Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650822 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#504997 Jan 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me Great Chief Who Sit on Rock with Tail Feather Hanging over Edge, who is calling who vipers......Quote: Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
OK, I get it. I am going to be tortured for all eternity by your imaginary, angry little god, all because I don't call people names here as you do.

Do you know what the term "projecting" means?

Here's a hint.

If you get angry, then your god just happens to get angry for the same reason.

Get it yet? You have created an imaginary, foolish god in your own image.

The creator of everything is your good buddy and he/she doesn't like me. I guess the whining and name-calling is because your god wimpy god has a sore throat

WAAAAAAAAAHAHA

Orlando, FL

#504998 Jan 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no contradictions in God's Sacred Word....it tells us why people say there are some:
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
The reason for this board is because there are NO contradictions in the Bible, so everyone is able to agree.

LMAO, are you drooling as you post?

Orlando, FL

#504999 Jan 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no contradictions in God's Sacred Word....it tells us why people say there are some:
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
I get it now. YOU are "spiritually discerned."

I can see that in your posts - the name-calling, etc.

(hahahaha)
Liam

Detroit, MI

#505000 Jan 8, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% a Pharisee as they could not believe God would reveal his truth in a carpenter's son from Galilee. You the spitting image, they too believed as you do, they thought for sure the Messiah would be one of them of the Sanderin.
Again your ranting and raving that it can't be is you avoiding the pages of verifiable factual biblical evidence presented to you.
So Sad the little Pharisee all caught up in his pride Waw Waw but facts are facts I really could care less if you don't want them to be true or your pride thinks there impossible they are still the facts
Truth matters not your Blah Blah Blah posts.
The truth does matter. Thats why Jesus Christ wouldn't have waited until 1452 to publish the truth. Your on meth if you think people like you had access to a Bible before it was mass- printed. Nobody had it on their night stands..they went to Sunday Mass and heard the Gospel in a Catholic Church. The word of God was safeguarded thru the Church. You say they fell into apostasy because of the Roman Church and then the Bible had to be published so people like Luther, Calvin, Wesley and you could set everyone straight again?? That's called "conspiracy Christianity". Its a fantasy. How do you justify it? You pretend the Catholic Church murdered billions. Nice. Well, they did have a period of scoundrel Popes. But they did nothing to alter the word of God because they couldn't. They died and met their unpleasant fate. Meanwhile, people like Saint Francis of Assis were still proclaiming the truth.
If salvation is really that important. And knowing the truth is essential to getting there, then it couldn't have gone down like you claim. There had to be a clear, visible articulation of the truth. I believe the Catholic Church in the east and west accomplished this feat despite a period where the Devil brought down a few Popes. The Church survived. Jesus never promised that only perfect men would govern His Church here on earth. Nor did He remove free will, sin, and sinful impulses from the clergy.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#505001 Jan 8, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
The "truth" that you see is almost certainly based on how you were raised throughout childhood.
For example...
I predict you were raised in a Protestant home by Protestants, and NOT by Catholic, Hindu, Jew, or Muslim parents.
Am I correct? There's an 80% to 90% chance that I am.
Isn't that amazing how I can tell what religion your parents are or were?
How do you think I knew that?
Thge answer is easy. Your feeble, immoral gods are very predictable.
wrong - i was raised in an atheistic household with a religious/superstitious pretense of both a syrian orthodox and catholic church affiliation, which i renounced when i miraculously got born again at the age of 21 after hearing the Gospel of Jesus Christ from a missionary to mexico.

what's your excuse for being a gaytheistic hypocrite?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#505002 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
The Bible is full of contradictions.
Some Christians read the Bible and say yes, God created everything, including evil.
Others like you spin and twist. Every generation believes something different.
If what I just posted isn't true, you wouldn't be so angry as to call others names here - very unChristian like, don't you think?
June is eating your lunch and you are angry. You have the answers to what god wants, and no one cares. How upsetting that must be. Waaaaaaa
Evil is not a thing its an action dumb dumb wink wink
Evil is getting something at the expense of someone else getting good.

Food is good created but stealing it which is an act from a baby so you can eat and the Baby does not is evil.

Its so hard dealing with such uneducated people, its not so suprisineg with those below the 49 but June's from Canada and has no excuse.

NO angry here partner nice try, you and liam birds of a feather always ingnoring the facts presented to you and of one the personal character attacks.

Thanks for that nice to know my logic can't be debunked so you start on the messenger.

Simple folk simple tactics.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#505003 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Agreed, that was a little over the top, but the Vatican made an agreement that kept the money flowing to Rome, and which it never renounced.
It really is hard to imagine any true "vicar of Christ" being so cooperative with Hitler early on.
It's hard to imagine any true "vicar of Christ" singing the praises of Bonito Mussolini.
Every shred of my humanity tells me it's impossible that the god portrayed as Jesus would ever make nice with Hitler or Mussolini - directly or through his appointed vicar.
But at least we agree on the other 95% of man's religious dogma.
Cheers
Gods R Delusions

Peace

Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's...Czar, Dictator, earthly power....

I try not to put myself in the place of another in the history of things, as I have enough faults of my own to deal with God....

The tension between religious, political, and the military-industrial complex leaves me untrusting in them all to some degree....

It is preferable to trust in God.

Peace

Location hidden

#505004 Jan 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of protestors through the centuries were Catholics as was Martin Luther, and his break-away followers ... and the popes had no problems whatsoever putting those any Catholics that tried to start their own break-away religions to death.
Hitler knew his Catholic history much better than you know your Catholic history.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Mein Kampf … Adolf Hitler … Published 1939.
Pg. 146 down
Why, it was necessary only to make Church history popular. He would have films made. Looking at them the German people would see how the clergy had exploited them, lived off them. How they had sucked the money out of the country.
June

Peace

I am not sure, but are you saying you agree with Hitler on religion?

It is obvious that not every word he spoke would be a lie, but I consider him no more than any other clever politician. Unfortunately, he led the world into war. But isn't that what politicians do? In the U.S., we have so many wars of varying magnitude going on, it is hard to keep track, and who says what, and why....on and on....

Peace
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#505005 Jan 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth does matter. Thats why Jesus Christ wouldn't have waited until 1452 to publish the truth. Your on meth if you think people like you had access to a Bible before it was mass- printed. Nobody had it on their night stands..they went to Sunday Mass and heard the Gospel in a Catholic Church. The word of God was safeguarded thru the Church. You say they fell into apostasy because of the Roman Church and then the Bible had to be published so people like Luther, Calvin, Wesley and you could set everyone straight again?? That's called "conspiracy Christianity". Its a fantasy. How do you justify it? You pretend the Catholic Church murdered billions. Nice. Well, they did have a period of scoundrel Popes. But they did nothing to alter the word of God because they couldn't. They died and met their unpleasant fate. Meanwhile, people like Saint Francis of Assis were still proclaiming the truth.
If salvation is really that important. And knowing the truth is essential to getting there, then it couldn't have gone down like you claim. There had to be a clear, visible articulation of the truth. I believe the Catholic Church in the east and west accomplished this feat despite a period where the Devil brought down a few Popes. The Church survived. Jesus never promised that only perfect men would govern His Church here on earth. Nor did He remove free will, sin, and sinful impulses from the clergy.
Your very confused Liam

You might want to take your medication now.

I have never said the RCC is apostate or any one else, the LDS yes but not I.

Not Billions dumb dumb Millions thats 3 zeros less in case you are wondering.

My Bible is the same as the 2nd Century church whats your fixation with 1542.

My Bible uses over 7000+ ancient manusrcpts of the Bible plus the early church Fathers writings where they literally quote 98% of the NT as scripture. So what the heck is problem sunshine cat got your eye balls?

Yes the Bible was safe guarded by God through his Spirit by using his Church the Body of believers all over the world.

Where your confusion comes in is you think the RCC is the Church when all its just a want to be sect that has more problems than it does good things going for it right now.

42 Popes enforced the Inquistions for 400+ years via Papal bull and decree, Millions upon Millions murdered from the new world to Europe. Torture confiscation of private property all to fill and build palaces and party in Rome. All done with Domicans and Jesuit Priests swing the Sword to keep it going. Papal Armies the size europe has never seen since.

Any some how all you RC's think this is in the Spirit of Peter the Apostle when it contradicts every biblical teaching Jesus ever gave.

You will be held to account for your willful acts of denial.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#505006 Jan 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that religion does not give us a healthy self-image ... but rather it gives us images that we are the "worst" part of a universal plan that has to in turn be FIXED by ... of course ... the words of theologians.
Until we take back our own self-worth of being whole just as we are, we are missing the feeling of being well and nourished by our own self investment.
I am offended by the idea that I have to support a religion in order to be acceptable to myself.
I am the link to me, and no longer will I give my power of thought over to those who are as human as am I ... but in their arrogant frames of mentality believe their religion makes them superior to me.
:)

Location hidden

#505007 Jan 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm consumed from what I've studied with the harm religion has plied everywhere it infested itself into the mindsets of humans all over the world.
When you were an Atheist, you didn't take advise that YOU should walk away from YOUR Atheism ... but now you want to look down on me as though I am wrong and you are right.
You are quite the double-talker.
Note when you were an Atheist, you omitted to add your phony PEACE-symbol. I suggest that was a nice change.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings June
It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....
Robert
June

Yes, you are more than consumed, you are adrift in a small boat on a stormy sea, with the winds howling....Been there. Done that.

I don't know, but it seems you are irked by my betrayal of atheism. I left it behind, as I did all else, to serve wherever I go, God's Will.

If that service through Jesus Christ gives me peace, then why deny me that peace. Nor what it brings to others?

Location hidden

#505008 Jan 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perception, you are a double-talking fraud, that I suggest the church-fathers would have burned at the stake.
Back in the day, you would have had to go out and kill some Jews before you would have had any respect from the FATHERS.
June

You may not know how many of my direct or indirect ancestors were killed, and burned at the stake....However, most of my ancestors came over early here to the U.S..., perhaps for that reason, and others.....
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#505009 Jan 8, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Your very confused Liam
You might want to take your medication now.
I have never said the RCC is apostate or any one else, the LDS yes but not I.
Not Billions dumb dumb Millions thats 3 zeros less in case you are wondering.
My Bible is the same as the 2nd Century church whats your fixation with 1542.
My Bible uses over 7000+ ancient manusrcpts of the Bible plus the early church Fathers writings where they literally quote 98% of the NT as scripture. So what the heck is problem sunshine cat got your eye balls?
Yes the Bible was safe guarded by God through his Spirit by using his Church the Body of believers all over the world.
Where your confusion comes in is you think the RCC is the Church when all its just a want to be sect that has more problems than it does good things going for it right now.
42 Popes enforced the Inquistions for 400+ years via Papal bull and decree, Millions upon Millions murdered from the new world to Europe. Torture confiscation of private property all to fill and build palaces and party in Rome. All done with Domicans and Jesuit Priests swing the Sword to keep it going. Papal Armies the size europe has never seen since.
Any some how all you RC's think this is in the Spirit of Peter the Apostle when it contradicts every biblical teaching Jesus ever gave.
You will be held to account for your willful acts of denial.
Blah Blah. "Millions upon millions" Blah Blah. Millions or billions, You're still a liar.

Who cares if your Bible is the same as the second century Church. You teach different than them. Either you or them are guilty of changing the word of God. I'm sticking with them.
For a reality check, you're on crack if you think the Bible was made available to everyone BEFORE it was printed in 1452.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#505010 Jan 8, 2014
That 'God of Delusions' fellow from Gay Bay CA. does have the right to make such arguements as this is a country founded on free speech,even if he's nuts.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#505011 Jan 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah Blah. "Millions upon millions" Blah Blah. Millions or billions, You're still a liar.
Who cares if your Bible is the same as the second century Church. You teach different than them. Either you or them are guilty of changing the word of God. I'm sticking with them.
For a reality check, you're on crack if you think the Bible was made available to everyone BEFORE it was printed in 1452.
Lol its got that bad for you that you can't refute evidence I produce for what I do think you now have have to make insults about me that would apply for what I might think. LOL ROFL

You have now entered the relam of a complete loser when it comes to debating.

Again whats with 1452 fixation?

There were10s of 1000s copies of the NT and OT books all over Europe kept in sercet so the RCC priests would not burn the holders of them at the stake for having non latin copies.
There were are literally thousands of Greek copies in the East and believers from all regions from 1st century AD till today who memorized them and made copies and they were lead and empowered by the Spirit to do so. It is God who preserves his word not man so he can not boast.

Men who boast they do and there sects do have never met the Holy Spirit or truly understand God is independent of us but we depend on him.

My apologies I assumed I was talking to someone who had encountered the Spirit and been filled with him.

You are still however with out excuse.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#505012 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
OK, I get it. I am going to be tortured for all eternity by your imaginary, angry little god, all because I don't call people names here as you do.
Do you know what the term "projecting" means?
Here's a hint.
If you get angry, then your god just happens to get angry for the same reason.
Get it yet? You have created an imaginary, foolish god in your own image.
The creator of everything is your good buddy and he/she doesn't like me. I guess the whining and name-calling is because your god wimpy god has a sore throat
WAAAAAAAAAHAHA
Why do you not answer my question?? Tell me Great Chief Who Sit on Rock with Tail Feather Hanging over Edge, who is calling who vipers......Quote: Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Location hidden

#505013 Jan 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right!!!! Catholics have been known to burn people to the stake for reading the Bible...it was taboo....otherwise, people would see early on that the Catholics were not following the Word of God...when I was taught Catechism, I was told not to read the Bible because it would drive me crazy.....I was told to listen to the priest because he attended school for seven years to learn what it says....

BTW...why reading the Bible did not make crazy the priest was never explained to me!!!!!

Location hidden

#505014 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
The reason for this board is because there are NO contradictions in the Bible, so everyone is able to agree.
LMAO, are you drooling as you post?

Location hidden

#505015 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
I get it now. YOU are "spiritually discerned."
I can see that in your posts - the name-calling, etc.
(hahahaha)
You just gave a perfect example of what the Bible says. I am not spiritually discerned....the things of the Spirit of God are!!!!!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#505016 Jan 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no physical proof concerning the existence of gods or saviors, and that is what we are discussing.
For years there have been rumors of Noah's ark being spotted, and then when that rumor dies down, another one about some biblical jargon being proved pops up and blah, blah, blah.
I don't believe any of those rumors ... such as Jesus' empty tomb. It's empty because there was never a body in it in the first place.
Nonsensical drivel.
I'm not asking you to believe Noah's ark being found or the empty tomb, just what I presented to you that does exist in the above post. It does exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web