Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699333 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Claremont, Australia

#505234 Jan 10, 2014
mi zivimo
u prokleto doba
gdje svak svakog laze
i optuzuje
kako kome odgovara
i na prokleti nacin setira

deceivers and possessors are on place
where right belong to righteousness people

izdavat i podmecat ce vam vlastiti clanovi obitelji i vasi prijatelji

its written
people against people
tribe against tribe
nation against nation
truth

Claremont, Australia

#505235 Jan 10, 2014
Why you attacking people who believe?

What is lost God will find.
Others try destroy as they destroy long time ago many times.

evil upon evil liars upon liars

vrijeme krivikletnika i prokletnika
lupeza i njihovih pismenih farizeja i ulickanih propalih sudaca

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Claremont, Australia

#505236 Jan 10, 2014
others want what is not belong to them

liars and killers

since foundation of this planet exist

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#505237 Jan 10, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well WftL, I don't really know if I can put a finger exactly on why. A long time ago I happened on a local thread, and learned there was all this variety of different threads where people were discussing all kinds of things and ideas, so I skipped around a bit and found it interesting. I met quite a variety of folks, learned and shared a lot of different ideas, views and information....and made some pretty good friends to boot. Now, I'm not particular to any one religion, never really was, but I am interested in the history of the world and science. I have a lot of time and research invested in both, and religions are a major part in it.
I hope that answers your question.
I myself am here for the wine and tasty wafers.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#505238 Jan 10, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to disagree all you like.
Do you have proof that those men were really "fresh out of caves", or are you just making supposition without any viable proof?
If they were "hairy apelike men", "fresh out of caves" how could they have had the mental capacity to even achieve the sophistication of complicated and religious abstract thought required for the doctrines in their own communities, let alone worldwide....and it was worldwide.
All I have is "suppositions." I don't have verifiable proof of anything and neither do you. That is my point in all our discussions. You are fond of giving the impression that you "know" things from history that occurred that I am too stupid to realize was based on fact. I believe as am I, you are simply guessing.

I suggest that lack of scientific comprehension of any type is why they created religion. "We must be bad and that is why we are being punished. Gods are watching us from the sky and they make us suffer when we are bad. We must give them sacrifices to appease their anger ... so we will burn bad humans in the flames and some other animals as well, because we can see that those animals are also evil ... blah, blah, blah."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#505239 Jan 10, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't YOU try reading it for yourself and see how it works out for you?
I have already given you what I interpreted the general context as....Or are you too dumb to comprehend what you have already read at least twice?
If you can't even conclude that I have given an opinion, how could you even understand anything you read and make any sense of it? Even grammar school students are capable of that level of deduction and comprehension.
I have to conclude that you are simply obstinate and stubbornly spiteful.
You have proven that you can read and write, so you must have gotten some form of education.
There is no way a person your age could be so ignorant unless they were suffering dementia of some sort or another.
I suggest you try reading your own post again. You didn't carry on to explain what you believed "Jehovah creating evil meant" after you ADDED the next scripture. You simply insinuated that BY adding the next scripture, it gave you a clear meaning.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Post # 505196 Page # 24394

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll do better than that. One needs to see it in the context of the sentence and verses in which it is contained..
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
What is being related is that everything you know as reality from beginning to end(light and darkness) and experience(peace and evil) as a part of it is created by the creator.
Following text goes on to explain it further, and how to utilize it in a proper understanding and manner.
Taking it as a single and separate idea or meaning is losing the context of the intended meaning or teaching.

My response to Black Thunder

So why "from your self-perceived CLEAR understanding," don't you explain the REAL meaning of the scripture, rather than eluding that YOU know what I don't know ... which is your usual snide put-down???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
What is being related is that everything you know as reality from beginning to end(light and darkness) and experience(peace and evil) as a part of it is created by the creator.
Following text goes on to explain it further, and how to utilize it in a proper understanding and manner.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#505240 Jan 10, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>A little chicken soup and matza balls would do you some good oy!
Would it align my perception to your perception???

Is that what you are "driving at???"
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#505241 Jan 10, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Truth is all I spread, sometimes the truth hurts, sometimes it can really hurt. Being gay is a sin.
I suggest YOU are a sin, and that Jehovah is going to smite you with a bolt of en-"lightening."
I've been checking with my Ouija-board and that's how I KNOW your future.

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#505242 Jan 10, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
"For everything in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--comes not from the Father but from the world."
So ... from your perception the world is evil and the father is pure?

Did you ever ask your self how, or even WHY a father of decent character would create an evil world, where suffering of "all forms of life" occurs night and day without stop?

I suggest that religion was created to put fear of punishment from the gods into mentalities .... and unfortunately the theologians succeeded ... BIG TIME.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#505243 Jan 10, 2014
marge wrote:
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
I suggest that your mind is conformed to your religion, and that all religion was man-created, and IS of this world.
truth

Claremont, Australia

#505244 Jan 10, 2014
fallen one first coming
why your pride become first

not me or my

be good
heftiness and pride coming first
o yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

tears
i am talking in name hardship not-understanding
Cross tears
is that what disturb you

byyyyyyyyyyy
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#505245 Jan 10, 2014
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
it's more than a sin, it's an abomination!
I never trusted words in a bible, so I am free to believe that homosexuals are normal mortal humans that deserve to be treated how I, as a heterosexual, want to be treated.

I didn't and don't allow religion to deaden my conscience of what I believe is how to treat other humans.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#505246 Jan 10, 2014
I suggest that until people choose to leave their religions behind ... they will keep using what they believe are words from "holy books" to point at other humans as evil and to "possess" all the "credits" of holiness for the self.

From my perspective, religion is NOT good.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#505247 Jan 10, 2014
All religious preacher put their own spins on words, and then try in vain to convince others that a god inspired them to preach.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Is God Pure, Good, Loving and Fair?

If so, then where does evil, hatred and injustice
come from?

Allah tells us He is Pure, Loving, and absolutely Just in every respect. He says He is the Best of Judges. He also tells us the life we are in here is a test. He has created everything existing and He created whatever happens as well. There is nothing in this existence except what He has created. He also says in the Quran He created evil (although He is not evil). He is using this as one of the many tests for us.

http://www.godallah.com/evil.php
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#505248 Jan 10, 2014
G-d is the Creator of Everything

Everything in the universe was created by G-d and only by G-d. Judaism completely rejects the dualistic notion that evil was created by Satan or some other deity. All comes from G-d. As Isaiah said , "I am the L-rd, and there is none else. I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create evil. I am the L-rd, that does all these things." (Is. 45:6-7).

http://www.jewfaq.org/g-d.htm
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#505249 Jan 10, 2014
In the Hindu tradition the problem of evil is phrased as the Problem of Injustice. This problem can be considered in the following manner:

God is Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Just. Yet injustice is observed to persist in the world. How is this possible?

In the Advaita school of Vedanta, this problem is dealt with in detail by Sankara in his commentary on the Brahma Sutras, 2.1.34-36:
Brahma Sutra 2.1.34: "No partiality and cruelty (can be charged against God) because of (His) taking other factors into consideration."Sankara's commentary explains that God cannot be charged with partiality or cruelty (i.e. injustice) on account of his taking the factors of virtuous and vicious actions (Karma) performed by an individual in previous lives. If an individual experiences pleasure or pain in this life, it is due to virtuous or vicious action (Karma) done by that individual in a past life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil_...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#505250 Jan 10, 2014
THEDAILYENLIGHTENMENT.COM

The Buddha put up another irrefutable argument. He said,‘If there is a great creator who is also just and kind, why are there so many instances of injustice?’ Lord Buddha said,‘Could he, who has eyes, tolerate such an awful plight? Why does Brahma not ameliorate his creation? If he is almighty and cannot by stopped by anyone, why does he not use his hands to perform propitious deeds? Why is his creation suffering as it is? Why does falsehood prevail over truth? I consider your God unjust, who created this world only to shelter injustice.’ The Buddha said,‘If an almighty God permeates all the creatures and makes them happy or unhappy, and makes them do right or wrong, then such a God is also tainted with sin; and either man is not under God’s command or God is not just and good, or God is blind.’…

http://thedailyenlightenment.com/2012/07/the-...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#505251 Jan 10, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> May I ask you a question? What's your purpose on being on here?
Why don't you ask June that same question??

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#505252 Jan 10, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest YOU are a sin, and that Jehovah is going to smite you with a bolt of en-"lightening."
I've been checking with my Ouija-board and that's how I KNOW your future.
:)
Ouija board? Well now that explains everything..
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#505253 Jan 10, 2014
When theologians taught humans that the gods were all powerful, that created extreme fear of the supposed gods, and the humans went about trying to appease the gods, which was impossible, as the theologians kept on adding more and more sins to the equation of why the gods were angry.

I suggest that is why so many humans ... even members of clergy ... committed suicide. They reckoned that there was no way of pleasing the angry, judgmental gods, and so they might as well end their lives and go straight to the burning hells ... which from what I have studied, were in all the ancient religions.

Religion drove many people insane with fear of condemnation from the gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Naraka (nar a ka). In Hindu mythology and Buddhism, the place of torture for departed evil-doers. It consist of many kinds of hells, hot and cold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43