Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603240 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506338 Jan 15, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Did someone say wise?!!
For posting in my name on other threads and bringing the fake posts back to this thread, I have decided not to converse with you again.

You might believe you were and are funny in using my name to state what I had no part in stating, but I don't take that issue as being at all funny. I see it as being very underhanded in deed.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506339 Jan 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> No I don't trust you and I don't trust clay now either...
Do you trust your self to believe that what you preach is aligned to the will of the supposed creator???
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#506340 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I will intervene and suggest that Jehovah hasn't any time for either Catholics OR Protestants, as he's still focused on loving ONLY the Jews.
tongue in cheek
God loves all of His children. Even the wiccans like you.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506341 Jan 15, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> I can only tell you what I have researched and read from multiple sources..
The "sources" were all aligned to the Protestant religion ... RIGHT???

I suggest you weren't bragging that literature put in place by Catholics was approved by "God."

That would mean that YOU were wrong and the Catholics were right, and that would never suit your emotional DESIRES now ... WOULD IT???

All preachers play to their selves and hope that others will believe them.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#506342 Jan 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a hard time believing what you said.
You say The Catholic Church accepted Barbarians and Arians into their Church AND allowed them to keep their gods?? Where did you get that info?
And what beliefs are you talking about when you say the CC allows eastern rite Catholics to keep - as long as they don't publicly "teach their beliefs" ?
I see a potential reunion ticks you two off, so I won't talk about it again. I can't wait to see the joint Mass between Francis and Bartholomew in May though. ;-)
You have a hard time believing because you refuse to believe that your church is could have done these things.

Location hidden

#506343 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you trust your self to believe that what you preach is aligned to the will of the supposed creator???
why don't you go on a dating site and find yourself a man....

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506344 Jan 15, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
God loves all of His children.
Especially the ones that you believe he rejects to in turn spend eternity in hell.

You are see-through.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#506345 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course you deem that "God's" thoughts are word for word aligned to YOUR divinely ORDAINED thoughts.
You might not be your best friend ... but I suggest that you are your own advocate in the attitude of "I preach nothing but the truth, so help me God ... and those who disagree with me preach nothing but lies ... so help me God."
:)
NO June you again avoid the issue

You advocate the murder of human beings, individuals, by burning them alive with ACID or dismembering them alive via a vacuum cleaner ripping them apart alive.

I align my thoughts to God's not the other way around.
You try to align the world to yours unfortunately yours are illogical irrational immoral and evil.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#506346 Jan 15, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask any Catholic of that era about Bible Study....and you will get "What is Bible Study??"????
Most of the Catholics of that era that I know are quite familiar with the Bible. That can't happen without studying the Bible.

You're a strong example of someone from that era that may or may not have studied the Bible but clearly doesn't understand it.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#506347 Jan 15, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
ITEM #1 POPE INNOCENT III
Pope Innocent III stated in 1199:
... to be reproved are those who translate into French the Gospels, the letters of Paul, the psalter, etc. They are moved by a certain love of Scripture in order to explain them clandestinely and to preach them to one another. The mysteries of the faith are not to explained rashly to anyone. Usually in fact, they cannot be understood by everyone but only by those who are qualified to understand them with informed intelligence. The depth of the divine Scriptures is such that not only the illiterate and uninitiated have difficulty understanding them, but also the educated and the gifted (Denzinger-Schönmetzer, Enchiridion Symbolorum 770-771)
Hogwash!!!! Christ said: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
And the Bible teaches we are to read dailly the Scripture to see if what we are being told is truth...
"These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so"
So you can read an approved translation to avoid heresy or you can read your own version

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#506348 Jan 15, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> I can only tell you what I have researched and read from multiple sources. You must read the church histor re the barbarian invasions, the Visigoths, Ostrogoths, the Franks, the Arians to be apprised of how the Arians were incorporated into the Western Church.Again you must read some of the Eastern Rite literature to understand their confusion re how they are Catholic and at the same time how they keep some of their Eastern Practices.
Good to see,you..sent a,message but basically we,missed your wisdom

Location hidden

#506349 Jan 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I relayed the message....lol GBu

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506350 Jan 15, 2014
It was always a cinch to mesmerize leaders of government that the gods were alive and willingly involved in human affairs.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Flim-Flam … by James Randi

In 1692 a French dowser named Jacques Aymar was hired by authorities to discover a murderer by swinging a pendulum.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506351 Jan 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you trust in another human's perception as being base on WISDOM, it simply means that the perception aligns with your perception.

After all, you wouldn't want to perceive your SELF as being DUMB ... would you???

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506352 Jan 15, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
NO June you again avoid the issue
You advocate the murder of human beings, individuals, by burning them alive with ACID or dismembering them alive via a vacuum cleaner ripping them apart alive.
I align my thoughts to God's not the other way around.
You try to align the world to yours unfortunately yours are illogical irrational immoral and evil.
So according to your perception, God wants women who have abortions to die from lack of health care ... in back alleys and home-type abortions ... because God believes the women are evil???

You are on quite a TRIP!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506353 Jan 15, 2014
Flim-Flam … by James Randi

The Giggling Guru

Astonishingly enough, the Maharishi, seeing his enrollment figures dropping, unleashed upon the world the outrageous claim that he was offering a special course—to experienced meditators only—that would enable them to perform miracles. And no spike-through-the-tongue or asleep-on-a-bed-of-nails stuff either. Real miracles were promised those who came up with the required sum. Believers were told by the Great Guru that it was within their reach to soar about the skies by power of mind alone, to become invisible at will, and to walk through solid walls. For a mere pittance of $3,000 they were offered lessons in these arts, and the guru himself announced in 1978 on TV (“The Merv Griffin Show”) that he had enrolled some forty thousand students in the course! How many had learned to levitate? Declared the Great Guru:“Thousands!” But this great throng of soaring lotus-eaters has yet to be seen by mere mortals such as myself.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506354 Jan 15, 2014
I simply ignore what devotees in religion believe suits gods.

I want women to have the best health-care available to them when they choose to have abortions. I want them to be able to survive the abortions with the least trauma and health risks possible, so that they can live to enjoy their families and friends as occurred before the abortions.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#506355 Jan 15, 2014
The two words black and white once had interchangeable meanings NOT associated with color. I suggest that the white Christians vilified the word "black" to suit their Christian agenda that black people were not of god, and that anything associated with black was negative.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book—Black Man’s Burden, by John Oliver Killens

The western world deliberately made black the symbol of all that was evil and ugly. Black Friday, Blacklist, Black plague, black look, Blackmail.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#506356 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is quite obvious that you believe you are civilized, and others are not civilized.
It's comparable to the word holy. Some believe they are holy ... at the expense of those they believe are evil.
The word civilized is a dream that lives in your own imagination to prove to your self that you are a giant step ABOVE the NORM.
Hah hah hah...Projection, pastor June!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#506357 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to your perception, God wants women who have abortions to die from lack of health care ... in back alleys and home-type abortions ... because God believes the women are evil???
You are on quite a TRIP!
No June you do, you are the only one here advocating volitional murder of another human being Intentionally.

God advocates sex within the institution of marriage so the child the human being has a mother and father to raise them in a loving relationship.

90%+ of all abortions are single women out of wedlock who chose to have sex contrary to God's advice which is to have it only in a committed marriage relationship. It is because these woman are selfish and looking for instant gratification that they murder the life created inside their wombs.
So they can continue in their sinful casual sexual lifestyles.

If we were to eliminate just the abortions on the basis of inconvenience we eliminate 99% of all abortions. Less than 1 % of abortions are due to rape incest or the threat of the mother's life.

Don't let the facts hit you in the head on the way out of this thread.

You advocate murder of innocent human life you are evil

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Mr Sir 9,679
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 8 hr Passing thru 84,403
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 17 hr Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web