Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679242 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#508681 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are not preaching about Protestant ministers' molestations???
Did you forget something ... on purpose???
Whats the title of this forum? That's your answer.....

Location hidden

#508682 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a nasty habit of pointing outward at perceived SINNERS ... and your self as having your sins deadened by a belief that a savior has done your work for you.
It's a very nasty Christian HABIT!
And you have a nasty habit of shooting your mouth off and making no sense.

Location hidden

#508683 Jan 25, 2014

Location hidden

#508684 Jan 25, 2014
That's for you June
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508685 Jan 25, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Whats the title of this forum? That's your answer.....
Not sure if you've ever read this. I hope you and Nick would take a moment. The Orthodox say essentially the same thing about your Church.

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508686 Jan 25, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Which Church Fathers? Those Church Fathers happen to be YOUR Church Fathers also...
wrong...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#508687 Jan 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know the gospel of Christ? We've never heard it? It's all made up?
Please tell us what the gospel of Christ is. Please preach the TRUE word of God.
Time to put your money where your mouth is.
Anthony,

Gospel of Christ....GOOD NEWS....

Good news about what?

The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....

Christ needs followers to communicate the good news because it results in everlasting life.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#508688 Jan 25, 2014
The Gospel of Christ....

Facts to believe.....

Commands to obey.....

Promises to receive.....

All in Christ Jesus....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#508689 Jan 25, 2014
Can we understand why "The Gospel Of Christ" is "good news.....?"
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508690 Jan 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony,
Gospel of Christ....GOOD NEWS....
Good news about what?
The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....
Christ needs followers to communicate the good news because it results in everlasting life.
Thanks Hank. I'm asking LTM (I think she disappeared) to tell us the TRUE Gospel as she says Catholics have never heard it and presumably she has. BTW, she thinks you as a coc member, hasn't heard it either.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#508691 Jan 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
If you want to end religion, make your debater/arguer, take your side in the debate!
I have, and at one time you also agreed with me (when you were for a brief time an Atheist.)

Now you take the side of Catholicism being a heavenly idea, and I take the side of no religion being a good idea.

You are no longer debating on my side of the issue that religion is based on fear, as once was your "calling."

:)

Prince George, Canada

#508692 Jan 25, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Whats the title of this forum? That's your answer.....
The Catholics are here to defend Catholicism, and you are here to revile against Catholicism and defend Protestantism.

That's YOUR answer.

My reason for being here, is, to defend my idea that all religion is trouble-making nonsensical gibberish.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508693 Jan 25, 2014
More nastiness for LTM from St. Justin Martyr, one of the NASTY BOYS in the early Church who was taught by the apostles.

"And we afterwards continually remind each other of these things. And the wealthy among us help the needy; and we always keep together; and for all things wherewith we are supplied, we bless the Maker of all through His Son Jesus Christ, and through the Holy Ghost. And on the day called Sunday, ALL WHO LIVE IN CITIES OR IN THE COUNTRY GATHER TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits; then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs, and exhorts to the imitation of these good things. Then we all rise together and pray, and, as we before said, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought, and the president in like manner offers prayers and thanksgivings, according to his ability, and the people assent, saying Amen; and there is a distribution to each, and a participation of that over which thanks have been given, and to those who are absent a portion is sent by the deacons. And they who are well to do, and willing, give what each thinks fit; and what is collected is deposited with the president, who succours the orphans and widows and those who, through sickness or any other cause, are in want, and those who are in bonds and the strangers sojourning among us, and in a word takes care of all who are in need. But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Saviour on the same day rose from the dead. For He was crucified on the day before that of Saturn (Saturday); and on the day after that of Saturn, which is the day of the Sun, having appeared to His apostles and disciples, He taught them these things, which we have submitted to you also for your consideration."

(NOT INDIVIDUAL GATHERINGS OF CHRISTIANS IN HOME CHURCHES)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#508694 Jan 25, 2014
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

Prince George, Canada

#508695 Jan 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Its interesting that the commoners must get along with each other, while the elites live in ivory towers with their entourage.
You are just one of us greedy members of the human race Robert. And the fact that you feel a need to belong to a religion that is as haughty as it gets in its claims of being special to a god, makes it plain that you like to rub shoulders with the elite ... and NOT with those you perceive as "commoners."

I suggest from what you have posted that if you were handed the position of pope, you would step right into the role as it being worthy of your full attention, and that you would have no problem whatsoever with being waited on hand and foot by servants that come to you at your beck and call.
michael

Canada

#508696 Jan 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And had you slipped into (for instance) severe drug addiction and lost your job, you could have been one of the criminals.
It can and does happen just that easy and just that fast.
It doesn't to brag.
Do you hang around with druggies?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508697 Jan 25, 2014
"The open, obvious, democratic thing is to believe an old apple-woman when she bears testimony to a miracle, just as you believe an old apple-woman when she bears testimony to a murder. The plain, popular course is to trust the peasant’s word about the ghost exactly as far as you trust the peasant’s word about the landlord. Being a peasant he will probably have a great deal of healthy agnosticism about both. Still you could fill the British Museum with evidence uttered by the peasant, and given in favour of the ghost. If it comes to human testimony there is a choking cataract of human testimony in favour of the supernatural. If you reject it, you can only mean one of two things. You reject the peasant’s story about the ghost either because the man is a peasant or because the story is a ghost story. That is, you either deny the main principle of democracy, or you affirm the main principle of materialism—the abstract impossibility of miracle. You have a perfect right to do so; but in that case you are the dogmatist. It is we Christians who accept all actual evidence—it is you rationalists who refuse actual evidence being constrained to do so by your creed. But I am not constrained by any creed in the matter, and looking impartially into certain miracles of mediaeval and modern times, I have come to the conclusion that they occurred. All argument against these plain facts is always argument in a circle. If I say,“Mediaeval documents attest certain miracles as much as they attest certain battles,” they answer,“But mediaevals were superstitious”; if I want to know in what they were superstitious, the only ultimate answer is that they believed in the miracles. If I say “a peasant saw a ghost,” I am told,“But peasants are so credulous.” If I ask,“Why credulous?” the only answer is—that they see ghosts. Iceland is impossible because only stupid sailors have seen it; and the sailors are only stupid because they say they have seen Iceland."

G.K. Chesterton

Prince George, Canada

#508698 Jan 25, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> And you have a nasty habit of shooting your mouth off and making no sense.
As are you, I am here to shoot my mouth off. If I agreed with you and your Protestant persuasion, you wouldn't be nasty to me ... and you KNOW that is true.

You would be sucking up to me with compliments galore in the notion of how wise I would be for perceiving as YOU perceive.
michael

Canada

#508699 Jan 25, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Because its more about keeping the honor of the so called True Church rather the suffering of the victims...
EXACTLY!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#508700 Jan 25, 2014
marge wrote:
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
We believe "you" are one of the "they".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 5 hr Eric 4
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... 6 hr nanoanomaly 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr Jasonville 84,711
News What is up with that strange photo of President... 12 hr Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... Fri BB Board 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 24 Apostolic of anot... 10,545
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web