Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703817 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#508389 Jan 24, 2014
Sorry I spelled approach wrong Michael
Michael

Canada

#508390 Jan 24, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no standards or morals so how do you judge what is right and wrong?
If you don't know the difference between right and wrong you have a serious problem.

You mean the church leaders who lied, covered up sin and crimes HAVE NO moral standards.

The church leaders who belong to an organization that is SUPPOSE to be ADVOCATES for MORALS and STANDARDS.

Chicago diocese abuse scandal.

Below read the whole story!

http://www.claimsjournal.com/news/midwest/201...

......The disclosures involving 30 priests were made as part of legal settlements with abuse victims, and are similar to disclosures made in other dioceses in the U.S. in recent years that showed ( how the Roman Catholic Church shielded priests and failed for many years to report child sex abuse to authorities)

Every diocese involved with abusive clergy systematically did exactly the same thing. Someone in the hirearchy was pulling all the strings and making the same decisions.

BUSTED!

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#508391 Jan 24, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the problem as I see it. When a Christian yields their personal relationship between themselves and God, and allows any other persons between that relationship, there is going to be trouble....
History proved that when one devout religious believer insulted the imaginary deity of another devout religious believer ... there was always trouble ... and nothing has changed.

The burning of the Qur'an by a nutcase Christian was all it took to start riots and more bloodshed.

Religion is the cause of such problems ... and religion has never been a solution to create peace ... NEVER!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#508392 Jan 24, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
truth
Peace
Demons be gone.
Clean the empty house.
Enter and remain in goodness.
Keep cleaning the house....
Peace
How silly!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#508393 Jan 24, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you read and comprehend anything at all?
I TOLD you that I have no idea, and can NOT hypothesize on it as I have no concrete evidence concerning it and neither does anyone else as far as I can tell.
Now that's pretty damned direct and to the point isn't it? If you can not understand that simple statement, you really are dumber than a box of rocks.
YOU are the one posting unfounded theories(and you don't even use the word correctly), who blows BS all over the place without ever doing a pencil blot of research about your rhetoric, while pointing your finger at everyone else accusing them of exactly what you are consistently guilty of doing yourself.
Don't try to put words in my mouth bozo ...stick to just blowing your bicycle horn and skipping around in circles. It's more fitting for your show.
LOL WAIT WAIT LOL that was so funny....then she could get in her clown car and drive off..LOL
Michael

Canada

#508394 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All I suggest is that you be fair in your perspective ... and from what I assess, you are anything BUT fair.
what does fairness have to do about anything?. Were talking on a catholic topix forum. Were talking about victims, not who has the most media coverage.

You want to report other religious leaders who have done the same thing, you have a right to do that. I have a right to post what I want and if you don't want to read it you have that right.

Bottom line is that religious leaders are far from being advocates for morality and justice. Christianity stakes their claim on that. Its obvious there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know about and it ain't pretty.

Show me a city where 30-50 protestant ministers have been charged? I can show you dozens of american cities where clusters of priests have been charged.

there are more protestant ministers in any given city than catholic priests.

155 million protestants, 68 million catholics........in america do the math.

Michael

Canada

#508395 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be an Atheist, and I have been writing about what I perceive is the nonsense in all religions, and you had no problem with that issue until now, when you want to target only Catholics for cover-ups.
I won't be chased off this thread by an Atheist or by the Catholics or Protestants ... so I suggest you get used to differences of opinions, even when they differ with your opinions.
you have your opinion, report what you want. I give my opinion like it or not.

Location hidden

#508396 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather believe that my genetic roots came from a gorilla than from a creator that intentionally went ahead with such a horrific plan that is totally bankrupt of mercy.
To believe in a creator is to believe that the creator sits back in its easy chair and watches as every form of life suffers horrible pain.
Religion is about as stupid as it gets.
If no better explanation is available, I am quite satisfied to do without any "explanation" whatsoever.
make sure you pack some banana"s in your clown car....LOL
Michael

Canada

#508397 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not the children that reported the molesters. It was the adults that had been molested AS children that finally blew the whistle.
And now more and more molesters in other religious organizations are being reported, and will be imprisoned.
Soon the prisons will be full of old molesters, and new men and women on the outside will still be molesting.
Human nature will not change ... prisons or no prisons ... religion or no religion.
every one in prison is one less to offend. Round them all up. I will pay my share for more prisons.

lets keep everyone safe, as it should be especially the vulnerable.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#508398 Jan 24, 2014
At least the extinction of the dinosaurs couldn't be blamed on human sin.

That catastrophe was caused by God's sin!

tongue in cheek

Location hidden

#508399 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be an Atheist, and I have been writing about what I perceive is the nonsense in all religions, and you had no problem with that issue until now, when you want to target only Catholics for cover-ups.
I won't be chased off this thread by an Atheist or by the Catholics or Protestants ... so I suggest you get used to differences of opinions, even when they differ with your opinions.
How about an Orthodox LOL
truth

Perth, Australia

#508400 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#508401 Jan 24, 2014
To laugh at the self is "cleansing" medicine.

As an example ... when I left the last remaining bits of my religion behind, I said to my self ... "You were such an idiot for ever believing that a deity would prefer your company over the company of a squirrel."

Now that, to me ... was humorous.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#508402 Jan 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
you have your opinion, report what you want. I give my opinion like it or not.
I simply suggested that you be fair and stop targeting only Catholics as covering up molestations.

But I realize it's your right to keep on your beaten path.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#508403 Jan 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
what does fairness have to do about anything?
I'm amazed that you have a need to ask that question.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#508404 Jan 24, 2014
Fear of the unknown created religion. And it is still fear of the unknown that keeps religion alive and unwell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

On the program "Meteorite Hunters," it showed a place in Australia that read "Henbury Meteorite Craters." The man explained that the spot was referred to as "A resting place for devils."

No doubt, the ancient people, not understanding the "nature" of meteorites would have perceived the natural phenomenon as frightening and therefore "evil."

Location hidden

#508405 Jan 24, 2014
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way off topic. Stay focused. The topix is the roman catholic church one true church. I say no and I give my reasons why.
If you want to discuss protestants than go to their forum where I am sure they are waiting for you to post about their issues.
I agree with you and I also say NO Way Jose...common sense tells us this but then again most people have no common sense...

Location hidden

#508406 Jan 24, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply suggested that you be fair and stop targeting only Catholics as covering up molestations.
But I realize it's your right to keep on your beaten path.
the connect here is a church claiming to be the TRUE CHURCH that CHIRST started and its molestations being performed in this so call TRUE CHURCH. When you make a claim like that be expected to be attacked...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#508407 Jan 24, 2014
[who="Tony17" <quoted text> This entity that God is speaking to in this chapter is none other that Satan and those that say it's not then the following verse from Gods word calls you a liar
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
As you can see God calls this King of Tyre the ANOINTED CHERUB that covereth. Are you that lame brained in Gods word to think that God wouyld call a mere mortal man a Cheub if he wasn't a Cherub.
Now do I really need to give a lesson on what a Cherub is? Really?
I'm starting to think you so called Christians have no idea what a Cherub is or that Satan was a Cherub before he fell.
Why am I not amazed at the level of Biblical Illiteracy on this forum?

----------
If you were so smart, you would understand your own words: Satan WAS...***BEFORE*** HE FELL!

He wasn't the Rock, then, either...

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#508408 Jan 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
every one in prison is one less to offend. Round them all up. I will pay my share for more prisons.
lets keep everyone safe, as it should be especially the vulnerable.
The death penalty never ended murder, and prison will not end molestation.

You are as much a dreamer as are those in religion.

Human nature is based on carnal pleasures, and nothing aside from human extinction will make a change for the better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May '18 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1