Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665622 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508700 Jan 25, 2014
marge wrote:
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
We believe "you" are one of the "they".

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#508701 Jan 25, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> oh really?...he's closer than you think. He has already kissed the Quran...
+

YEAH ... the pope kissed the Qur'an.

What a hypocrite!

At the same time he had his missionaries in Muslim countries, preaching at the Muslims that unless they became Catholic Christians, they couldn't be saved from hell.

Double-speak is common with theologians.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#508702 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As are you, I am here to shoot my mouth off. If I agreed with you and your Protestant persuasion, you wouldn't be nasty to me ... and you KNOW that is true.
You would be sucking up to me with compliments galore in the notion of how wise I would be for perceiving as YOU perceive.
nawwww religion plays no role in whom I allow in my life...plus sucken up is for suckers...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508703 Jan 25, 2014
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Location hidden

#508704 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholics are here to defend Catholicism, and you are here to revile against Catholicism and defend Protestantism.
That's YOUR answer.
My reason for being here, is, to defend my idea that all religion is trouble-making nonsensical gibberish.
Well when a church makes the claim as the tile in this forum it better be able to defend that claim....and no to the second part of your post. I agree with some things from both sides on some things I don't from both sides.

Location hidden

#508705 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>+
What a hypocrite!
At the same time he had his missionaries in Muslim countries, preaching at the Muslims that unless they became Catholic Christians, they couldn't be saved from hell.
Take it up with them not me....
michael

Canada

#508706 Jan 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Never used "Will". And anytime I changed it (which is 3 times) I always said who I was.
You on the other hand, got busted posting with the name Thomas when you meant to have Michael written. That was funny. Now your going to lie about it, but that's ok Tommy boy. Two ton Tommy. The Tommeister. "The Tommenator... On his computer.. Googling stuff, wanting to talk about child sexual abuse!"
lol
What were you arrested for? Did you meet OJ when you were in? Did you have a boyfriend? Did they install bathroom cubicles to make you happy?

You came out a broken man, now you are on here telling others how to live their lives......OMG!!

marge

Leesburg, GA

#508707 Jan 25, 2014
Whatever tends to weaken love to God, or love to the brethren, tends to defeat the end of the commandment. The design of the gospel is answered, when sinners, through repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ, are brought to exercise Christian love. And as believers were righteous persons in God's appointed way, the law was not against them. But unless we are made righteous by faith in Christ, really repenting and forsaking sin, we are yet under the curse of the law, even according to the gospel of the blessed God, and are unfit to share the holy happiness of heaven.
michael

Canada

#508708 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>+
What a hypocrite!
What is wrong with showing respect to others? Don't you believe in equality?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#508709 Jan 25, 2014
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
No o n e,SAID,it did not happen elsewhere ...And yes,it does,NOT make it better ...ONE SOUK OF A,CHILD,LOST IN ONE CENTURY FROM A CHURCH YOU SAY IS,THE ONLY TRUE,CHURCH IS,TOO MANY
oh please,on the,other ..kid is,altar boy alone with priest ...kid has no idea,what happened but knows,it's,awful ..he,says,mom I don't want to be an altar boy ...But cannot even talk about it ..so mom seeks guidance from the priest ...who then threatens,the kid....
You and,Robert seem to be putting it on the,parents,..And I'm saying ...if the,Fathers,and,sisters,said,w e,did,wrong ..good parents,upheld it ...in most cases,...
A protestant CAN LEAVE HIS,CHURCH....CATHILICS,WERE TOLD IF THEY GO TO OTHER FAITHS,THEY WERE DAMNED...And that is,FACT ..WE,SUPPOSEDLY HAD THE TRUE FAITH AS,A,GIFT ..THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ONLY ..going to another Church was,a,sin
And you people,keep trying to rewrite history ...I must be wrong ...it was,ONKY my NUNS,'s,..blah blah
Met a woman over the holidays,..my age ..her experiences,...whole different part of the country same as,mine ...even to BEING TAUGHT HOW TO BAPTIZE a baby in an emergency ....so they won't go to LIMBO .
I really dint care,if you rewrite how,it was except it was nice to talk to an honest person who did not ...
You all take what I KNOW, I WAS,TAUGHT UP TO AND INCLUDING THE,NAME OF YIUR CHURCH...WHICH I BET IS, ON YIUR BAPTISM CERTIFICATE and try to tell me I say Roman Catholic to be a bigot ...baloney ..that's what it was called and you all know it ...
And I know,parents,especially those even before us...leaned on the Church and the priests,for advice and solace ..especially the,immigrants,of my parents,time ...how,often did your parents,and grand parents,call out their priests...NEVER...And those kids,were,afraid to ..
It was,an abomination evidently for decades,....And the,solution ...so simple ..put the,creeps,in a,monastery ..they could repent in silence ...But NO they were moved to other churches .
Can you not see why people,are,angry...
I'm as angry at ANYONE WHO DOES IT ..But Michael has,a,real problem..answering him.with news,on other churches,instead of letting him.know,over and over THE PRIESTS WERE NOT REAL FATHERS,...GOD IS,...But no ..his,soul seems of no import ance...his,anger might lose him forever ...But keep being up B Baptists,Regina..That will help a,lot ..that's,why he is,angry ...

----------
I am so glad that you found the Truth. I understand why those parents could not believe that a 'holy man' would do such things.
I read about Catholic nurses who used a basting instrument, and squirted water into a woman's uterus to 'baptize' an dying infant, so the poor thing would not go to limbo. All the while I was told that all babies went to limbo.?????????

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#508710 Jan 25, 2014
[QOTE who="Liam" We are on the front lines in the reality of Spiritual warfare. Its difficult enough as Catholics to be surrounded by people who hate you. They wanna see your Church exterminated for blasphemy. They want the Pope humiliated and stripped of his vestments. They mock us whenever possible; would spat on us if had the opportunity; they bear false witness, mock our devotion to Mary, ridicule the Blessed Sacrament, flip the sacred scriptures against us; they put us on trial in the court of public opinion, hoping others will also turn against us!
I love it! This could only be the Church that Jesus started. Glad to be a part of it!
We Catholics are fighting a real battle, and we got you bible waving knuckleheads undermining us at every turn. Like our annoying little brothers who won't shut up. You wanna pick apart our sacred scriptures as if God's suddenly revealing it to you after 2,000??

----------
Seriously...if the scriptures are sacred, WHY do CC's nullify them by the writings of strangers? And why do they scold Protestants for believing what they say?

KayMarie

Location hidden

#508711 Jan 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if you've ever read this. I hope you and Nick would take a moment. The Orthodox say essentially the same thing about your Church.
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...
Both Church's agree on Apostolic succession.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#508712 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have, and at one time you also agreed with me (when you were for a brief time an Atheist.)
Now you take the side of Catholicism being a heavenly idea, and I take the side of no religion being a good idea.
You are no longer debating on my side of the issue that religion is based on fear, as once was your "calling."
:)
June

When all is said and done, and one's last breath and thought is done, then religion will be left behind, as will everything else....

Location hidden

#508713 Jan 25, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with showing respect to others? Don't you believe in equality?
This is where I disagree with you Miguel....you can show respect to others without compromising your own faith.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#508714 Jan 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
More nastiness for LTM from St. Justin Martyr, one of the NASTY BOYS in the early Church who was taught by the apostles.
"And we afterwards continually remind each other of these things. And the wealthy among us help the needy; and we always keep together; and for all things wherewith we are supplied, we bless the Maker of all through His Son Jesus Christ, and through the Holy Ghost. And on the day called Sunday, ALL WHO LIVE IN CITIES OR IN THE COUNTRY GATHER TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits; then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs, and exhorts to the imitation of these good things. Then we all rise together and pray, and, as we before said, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought, and the president in like manner offers prayers and thanksgivings, according to his ability, and the people assent, saying Amen; and there is a distribution to each, and a participation of that over which thanks have been given, and to those who are absent a portion is sent by the deacons. And they who are well to do, and willing, give what each thinks fit; and what is collected is deposited with the president, who succours the orphans and widows and those who, through sickness or any other cause, are in want, and those who are in bonds and the strangers sojourning among us, and in a word takes care of all who are in need. But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Saviour on the same day rose from the dead. For He was crucified on the day before that of Saturn (Saturday); and on the day after that of Saturn, which is the day of the Sun, having appeared to His apostles and disciples, He taught them these things, which we have submitted to you also for your consideration."
(NOT INDIVIDUAL GATHERINGS OF CHRISTIANS IN HOME CHURCHES)
So the,ONE,PLACE,they met was,never in a,persons home that was,offered ..??? Really ..it does,not say that Anthony .

The,earliest meetings,WERE,IN HOMES,..or they preached,in public ..the,disciples,stayed in these,hones,at times..

What's,wrong with admitting they did that ...

Sometimes,they also preached,in synagogues,.....But many meetings,WERE in homes,....I thunk that was,ACTUAlly the earliest practice ...

As the,members,multiplied,..I'm sure they adapted to communal places,....meeting halls,..early buildings,made for the,purpose,...But home churches,are,definitely in the bible,..

Location hidden

#508715 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just one of us greedy members of the human race Robert. And the fact that you feel a need to belong to a religion that is as haughty as it gets in its claims of being special to a god, makes it plain that you like to rub shoulders with the elite ... and NOT with those you perceive as "commoners."
I suggest from what you have posted that if you were handed the position of pope, you would step right into the role as it being worthy of your full attention, and that you would have no problem whatsoever with being waited on hand and foot by servants that come to you at your beck and call.
June

The need to belong to a haughty religion is rather repulsive to me. And honestly, when people try the one-upmanship of their religion over someone else bothers me. But I only rub shoulders with commoners. I doubt if kings would tolerate me being pope(smiles) beaureaucrats would ignore me, and lower level officials would hate me....

I pretty much accept the who, what, and where I am. At this time in my life its enough. Being Pope, I leave to those who like to pontificate....I have to many problems of my own to deal with....

Prince George, Canada

#508716 Jan 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ needs followers to communicate the good news because it results in everlasting life.
Jesus the faithful Jew to Judaism ... residing in a Catholic oriented or a Protestant oriented state of eternal bliss in the sky somewhere or other.

That illusion brings quite a picture of disorientation to my mind, with Jesus (had he even existed) saying ... "What in the Sam-hell am I doing HERE???"

Prince George, Canada

#508717 Jan 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
When all is said and done, and one's last breath and thought is done, then religion will be left behind, as will everything else....
Religion bases it's illusive self in the future.

What a garish nightmare. I'll reverse the self-serving "set-up." Hell and eternal suffering for self ... bliss for others.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#508718 Jan 25, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
No o n e,SAID,it did not happen elsewhere ...And yes,it does,NOT make it better ...ONE SOUK OF A,CHILD,LOST IN ONE CENTURY FROM A CHURCH YOU SAY IS,THE ONLY TRUE,CHURCH IS,TOO MANY
oh please,on the,other ..kid is,altar boy alone with priest ...kid has no idea,what happened but knows,it's,awful ..he,says,mom I don't want to be an altar boy ...But cannot even talk about it ..so mom seeks guidance from the priest ...who then threatens,the kid....
You and,Robert seem to be putting it on the,parents,..And I'm saying ...if the,Fathers,and,sisters,said,w e,did,wrong ..good parents,upheld it ...in most cases,...
A protestant CAN LEAVE HIS,CHURCH....CATHILICS,WERE TOLD IF THEY GO TO OTHER FAITHS,THEY WERE DAMNED...And that is,FACT ..WE,SUPPOSEDLY HAD THE TRUE FAITH AS,A,GIFT ..THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ONLY ..going to another Church was,a,sin
And you people,keep trying to rewrite history ...I must be wrong ...it was,ONKY my NUNS,'s,..blah blah
Met a woman over the holidays,..my age ..her experiences,...whole different part of the country same as,mine ...even to BEING TAUGHT HOW TO BAPTIZE a baby in an emergency ....so they won't go to LIMBO .
I really dint care,if you rewrite how,it was except it was nice to talk to an honest person who did not ...
You all take what I KNOW, I WAS,TAUGHT UP TO AND INCLUDING THE,NAME OF YIUR CHURCH...WHICH I BET IS, ON YIUR BAPTISM CERTIFICATE and try to tell me I say Roman Catholic to be a bigot ...baloney ..that's what it was called and you all know it ...
And I know,parents,especially those even before us...leaned on the Church and the priests,for advice and solace ..especially the,immigrants,of my parents,time ...how,often did your parents,and grand parents,call out their priests...NEVER...And those kids,were,afraid to ..
It was,an abomination evidently for decades,....And the,solution ...so simple ..put the,creeps,in a,monastery ..they could repent in silence ...But NO they were moved to other churches .
Can you not see why people,are,angry...
I'm as angry at ANYONE WHO DOES IT ..But Michael has,a,real problem..answering him.with news,on other churches,instead of letting him.know,over and over THE PRIESTS WERE NOT REAL FATHERS,...GOD IS,...But no ..his,soul seems of no import ance...his,anger might lose him forever ...But keep being up B Baptists,Regina..That will help a,lot ..that's,why he is,angry ...
----------
I am so glad that you found the Truth. I understand why those parents could not believe that a 'holy man' would do such things.
I read about Catholic nurses who used a basting instrument, and squirted water into a woman's uterus to 'baptize' an dying infant, so the poor thing would not go to limbo. All the while I was told that all babies went to limbo.?????????
KayMarie
Never heard the Baster...at that point no idea,what a,uterus,was lol.

But limbo was a,staple in our school ...And emergency baptizing ...it was taught ..

Location hidden

#508719 Jan 25, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
[QOTE who="Liam" We are on the front lines in the reality of Spiritual warfare. Its difficult enough as Catholics to be surrounded by people who hate you. They wanna see your Church exterminated for blasphemy. They want the Pope humiliated and stripped of his vestments. They mock us whenever possible; would spat on us if had the opportunity; they bear false witness, mock our devotion to Mary, ridicule the Blessed Sacrament, flip the sacred scriptures against us; they put us on trial in the court of public opinion, hoping others will also turn against us!
I love it! This could only be the Church that Jesus started. Glad to be a part of it!
We Catholics are fighting a real battle, and we got you bible waving knuckleheads undermining us at every turn. Like our annoying little brothers who won't shut up. You wanna pick apart our sacred scriptures as if God's suddenly revealing it to you after 2,000??
----------
Seriously...if the scriptures are sacred, WHY do CC's nullify them by the writings of strangers? And why do they scold Protestants for believing what they say?
KayMarie
confronting
KayMarie

Peace

I think one needs to be informed. So the RCC has a rather extensive reading list from which to choose. This makes it hard for most people to filter and fathom what to read. And the Protestant would just stick with their own filtering(commentaries, and writings) on the Bible.

For me, it is good to see through time, what people have written on certain subjects. Namely, obedience to Christ, and the virtues one gains from that obedience.

I think RCCs look at Protestant's restrictions, as having to many branches pruned, so that there is no place for fruit to grow on the tree. And Protestants look at the big tree of the RCC and think it needs massive pruning....

But that is for each of us a personal decision with God doing the pruning....

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Mr Sir 10,376
News Christmas reminds us that Jesus was a migrant l... 14 hr Father Obrien 4
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Fri Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
More from around the web