Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
488,841 - 488,860 of 538,396 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theology IS philosophy. I truth that what I believe simply fits my desires.
For your info Philosophy js comprised of the following areas: Epistemology,Moral Philosophy, Aesthetics, Metaphysical, Cosmology,Ethics, Ontology,Phenomenology, and Teleology

Theology is a separate Field.

That is why you have a separate Doctorate of Philosophy and Doctorate of Theology. Different people, different areas of study, different history, different rules, different tools etc
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Ja sam isplakala jade svoje.
Otvrdla ko tvrda stina!

I don't need nothing from anyone.

I am not going where others gone.

light belong to light
when you come on that cross its light
no its not kill me
nobody pay ticket for that
noooooooooooooooooooooo
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

concerned in Brasil wrote:
20 When they are chosen who are to receive baptism, let their lives be examined,
whether they have lived honorably while catechumens, whether they honored the widows,
whether they visited the sick, and whether they have done every good work.. 2If those who
bring them forward bear witness for them that they have done so, then let them hear the Gospel.
So they chose Infants mmmm but how did they examine their lives to have lived honorably
It sure appears like maybe you threw the context out with the baptismal water.
MMMMmmmm indeed
How do they examine their lives as little children? They don't. Obviously St. Hippolytus believed baptism was more than just some symbolic outward gesture. Clearly they received the same baptism as adults.

"4The children shall be baptized first. All of the children who can answer for themselves, let them answer. If there are any children who cannot answer for themselves, let their parents answer for them, or someone else from their family. 5After this, the men will be baptized. Finally, the women, after they have unbound their hair, and removed their jewelry."
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

no you don't need any diploma
why you need recognition from others

be yourself
not for money or any power
with that you not take nothing from anyone
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Experts? Just what are they "experts" at? Experience has taught me that those that fancy themselves as 'experts" usually know less about a given subject than a person led of the Holy Spirit does.
A person that gives the Holy Spirit credit for all knowledge and revelation knows more than a so called self appointed 'expert' could ever hope to know.
Projection.

The first person to propose viewing Ezekiel as an abnormal personality was Edwin C. Broome, Jr.

He took his PhD from an Ivy League school, Brown, in 1940, was an ordained minister, and first published on the subject in the Journal of Biblical Literature, a prestigious and peer-reviewed journal.

Doesn't make him right but hardly makes him "self-appointed".

You, on the other hand, claim the appointment of the hokey sprite, just like so many other Christians who disagree with something but can't articulate a rational argument as to why.

Talk about self-appointment.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, the ancient use of the word "antitype" did not mean symbol.
excuse me the word was translated to our equivalent English meaning of the word antitype so yes it DID.

What you gonna do Anthony you just made a post of a so called Early Church Father and in this one document Apostolic tradition that you used the practices are more often than not contrary to your tradition today in your sect called RCC.

Here in lies the huge contradiction that anyone with an open mind, void of pride can see, your so called Tradition that you claim is the same today as it was in the 1-3 centuries does not resemble it in the slightest.

The best part is he refers us to the Scriptures in the year 270 AD or so to get the complete procedure of Baptism yet your Sect claims they did not exist till some 200 years later when your sect gave us the scriptures which from your document posted today makes that claim bunk.

Your pissing in the wind brother and getting it all over ya.
Or better yet you just cut your nose of to spite your face, you are wonderful thanks for that.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

you belong to systems
systems and organizations is as dirty water
i fill that upon myself

this people lived under system and organization
leaders of them not care for anyone its law of them

Cross
-there is a no law
-there is a suffering
-there is a light

light go to light

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Written by a man ....
SBC says it like it is......
I'm sure the irony eludes you, dummy.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
Are you saying that belief in Jesus is sufficient without regard to our attempts to deserve Redemption? Can we lead a life of willful sinfulness and then be saved because we believe in Jesus?
Nobody ever deserved Redemption Tango that's why we need Jesus, Only HE is our redemption. You must receive Him as fully paying for your sin, then and only then will you receive His Spirit to help you serve Him. John 3:16 also. Blessings.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
“If the Holy Virgin had died and was buried, her falling asleep would have been surrounded with honour, death would have found her pure, and her crown would have been a virginal one...Had she been martyred according to what is written:'Thine own soul a sword shall pierce', then she would shine gloriously among the martyrs, and her holy body would have been declared blessed; for by her, did light come to the world."
Epiphanius, Panarion, 78:23 (A.D. 377).
"[T]he Apostles took up her body on a bier and placed it in a tomb; and they guarded it, expecting the Lord to come. And behold, again the Lord stood by them; and the holy body having been received, He commanded that it be taken in a cloud into paradise: where now, rejoined to the soul,[Mary] rejoices with the Lord's chosen ones..." Gregory of Tours, Eight Books of Miracles, 1:4 (inter A.D. 575-593).
"As the most glorious Mother of Christ, our Savior and God and the giver of life and immortality, has been endowed with life by him, she has received an eternal incorruptibility of the body together with him who has raised her up from the tomb and has taken her up to himself in a way known only to him." Modestus of Jerusalem, Encomium in dormitionnem Sanctissimae Dominae nostrae Deiparae semperque Virginis Mariae (PG 86-II,3306),(ante A.D. 634).
"It was fitting ...that the most holy-body of Mary, God-bearing body, receptacle of God, divinised, incorruptible, illuminated by divine grace and full glory ...should be entrusted to the earth for a little while and raised up to heaven in glory, with her soul pleasing to God." Theoteknos of Livias, Homily on the Assumption (ante A.D. 650).
"You are she who, as it is written, appears in beauty, and your virginal body is all holy, all chaste, entirely the dwelling place of God, so that it is henceforth completely exempt from dissolution into dust. Though still human, it is changed into the heavenly life of incorruptibility, truly living and glorious, undamaged and sharing in perfect life." Germanus of Constantinople, Sermon I (PG 98,346),(ante A.D. 733).
"St. Juvenal, Bishop of Jerusalem, at the Council of Chalcedon (451), made known to the Emperor Marcian and Pulcheria, who wished to possess the body of the Mother of God, that Mary died in the presence of all the Apostles, but that her tomb, when opened upon the request of St. Thomas, was found empty; wherefrom the Apostles concluded that the body was taken up to heaven." John of Damascene, PG (96:1)(A.D. 747-751).
Again I asked for a early church father, that believed this necessary for Salvation not one have you produced.
In fact you have not produced one early church father that believed it to be, only in the the 4 century do we see people speculating.

Can you imagine if it took 400 years after the death of Christ for someone to write the tomb was empty.

Pulling at straws to say the least here Ant

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the Catholics of that era that I know are quite familiar with the Bible. That can't happen without studying the Bible.
You're a strong example of someone from that era that may or may not have studied the Bible but clearly doesn't understand it.
Tango

We,studied,in SCHOOL things,THAT ARE,FROM THE,BIBLE...yes...Noah..Abraha m..He s us,of course.

Our missals,and,mass,has,SCRIPTURE ,in the,..the,Gospel according to John or Mark...etc .

WE,STUDIED FROM A BALTIMORE,CATECHISM ....which by the way referred to our Church as the HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ...
http://catecheticsonline.com/...

We,DID NOT STUDY FROM AN ACTUAL BIBLE,...no chapter verse,..books,of the bible,..etc..

And I went to Catholic school for 10 years..in two states,..different orders,of nuns,and priests .

So we,DID know,things,FROM the bible .....But not the bible itself ...

I read my first bible ..actual book in my daughter's,fifth grade,one,.And of course a lot was FAMILIAR ....from mass,and,CATECHISM and,religion class and old testament STORIES,..

Much was not covered ...

I understand that NOW, CATHOLUCS,study FROM actual bibles,..they DID NOT IN CATHOLIC SCHOOL have a,book THE BIBLE..as a study tool...

I cannot make it more clear.......

I keep being told,I must have been not paying attention...baloney ..I got straight A in religion from DIOCESAN ex a 's,we took twice a,year ..so I knew,WHAT THEY DID TEACH US..

I KEEP SAYING ..the nuns,taught us,ABOUT JESUS,..NOAH ..ETC..But we DID NIT READ THE BIBLE......
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How do they examine their lives as little children? They don't. Obviously St. Hippolytus believed baptism was more than just some symbolic outward gesture. Clearly they received the same baptism as adults.
"4The children shall be baptized first. All of the children who can answer for themselves, let them answer. If there are any children who cannot answer for themselves, let their parents answer for them, or someone else from their family. 5After this, the men will be baptized. Finally, the women, after they have unbound their hair, and removed their jewelry."
all ready answered go back a page and read, if you wish to make this your stand then you have to accept all that is written in the Apostolic Traditions which you conveniently have avoided again. context rules the day.

Why is that you ignore the part previous how the lay people choose the Bishop your Sect does not do this anymore why is that?

Why is it you ignore the original language that uses to words for Baptize and when they are used.

2 He who is ordained as a bishop, being chosen by all the people, must be irreproachable.
2When his name is announced and approved, the people will gather on the Lord's day with the
council of elders and the bishops who are present. 3With the assent of all, the bishops will place
their hands upon him, with the council of elders standing by, quietly. 4Everyone will keep silent,
praying in their hearts for the descent of the Spirit. 5After this, one of the bishops present, at the
request of all, shall lay his hand upon him who is being ordained bishop, and pray, saying,

He who is ordained as a bishop, being chosen by all the people,

Why does the RCC pick and choose you can't have it both ways Anthony or you and your sect continue to be Hypocrites.

39We have delivered these things to you only briefly concerning baptism and the oblation
because you have already been instructed concerning the resurrection of the flesh and the
rest according to what is written. 40If there is anything else which needs to be told, the bishop
shall tell it privately to those who receive baptism. None but the faithful may know, and
even them only after receiving baptism. This is the white stone about which John said, "A
new name is written on it, which no one knows except the one who received the stone."

To what scriptures does he refer to above when the RCC claims the scriptures did not exist till some 200 years later???

You clearly lack something of value in your character as you play fast and loose with the context and do not take into account the whole document again most likely because you have never read it in its entirety as have I.

But guess after all these years of going in circles you don't know anything else.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe water baptism Saves.
You hit on the head the nail!!!!

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

It do not say: He that is baptized is not condemned: but he that is not baptized is condemned already, because he was not baptized.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the thought...I guess. I just wish I could understand what the heck you're trying to say.
Sorry fir the typos ..

CHURCHES,...REGIONAL ..COUNCIKS,MADE UP OF THOSE,CHURCHES AND LEADERS
Following the disciples,..the teachings,..giving us,SCRIPTURE ..NO POPE

..Then ROME says,we are supreme ..You must follow,our lead,and be under the guidance of our Pope.....You know,EXACTLY what I meant ...

Those churches,who said no .POPE ..And those who later broke from.Rome ...we're following the teachings,of JESUS,...as,much if not more so than the RCC was ...

As,I said last night..You Catholics,of today would not be happy with the CHURCH of the MIDDLE AGES,..reform has,come for ALL Christians,and we can ALL trace our faith to the teachings,of JESUS,..
The,first Church was that of Jerusalem ...Then other Churches,were formed ...But early Church FATHERS,,did not all become ROMAN CATHOLIC...
And you know,it
it was the Church of Rome who involved itself in secular politics,...
And,declared its,Primacy ...

You all have a,beautiful Religion..And your religion today as,practiced owes a,lot to the Reformation....as,does,the USA....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you're trying to make a case for what the Catholic Church says by quoting obscure authors instead of quoting the Catholic Church directly. My guess is that you aren't even quoting obscure authors who quote still more obscure authors. What you're really doing is copying and pasting from an obscure anti-Catholic website that quotes obscure authors who quote obscure authors.
Yep!!!! Don't like the message....shoot the messenger!!!!

BTW: I noticed you have not refuted one word I posted!!!!

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again. I understand exactly what you're saying, we often metaphorically say the early CC was an acorn which grew into the oak tree 2000 years later. The problem is you think it's ok to apply it to your modern day evangelical fundamentalism, but refuse to consider the same for he CC.
There is a substantial difference however from what your modern day protestant sect believes vs the beliefs of your reformers as it pertains to salvation.

I hope you understand this.
And I have never said that ..by the way ..the,Acorn grew,into modern Catholicism..orthodoxy ...And Evangelism .....

Again were, y our transported to middle age RCC..You would not be happy with its as compared to the Church you have today ...And the Reformation is,a,direct and indirect cause of the changes,...along with the Vatican losing a,lot of its,political.power ...printing of bibles ..settlement of the,New,World,...And yes,even Ming Henry who proclaimed a basically Catholic Church with himself replacing the pope ...who had,his,do get in each monarchy up until then.
Neither leader liked the idea,of the common man having a,bible ....

Thank God,
We,have a,country where freedom of worship was assured in its,founding ...NO STATE OR FORCED RELIGION..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
Are you saying that belief in Jesus is sufficient without regard to our attempts to deserve Redemption? Can we lead a life of willful sinfulness and then be saved because we believe in Jesus?
We cannot do one thing that will qualify us as deserving redemption....what we do deserve is eternity in hell for our sins...Christ made it possible for us to receive the gift of Salvation...that gift, if accepted, cancels our just deserts in hell.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection.
The first person to propose viewing Ezekiel as an abnormal personality was Edwin C. Broome, Jr.
He took his PhD from an Ivy League school, Brown, in 1940, was an ordained minister, and first published on the subject in the Journal of Biblical Literature, a prestigious and peer-reviewed journal.
Doesn't make him right but hardly makes him "self-appointed".
You, on the other hand, claim the appointment of the hokey sprite, just like so many other Christians who disagree with something but can't articulate a rational argument as to why.
Talk about self-appointment.
Question. Exactly who ordained this moron that called Ezekiel an abnormal personality? And what was his "Ph.D in pray tell?

Ezekiel was as normal as any normal person of today for like many people of today,Ezekiel saw a UFO and it had Gods throne aboard it. He described seeing this UFO in the first chapter of Ezekiel. There are many people today that describes having seen a UFO. They exist and they are used by the heavenly and many though misunderstand the entities that are aboard these objects. Its about to get real good in these last days.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
No June you do, you are the only one here advocating volitional murder of another human being Intentionally.
God advocates sex within the institution of marriage so the child the human being has a mother and father to raise them in a loving relationship.
90%+ of all abortions are single women out of wedlock who chose to have sex contrary to God's advice which is to have it only in a committed marriage relationship. It is because these woman are selfish and looking for instant gratification that they murder the life created inside their wombs.
So they can continue in their sinful casual sexual lifestyles.
If we were to eliminate just the abortions on the basis of inconvenience we eliminate 99% of all abortions. Less than 1 % of abortions are due to rape incest or the threat of the mother's life.
Don't let the facts hit you in the head on the way out of this thread.
You advocate murder of innocent human life you are evil
Let's,not let dad,off the hook here ...yes,women make the decision ...some,are very young ...And under a,lot of pressure from society and dad,.....who helped make the,baby

Yes,it's,SIN causes,all this..And the Evil one is behind this culture of death ..

But women and young girls are casualties,in this,holocaust...in many cases,...

I know,these,poor babies,violently killed are,with our Lord,....where is,mom today ..
Especially if she,has,a,conscience ...or feel her next child and,sees him grow,in her womb...??? Realizing just what she did...

Our prayers,should be for them ...as,desperation..pressure..G odlessness is behind this,tragedy ..
And those who vote for these politicians,and AGAINST those,who try for restricting them are just as,guilty in my opinion..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're adding to the Bible.
Nope....herein is your problem with Scripture: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••