Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695751 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#508750 Jan 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! Jesus Christ established, intitiated and built "One True Church" and in was (Universal and it was Catholic. "EVERY ONE" of the Churches beginning with the 1st Church at Antioch (then Corinth,Galatia,Ephesis,Philli pi,Colossus, Thessalonica (were appointed by Jesus Christ himself) led, guided, built and directed by the Apostles of Jesus as His Bishops, Priests, Elders and Deacons (Acts 2) and ALL that followed throughout 2000 years of True, authenticated and proven Church History ----and---they were (ALL) One---Universal ---Catholic Church --"visible, heirarchical and authoritative" again Acts 2 and referred to over 30 times in the New Testament! Paul confirms, validates, verifies and assertains (this to be true) in I Timothy 3:15, when he call The Church (not the bible) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.....and (only one Truth)--not 42,100 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting bible only Protestant (man-made) truths! And that TRUTH has, is and will (always) be grounded, established and solidified in Jesus Christ Himself, in and through His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church.
Oh, Your back!....... Darn.
Are you claiming god is not in their hearts and in their churches? Are you claiming you are more worthy to god than protestants are?
You need to focus on your own church that can't keep up with police investigations.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508751 Jan 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look at the ignorance that YOU show in this post.
for instance "no sacrifice".
Of course there will ne no sacrifice in a church since the Bible says there is no more "sacrifice".
He gave His life ONCE for ALL.
You should obey Jesus instead of your man-made protestant tradition.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#508752 Jan 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM's home gatherings are not "church", there is no Eucharist, no priest, no sacrifice. I'm sure they have a nice time reading and studying the bible, but it's bible-study, not "church".
But Anthony they have cake! Pop, Candy and Ice cream were in the Garden of Eden. The bible told LTM so. lol While people in the Early church did meet in homes in secret because of the persecution they all had a Bishop. Clearly when the Apostles sent a letter on the decision on circumcision it wasn't post marked to individual homes. Hebrews says to obey those who are over you and do not give them grief. Paul clearly tells Timothy not to ordain just anyone. That is a far cry from the Protestant who picks up a bible or goes online and gets a certification that he is now a minister able to divide the Word Correctly. There can be no false teachers with that model of anarchy.

If it were all that simple then Jesus would have given them a completed book and told them to pass it out and they could all individually decipher the true meaning on their own and there really isnt any need for any preacher at all. There are no false teachers its whatever Jesus tells them individually. Some have ,made Jn 3:16 all that is necessary. Each person incorporates their own values into that which they choose to believe. It is not unlike the Atheist who becomes a moralist in an immoral world. Al Capone or other Mob bosses would argue that they provide a good and a service and it is perfectly justifiable to murder someone if they cheat those who are cheating everyone else. Collateral damage is par for the course.

The bible doesn;t say alot of things. There were always judges and a source of authority. Whenever 2 or more are gathered is an old Jewish saying or iditom and inferred 2 or more people with reconginzed authority who call upon the Lord for a decision. As an example you could use the casting of lots to determine who to chose to replace Judas. It wasnt just 2 neophytes or false teachers with no basis authority other than a self proclamation. I have used Charles Manson and Jim Jones lets throw in Peter Popov another Charlaton. Ok here are 3 people for real that proclaim they are ministers. Which of these is the real deal? Again the book of Hebrews does not say obey what you are inclined to believe the book says. There was always an authority. Judas gives us the first example of betrayal and and first hand account that there will be more. The Old Testament is rife with rebellion and hypocrisy. Those in charge will not always practice what they preach. The church and leaders sometimes need rebuke, but the answer is not to just run down the street and start your own, because there will always be rebellion, wrong acts committed and betrayal. Correction is what is needed. The Church is not divided along ethnic lines. The council at Jersusalem nor those that followed did not ask for the approval of the lay community. The Apostles AND Priests met and conversed and made a decision. It is not the place for each individual to become an authority. There is no possible way to ever have unity with that model. How long do you think a business would function if everyone was the ceo with equal authority? Its insanity!

The Church is the ground and Pillar of the truth. He who hears you hears me. He who does not hear you does not hear me. If you cannot come to peace with someone who has committed a wrong then you go to the church and it will decide. Will there be those like King David who abused his authority? WIll be there be those who need rebuke as Peter himself did and Popes have been by Saints? Yes Did Moses get rebuked? Yes Did that mean they no longer had any authority? Peter calls himself a fellow presybyter or priest. So from that we are to infer an Apostle had no more weight than some layman? Really? Bishops are Piests,
LTM

Manitouwadge, Canada

#508753 Jan 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look at the ignorance that YOU show in this post.
for instance "no sacrifice".
Of course there will ne no sacrifice in a church since the Bible says there is no more "sacrifice".
He gave His life ONCE for ALL.
thank you Preston, Pastor James Kennedy; is a senior pastor, we do have communion at home church or did. It is no more I really miss it.
Nancy the head of our worship team at church and a very dear friend passed away a few years back from cancer.
Things change, and I know change is a good thing; I don't do well will it.
I don't go to church any more or go to home church ; Nancy's husband didn't continue with it after she died.
I have been praying for God to lead me to a Spirit filled God fearing group, were all the gifts of the spirit are operating.as well as all the fruits.
I am really missing the fellowship with my brothers and sister's. in Christ.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#508754 Jan 25, 2014
Dear Father,

Please bless,your children..all of us,here have very definite,ideas,...
Most concern you and,the,LOVE you had,for us,in SENDING YOUR
DIVINE SON to be a,perfect SACRIFICE FOR US,..showing us,a,MERCY
WE,DID,NOT DESERVE ..

please,Lord,some,of us,need,physical healing .

I pray for every family here,...especially for Nick..Preston..Pad ..LTM.. and,any of us,including myself who need you ..

We,pray for SPIRITUAL HEALING and the,work of the HOLY Spirit in our loved,ones,.

We,pray for The,USA,..FOR ISRAEL and the,world,that they have,peace and know,YOU ..

May we,all be,covered by the,BLOOD,of the,LAMB

we,pray in JESUS,NAME,...AMEN
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#508755 Jan 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't play your game, sorry.
I've been where you are, it isn't a pretty place.
The dismay you have of others is short lived - if you let it.
BTW - Jesus says otherwise.
I'll take your limited response to mean that you don't have proof "...that Christianity as a whole is a lie."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508756 Jan 25, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you Preston, Pastor James Kennedy; is a senior pastor, we do have communion at home church or did. It is no more I really miss it.
Nancy the head of our worship team at church and a very dear friend passed away a few years back from cancer.
I don't go to church any more or go to home church ; Nancy's husband didn't continue with it after she died.
I have been praying for God to lead me to a Spirit filled God fearing group, were all the gifts of the spirit are operating.as well as all the fruits.
UNTIL THEN YOU HAVE US..I TRY at this,time every Saturday nite,to pray for us,all hoping for others to join ...God bless,you ..He,is,with us,always,
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#508757 Jan 25, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN, being demolished by a Roman Catholic would be impossible. I have yet to meet ONE with an open mind to Biblical truth. When a Roman Catholic does open their mind to Biblical truth they become a ..........PROTESTANT.
AnthonyMN said, quote, "I'm not defending any guilty priest at all. The perps should be in prison. Many are." End quote.
You are a liar. You defend them. How? With the money you donate to the Roman Catholic church. They in turn use your money to hire lawyers to get the perverted priests off the hook. When you give money to Rome you are as guilty as the perverts your money helps defend.
<quoted text>
You make jokes and support crimes against children. May your rotten carcass rot in hell.
Who was it that said, "Let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone."?
LTM

Manitouwadge, Canada

#508758 Jan 25, 2014
MISSING BABY: Danbury police have issued a Silver Alert and are searching for missing 1-year-old Cameron Laurel. Please SHARE to help police find him. UPDATE: Cameron has been found safe.

More information ---> http://bit.ly/1eT9kNf

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508759 Jan 25, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
But Anthony they have cake! Pop, Candy and Ice cream were in the Garden of Eden. The bible told LTM so. lol While people in the Early church did meet in homes in secret because of the persecution they all had a Bishop. Clearly when the Apostles sent a letter on the decision on circumcision it wasn't post marked to individual homes. Hebrews says to obey those who are over you and do not give them grief. Paul clearly tells Timothy not to ordain just anyone. That is a far cry from the Protestant who picks up a bible or goes online and gets a certification that he is now a minister able to divide the Word Correctly. There can be no false teachers with that model of anarchy.
If it were all that simple then Jesus would have given them a completed book and told them to pass it out and they could all individually decipher the true meaning on their own and there really isnt any need for any preacher at all. There are no false teachers its whatever Jesus tells them individually. Some have ,made Jn 3:16 all that is necessary. Each person incorporates their own values into that which they choose to believe. It is not unlike the Atheist who becomes a moralist in an immoral world. Al Capone or other Mob bosses would argue that they provide a good and a service and it is perfectly justifiable to murder someone if they cheat those who are cheating everyone else. Collateral damage is par for the course.
The bible doesn;t say alot of things. There were always judges and a source of authority. Whenever 2 or more are gathered is an old Jewish saying or iditom and inferred 2 or more people with reconginzed authority who call upon the Lord for a decision. As an example you could use the casting of lots to determine who to chose to replace Judas. It wasnt just 2 neophytes or false teachers with no basis authority other than a self proclamation. I have used Charles Manson and Jim Jones lets throw in Peter Popov another Charlaton. Ok here are 3 people for real that proclaim they are ministers. Which of these is the real deal? Again the book of Hebrews does not say obey what you are inclined to believe the book says. There was always an authority. Judas gives us the first example of betrayal and and first hand account that there will be more. The Old Testament is rife with rebellion and hypocrisy. Those in charge will not always practice what they preach. The church and leaders sometimes need rebuke, but the answer is not to just run down the street and start your own, because there will always be rebellion, wrong acts committed and betrayal. Correction is what is needed. The Church is not divided along ethnic lines. The council at Jersusalem nor those that followed did not ask for the approval of the lay community. The Apostles AND Priests met and conversed and made a decision. It is not the place for each individual to become an authority. There is no possible way to ever have unity with that model. How long do you think a business would function if everyone was the ceo with equal authority? Its insanity!
The Church is the ground and Pillar of the truth. He who hears you hears me. He who does not hear you does not hear me. If you cannot come to peace with someone who has committed a wrong then you go to the church and it will decide. Will there be those like King David who abused his authority? WIll be there be those who need rebuke as Peter himself did and Popes have been by Saints? Yes Did Moses get rebuked? Yes Did that mean they no longer had any authority? Peter calls himself a fellow presybyter or priest. So from that we are to infer an Apostle had no more weight than some layman? Really? Bishops are Piests,
He,sent them to different towns,to spread HIS,word..to stay in a,home,..to worship together ...
When two or three,or more gather in HIS,NAME,He is,present ..

Even here in this,board,...if we,could,stop arguing for five minutes ..And,pray together ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508760 Jan 25, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible doesn;t say alot of things. There were always judges and a source of authority. Whenever 2 or more are gathered is an old Jewish saying or iditom and inferred 2 or more people with reconginzed authority who call upon the Lord for a decision. As an example you could use the casting of lots to determine who to chose to replace Judas. It wasnt just 2 neophytes or false teachers with no basis authority other than a self proclamation. I have used Charles Manson and Jim Jones le that mean they no longer had any authority? Peter calls himself a fellow presybyter or priest. So from that we are to infer an Apostle had no more weight than some layman? Really? Bishops are Piests,
He,sent them to different towns,to spread HIS,word..to stay in a,home,..to worship together ...

Even here in this,board,...if we,could,stop arguing for five minutes ..And,pray together ...
LTM

Manitouwadge, Canada

#508761 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
UNTIL THEN YOU HAVE US..I TRY at this,time every Saturday nite,to pray for us,all hoping for others to join ...God bless,you ..He,is,with us,always,
Thank you RoSesz:::)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#508762 Jan 25, 2014
who="LTM" <quoted text>

----------
Please get somewhere fast! You need the fellowship, and the church needs YOU. Don't look for a perfect church...they are made up of people...we are people, and none of us is perfect. We are to learn together.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508763 Jan 25, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
31FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.
This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one.
Now,I'm confused

Yes,the,Church is,the body of believers,..the,BRIDE,OF CHRIST .

BUT I was,talking about home,Churches, being biblical.

What about folks,meeting in underground churches,..with pieces,of bibles,and certainly no priest or cathedral ..maybe no ordained,minister .

I say they are,closer to God,and the,worship of the disciples than bishops or the,Vatican ...or Billy Graham ...it's,our HEARTS,HE WANTS,...not a,building ..

#508764 Jan 25, 2014
[who="RoSesz Dear Father,
Please bless,your children..all of us,here have very definite,ideas,...
Most concern you and,the,LOVE you had,for us,in SENDING YOUR
DIVINE SON to be a,perfect SACRIFICE FOR US,..showing us,a,MERCY
WE,DID,NOT DESERVE ..
please,Lord,some,of us,need,physical healing .
I pray for every family here,...especially for Nick..Preston..Pad ..LTM.. and,any of us,including myself who need you ..
We,pray for SPIRITUAL HEALING and the,work of the HOLY Spirit in our loved,ones,.
We,pray for The,USA,..FOR ISRAEL and the,world,that they have,peace and know,YOU ..
May we,all be,covered by the,BLOOD,of the,LAMB
we,pray in JESUS,NAME,...AMEN

----------
AMEN, and thank you for "boldly approaching the throne of Grace". He will honor this.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508765 Jan 25, 2014
LTM wrote:
MISSING BABY: Danbury police have issued a Silver Alert and are searching for missing 1-year-old Cameron Laurel. Please SHARE to help police find him. UPDATE: Cameron has been found safe.
More information ---> http://bit.ly/1eT9kNf
Father,please,put your hand,on this,Child,and,the,ones,lookin g for her ...in Jesus,name,

#508766 Jan 25, 2014
[who="RoSesz" <quoted text>

----------
Jesus said that the GREATEST one among you is the SERVANT of all... Let us be great...in HIS sight.

KM

#508767 Jan 25, 2014
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
Now,I'm confused
What about folks,meeting in underground churches,..with pieces,of bibles,and certainly no priest or cathedral ..maybe no ordained,minister .
I say they are,closer to God,and the,worship of the disciples than bishops or the,Vatican ...or Billy Graham ...it's,our HEARTS,HE WANTS,...not a,building ...

----------
You got it right...His church is focused on HIM...not a big show.
I heard a nice young preacher speak on this. He warned against the temptation to pride when people applauded him. He likened it to the donkey carrying Jesus into Jerusalem. He said that the donkey must realize that "It is ALL ABOUT JESUS"...not himself.

There are a lot of proud donkeys in this world...

KayMarie
Husker

Falls City, NE

#508768 Jan 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now,I'm confused
I say they are,closer to God,and the,worship of the disciples than bishops or the,Vatican ...or Billy Graham ...it's,our HEARTS,HE WANTS,...not a,building ..
Well the priests, Bishops have the Body ,Blood ,Soul and Divinity, the Eucharist , rose. The Eucharist. You can't receive Christ without the priest, rose. The nuns taught you that, rose.

#508769 Jan 25, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
LTM's home gatherings are not "church", there is no Eucharist, no priest, no sacrifice. I'm sure they have a nice time reading and studying the bible, but it's bible-study, not "church".

----------
Wrong again Anthony. Jesus said, "Wherever two or more of you are gathered together, "THERE AM I."
HE is our priest, our sacrifice, and, since HE is present, we share communion WITH HIM. THAT is church!

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Sylvia 10,733
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan '18 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web