Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641652 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#507034 Jan 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who has heavenly eternal bliss all "mapped out" for your self.
I am the one who wonders if (other than in my illusion) time even exists.
"mapped out"? Yes, I suppose that's an ok description. I'm certainly not implying that I'm guaranteed to stay on the correct "route" if I don't keep my eyes on the road. My opinion is that you're off track right now, but some thing/one may steer you back on track at some point before you step out of the canoe. Enjoy your life June, don't make it your mission to ruin everybody else's.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#507035 Jan 18, 2014
Einstein, for one, found solace in his revolutionary sense of time. In March 1955, when his lifelong friend Michele Besso died, he wrote a letter consoling Besso’s family:“Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.”

Rovelli senses another temporal breakthrough just around the corner.“Einstein’s 1905 paper came out and suddenly changed people’s thinking about space-time. We’re again in the middle of something like that,” he says. When the dust settles, time—whatever it may be—could turn out to be even stranger and more illusory than even Einstein could imagine.

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/in-no-ti ...

Quesnel, Canada

#507036 Jan 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
For those who call God a murderer....for those whose words say they believe God broke His own Commandment "Thou shalt do no murder"....
Men wrote all words in those books that they insinuated were holy references to the MINDS of gods.

For whatever point you are trying to make as a representative of "truth" ... you simply cherry-pick what you believe are USEFUL scriptures.

Two can play that GAME!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)

Quesnel, Canada

#507037 Jan 18, 2014
Why ... other than for egoistical reasons ... would humans want to believe they can prophesy the supposed future???

And when you claim to know the future ... there is no question that you believe you ARE modern-day prophets.

Quesnel, Canada

#507038 Jan 18, 2014
The more the popes praised Catholics as being prime examples of holiness ... the more the Catholics felt compelled to hide their human "activities" from the popes.

It became a child's game of hide the "sin."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Guide for Living … Pope Pius XII … Selected Addresses and Letters of His Holiness

Who, then, does not see, in the light of Catholic principles, that perfect chastity and virginity, far from harming the normal unfolding of the nature of man or woman, on the contrary endows it with the highest moral nobility?”
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following

You know, it’s interesting who protests and who doesn’t. Over 90 percent of the women coming to one of our clinics for abortions are Catholic. They don’t necessarily have more of a problem about what they are doing than others. It seems to be more of a matter of individuals, doesn’t it?”

Quesnel, Canada

#507039 Jan 18, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"mapped out"? Yes, I suppose that's an ok description. I'm certainly not implying that I'm guaranteed to stay on the correct "route" if I don't keep my eyes on the road. My opinion is that you're off track right now, but some thing/one may steer you back on track at some point before you step out of the canoe. Enjoy your life June, don't make it your mission to ruin everybody else's.
If I joined you on your track ... would you them believe I was on the RIGHTeous- track???

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#507040 Jan 18, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"mapped out"? Yes, I suppose that's an ok description. I'm certainly not implying that I'm guaranteed to stay on the correct "route" if I don't keep my eyes on the road.
How vain of you ... to believe that you are keeping your eye on the only correct route while others are wandering off the holy path.

YUCK!

You can map anything out in your imagination ... but that might be as far as it goes.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#507041 Jan 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I joined you on your track ... would you them believe I was on the RIGHTeous- track???
:)
Who cares what I would believe?
Husker

Falls City, NE

#507042 Jan 18, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> you don't get it do you...this Christian school is a protestant school and it the BEST school in our city. It beats the public schools and also the catholic schools. I am NOT protestant.My daughter wants the BEST education for my grandbaby. Religion plays no part in where they choose for him to be educated.
That's sad.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#507043 Jan 18, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Where , oh where will this one lead??? Yahoo News: In “oops” news, a nun who didn’t know she was pregnant gave birth to a nine pound baby boy Wednesday, in the small, central Italian city of Rieti.
The 31-year-old nun, originally from El Salvador, said she started having stomach pains Wednesday morning and called an ambulance. A few hours later she was in a hospital recovering from labor.
“I did not know I was pregnant,” she stated.“I only felt a stomach pain.” KayMarie
then the nun was lying, or broke her vows. People are human. But I rerally doubt your story, you are a Catholic hater. and would do anything to discredit Christ's church, Christ's bride.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507044 Jan 18, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
That god didn't do most of the murdering of innocents himself.
Instead, that god instructed his chosen people to do the majority of the slaughtering.
However, under RICO law, god is still guilty of murder.
YA.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#507045 Jan 18, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>then the nun was lying, or broke her vows. People are human. But I rerally doubt your story, you are a Catholic hater. and would do anything to discredit Christ's church, Christ's bride.
Sounds like it's a true story. Pretty standard practice here though....when some of the protestants are silenced by irrefutable evidence of their error, they tend to go slopping around in the gutter looking for Catholics who sin.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507046 Jan 18, 2014
Husker wrote:
Anyone remember David and Ann?
No.

Do ya remember Kukla an Ollie?

Quesnel, Canada

#507047 Jan 18, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what I would believe?
Others who have different religion beliefs care that you preach at them that they are stupid and you are wise.

That "inspires" them want to preach their religious "certainties" back at you.

And that is what kept the fires burning as supposed heretics were the ongoing fuel of those who were certain that they were servants of "God."

Quesnel, Canada

#507048 Jan 18, 2014
Husker wrote:
<Christ's church, Christ's bride.
What a load of crapola!

I suggest that even with a gun to his head, had Jesus been a Jewish rabbi, he would have chose to take a bullet, and in turn die as a martyr to Judaism.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507049 Jan 18, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One more,time,..
We,studied about God...about stories,from the,Old,T the,passion..the,apostles,were lessons,..The,Catechism was,our study book ..NOT A,BIBLE,
I DID NOT SAY I LACKED KNOWKEDGE,OF CHRIST ..I jus,did not have bible,study as you all hAve today ...And yes,there is,a,difference ...
We,read,Gospel and,Epistles,.
I never knew,the book it all came from ...the,BIBLE,..the books..the verses,..etc...Until I ACTUALLY READ,A,BIBLE..
This,is,a big deal about the fAct we did not have bibles in Catholic School ...when I was a,student .
And I've,said,it way too many tines,.I'm done...
Reread,my other half dozen posts,on the,subject please,..
Peace,...
So what you're saying is you read Bible selections at every Mass and you studied the meaning of the Bible in Religion class. Is that accurate?

Quesnel, Canada

#507050 Jan 18, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>then the nun was lying, or broke her vows. People are human. But I rerally doubt your story, you are a Catholic hater. and would do anything to discredit Christ's church, Christ's bride.
People are human???

Servants of supposed perfect gods are not supposed to behalf as humans.

That is what is so silly about religion.

I could care less if a nun had a baby. But the man who impregnated her I suggest would not want the public to know who was the "proud" father.

Quesnel, Canada

#507051 Jan 18, 2014
behave as humans
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507052 Jan 18, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
FYI
I'VE GIVEN..:/;) e story books,and,BIBLES,go my grandkids,and kids,.
I got a,grandmothers,Bible from.my daughter for Christmas,..inscribed .
NOW I HAVE BIBLE s,...
It isn't the Churches fault you didn't have one at home when you were a kid. Our family Bible goes back a number of generations; probably to a time before you were born. Evidently our family thought it was important to have a family Bible to read at home instead of just reading Scripture from the Missals we also had at home. Your family didn't. No big deal, but I think it's more than a little misleading to claim you were raised without "Bible study" in Catholic school when you studied Scripture from books even though your school didn't give you a Bible to hold in your hands. I don't understand why you think there's an advantage to holding a Bible over studying Scripture.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#507053 Jan 18, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW: I noticed you have not refuted one word I posted!!!! Because you can't....the truth is the truth.....even if it should come from the Pink Rabbit....
If you want to pick at what the Vatican says try quoting from a Vatican website instead of making up quotes. There isn't any point in wasting time refuting what you make up on your own. You'll just make up more. At least now we know who provides you with the information you use in your arguments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr I recently left 10,106
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) Fri Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... Fri truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web