Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650844 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

chuck

Dublin, OH

#506576 Jan 16, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Attack the messenger, avoid the question.
Yet another dodge. I get it.
Why do you have morals?

God created Light and Sun in the days of creation...contradiction?

lol...why do I ask, you don't know
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#506577 Jan 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The all believe they understand the bible exactly as "God" wants them to understand the bible.
If they thought for even one moment that they were going against "God's" will, they would literally shit their pants ... because they also comprehend the issue of hell and rejection from the supposed god.
From my perception, all religion is disqualified bunk!
Sorry June, all religion except mine.

Ramen

PS - there is no such thing as Hell. No true God such as mine would ever torture its own creation for all eternity, or instruct believers to kill or torture anyone, unlike some gods we know. Ummm?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#506578 Jan 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Good reply. Humorous too. You certainly have a point regarding the example I gave.
Your faith must be strong. I am glad you are comfortable enough in your faith to share the humor, rather than attack the messenger.
Robert F can feign that he is a nice guy ... but the religion on which Robert invests all of his faith attacks other religious messengers that disagree with the Catholic message as being fodder for the devil's hell.

And that is the sentiment of Robert's religious brain-MATTER!

There is a REASON he is a Catholic, and it is based on his LUST to believe he is (to GOD) very SPECIAL in DEED!

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
Liam

Chicago, IL

#506579 Jan 16, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When you see the Bible as inspired, it means God influenced them to write the very word of God. Again, the bible says profitable in training for righteousness.
Clay say no we have other things that men taught that we can use as well. Look what that church has done to your thinking. You are being taught by sinful flawed men.
Did Jesus say "take this all you and read it"? Or "take this all you and eat it, for this is my body"

Jesus says we're to do other things besides read scripture. Ironically, it was men with itching ears who said otherwise.

Quesnel, Canada

#506580 Jan 16, 2014
"What's in this religion for ME?"

"If you follow what we teach, you will be assured of salvation."

"What about others in other religions?"

"They will go to hell."

"That's good enough for me. Where do I sign up to join your religion which preaches the only truth in the universe?"

"On the dotted LINE!"

Quesnel, Canada

#506581 Jan 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Sorry June, all religion except mine.
Ramen
PS - there is no such thing as Hell. No true God such as mine would ever torture its own creation for all eternity, or instruct believers to kill or torture anyone, unlike some gods we know. Ummm?
Ramen is spineless.

I want to know that others HAVE to suffer in hell for not believing as I believe.

What good is a religion, if it doesn't pander to my whims???

"Gimme" that old-time religion!!!

:)

Orlando, FL

#506582 Jan 16, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice dodge
In the days of creation God creates Light then another day the Sun..contradiction???
In Biblical context, certainly. In the context of an advanced physics class, maybe not.

More...

16 So God made the two larger lights, the sun to rule over the day and the moon to rule over the night; he also made the stars.

Somebody needs to tell tell your god that the Sun IS a star, and that the moon is not a light, but simply reflecting the light from the sun.

Did you know that?

See, stay with me and you will learn something, so you won't be so superstitious.

Here's another one. The stars aren't really for signs.

This one you will probably hate. The earth is not 6000 years old That is the approximate age of mankind's first cities -- and permanent writings. I can see why that one might confuse you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#506583 Jan 16, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I couldn't find anything about the Catholic Church allowing Barbarians and Arians to keep their various gods and still be a part of the Catholic Church. I would like to know where Herm got that from..
I told Nick what you posted and he just shook his head and laughed....where did you look??? How come everyone else can find this info but you cant?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506584 Jan 16, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus say "take this all you and read it"? Or "take this all you and eat it, for this is my body"
Jesus says we're to do other things besides read scripture. Ironically, it was men with itching ears who said otherwise.
When it says God's Word is inspired it means God influenced what was written down. Like they wrote down the words of God.

They wrote the bible is profitable for training in righteousness which is what we all want more than anything. To be righteous is the sight of God.

Stay on topic Clay. We don't need to discuss Jesus being a cracker sitting in a bowl at your church.

Quesnel, Canada

#506585 Jan 16, 2014
Theologians taught that the message of the bible is clear. That must be WHY they all lusted to re-explain its "meanings."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.

The clergy became a powerful class, dominant through their learning and their fearful denunciations of the faithless. They wrote the books for the people to read—the famous Cotton Mather having three hundred and eighty-three books and pamphlets to his credit.

Quesnel, Canada

#506586 Jan 16, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever ask the question of your SELF ... "Would Jesus have betrayed his own Jewish beliefs to join up with the Catholic church-fathers?

My guess is ... you by-pass that issue as though it is an evil though ... in deed!

You have made your Catholic sermons your TOP priority.

Quesnel, Canada

#506587 Jan 16, 2014
thought

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#506588 Jan 16, 2014
QUESTION – why in the blazes would anyone who knows God willing subject themselves to an entity as notoriously blasphemous and corrupt as the Vatican???

Answer – because they don’t know God, but fiercely love their self-righteous religion as did the Pharisee/Jews who also missed their Messiah.

Orlando, FL

#506589 Jan 16, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Peace
Ah, but the Bible is clear regarding slavery. And the type in the U.S., and around the world is not according to the Bible. And if found it were found in Israel at the time of the law, the penalty(as with many things) would have been death....But such was the covenant between God and Israel.
As to the pagans and Gentiles around, God does effect their morality, by conscience, and people take action accordingly.
I think the point I would make is that the slavery, even today's slavery is not the same in essence as declared by the Bible....
Peace
Pity you weren't around during the Civil War to set millions of good folks in the South straight. Collectively, they just had the wrong understanding of the Bible.

Heck, too bad the Catholic Pope during that time didn't take a stand on the issue, but rather was one of the very few that recognized the Southern States. He even wrote a nice letter of support, which was used by the South in an effort to increase Irish desertions.

It worked very briefly. There was a light increase in Irish Catholic desertions, but in the end, the Irish decided that they were Americans first. After all, nowhere in the Catholic world at the time was there democracy and codified human rights.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506590 Jan 16, 2014
<quoted text>
In Biblical context, certainly. In the context of an advanced physics class, maybe not.
More...
16 So God made the two larger lights, the sun to rule over the day and the moon to rule over the night; he also made the stars.
Somebody needs to tell tell your god that the Sun IS a star, and that the moon is not a light, but simply reflecting the light from the sun.
Did you know that?
See, stay with me and you will learn something, so you won't be so superstitious.
This one you will probably hate. The earth is not 6000 years old That is the approximate age of mankind's first cities -- and permanent writings. I can see why that one might confuse you.
God is the Light...Sun is the Sun

I could have saved you from all your jibberish. Stop by children's church Sunday, it starts at 9:30. When one is ignorant to scripture they see contradiction...

you're welcome

Can't wait for your reply.....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#506591 Jan 16, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line: Christ spoke Aramaic and nicknamed Simon "Kepha," ("Cephas") which means "Rock." Most of the New Testament was written in Greek (or translated into Greek, as is possible in the case of Matthew's Book), and Kepha was translated as "Petros" or "Petra" (depending on stylistic needs of the context), which both mean "Rock." In our English Bibles, "Petros" and "Petra" get translated into "Peter." 1 Peter IS "the Rock," the earthly head of Christ's Church as Christ Himself states in Matthew 16. This would be as if you and I, speaking English and discussing someone named Mary, were quoted by an Italian who wrote her name as "Maria," which a Frenchman translated as "Marie".
Many Protestants try to get around Matthew 16:15-19 by pointing to 1 Corinthians 10:3-5 "And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." But this is something no Catholic would disagree with! Yes, the SPIRITUAL Rock, Christ, the High Priest and Head of the Church, authorized Peter to be the earthly Rock, His Vicar, of the Church -- the father of the New Covenant, just as God the Father made Abraham the earthly father of the Old Covenant (Isaiah 51:1-2) while remaining the ultimate, SPIRITUAL Father of that Covenant. from fisheaters.com . Sera, Sera, Sera, what were you doing in history class? Dreaming of rose? That dog in your avatar? Sex? You weren't paying attn to your teacher.. Secular history books also point out that Peter was the first pope.
Upon Peter's Faith In CHIRST being the THE SON OF GOD when CHRIST asked PETER.....WHO AM I.. His FAITH IN CHRIST BEING THE SON OF GOD WAS THE ROCK IN THE CHRISTIAN FAITH NOT YOUR CHURCH....and by the way...In history class religion never entered my school...I also didn't know Rose or have my Chihuahua or think of sex.(unlike you did since you brought it up around your cussing priest)

Quesnel, Canada

#506592 Jan 16, 2014
If the messages from the bible are CLEAR, they need no explanations.

So why are you people using bibles to preach AT each other???

Quesnel, Canada

#506593 Jan 16, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
QUESTION – why in the blazes would anyone who knows God
Do you also KNOW the devil???

:)
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506594 Jan 16, 2014
<quoted text>
More...
Did you know that?
Why do you have morals again? I didn't catch that....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#506595 Jan 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologians separated the word theology from philosophy for the reason of making the word theology seem extremely important and not of this world.
But all theologians are philosophers ... as are you and all of the other preachers of religion on this forum.
Observe how your every sermon is focused on your SELVES being right and others being wrong.
Self ... Saved
Others who disagree ... Lost!
Please inform the rest of the world-universities, academia,scholars,theologians, philosophers, historians, etc that you have it right and all of them have had it wrong for thousands of years.Isnt it great that in the computer world you can create your own rules and facts that do not have to match reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web