Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646943 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#508352 Jan 24, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Although Catholic priests may be getting the most publicity about allegations of sexual abuse of minors, they are far from the only clergy guilty of such misconduct, according to a professor of history and religious studies at Pennsylvania State University.
"You name me a denomination and I'll give you a case," Philip Jenkins told The Catholic Standard & Times, Philadelphia archdiocesan newspaper. "Some (denominations) with huge problems include Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Buddhists, Jews, Baptists, Pentecostals, Episcopalians -- you name them."
One of the most extreme cases of clergy sex abuse in U.S. history involved a Pentecostal minister named Tony Leyva, who molested several hundred boys in the 1980s, Jenkins said. But few Americans have heard of Leyva, he added, while some molesters who are former Catholic priests have become household names.
The "pedophile priests" phrase "defines the issue and makes it far more limited than it really is," he added. "In fact, most of the clergy who misbehave are not priests.
"My view is there is no evidence that Catholic clergy offend at a higher or lower rate than other clergy or than nonclergy that deal with children," Jenkins said. "There's no evidence either way. If somebody says,'Well, it's obvious, they do,' I say,'Fine, give me the evidence,' and the evidence isn't there."
Patricia Kelly of Kelly Counseling and Consulting in Glen Mills, Pa., agrees that other denominations have at least as high an incidence of sexual misconduct problems as the Catholic Church.
A number of years ago, Kelly said, she participated in a treatment program for clergy with sex abuse problems. "Most of the clergy that were there were not Catholic clergy," she said. "They were Protestant clergy. Most clergy that abuse are ministers, but the (Catholic) Church is sexy. It sells papers."
http://www.jknirp.com/jenkins3.htm
----------
ROTFLOL...
KayMarie
HERE IS,THE DIFFERENCE ...AND ITS,HORRIBLE IN ANY CHURCH OR ELSE WHERE .

AT LEAST IN MY GENERATION.

WE WERE TAUGHT ...That once we were raised CATHOLIC we we COUKD not attend ..let alone join any OTHER CHURCH ...ever because we had the GIFT OF THE TRUE FAITH !!!!!

Now,if I was,a,Protestant in a,Church that molested someone I know,I'D leave it and call the cops,..

Catholics,..AT LEAST those who learned as,i did....we're,afraid to leave ...for their soul sake,...

AND THAT'S,THE TRUTH ...AND MAIN REASON Ibwoukd NOT raise my child CATHOLic..

It's,up to her to CHOOSE which CHURCH to worship at.....the main thing I NOW,KNOW,is,belief in Jesus,is,more important .

The real GIFT IS,GRACE through which I have faith given by GOD to all who seek HIM .....not which CHURCH in was,promised into at birth .

No abuse in any venue SHOUKD be tolerated .
I know,the Catholics here take a,rap for this,and they are NOT responsible ..But the idea that ...well other Churches,at e guilty too.....Make a,one case,better than another is,gross
And disgusting..

ITS,ALL BAD ...one case,...one child's,Faith taken away ....worst possible sin to hurt a child as,Jesus,said it would be better to have a,millstone around the neck......
And any CHRISTIAN knows,this..CLERGY KNOW,IT FOR SURE ...EVIL ....And the CHURCH HIERARCHY should've protect ed their flocks...period .

They did not .....GOD KEEP FUTURE GENERATIONS SAFER ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508353 Jan 24, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> sorry I don't click on links that I don't know
Same trolls,different days,...good idea,...
truth

Perth, Australia

#508354 Jan 24, 2014
i just listen radio mary in my contry
yee
they express wish for prayers

oh
one of them say
please tell prayers for my mother she is now in nursing home but have stroke..

From center head of mind toward right ear i fill that hand!

When she start speak over computer i see stripe going over other side
clock of her life going for good by!
She speak truth.
truth

Perth, Australia

#508355 Jan 24, 2014
She going died.
She speak truth.
I will pray for her.
Who ever need your Mercy dear God!

Others still speaking but I don't fill nothing.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#508356 Jan 24, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe god is all powerful, and all loving, and head
of the catholic church who taught morality and justice than you believe god could have stopped innocent children from being harmed at the Hands of men who claim to be representatives of god.
The catholic church is not the one true church.
The CHURCH is,the bride of Christ ..the body of believers,..not any one DENOMINATION..

I was speaking to YOU of a,Father who gave His,Only Sin yo die for us,and for each horrid sin committed ...

These awful.Ken will face Him..Christ gave a,warning for all who hurt children...

BUT YOU..your soul..that's,up to you and Christ ...don't let these awful men...who betrayed GOD ..betrayed the Children in their care ..turn YOU from.Christ who DIED for you ....that's,what I'm saying ...not that you SHOULD go to a,Catholic Church .

Pray to Jesus,.have a,relationship with H I m. He is,there ..every where ...And we WILL meet Him when we pass from this,life .

You are angry at men...And you are giving their EVIL a VICTORY by turning from God ...which is the,plan of the Evil One ..to turn us from Our Saviuir .Pray in Jesus,name not in the name of ANY CHURCH ...to heal your hardcover this.
truth

Perth, Australia

#508357 Jan 24, 2014
I just put one candle for this sick mother.
truth

Perth, Australia

#508358 Jan 24, 2014
Who ever need Mercy dear God.
Trough computer going as light over screen as you see that o'clock ticking..its come from my center head=mind toward right side ear and right side of my arm.
I fill her daughter please with heart prayers.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#508359 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good one Robert.
Now ... if you would only see the humor in the idea that a god that once loved only the Jews is now salivating to take you to a Christian heaven ... you would really have a good laugh at your own stupidity.
June

Peace

Stupid is as stupid does,(Forest Gump)

Stupid men, listened to their stupid wives and did what they wanted, and the first man did the stupid thing, and ate the Apple in the Garden of Eden. So its all women's fault things got so stupid in the first place.

So quit complaining woman, that things are so messed up and stupid! Its all your fault!!

(misogynist satire)

Peace
truth

Perth, Australia

#508360 Jan 24, 2014
To give yourself on Cross is so special for others, pray for conversion of others its very hard converted someone.

My father have only holy day its Holy Cross.

Location hidden

#508361 Jan 24, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
There is something wrong with someone who continues to make sick excuses for individuals who should be in jail for the harm they have done and willfully covered it up from you and others for decades. The ones you continue to pay their salaries and benefits for.
I stand up for victims of crime. What is wrong with that? You continue to be an apologist for the criminals who committed these crimes of coverup, lies and deceit. That makes you just as complicit as them.
The roman catholic therefore is not the one true church.
Michael

Peace

You are correct.

Illegal and immoral acts supported by beneficiaries, as well as those who actually did the acts should be prosecuted. Now!

So, here in the U.S., all jails need to be emptied, and all government officials, their cronies, special interest bribery beneficiaries, should be put in the jails.(I have little doubt the same is true in Canada.)

I think, as does June that you have a monomania concerning the RCC. And you feel that taking on the "big guy" makes you feel bigger. But the point I am trying to make is that corruption and pollution of the law and morals is everywhere.

It is not an excuse to give up and walk away(as you seem to have done), and yell from outside to those inside the RCC to clean up the mess. If you want it cleaned up, go back and do it yourself!

In the opposite view of course, it is quite acceptable to throw one's hands up and say it is beyond correcting, and just walk away, and let the whole thing rot away from within....

So there is a conflict within what you say and do....

Peace
truth

Perth, Australia

#508362 Jan 24, 2014
this one have sweet nice voice yee clear..koji je za nas trnjem okrunjen bio=crown mind..yee its going from canter mind of head toward right ear and right arm..

she have sweet vooice voice clear=heart prayers

Location hidden

#508363 Jan 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
HERE IS,THE DIFFERENCE ...AND ITS,HORRIBLE IN ANY CHURCH OR ELSE WHERE .
AT LEAST IN MY GENERATION.
WE WERE TAUGHT ...That once we were raised CATHOLIC we we COUKD not attend ..let alone join any OTHER CHURCH ...ever because we had the GIFT OF THE TRUE FAITH !!!!!
Now,if I was,a,Protestant in a,Church that molested someone I know,I'D leave it and call the cops,..
Catholics,..AT LEAST those who learned as,i did....we're,afraid to leave ...for their soul sake,...
AND THAT'S,THE TRUTH ...AND MAIN REASON Ibwoukd NOT raise my child CATHOLic..
It's,up to her to CHOOSE which CHURCH to worship at.....the main thing I NOW,KNOW,is,belief in Jesus,is,more important .
The real GIFT IS,GRACE through which I have faith given by GOD to all who seek HIM .....not which CHURCH in was,promised into at birth .
No abuse in any venue SHOUKD be tolerated .
I know,the Catholics here take a,rap for this,and they are NOT responsible ..But the idea that ...well other Churches,at e guilty too.....Make a,one case,better than another is,gross
And disgusting..
ITS,ALL BAD ...one case,...one child's,Faith taken away ....worst possible sin to hurt a child as,Jesus,said it would be better to have a,millstone around the neck......
And any CHRISTIAN knows,this..CLERGY KNOW,IT FOR SURE ...EVIL ....And the CHURCH HIERARCHY should've protect ed their flocks...period .
They did not .....GOD KEEP FUTURE GENERATIONS SAFER ...
RoSezs

Peace

Here is the problem as I see it. When a Christian yields their personal relationship between themselves and God, and allows any other persons between that relationship, there is going to be trouble....That includes Catholics and Protestants. It is sort of part of most cultures to have a "leader" and "followers". So government is even now more notorious for its abuse of its people by its leaders and their beneficiaries....

In a sense, I do not see the need for any large scale group of Christians to be herded by some person or persons, to which abuse is almost a guarantee....

A Christian parent is more responsible in raising their children and that responsibility should not be put on others including the worship centers and its "teachers".

Perhaps I am being a bit skeptical in my view here, perhaps a bit more so than in the past, but that may be to an accumulation of such a consistently bad report concerning all the world....

Peace
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#508364 Jan 24, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no problem individually naming ofenders in other beliefs but you become an instant apologist of your own church leaders. Why not name the bishops Anthony in st Paul and Chicago and tells us of their failings?
You won't because your afraid.
Who cares catholic/protestant put all the coverup artists In jail. They are the ones who really caused these problems the bishops and the knowing non offending clergy who willfully, and intentionally kept these disgusting sins SECRET......for years, and none of them ever called 911 to report any of these rapes.
Unbelievable
Therefore the catholic church is not the one true church.
You have no standards or morals so how do you judge what is right and wrong?
truth

Perth, Australia

#508365 Jan 24, 2014
generations what others build you try recover over night and say please peace be with you..

roots is deep then you think
you know but you try blame others..
what ever leaders build up how ordinary people can be responsible..

be good
pray for remove demonic possession as you know who send that

love your neighbors who never pray for you but try ruin every second your life as could..
by my lovly friends
truth

Perth, Australia

#508366 Jan 24, 2014
This poem is now so beautiful!
Thanks to God!
Roses!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#508367 Jan 24, 2014
ljiljanov cvijet
poem
very nice

its going pool everything from you pray

see i been in cathedral
from that side where priest come i see black energy as black bird going toward me but not come
from other side where i sit on side where cross stay jesus meet mother its coming light
yee

see deference
still i can make argument with someone even love-ones if you not correct
its pool me toward correction
i can find out who pray one died or divorce within church see who send demonic black side
see its stay even within church

ye

but i pray
god always hear prayers as well who make argument too

who send that demonic toward good people you can find by tourself even when others try oppose you

Location hidden

#508368 Jan 24, 2014
truth wrote:
generations what others build you try recover over night and say please peace be with you..
roots is deep then you think
you know but you try blame others..
what ever leaders build up how ordinary people can be responsible..
be good
pray for remove demonic possession as you know who send that
love your neighbors who never pray for you but try ruin every second your life as could..
by my lovly friends
truth

Peace

Demons be gone.

Clean the empty house.

Enter and remain in goodness.

Keep cleaning the house....

Peace
truth

Perth, Australia

#508369 Jan 24, 2014
pray that you can sleep over night that others not deeply hurt
[pray front of Cross
god will revil who they are
maybe they will fall over that you can discover who they are come as night mare
its great experience
that you can know roots of evil from your neighbors and your friends..

reason is reason
pray for great conversion and purity that god with cross can revile your very bad wishers..
truth

Perth, Australia

#508370 Jan 24, 2014
pray front of cross
that god can revil demonic attackers
god will revil who do that to your love-one

i see one lady she deadly smile
o yee
she try ruin as she could
but god revil her to me that i can see who is she is

very sad see her in church as lips pretender but never converted
noooooooooooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#508371 Jan 24, 2014
you are wrong

body is temple
not house

see when attackers come people who pray can revile them who they are

o yeeeeeeeeeeee

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 7 hr South Knox Hombre 7
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 28 Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web