Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685696 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#507252 Jan 19, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Amen...please keep Nick in your prayers...
I will ..hope,all goes,well ..God bless,you both

Isn't it something ..SERIUISLY .

JESUS,said,when two or three gather to pray in H I S,name,.....And,here we,are,from all corners,of the globe on the internet praying together ...he,KNEW this was,our future,.

We,serve an awesome,God,...

I hope,others,here join in ..even if they don't post .

Please,keep me,in your prayers,this,week also ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#507253 Jan 19, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the pope is the only one that can lead someone to Christ?
Exactly ..though I'm not sure,He,is,saying that.

The,Holy Spirit uses,..people..books,..the internet even to speak to us,and call us,to the,SON..

no one can limit GOD .

I'm sure,Francis,DOES,call many to Christ...as,have many others,clergy and non clergy alike,..

Those who smuggle bibles,and pieces,of bib k esu,to underground churches in persecuted,lands,.
organizations,(some,now,IRS,ta rgets,...our OWN country..for shame,on us,) who preach God's,word,as THey deliver relief and,save,lives..in every disaster ...shO wing the,love of OUR SAVIOUR ...

Everyone who plants,a seed ...

Jesus,said the Father calls,those. To HIM......not just through one,religion...But through the guidance of the HOLY Spirit
YTube

Marietta, GA

#507254 Jan 19, 2014

The Day the LORD showed me ANTICHRIST ------

http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#507255 Jan 19, 2014
January 19, the Second Sunday in Ordinary Time, Mass Readings

Collect: Almighty ever-living God, who govern all things, both in heaven and on earth, mercifully hear the pleading of your people and bestow your peace on our times. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

The first reading is taken from the Book of the Prophet Isaiah 49:3, 5-6 and is the second of the "suffering servant" prophecies, found in Isaiah. These were prophecies uttered during the Babylonian exile to encourage the Jewish exiles to persevere in their trust in Yahweh, who would soon liberate them from Babylon, and eventually send them the long-expected Messiah, promised to Abraham.
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturg...

The LORD said to me: You are my servant,
Israel, through whom I show my glory.
Now the LORD has spoken
who formed me as his servant from the womb,
that Jacob may be brought back to him
and Israel gathered to him;
and I am made glorious in the sight of the LORD,
and my God is now my strength!
It is too little, the LORD says, for you to be my servant,
to raise up the tribes of Jacob,
and restore the survivors of Israel;
I will make you a light to the nations,
that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#507256 Jan 19, 2014
Responsorial Psalm ps 40:2, 4, 7-8, 8-9, 10

R/(8a and 9a) Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
I have waited, waited for the LORD,
and he stooped toward me and heard my cry.
And he put a new song into my mouth,
a hymn to our God.
R/ Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
Sacrifice or offering you wished not,
but ears open to obedience you gave me.
Holocausts or sin-offerings you sought not;
then said I,“Behold I come.”
R/ Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will.
“In the written scroll it is prescribed for me,
to do your will, O my God, is my delight,
and your law is within my heart!”
I announced your justice in the vast assembly;
I did not restrain my lips, as you, O LORD, know.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#507257 Jan 19, 2014
The second reading is from the first Letter of Saint Paul to the Corinthians 1:1-3. The opening verses of this letter have been chosen for the reading because they show the prophecy, read in the first lesson, as fulfilled among the pagans, as well as emphasizing the purpose of the Messiah's coming: the sanctification and true enlightenment of all nations.

Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
and Sosthenes our brother,
to the church of God that is in Corinth,
to you who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be holy,
with all those everywhere who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
their Lord and ours.
Grace to you and peace from God our Father
and the Lord Jesus Christ.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#507258 Jan 19, 2014
The Gospel is from St. John 1:29-34. The pages of the Gospel present John the Baptist as a symbolic example of a ‘bridegroom’s friend’, as Christ’s excellent and exemplary witness. The Baptist’s pre-eminent witness was affirmed in two ways: firstly with regard to the content of his testimony and secondly with respect to its style.

With regard to the content of his testimony, the Baptist identified Jesus as ‘the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world’(Jn 1:29). Anticipating Jesus’ messianic and salvific role, each of the four evangelists start their Gospels with the Baptist’s words. The Lamb refers to the idea of salvation. The Lamb is the gift of liberation that, following the flight from Egypt, the Israelites sacrificed to the Lord. The Lamb recalls the servant of the Lord, the messianic image described by the Prophet Isaiah,‘like a lamb led to the slaughter-house, like a sheep dumb before its shearers’(Is 53:7). The Lamb recalls the image of the Victorious Lamb in the Book of the Apocalypse who at the end of time will definitively destroy evil and sin. John the Baptist is therefore, an authoritative witness who knew Jesus’ exact identity and why He came amongst men.

With regard to John the Baptist’s style, St John’s Gospel (cfr Jn 3:28-29) presents St John the Baptist through the image of the ‘bridegroom’s friend’. He gives witness, yet is not positioned central to the events that are unfolding. His testimony is totally centralised on Christ. John indicates the presence of the Lord and then steps into the margins.‘I am not the Christ’ and he goes on to affirm ‘I am the one who has been sent to go in front of him.'It is the bridegroom who has the bride; and yet the bridegroom's friend, who stands there and listens to him, is filled with joy at the bridegroom's voice. This is the joy I feel, and it is complete. He must grow greater, I must grow less.’(Jn 3:28-30)

Today’s Gospel offers us an eloquent example to imitate, so that we can also become Christ’s authoritative witnesses. A believer can only give an authoritative witness if it coexists in perfect harmony with two of the Baptist’s evangelical qualities. Firstly, knowledge of Christ that is cultivated through prayer, the sacramental and ecclesial life, reading good books and edifying friendships. Secondly, the constant attributes of a ‘bridegroom’s friend’ who goes in search of the Groom through the virtue of humility because always, in everyone’s life, Christ must increase and we must decrease!

From the Congregation for the Clergy
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#507259 Jan 19, 2014
Gospel According to John 1:29-34

John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said,
“Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.
He is the one of whom I said,
‘A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me
because he existed before me.’
I did not know him,
but the reason why I came baptizing with water
was that he might be made known to Israel.”
John testified further, saying,
“I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from heaven
and remain upon him.
I did not know him,
but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me,
‘On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain,
he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’
Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God.”

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#507260 Jan 19, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
Responsorial Psalm ps 40:2, 4, 7-8, 8-9, 10
R/(8a and 9a) Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
I have waited, waited for the LORD,
and he stooped toward me and heard my cry.
And he put a new song into my mouth,
a hymn to our God.
Sacrifice or offering you wished not,
but ears open to obedience you gave me.
Holocausts or sin-offerings you sought not;
then said I,“Behold I come.”
R/ Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will.
“In the written scroll it is prescribed for me,
to do your will, O my God, is my delight,
and your law is within my heart!”
I announced your justice in the vast assembly;
I did not restrain my lips, as you, O LORD, know.
His,prophecies,foretold the Man of Sorrows,..our Lord And,Saviour Jesus,Christ ...
Praise God

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#507261 Jan 19, 2014
Joke of the day:

The U.N. has decided to investigate sex scandals in the CC.!!!!

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#507262 Jan 19, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
henry
Peace
I am sorry you feel life in the world is a waste of time....
It sounds like you are distressed and depressed over what you see....
Peace
You perceive that those who view religion as nothing but trouble are distressed and depressed???

Catholics killed all others who would not convert to Catholicism.

Now THAT from my perception is depressing, and "you'd better believe" that those on the receiving end of your pride and joy religion were distressed when they saw the Inquisitors coming towards them.

They knew they were going to have their tongues pulled out of their heads or be stretched until their bodies came to pieces, or be burned at the stake.

Smile at those thoughts Robert ... as you so full of happiness and such a nice guy ... according to YOU!!!

Sarcasm intended
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#507263 Jan 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Joke of the day:
The U.N. has decided to investigate sex scandals in the CC.!!!!
KayMarie
You are the joke of the day. Protestant members of clergy also used their positions of authority to molest. But you ignore that ... as you are FAMOUS for pointing your Protestant fingers at Catholics as evil ... while you are certain that YOU in all your GLORY are HOLY!!!

YUCK!!!

The creator can have you, and good luck to HIM, as he's going to NEED all the luck he can muster up there in the sky.

Silly people!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#507265 Jan 19, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
His,prophecies,foretold the Man of Sorrows,..our Lord And,Saviour Jesus,Christ ...
Praise God
Amen.

I hope everyone enjoys the Scripture readings we prayed at Holy Mass today. I also love today's Collect which I hope you'll all take as your own prayer. There is a new Collect everyday at Mass and they're always so beautiful.

Also, this is day two in the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity.

The March for Life -- January 22, 2014 --- Washington, DC (EWTN will have life coverage).
http://marchforlife.org/march-with-us/details

January is devoted to the Holy Name of Jesus.

Busy month -- a very good busy!

June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#507266 Jan 19, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise God
Do you believe (from your perspective) that Jesus would have left Judaism for another religion ... by CHOICE???

Be careful what you think ... because if Jesus reads your thoughts, he KNOWS that you believe he became a traitor to the Jews.

How do you like that half-baked apple that came from the garden of male theology???
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#507267 Jan 19, 2014
The devout demanders, insist that a god lives in the sky to love only them and those in their cults.

And they don't understand when others rebel and say "Just a minute now ... you have no right to burn my body at the stake because you believe that is the will of a god."

Such ignorance is NOT bliss for the ones that were murdered by those in religion.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#507268 Jan 19, 2014
"For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy."

—CCC, no. 2558, citing St. Therese of Lisieux,
Manuscrits Autobiographiques, C 25rr

Descriptions of prayer are abundant throughout Christian history.

"True prayer," wrote St. Augustine, "is nothing but love."

Prayer should arise from the heart. "Prayer," said St. John Vianney, "is the inner bath of love into which the soul plunges itself."

"Everyone of us needs half an hour of prayer each day," remarked St. Francis de Sales, "except when we are busy—then we need an hour."
http://new.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/index...
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#507269 Jan 19, 2014
Right now in countries of the world Christian are arming their selves and killing Muslims ... and they believe, as do the Muslims from the other side of the issue ... that such slaughter is the will of (if you can imagine this) THE SAME GOD ... as they all claim there IS only one GOD.

They never learned anything from the vicious religious history, and that is why they keep repeating the same behavior, as from both right-fighting angles, they follow what they were taught to believe is based on TRUTH.
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#507270 Jan 19, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
"For me, prayer is a surge of the heart;
It's a surge of self-hypnosis in the attitude that a god exists to receive your DIVINE worship.

I suggest that it's you worshipping your self.
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#507271 Jan 19, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope everyone enjoys the Scripture readings we prayed at Holy Mass today.
Do you doubt that they wouldn't enjoy it???

Come ON ... you know better than that.

You are convinced that the WISE Jew that left Judaism is with you in all you believe.

That WISE Jew is your con-soul-ation PRIZE?
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#507272 Jan 19, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
""Everyone of us needs half an hour of prayer each day," remarked St. Francis de Sales, "except when we are busy—then we need an hour."
http://new.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/index...
I suggest that SAINT Francis the Catholic didn't believe that prayers from Jews that practiced Judaism ever reached their intended destination.

Neither did all the other Catholic church-fathers believe that the ONE GOD in existence paid any head whatsoever to the prayers of the Jews that practiced Judaism.

Manipulators ... one and ALL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web