Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679396 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#507288 Jan 19, 2014
The Choice To Save Mothers and Babies
January 31, 2012 By Tony Rossi

In 1981, Kathy DiFiore reached a defining moment in her life. The NYU graduate with an MBA and a successful career as a Wall Street executive was feeling spiritually unfulfilled. Raised in a Catholic family, Kathy was especially influenced by her grandmother who always taught her to keep Jesus at the center of her life.

One day, Kathy asked for God’s guidance while praying the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi (“Lord, make me an instrument of your peace…”). She felt inspired to learn more about the saint’s life, and discovered that he took Jesus’s words and the call to live them out very seriously – feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, shelter the homeless. As Kathy recalled to me on Christopher Closeup,“It motivated me to do something unique.”
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christophers/201...
hojo

Chaska, MN

#507289 Jan 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
It's Sunday ... and it's plain that the Catholics and Protestants believe they are re-generated, and are ready for another fight about which ones the creator loves and which ones will be rejected.
I suggest that you be prepared for the Sunday advent.
:)
You continue to be "wrong" about everything June. which is no surprise to ANY of us Catholics. The only ones on this forum who "itching for fight" are 1.) Protestants,2.) atheists and 3.)agnostics (like yourself) who are a group of "frustrated and agitated" Prodigal sons and daughters who have "turned their back" on the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic (Unversal-Catholic) Church and over 2000 years of "proven, confirmed and authenticated Church History All three of these group just continue to "run around in circles" like a bunch of chickens with their "heads cut off" burger flipping bible verses, inciting arguemnets and disgreeing with each other, quoting (or better yet) misquoting sacred scripture and editorializing church history and "angerly" personal opinionizing whatever "pops into their confused, chaotic, perplexed and discombobulated minds which is the basis of their daily lives. The fact is that "there is nothing to argue about, nothing to discuss, and nothing to debate which is a total waste of time to ANY of us Catholics. The TRUTH has, is and will (always) be firmly grounded and established (as it has for over 2000 years) in Jesus Christ, which is manifested "in and through" HIS One and (only one true) Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#507290 Jan 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you shouldn't preach that you DO love your enemies ... just because it's the "Christian" thing to do.
"Hate the sin ... love the sinner" is a Christian LESSON of absolute double-talk.
The loving lesson was ... "Love the sinners, but burn them at the stake while you are busy loving them."
I never preached that.....why would I preach something that I can not do myself....I personally never preached that..

Location hidden

#507291 Jan 19, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> Then I guess you shouldn't call yourself a Christian, right? Weren't you taught to see Christ in everyone? I guess not.
And do you see Christ when you use the filthy mouth of yours?? I guess your not the Christian either...

Location hidden

#507292 Jan 19, 2014
Happy Birthday NIck!!!! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART!!

Location hidden

#507293 Jan 19, 2014
gotta go companies here...
hojo

Chaska, MN

#507294 Jan 19, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Where have you been? We missed your broken record. Welcome back...
At daily Mass, the Eucharist,(with) the True Interpretation of the Bible, the Adorations Prayer Chapel , the Sacraments and over 2000 years of the TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church...... Arguments, discussing, debates and deliberation with Protestants, atheists, agnostics and other (anti-Catholics) regarding the (true) bible interpretation and over 2000 years of (true) Church History is a "total waste and complete waste of my time"! Only God can change the hearts and the minds of "make-it-up' as they go along Protestant fundies and Only God can reveal the TRUTH to those who reject and contradict His biblical TRUTHS which have not changed for over 2000 years that He inititated,established and formulated in Matthew 16:13-21 which is manifested in His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!
hojo

Chaska, MN

#507295 Jan 19, 2014
Sunday, January 19, 2014
St. Fabian
(c. 250)

Fabian was a Roman layman who came into the city from his farm one day as clergy and people were preparing to elect a new pope. Eusebius, a Church historian, says a dove flew in and settled on the head of Fabian. This sign united the votes of clergy and laity, and he was chosen unanimously.
He led the heirarchical and authoritative Church for 14 years and died a martyr’s death during the persecution of Decius in 250 A.D.. St. Cyprian wrote to his successor that Fabian was an “incomparable” man whose glory in death matched the holiness and purity of his life.

In the catacombs of St. Callistus, the stone that covered Fabian’s grave may still be seen, broken into four pieces, bearing the Greek words,“Fabian, bishop, martyr.”

Comment:
We can go confidently into the future and accept the change that growth demands only if we have firm roots in the past, in a living tradition. A few pieces of stone in Rome are a reminder to us that we are bearers of more than 20 centuries of a living tradition of faith and courage in living the life of Christ and showing it to the world. We have brothers and sisters who have “gone before us with the sign of faith,” as the First Eucharistic Prayer puts it, to light the way for us.

Quote:
“The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church”(Tertullian).
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#507296 Jan 19, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No sociopathic narcissist can or will ever consider that an option, as it would rob them of the kings robe.
I disagree. The are many sociopathic narcissists who are religious.

I can think of a few who might fit that description and who were famous TV preachers.

The fact that June stirs so much emotion and anger speaks to a larger truth.

Ramen

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#507297 Jan 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
But we are all God's children. Some are more obedient than others.
You are lying through your teeth scripture says so,,,,I showed it to you:Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
To call these children the children of God is calling God the devil, a murderer, and that he cannot tell the truth..when he speaks...he is lying...
And you claim to be a Christian!!!!
Claude Monet

Morgantown, KY

#507298 Jan 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
EARLY CHRISTIANS - 2nd Century
"The primitive Christians did keep the Sabbath of the Jews;...therefore the Christians, for a long time together, did keep their conventions upon the Sabbath, in which some portions of the law were read: and this continued till the time of the Laodicean council." "The Whole Works" of Jeremy Taylor, Vol. IX,p. 416 (R. Heber's Edition, Vol XII, p. 416).
http://www.remnantofgod.org/sabhist.htm#2
Why you are very correct! I saw your comment on this forum and
I find your view on the subject very inspiring and quite refreshing.

You certainly a dimond in the ruff!

Location hidden

#507299 Jan 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are bizarre in your inability to comprehend English. Are you that incapable, or just that unwilling to converse reasonably?
Willing to learn. What do I not comprehend in English in my post.??? The reason I used the info is that it is truth and agree with it...what was I unwilling to converse reasonably with you.

Am old ears!!!!

Location hidden

#507300 Jan 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you to "...please tell us the fundamental message of the Bible as you see it?"
You're response is that the fundamental message of the Bible is that Christ is the head of the Church and the Pope is not. No Catholic will disagree with your assertion concerning the head of the Church. No Catholic will agree with your bizarre belief that that is the fundamental message of the Bible. Try again.
Glad to help:
There is no Scripture that supports: St. Peter, whom Christ made the chief of the Apostles..it teaches the exact opposite!!!

Quote: But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Scripture clearly teaches Christ is the head of the church.....not the poop...er....pope...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#507301 Jan 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You perceive that those who view religion as nothing but trouble are distressed and depressed???
Catholics killed all others who would not convert to Catholicism.
Now THAT from my perception is depressing, and "you'd better believe" that those on the receiving end of your pride and joy religion were distressed when they saw the Inquisitors coming towards them.
They knew they were going to have their tongues pulled out of their heads or be stretched until their bodies came to pieces, or be burned at the stake.
Smile at those thoughts Robert ... as you so full of happiness and such a nice guy ... according to YOU!!!
Sarcasm intended
June

Peace

You are astounding. Since it was not the Inquisition that implemented torture, but rather the secular governments, those facing the Inquisition welcomed their coming, as a relief.(Of course there are exceptions.)

Your trust in secular governments is astounding....

No wonder you are depressed. Hoping in a hopeless system of secular government....

Peace
Husker

Falls City, NE

#507302 Jan 19, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> And do you see Christ when you use the filthy mouth of yours?? I guess your not the Christian either...
There is a huge difference, when one uses language that YOU think is filthy, Christ still forgives. When you refuse to love one that you dislike for I don't know what reason, then you won't follow Christ' teachings and you won't follow or do what Christ wants, in ther words, if you don't love your enemies, you don't love Christ.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#507303 Jan 19, 2014
hojo wrote:
Sunday, January 19, 2014
St. Fabian
(c. 250)
Fabian was a Roman layman who came into the city from his farm one day as clergy and people were preparing to elect a new pope. Eusebius, a Church historian, says a dove flew in and settled on the head of Fabian. This sign united the votes of clergy and laity, and he was chosen unanimously.
He led the heirarchical and authoritative Church for 14 years and died a martyr’s death during the persecution of Decius in 250 A.D.. St. Cyprian wrote to his successor that Fabian was an “incomparable” man whose glory in death matched the holiness and purity of his life.
In the catacombs of St. Callistus, the stone that covered Fabian’s grave may still be seen, broken into four pieces, bearing the Greek words,“Fabian, bishop, martyr.”
Comment:
We can go confidently into the future and accept the change that growth demands only if we have firm roots in the past, in a living tradition. A few pieces of stone in Rome are a reminder to us that we are bearers of more than 20 centuries of a living tradition of faith and courage in living the life of Christ and showing it to the world. We have brothers and sisters who have “gone before us with the sign of faith,” as the First Eucharistic Prayer puts it, to light the way for us.
Quote:
“The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church”(Tertullian).
More Roman BOLOGNA!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#507304 Jan 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I think it's the Pope's mission to serve all of God's children by leading them to Christ. That is also the mission of the Bishops, Priests, Nuns, Sisters, Laity, and every member of Christ's Church.
Wrong. This pope's mission, and the mission of all the Roman pope's, is to make converts for satan and to date they have done a great job. When the Roman pope describes Jesus as a cracker to the lost and these lost souls are told if they eat Him they will be saved satan rejoices.

The mission of every child of God is not to serve. The mission of every child of God is to preach the Gospel of Good News to the lost so they can be saved.

Location hidden

#507305 Jan 19, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
What has this got to do with the fact that you were excommunicated from the Catholic Church for heresy?
You know zilch

When heresy is used today with reference to Christianity, it denotes the formal denial or doubt of a core doctrine of the Christian faith[1] as defined by one or more of the Christian churches.[2..

I not only denied the validity of several core doctrines of The Catholic faith from Scripture, I rubbed their noses in it years after I abandoned their pedophile cadre leading me to hell...

I was denied communion and so was my wife for the cause of the divorce..that had nothing to do with heresy...They ignored the Scripture that applied to our situation....thank God!!!!!

Location hidden

#507306 Jan 19, 2014
For those who call God a murderer....for those whose words say they believe God broke His own Commandment "Thou shalt do no murder"....

What Is Divine Judgment?

Divine judgment will be clearer, perhaps, if we think of it in terms of the justice of God. Both words are derived from the Latin jus, which means "right" or "law." A true judgment is passed when the decision reached is one that is right and just. We do not need to think of the judgments of God legalistically, as we do when a human judge instructs the jury in a court case; yet the judgments of God are directly related to the laws of God.

Likewise, we do not need to think of God’s punishment as vindictive, retributive, or retaliatory. Our human tendency is to think of justice as "getting even," as one small boy strikes another and the other strikes back, or as a supposedly mature individual or nation thinks it must give back to enemies either the treatment received or something more severe. This ancient idea of the lex talionis -- "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" -- was explicitly repudiated by Jesus. But it still persists in our society even when our better sentiments recoil from it.

How, then, is punishment justified? Our best analogy is the human family, although even this must, of course, fall short of the infinite love of God. The child who is always indulged and never punished becomes a "spoiled brat" and grows up with less strength of character than one who is firmly and justly disciplined. Brutal or arbitrary punishment will not do; loving and just punishment is a necessity for the fullest achievement of character.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#507307 Jan 19, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
Happy Birthday NIck!!!! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART!!
AhhAhh. Please,tell him Happy Birthday for me,!!!!

January and,February ..big birthday Mont h s, Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 8 hr barry 84,713
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Married in 10,548
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Sun Eric 9
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... Sat nanoanomaly 1
News What is up with that strange photo of President... May 27 Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... May 26 BB Board 1
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web