Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
490,761 - 490,780 of 538,555 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure things out myself.
Interesting...

Do you have an objective standard of morality by which you can judge whether or not something is morally right or wrong?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the difference between right and wrong. I believe in God and I know what right and wrong is by His Word and a relationship with His Son.
You don't believe in God, so how do you determine what is right and wrong?
chuck says.........You don't believe in God, so how do you determine what is right and wrong?

Michael says..........Common sense! Isn't that how you determine right from wrong or do you get your bible out every move you make and do what the bible tells you to do?

What is gods relationship with his son? I thought God the father, the holy spirit and jesus were 3 equal persons as one God yet christians talk about Jesus as if he is not the same as God the father. 1+1+1 = 1 Isn't that what we were taught? or is it really 1+1+1=3.

If God the father, holy spirit and jesus are three distinct persons in one God, why is it always God the father who makes all the decisions?

makes no common sense. But that is what we were taught.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me about it! June V is perhaps the queen of posting her self-serving opinions!
69,219 posts June has made since sept 2009. That is one post every 3 minutes and 28 seconds 24 hours a day, for 4 1/2 years straight.

It has to be a record for something, and she hasn't convinced me of anything.(lol)

Since: Sep 09

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> the connect here is a church claiming to be the TRUE CHURCH that CHIRST started and its molestations being performed in this so call TRUE CHURCH. When you make a claim like that be expected to be attacked...
So when Protestants molest, they can still claim that their thousands of divided churches ARE the true churches aligned to the mindset of the supposed Christ???

You are really something!

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would God affiliate himself with the leaders of the roman catholic church when they have a 1700 year checkered history?
I suggest to be fair, that you ask the same question of all the other religious "institutions" that harbor pedophiles in their "ranks?"

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> the connect here is a church claiming to be the TRUE CHURCH that CHIRST started and its molestations being performed in this so call TRUE CHURCH. When you make a claim like that be expected to be attacked...
June is highly upset because Michael has taken center stage and she is no longer in the "spotlight". Trolls and narcissistic sociopaths can't stand such a situation, and become very irritated and nasty toward such individuals, and she let him know about it in no uncertain terms-{back off buster!-this is "my show!}. That is why she seeks to discredit anyone who has the intelligence to posit anything she can't compete with and lose that "spotlight". In effect, an alligator mouth with a tweetybird brain.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
chuck says.........You don't believe in God, so how do you determine what is right and wrong?
Michael says..........Common sense! Isn't that how you determine right from wrong or do you get your bible out every move you make and do what the bible tells you to do?
What is gods relationship with his son? I thought God the father, the holy spirit and jesus were 3 equal persons as one God yet christians talk about Jesus as if he is not the same as God the father. 1+1+1 = 1 Isn't that what we were taught? or is it really 1+1+1=3.
If God the father, holy spirit and jesus are three distinct persons in one God, why is it always God the father who makes all the decisions?
makes no common sense. But that is what we were taught.
If what you believe is common sense contradicts what someone else considers to be common sense, then are your judgments really “common sense”?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> How can the True Church tof Christ that He started have the corruption in its history? The reformation would never have happened if the so called True Church was not corrupted? Do I hear an Amen?
History is the witness.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would God affiliate himself with the leaders of the roman catholic church when they have a 1700 year checkered history?. No God worth his salt would ever put his shingle up over the doorway of the roman catholic church knowing that for centuries low end people were disposable at the churches command.
Martin Luther saw the inner workings and didn't like them. Its obvious that millions of others during this time saw the same thing or they wouldn't have walked away.
155 million protestants in the greatest country in the world. USA! USA! USA!!!
Only 68 million roman catholics, and most by indoctrination, and most don't even follow their faith today as requried.
If you can't trust the leaders (as we now know) how can you trust their message?
Michael, there is someone on this site that is trying to collect info. They come on as a virus killer, and when you let them in they heck your personal information. So please becareful. ok.

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reasoning
The final piece of the puzzle is reasoning. It needs to be remembered that persecutory delusions are inherently a judgement and therefore reasoning processes are of central importance. Persecutory ideas are more likely to reach a delusional intensity if there are accompanying biases in reasoning such as reduced data gathering (jumping to conclusions)(Garety & Freeman, 1999), failure to consider alternative explanations (Freeman et al, 2004) and a strong belief confirmation bias (Wason, 1960). When reasoning biases are present, suspicions become near certainties; ideas of threat are held with a conviction unwarranted by the evidence and may then be considered delusional.
Our model contains further hypotheses concerning the maintenance and emotional reaction associated with persecutory delusions. For example, since the explanations contain threat beliefs, the fears will be maintained by processes similar to those outlined in the anxiety disorders literature, such as the use of safety behaviours (e.g. avoiding other people) which prevent the processing of disconfirmatory evidence (Clark, 1999). Furthermore, the individual’s relationship with the persecutor may be important in determining emotional reactions; the belief that the persecutor is powerful has been associated with higher levels of depression (Birchwood et al, 2000b; Freeman et al, 2001). Thus, we conceptualise paranoia as resulting from individuals’ attempts to understand their experiences, particularly unusual internal states, while under the influence of emotional states such as anxiety and biases of reasoning. Careful assessment is needed to determine the relevant factors in each individual case.
http://m.apt.rcpsych.org/content/12/6/404.ful...
That's quite the perseption.

You would like to convince me that I am delusional, and you are on the right track to knowledge.

You haven't changed your haughty attitude of being superior ... not one iota.

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

perception

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me, but your ignorance has no bounds.
That's true. That's why I would never trust my perceptions to claim that a god loves me and will reject others who don't have the correct religion.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would God affiliate himself with the leaders of the roman catholic church when they have a 1700 year checkered history?. No God worth his salt would ever put his shingle up over the doorway of the roman catholic church knowing that for centuries low end people were disposable at the churches command.
Martin Luther saw the inner workings and didn't like them. Its obvious that millions of others during this time saw the same thing or they wouldn't have walked away.
155 million protestants in the greatest country in the world. USA! USA! USA!!!
Only 68 million roman catholics, and most by indoctrination, and most don't even follow their faith today as requried.
If you can't trust the leaders (as we now know) how can you trust their message?
I liked your post Michael, Catholic's will remain catholic's as long as they go to church twice a year. God is God everyday in every moment of every second.
God does not take holidays, and the days the catholic's are required to go are not christian holidays.
We if at all truthful are to follow the Sabbeth, the Jewish Passover etc. I can't think of them all right now.
We did a study on these in Bible class. And Home Church. I won't go back to a traditional church .

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Recidivism rates for all crimes are skyrocketing.
The population on earth is skyrocketing. More humans equates to more crimes.

The prisons are full of humans who don't learn lessons.

Observe how many centuries that Christians murdered innocent people as heretics and got away with those horrible crimes.

You can't perfect humans. Humans are self-centered animals ... and that includes all of us.

I suggest that the only perfected human is a dead human.

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
[You should try Jesus, not a denomination.
You ARE your own denomination.

And as for "trying Jesus" ... I suggest that if Jesus existed that he would find your arrogance of using his name as a play-thing for your emotional highs, as very trying in deed.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how desperate you are for attention, so I'll answer you one more time re; the abuse scandal. The abuse we're hearing about now is from cases that are, like the other cases, many decades old. The priests and bishops involved are either dead, out of the ministry or in jail. The statute of limitations have expired. If there was a legal way of prosecuting and incarcerating them I would be all for it. There will probably be more cases of decades old stories coming to light in the future. We know it happened, we're not denying, we're not minimizing it, we're doing everything at the Church level, the Diocesan level and the Vatican level that can be done. Had the Church NOT taken action to keep it from happening in the future you would have a point. I have expressed my disgust over this many times in the past. To keep doing just to satisfy you and your agenda is not productive. Take care Michael. Find some worthwhile hobby, maybe start paying attention to your wife.
Here are some excerpts from the media regarding the 6,000 pages kept secret by the archdiocese of Chicago. The church authorities kept these 6,000 files secret for years fooling everyone in the diocese of what was REALLY going on.

.......Some of the documents released on Tuesday and published on the website of attorney Jeff Anderson, who brokered the deal in 2008, are deeply disturbing.

....... Many show a terrible level of child abuse, including detailed allegations by young boys of sodomy, forced oral sex and, in one case, a young girl who recounted how a priest masturbated and ejaculated on top of her. One complaint details how a priest threatened his victim at gunpoint not to tell authorities about the ongoing rape. The documents also show how the hierarchy within the Chicago diocese willingly moved priests around and lied to the victims’ families, legal teams and even the local police. At one point, as many as 60 percent of the churches in the Chicago archdiocese had pedophile priests, according to a Voices of the Faithful study conducted in 2010.

.....Chicago attorney Marc Pearlman, who, together with attorney Jeff Anderson, secured the release of the 6,000 documents in a settlement with the church, says that they only cover 30 of 65 priests known to be sexually abusive in Chicago. At a press conference in Chicago on Tuesday, Pearlman said that each case file shows “SYSTEMATIC" cover up of abuse.” He said that in each instance the victims “reported abuse, reported allegations, the archdiocese worked hard to cover it up, and keep it secret, then the transfer of priests.” Pearlman says the clergy knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

.....and you Anthony are angry at me for discussing these terrible crimes? Transparency is rightous!.... isn't that what your church teaches?

Where is YOUR voice for the victims Anthony?.

Houston, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Dear children,
Someday you will learn ALL about santa.
On that day remember all that was told to you about jesus."

Author unknown
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The population on earth is skyrocketing. More humans equates to more crimes.
The prisons are full of humans who don't learn lessons.
Observe how many centuries that Christians murdered innocent people as heretics and got away with those horrible crimes.
You can't perfect humans. Humans are self-centered animals ... and that includes all of us.
I suggest that the only perfected human is a dead human.
According to you everyone is going bad in a handbasket. Too bad! My life is right on track.

What is your answer, open up the prison doors let everyone out and start all over from scratch?

If everyone lived the way I do, the world would be a much better, safer place. You should give it a try instead of your negativity towards mankind.

I stand up for victms of crime.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
ALLEGATIONS??!!! Let's use the correct words when describing the perverted priests of the Roman Catholic cult.....PROVEN CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN.......Not ALLEGATIONS......PROVEN CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN.
Your defense of these perverts leads all of us on this forum to believe you are one of the perverts who have sodomized little boys. Are you one of the perverts? I am sure you will say no. LOL LOL What else could you say.....all of the perverted priests said no also.
Boy, you sure jumped out of the closet on this subject. Tired of getting demolished on every other issue with Catholics I see.

I'm not defending any guilty priest at all. The perps should be in prison. Many are. This post simply cited professional studies produced by those (non-Catholic) who investigate and treat molesters. They say it's as bad or worse in protestantland. Considering the statistically higher level of pedophiles in protestant circles, it's more likely that a "deacon" such as yourself is a pedophile than a Catholic priest.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked your post Michael, Catholic's will remain catholic's as long as they go to church twice a year. God is God everyday in every moment of every second.
God does not take holidays, and the days the catholic's are required to go are not christian holidays.
We if at all truthful are to follow the Sabbeth, the Jewish Passover etc. I can't think of them all right now.
We did a study on these in Bible class. And Home Church. I won't go back to a traditional church .
Your "home church" is not biblical.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••