Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,269
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508451 Jan 24, 2014
A catholic victims comments of the chicago scandal.

Tony Iacono, 62, of Springfield Illinois, said although he was raised Catholic by an Italian immigrant father and first-generation Italian-American mother, he too will never return to the Catholic Church. Iacono said he was abused by the Rev. Thomas Kelly at St. John Vianney Catholic Church in northwest suburban Northlake Illinois.

“I never could imagine that the people that are in charge of the catholic church would choose the actions to protect the institution over the welfare of the children,” he said.“Now I've seen it. I've seen it repeatedly. I've seen that what they say holds very little truth, although they cling to it as though it's truth, and they know it's not. So they have no credibility with me whatsoever.”

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508452 Jan 24, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you sure jumped out of the closet on this subject. Tired of getting demolished on every other issue with Catholics I see.
I'm not defending any guilty priest at all. The perps should be in prison. Many are. This post simply cited professional studies produced by those (non-Catholic) who investigate and treat molesters. They say it's as bad or worse in protestantland. Considering the statistically higher level of pedophiles in protestant circles, it's more likely that a "deacon" such as yourself is a pedophile than a Catholic priest.
We know about the perpitrators.

....... What do you say about the ones in authority who INTENTIONALLY lied, deceived, and covered up these crimes allowing more crimes to occur, protecting the church and not the victims? What should be their punishment Anthony?

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#508453 Jan 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If everyone lived the way I do, the world would be a much better, safer place.
If you say your moral standard is based on common sense, then what do you do when what is “common sense” for you contradicts with what is “common sense” for someone else?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508454 Jan 24, 2014
6,000 documents held in secret by catholic AUTHORITIES for years in the diocese describing oral sex, sodomy, and masturbation on boys and girls and no sound action taken, fooling every parishioner in the diocese. The ones who pay the church authorities salaries benefits.

sickening and UNBELIEVABLE!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#508455 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite the perseption.
You would like to convince me that I am delusional, and you are on the right track to knowledge.
You haven't changed your haughty attitude of being superior ... not one iota.
There ya go right there...your paranoid inferiority complex is right here in black and white.
Yes. That is self delusion. It is NOT "my" fault you are inept and unable to keep up with someone who knows more about just about everything you discuss. THAT is your own fault!
Quit blaming everyone else for your own ignorance.
You just ain't got what it takes, and won't invest the time and energy to educate yourself.
I can't help but appear "haughty" in any discussion with you, you are an ignorant ingrate.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508456 Jan 24, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you sure jumped out of the closet on this subject. Tired of getting demolished on every other issue with Catholics I see.
I'm not defending any guilty priest at all. The perps should be in prison. Many are. This post simply cited professional studies produced by those (non-Catholic) who investigate and treat molesters. They say it's as bad or worse in protestantland. Considering the statistically higher level of pedophiles in protestant circles, it's more likely that a "deacon" such as yourself is a pedophile than a Catholic priest.
Worst in protestant land he says.

Post a list of 30 protestant ministers gathered up in one swoop, from cities in america that have been charged with buggering children?

I can post many cities in america where 30-50 priests have been gathered up in one swoop, and lets not forget the ones who never got caught.

An organization that hangs its hat on morality and justice. Not even close. The proof is in the facts.

.....and you get mad at me for being transparent about the truth.

you have the attitude like the young girls down in Miami screaming through the fence at the police station wanting Justin Bieber released because they said he didn't do anything wrong. Go after real criminals they screamed!

UNBLIEVABLE!

Location hidden

#508457 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite the perseption.
You would like to convince me that I am delusional, and you are on the right track to knowledge.
You haven't changed your haughty attitude of being superior ... not one iota.
Oh, BTW- That's not "my" perception. it is the findings of professionals who deal with individuals like you every day. You fit the bill quite well. I suggest you read it again(if you read it at all)---slowly.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#508458 Jan 24, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Benedict's Peculiar Record on Pedophile Priests
by Simcha Fisher Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:44 PM

It's hard to argue with numbers. It's much easier to say, "Boo, Catholics! Priests, yuck! Ratzinger, guity!" But folks who do that are lazy or ignorant at best, or at worst, something far worse: they are telling children who are exploited and abused by imams, protestant ministers, rabbis, librarians, pediatricians, swimming coaches, and Starbucks supervisors, "Your suffering isn't useful to me. Get back to me when you've been molested by a priest. Now that's a story."

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/simcha-fisher/...

Location hidden

#508459 Jan 24, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say your moral standard is based on common sense, then what do you do when what is “common sense” for you contradicts with what is “common sense” for someone else?
You mean like this? You call this common sense?

Prov. 23:13-14 ("Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell"),
Prov. 22:15 RSV ("Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him"),
Prov. 20:30 RSV ("Blows that wound cleanse away evil; strokes make clean the innermost parts"),
Prov. 13:24 RSV ("He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him"),
Prov. 19:19 ("Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying"),
Prov. 29:15 ("Thy rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother"),
Prov. 26:3 ("A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back <children are often foolish>"), and
Deut. 21:18-21 ("If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son, who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city...and they shall say to the elders of his city,'This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard. Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from the midst").
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#508460 Jan 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
We know about the perpitrators.
....... What do you say about the ones in authority who INTENTIONALLY lied, deceived, and covered up these crimes allowing more crimes to occur, protecting the church and not the victims? What should be their punishment Anthony?
Prosecuted to the full extent of the law of course.....I've only said that about a hundred time over the course of a few years here.

Oh, but wait, you also want to know what I'm doing personally. Not really any of your business. Oh, but wait, I should also be like you and abandon the Church and my faith in God. Probably to help you justify your own actions. Don't forget, we all know you left the Church long before you even knew there were issues.

I know you want to be pals Mike, but you obsession is a bit frightening ...thanks, but no thanks...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#508461 Jan 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Worst in protestant land he says.
Post a list of 30 protestant ministers gathered up in one swoop, from cities in america that have been charged with buggering children?
I can post many cities in america where 30-50 priests have been gathered up in one swoop, and lets not forget the ones who never got caught.
An organization that hangs its hat on morality and justice. Not even close. The proof is in the facts.
.....and you get mad at me for being transparent about the truth.
you have the attitude like the young girls down in Miami screaming through the fence at the police station wanting Justin Bieber released because they said he didn't do anything wrong. Go after real criminals they screamed!
UNBLIEVABLE!
Mad at you? Moi?
michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508462 Jan 24, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you do when other religions have diiferent teachings and moral standards than you? Remember chrsitianity is not the world standard. Christianity makes up only 23% of the world population and most christians don't practice their faith as required.

Good old common sense. It always works for me.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#508463 Jan 24, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one making the claim that Christianity is a lie. If you had proof you would have presented it with glee. You don't have proof. Your opinion is your own and welcome to it. If you don't have verifiable facts to back up your claim you don't have proof.
Just to shut you up......I'm going to post some bullshite teachings Christianity tries to play off as accurate.....

Please pay attention, because I will expect you to refute them with your so-called "Christian logic".....let's begin.....

Christianity fails:
- it doesn't believe in all of what Jesus taught
- because it thinks it is required to believe in a "God" or Jesus to be saved.
- because it promotes Jesus as "God", when Jesus never called himself "God"
- because it thinks fallible men didn't write the Bible - thus fallible men are in error, thus the Bible is in error.
- because the Bible has two creation stories - that is a lie in itself.
- because If "God" was omnipresent or omniscient - "He" wouldn't have to ask questions, "He'd" already know.

Christianity is a failed experiment that modern humans are realizing now, that it was a deceptive act to get people under control and thinking the same for control.

I refuse to have men tell me how to believe, when I've found out that their belief are just half of the story.

I'll wait for you to show me I'm incorrect.
michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508464 Jan 24, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to argue with numbers. It's much easier to say, "Boo, Catholics! Priests, yuck! Ratzinger, guity!" But folks who do that are lazy or ignorant at best, or at worst, something far worse: they are telling children who are exploited and abused by imams, protestant ministers, rabbis, librarians, pediatricians, swimming coaches, and Starbucks supervisors, "Your suffering isn't useful to me. Get back to me when you've been molested by a priest. Now that's a story."
you are just another catholic apologist.

GOOGLE. Minnesota catholic abuse, GOOGLE Chicago diocese abuse, GOOGLE priest NewJersey abuse, read all about them

GOOGLE any state in america priest abuse, read about them.

Help clean up your own mud before throwing mud at others. You are part of the problem, start being responsible and start demanding answers from your own leaders.

michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508465 Jan 24, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Benedict was the church CEO. He should have known years ago what was going on in Minnesota, Chicago, Dublin Germany etc. He claimed he knew nothing. He did the right thing and resigned to live with his boyfriend bishop.
GOOGLE. Pope Benedict bishop boyfriend.....READ ALL ABOUT HIM.
You won't because you are afraid what you will learn.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#508466 Jan 24, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you do when other religions have diiferent teachings and moral standards than you? Remember chrsitianity is not the world standard. Christianity makes up only 23% of the world population and most christians don't practice their faith as required.
Good old common sense. It always works for me.
nice dodge...my question had nothing to do with Christianity.

You run your cake hole all day and now you got nothing?
michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508467 Jan 24, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Prosecuted to the full extent of the law of course.....I've only said that about a hundred time over the course of a few years here.
Oh, but wait, you also want to know what I'm doing personally. Not really any of your business. Oh, but wait, I should also be like you and abandon the Church and my faith in God. Probably to help you justify your own actions. Don't forget, we all know you left the Church long before you even knew there were issues.
I know you want to be pals Mike, but you obsession is a bit frightening ...thanks, but no thanks...
Yes, I did leave the church before these current issues came about. That is no secret. Millions of catholics, protestants have left their faith for their own personal reasons.

When the messes in your church are cleaned up, I will be the first to say BRAVO, but it seems every week more skeletons come flying our of the closet.

How can you honestly say god would be affiliated with your church with all that has currently been exposed?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#508468 Jan 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I am being serious and not disrespectful to you.
I never pray. I figure things out myself.
.... For my entire life, everything seems to go my way. I always take the right fork in the road, I have made sound investment decisions. My health is perfect, never used illegal drugs, don't abuse alcohol, drive within the speed limit, I have a loving family and grand children and a dog and everyone is top notch with no problems to report.
I have a very positive outlook on life. I whistle a tune when I walk. How many christians can claim they have lived the life I have considering the 10s of thousands of hours they have spent praying wanting something, or something to change, because things don't go right for them?
I am very fortunate, and I am grateful.......
Christians pray. Not only for help and things but to thank Him for who He is and all He has done. Do you suppose you chose the right fork in the road, made sound investment decisions, have perfect health, never used illegal drugs, didn't abuse alcohol, drive within the speed limit, have a loving family, have loving grand children, a dog and everyone is top notch with no problems because you are so wonderful and smart? Really? You need get over your wonderful self. Humble yourself and thank the God who created you for providing all of what you have now and will ever have in the future. No Christian I have ever met believes they have done it ALL on their own. If you believe you have done it all on your own then you don't need God....evidently you are God.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#508469 Jan 24, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
you are just another catholic apologist.
GOOGLE. Minnesota catholic abuse, GOOGLE Chicago diocese abuse, GOOGLE priest NewJersey abuse, read all about them
GOOGLE any state in america priest abuse, read about them.
Help clean up your own mud before throwing mud at others. You are part of the problem, start being responsible and start demanding answers from your own leaders.
..."Your suffering isn't useful to me. Get back to me when you've been molested by a priest. Now that's a story."
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/simcha-fisher/ ...

You're a phony, with a following of phonies just like yourself. The most helpful thing all of you can do for abuse victims is to climb down off their shoulders and stop using them to further your agenda of bigotry. But, hey, that's what you do!

michael

Hamilton, Canada

#508470 Jan 24, 2014
Where is June? Its been almost 4 minutes since she last posted. I hope she is OK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 8 min dollarsbill 83,961
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Cultastic 9,038
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 12 hr swedenforever 37
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Sat YaWay 173
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
More from around the web