Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695684 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

chuck

Dublin, OH

#506241 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
because I admit I don't know answers, I am pathetic and YOU are not.
:)
lol..that's what I'm telling your friend Gods R Delusions but Mine. You both don't have a clue what the Bible means and because of that you see contradictions.

you're not pathetic, just sad.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#506242 Jan 15, 2014
In other words if you want the 'exact truth' you appeal to the written word.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506243 Jan 15, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN" Marge, did Jesus wait until you formed your own home "church" until He revealed to you true Christianity? Can you name anyone in the first 1600 years who got it right?
----------
Easy. The Apostles, the women who followed them and Jesus, the churches they organized, and we could go on and on...
KayMarie
Don't forget to mention the Jew and Catholic-hater Martin Luther, who started you on your path of self-righteousness in the claims of KNOWING absolute truth.

Of course King James I also had a hand in authorizing the lies on which you base your claims of TRUTH.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506244 Jan 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
Blame the Catholic Church for all the errors and contradictions in the NT.
Blame the Jews for the same in the OT.
Then use the Bible to make up anything you want.
That's the lazy man's way to a new religion.
Create your own holy book, fundies.
All theologians in all religions claimed and claim to this day that they preach the truth from their books.

I suggest that the preachers on this forum couldn't face the day without preaching ... as it IS the preaching that gives them ALL their HIGHS.

Their attitudes are based on the consumption of ... "I KNOW what you don't know ... because 'I' am WISE and you are DUMB!"

They are certain that their favorite bible is their re-source.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

con·sump·tion

noun

noun: consumption

the using up of a resource.

https://www.google.ca/#q=consumption+definiti...
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506245 Jan 15, 2014
The brutality that stemmed from humans while milking the words in those books labeled as holy, ought to make it very plain that the books are not the root of the problems.

The USERS of the words in the books are the problem.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506246 Jan 15, 2014
I refused from day one to use words in a bible to bully others as being on the wrong path while I was on a righteous path.

It made no sense to me ... and it still doesn't make any sense to me.

USERS of words in bibles have been some of the most vicious humans on earth.

If you think about it ... how ludicrous is it to fight and kill each other over who the supposed god favors?

Could ANYTHING be more ludicrous???

I suggest that's the height of stupidity.
Liam

Melrose Park, IL

#506247 Jan 15, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke wrote "so that you may know the exact truth about the things you have been taught.''
So Clay it says the written word is our authority over what someone might have taught us, no?
The only scriptures Luke had was the OT. Yes you can verify Catholicism by referencing the OT. Luke wrote to Theophilus, showing him the topology of the Jewish scriptures flowing into Christianity, so Theo could "know the exact truth" about what he was taught. In order to convert Jews in 50 AD, you absolutely had to show them how the scriptures (OT) were fulfilled by Jesus Christ, otherwise they wouldn't entertain the idea.

He was not endorsing sola scripture. He was not installing "Bible alone" as the new way. This new doctrine was invented 1500 yrs after Luke wrote his letter.
Liam

Melrose Park, IL

#506248 Jan 15, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
http://catholiclegate.com/Apologetics/Scriptu...
Good article here Liam.
All I got was the main page. Could you try it again? Thanks!
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506249 Jan 15, 2014
"God believes just as I believe."

"NO HE DOESN'T. His thoughts are aligned to my thoughts."

"But wait a minute. Weren't we taught that no one knows the mind of God?"

"Yes , but they also told us that the bible teaches us what God believes."

"But if that's true, then we CAN know the mind of God."

"Something seems wrong about what they taught us. Oh well, who cares? Where were we?"

"God sees it my way."

"No He doesn't. It says right her in my book of truth that YOU are wrong and 'I' am right."

"No you are NOT right ... and if you don't listen to me, you are doomed to spend eternity in hell."

"You are the one that will spend eternity in hell. It is written right here in my book of truth."
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506251 Jan 15, 2014
Religion is all about picking your favorite legends and placing complete FAITH in the idea that the legends are true.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Legend of Lilith: Did Adam Have a Wife Before Eve?

According to Jewish folklore, Lilith was the first wife of Adam. However, there seems to be some disagreement about "how" she was made. Some subscribe to the theory that she was made from dust just like Adam. Others believe that she and Adam were twins formed together and then split apart. Either way, Lilith felt herself equal to Adam in every way and refused to be submissive to him.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-legend-lilith-did ...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#506252 Jan 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
All I got was the main page. Could you try it again? Thanks!
Try this;

http://catholic-legate.com/Apologetics/Script...

Or here...

http://catholic-legate.com

Scroll down to "The sola scriptura dance"
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506253 Jan 15, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You both don't have a clue what the Bible means and because of that you see contradictions.
You don't realize that you favor your self, and always assume that how your self perceives the meaning of words is RIGHT.

The fact that Christians killed other Christians over who was right doesn't even send a chill up your spine that something was and is wrong with those who USE the book.

I never used the bible to in turn preach at others ... because my conscience alerted me that I could be a danger to others if I dared to make such a move in that direction.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506254 Jan 15, 2014
Someone, somewhere back in history taught that the gods were offended by homosexuality. And others, through the USE of words picked up on the teaching and began to preach that homosexuals must be put to death for daring to offend the gods.

I suggest such theology is based on a huge lie, that grew and grew as the rumors spread comparable to a city on fire ... and more and more homosexuals were put to flames as evil offenders of gods.

Religion is a danger to all humanity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Buddhism ancient homosexuality

"Sexual Misconduct ...

There are also occasions on which it is unsuitable to have intercourse even with your rightful companion....

3. It is unsuitable to have intercourse in an inappropriate orifice, such as engaging in the manner of animals.

Tsogyal,... As before, the act of sexual misconduct is consummated by means of the four completing aspects, and again there are three types of results.

1. Through the result of ripening you will be reborn in the three lower realms. Even if you do take rebirth in the higher realms, you will have fights with your spouse and so forth.

2. The dominant result is that even in future lives your helpers, spouse, and so forth will be unresponsive and show various acts of ingrattitude.

3. The result corresponding to the cause is that your unwholesome habitual tendencies will cause you to take pleasure in sexual misconduct.

Tsogyal, if you give up these acts and refrain from engaging in them, you will obtain the opposites of their results, so abandoning them is of great importance...."

(Dakini Teachings, pp. 39-40)
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506255 Jan 15, 2014
Had there been no religion, no humans would have been put to death as being targeted as offenders of gods.

And THAT is the truth.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506256 Jan 15, 2014
Beware of words—they are dangerous things. They can change colour like the chameleon, and they return like a boomerang.

Sir William Osler
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#506257 Jan 15, 2014
Theologian ... "As I gaze in my holy-book, I see that I preach truth and you preach nothing but lies. I am full of nothing but the truth ... AS I SEE IT."
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#506258 Jan 15, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
why is that atheists believe the Bible contradicts itself when in reality you just don't understand it.
Just because it's difficult to understand doesn't mean it contradicts itself.
Let me guess, you're like June, been studying the Bible for years.
Not just atheists. You need to think deeper. It's also, deists, agnostics, and anyone of virtually any other religion.

The contradictions are obvious. Anyone can come in after the fact and "explain."

The problem is -- no two explanations are the same. Your "explaining" is different from the Catholic church's "explaining" I'll wager.

Delusions always require "explaining."

If the Bible were indeed written by a god, then it would be self-evident, with no "explaining" required.

How many different "explainings" can you find for this one?

What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?

Before the cock crow - MAT 26:34

Before the cock crow twice - MAR 14:30

A real God like mine would get things like that correct. Your delusional god can't write at the high school level.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506259 Jan 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't realize that you favor your self, and always assume that how your self perceives the meaning of words is RIGHT.
The fact that Christians killed other Christians over who was right doesn't even send a chill up your spine that something was and is wrong with those who USE the book.
I never used the bible to in turn preach at others ... because my conscience alerted me that I could be a danger to others if I dared to make such a move in that direction.
You don't realize that you favor your self, and always assume that how your self perceives the meaning of words is RIGHT - not true..I just don't read God's Word and say look it contradicts itself because I don't understand it...you do.

The fact that Christians killed other Christians - tell me Grams, how do you know the Christians that were killing were true believers...you don't.

I never used the bible to in turn preach at others - the only danger you would be to someone is if you snap and go nuts because you spend your whole day on a public forum.

You're not pathetic, just sad.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#506260 Jan 15, 2014
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions but Mine:....ahhh...ahhhh.. jesus says the rooster will crow twice....ahh....ahh..and over here he says three times...ahhh..ahhh...I don't understand it so it must mean the Bible is contradicting itself.
Yes, thank you. If one verse says once and another says twice, that's called a contradiction.

Except in lala land, where one and two are the same.

I notice you avoid this one also..... slavery and the Civil War.

If your delusional god were more clear regarding slavery, then maybe hundreds of thousands of good Americans would not have died in the Civil War.

Your god is a joker.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#506261 Jan 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just atheists. You need to think deeper. It's also, deists, agnostics, and anyone of virtually any other religion.
The contradictions are obvious. Anyone can come in after the fact and "explain."
The problem is -- no two explanations are the same. Your "explaining" is different from the Catholic church's "explaining" I'll wager.
Delusions always require "explaining."
If the Bible were indeed written by a god, then it would be self-evident, with no "explaining" required.
How many different "explainings" can you find for this one?
What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?
Before the cock crow - MAT 26:34
Before the cock crow twice - MAR 14:30
A real God like mine would get things like that correct. Your delusional god can't write at the high school level.
True believers don't believe the Bible contradicts itself,. Why? Because we study it. We understand the context of what we're reading.

You and your friends think it does contradict itself. why? Because you don't study it, you reject it and if one can't understand it, you cry contradiction. Sorry friend you lose...

Although, I may have it all wrong and you may be right. I was not away God wrote the Bible. huh...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 18 hr Sylvia 10,733
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan '18 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web