Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591315 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506191 Jan 14, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Because those churches were comprised mostly of ex-catholics.
So the reformers were wrong. Gee, I could've told you that.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#506192 Jan 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The earliest Christians didn't teach the Blessed Trinity. It took 300 years. I presume you believe in the Blessed Trinity. Case closed.
This does not teach the Holy Trinity??? Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506193 Jan 14, 2014
Marge, did Jesus wait until you formed your own home "church" until He revealed to you true Christianity? Can you name anyone in the first 1600 years who got it right?
truth

Perth, Australia

#506194 Jan 14, 2014
Do you liked corupt political rascist doctors or politicians or judges?
They will say they are not that organization..organization as in within yes they are corupt and very coperative destroy anything or anyone include many girls womanns and mothers as well childrens of them.

Hoistory is teacher of life.

When people stop trust corupt nice diploma and leaders its coming revolution unreast and so on..they not serving citizen or any public they are great manipulators but in small numbers they are nobody and nothing..toward public in great numbers.

Great numbers is always great number!
its alwayes stand against small great manipulators does mretter how much they are educated or used power better say abuse power toward many many innocent victims.

rights exist they say..for many not
prove they will say then you will know who they are nobody nothing who and how poorly they try cover up..there they fall who they are..nobody as they think they are something..why is like that

Real God is fast then all of them on corrupt ow-full way..they call them-self organization=system of organization=dirty water. corrupt nice criminals as leaders.

go go go trust them why..as Jesus cry on wide way they lead many
wide way are so destructive..the n why you need trust them with diploma or organization of them.

never trust evil people does meter how much they looks nice or educated..why..
wide way is wide way..weed seed is always weed seed..
Did they liked call them-self like that..no
after all they liked or not its already been describe long time ago 4000 years on front..now 11 000 can be easy calculated ..

Jesus Christ word is infinite!

What your poor leaders say..yes yes yes if we alaud that you can be something..they think if they as they are wrote many evil documents hurt others they are something..nobody nothing from nowhere..000

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#506195 Jan 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't your 21st century protestant denomination resemble in any way the reformation churches?
My statement said,reformation itself took centuries,...not just for you but for us,.

Let's,face it ...at the,time ordinary people,had,no access,outside of the priests,to SCRIPTURE .

This,changed drastically as,more literacy and bibles,proliferated ...especially in the new,world
.children taught to read from bibles,....your own Church is,different in the last 50 years and yes,there is non Catholic influence ...believe it or not .
The evangelical.movement among so called protestants,..has,evolved to the very core of the Great Commision as I sed it anyway .

It's,a,relationship between Jesus,and each person...And we ARE to spread the WORD or aid it's,spread however we can. Today this,is,done by Evangelicals,and yes CATholics ..via,internet ..tv .missionaries,...good works,..word of mouth books,and THE BIBLE ....

Judging from the Catholics,I grew,up with and you folks ..we're you transported back in time to
The middle ages,...You would not feel at all like this,was the Church you love today ..

I know,I would not ...the Church was to be Spiritual ..not bound and allied with Princes....

As I've said many times,I do not hate the RCC ....there is,much HOLY and beAutiful there,and,it's,full of those,who love God,...
But while your pope today is,a,good man ...I do not believe Christ meant for a,papacy ..
Etc .or alliance with kings,..he allowed the Reformation and has,used it for HIS,COMMISION....
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506196 Jan 14, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My statement said,reformation itself took centuries,...not just for you but for us,.
Let's,face it ...at the,time ordinary people,had,no access,outside of the priests,to SCRIPTURE .
This,changed drastically as,more literacy and bibles,proliferated ...especially in the new,world
.children taught to read from bibles,....your own Church is,different in the last 50 years and yes,there is non Catholic influence ...believe it or not .
The evangelical.movement among so called protestants,..has,evolved to the very core of the Great Commision as I sed it anyway .
It's,a,relationship between Jesus,and each person...And we ARE to spread the WORD or aid it's,spread however we can. Today this,is,done by Evangelicals,and yes CATholics ..via,internet ..tv .missionaries,...good works,..word of mouth books,and THE BIBLE ....
Judging from the Catholics,I grew,up with and you folks ..we're you transported back in time to
The middle ages,...You would not feel at all like this,was the Church you love today ..
I know,I would not ...the Church was to be Spiritual ..not bound and allied with Princes....
As I've said many times,I do not hate the RCC ....there is,much HOLY and beAutiful there,and,it's,full of those,who love God,...
But while your pope today is,a,good man ...I do not believe Christ meant for a,papacy ..
Etc .or alliance with kings,..he allowed the Reformation and has,used it for HIS,COMMISION....
The reformers had their own bibles and their own congregations. Why doesn't your modern sect resemble them? Why do you reject so much of what they taught?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#506197 Jan 14, 2014
who="Anthony MN" Marge, did Jesus wait until you formed your own home "church" until He revealed to you true Christianity? Can you name anyone in the first 1600 years who got it right?

----------
Easy. The Apostles, the women who followed them and Jesus, the churches they organized, and we could go on and on...

KayMarie
marge

Ames, IA

#506198 Jan 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So the reformers were wrong. Gee, I could've told you that.
They were wrong because they still holded to some of your unbiblical beliefs, some still do like some lutherens.
truth

Perth, Australia

#506199 Jan 14, 2014
We lived in Australia where poor one people or group leaders as they are don't liked see anyone tell them who they are what they want from rest of others.

rest is rest for request '?'
its very nice see someone who rip off bank but relatives sit on possession discus of future of this country..ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa

Sweet Jesus thank for your cross!
Its very nice to be there and past suffering from not worthy Authority!

see drug dilers criminals war mongers and so on politicians police and judges of them very sad media too..

Sweet Jesus they are some as before people not changing one group come another go.

yes some as thousand years ago before
wide way is wide way
weed seed is weed seed

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#506200 Jan 14, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Your even scared of change, they do very much resemble the reformed sects, you saying they don't is again is another Anthony unsubstantiated accusation.....
But that being said hey take the scripture grow in all truth seriously.
If your sect has not grown in the past 500 years something is seriously wrong.
If you are like luke warm water God will spit you out.
The,early REFORMERS, were Catholics,seeking to REFORM THE RCC...they still believed a,great deal of what they were taught .

Luther had his,own demons ..But had a,revelation in that JESUS paid the price for our sin..
It COuld not be enhanced out ..bought with indulgences ..flagellation did not make up for sin..climb I my holy stairs,on his knees,Luther realized..even his,bloody knees,did not pay for his,sins,...IT IS,FINISHED were not some words,said lightly on the Cross ..

today's,Evangelicals,..the true ones,spread God's,word regardless of affiliation .

And have had access,to SCRIPTURE for centuries,...among th e common men .

Just my opinion.based on a lot of things,.

Do yes the reformation began a,change for all Christians,over centuries,...
LUTHER'S,revelation...the,diss emination of bibles,..literacy and for the,Catholics,actual bible,study and Vatican 2....all began what we,know,today as,Christianity ...

The,spreading of the, WORD ..JESUS,CHRIST to all nations,....as,HE,COMMANDED

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#506201 Jan 14, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I saw the post that CIB made to oxbbore and so I thought I would let him know that all of us agree that oxbore is a heretic, as he said. in fact, I consider oxbore a [Tipesh] as well as Anthony.
and Sera, not my Birthday, that is in Nov. 15 th to be exact, but thanks for the belated of early wishes.lol
I scroll past at least half of the thread ..Lol
Ahhh birthdays,..after 21 who nerds them..yet good if we make it :)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#506202 Jan 14, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan's pretend, son.
And "Ezekile" is believed by many experts to have suffered from mental illness.
Experts? Just what are they "experts" at? Experience has taught me that those that fancy themselves as 'experts" usually know less about a given subject than a person led of the Holy Spirit does.

A person that gives the Holy Spirit credit for all knowledge and revelation knows more than a so called self appointed 'expert' could ever hope to know.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506203 Jan 14, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN" Marge, did Jesus wait until you formed your own home "church" until He revealed to you true Christianity? Can you name anyone in the first 1600 years who got it right?
----------
Easy. The Apostles, the women who followed them and Jesus, the churches they organized, and we could go on and on...
KayMarie
Please do go on. Please give me the names of early Christians after the close of the apostolic age who believed as you do now. Thanks.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506204 Jan 14, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
They were wrong because they still holded to some of your unbiblical beliefs, some still do like some lutherens.
Well thank goodness you're here to set us all straight.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506205 Jan 14, 2014
CIB

"There's a difference between you and I. I, as a Catholic believe in the development of doctrine -- that, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Church can and does come to deeper appreciations of facets in the Deposit of Faith left to us by the Apostles. Jesus promised as much in John 16:13. You, however, believe that the Faith is static -- frozen solidly in the pages of a recorded document....And that this recorded document is all we have. Well, if that's the case, then it necessarily follows that you MUST be able to show that your interpretation of this document is consistent and repeatable for anyone (in whatever age) who reads the Biblical record. Yet, you admit that you cannot show this. Thus, you have no objective standard for your interpretation of the Sacred Scriptures. Thus, how can you say that your interpretation is any better than mine?? You can't. Not with objective certainty. Thus, you follow a religion based on personal opinion -- the very thing condemned in 2 Peter 1:20-21 & 2:1-3. You do not share "one Faith" (Ephesians 4:1-6) with the Christians who came before you. You do not share unity with them....And nor do you care. You are most certainly a relativist."

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num19.htm

Great dialogue here. I suggest you take some time and read it.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#506206 Jan 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ezek 28:13-19 Refers to king of Tyre not the Devil.
You need to read a little closer. for In Ezekiel 28 this king of Tyre is called the anointed cherub that covereth. No mortal man cn be a cherub. Satan was the Cherub referred to in Ezekiel 28.

Why does this chapter confuse so many Bible believers. All you have to do to see who the king opf Tyre is in this chapter is understand that he is called A CHERUB in that chapter.

Are you under the impression that the king of tyre was a cherub?
marge

Ames, IA

#506207 Jan 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Marge, did Jesus wait until you formed your own home "church" until He revealed to you true Christianity? Can you name anyone in the first 1600 years who got it right?
I only believe the Bible has it 'right', and, one must be born-anew and have the Spirit of Jesus to decipher what It says.

Blessings to you Anthony
truth

Perth, Australia

#506208 Jan 14, 2014
let say like this

in matrix is evil so long
as i wrote many times

look yourself don't lose yourself because of me
Why holy scripture say that?
-wide way is wide way
-weed seed is weed seed

Its cost eternity!

Where holy scripture say don't trust and how much as well which person you can trust?

In holy scripture you can find everything others don't wanted find or see or hear it is as it is.
-vanity vanity under sky everything vanity

why all this evil corupt organization 99% victims

o yeee
conomical financial policy as well political power policy who can and who can't..

now

Sweet Jesus on Cross you say
no law exist
no any love
no any mercy

if others say its deference
there are great evil liars as they are

Is that nice describe..no they need sweet jangwidj oho ho who can say against them..
then
please think
What a about Lord and all who is on Cross been with him.
Is that nice screech hands lags body and mind..
is that nice be spit bitten left nowhere
is that nice listen ow-full corrupt judges leaders ministers police and so on..

nooooooooooooooooo

think about that
Why they need 99% victims?
They will start again some things as they are!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#506209 Jan 14, 2014
"Again,
(1) If Sola Scriptura was the recognized rule of faith for ancient Christians, and ...
(2) If these Scriptures are an objective source of truth (i.e. "Evangelical Christianity"), then ...
Then it should be quite easy for Mr. White to point to a Church Father who exhibits the same "orthodox faith" as he himself expresses today.
Yet, are you seriously telling me that Mr. White cannot present ONE PERSON who achieved the same result from reading the Bible as he does??? Not one???:-) Why can Mr. White do this with people living today and not with anyone from the ancient Church???? If Mr. White can point to you or to Bill Webster and say: "He is my fellow Evangelical. He is my co-religious," why can't he do that for one of the Church Fathers, Jason?:-)
...Unless, of course, there isn't anyone in the ancient Church who is a co-religious of Mr. White.:-) Yet, if his position is correct (i.e. that Bible alone is the rule of faith and some ancient Christians subscribed to this), then he MUST be able to point to someone. If he cannot, then it necessarily follows that (a) either no one believed in Sola Scriptura or (b) that Sola Scriptura doesn't work -- that it does not achieve consistent and repeatable results (i.e. a comprehensive orthodox Faith)."
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/num19.htm

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#506210 Jan 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ezek 28:13-19 Refers to king of Tyre not the Devil.
you capable of admitting when you're wrong? In verse 13 it states that this king of Tyre had been in Eden? Now exactly when was he ever in Eden? Satan was in Eden but the Literal king of Tyre was never in eden.

Also in verse 14 he was called the anointed Cherub that covereth. Now when was the King of Tyre ever an anointed Cherub? Satan was a Cherub before he fell but the literal king of Tyre was never.a Cherub. This identifies that this King of Tyre was Satan and only Satan in one of his many names and roles. I say again, are you capable of admitting when you have been proven wrong?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 min Mr Sir 9,425
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 30 min ELIAS IBARRA 26
News Rick Santorum blasts Pope Francis as 'not credi... 2 hr Tazo 1
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... 20 hr L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 20 hr KristoFMYsagun 14
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 22 hr pazuzu 68
News Francis expects short papacy Sun KristoFMYsagun 16
More from around the web