Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681754 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#504962 Jan 8, 2014
Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul.

Robert Anton Wilson
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#504963 Jan 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestants were as vile as were the Catholics.
Your Protestant indulgence is making it plain that you only tell the part of the religious story that aligns with your own desires.
Still being Evil June oh well

If you keep stirring the shit June the only one you will get it on is yourself if it has not happened already.

SMILE:)
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#504964 Jan 8, 2014
Vincenzo was a Jesuit.
>>>>>>> >>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

As a general principle, it is never permissible to kill oneself, except as a divine command.

Vincenzo Filliucci (Fillucius) Moralium quaestionum (1626)

“PhD Math ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#504965 Jan 8, 2014
uncleweirdnoise wrote:
The Bible is clear as to women's role in the Church.
<quoted text>
Women might teach good but GOD tells them specifically where their place is in Church. Don't be whammin' me with scrub tubes.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#504966 Jan 8, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus showed up in your room tonight and manifested himself and told you the RCC is in error you would simply dismiss him as a 1st century radical nut job because you worship a man made sect and love it more than truth.
It does not matter who or what evidence I post to an ignorant bigot such as yourself you refuse to debate in good faith.
Once again it is personal attacks, never do you address the content of my posts or anyone else. You simply dismiss them on childish grounds, its from 18th century or protestant like some how that proves your assertion.
How is one to make a good argument from history if one does not quote historians from all of history who have looked at the issue.
It does not go unnoticed that the quotes from Cyril Jerome etc you do not even attempt to refute.
Again the evidence is overwhelming the RCC does not deny the Inquisitions or the formation of a specific Priesthood to carry them out.
Oh they will argue as John Paul 2 did about the numbers killed or who actually did the killing but never does the RCC deny it happened or who implemented the Inquisitions.
Yet that's the point how can a Sect claim to be the one true church when 42 Popes over 400+ years maintained a practice of Inquisition, the torture murder and confiscation of property from non believers when this completely contradicts the NT teachings of Jesus and the Apostles.
You can't be the one your RCC history says so.
Period. Its the TRUTH its fact and the quicker you accept it, stop the personal attacks the sooner you can have the freedom the truth brings.
Stay a Pharisee that is your choice, you want your pride so be it.
But you are fooling only yourself sunshine.
Look, you can't have the so-called "RC" being the true Church, that's why you subscribe to anything out there that portrays them in a negative light.
"The Catholic Church in Rome" needs to be shown as a barbaric empire.
The fact is, sola scripture is impossible. There is no way the Lord would have revealed His truth in that manner. There are way too many problems with the idea of sola scripture. So...... That leaves you two options: The Catholic Church or the Orthodox. If you can't utter "Roman Catholic". Try Syrian, Byzantine, Maronite or some other rite. Your not Ukrainian, but I bet they'd baptize you in their Church. Otherwise, try Orthodox. At least you'll have the 'word of God' given in the Sacraments as well as a wonderful liturgical Mass.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#504967 Jan 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Hitler had no respect for the Catholic church. As he had witnessed the Catholic clergy bullying others all his life ... Hitler also learned at the hands of the masters of bullying ... HOW to be a professional bully.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Mein Kampf … Adolf Hitler … Published 1939.
Pg. 146 down
We possess Authentic records of Chancellor Hitler's private views of the religious situation. One of these may be cited in part:'Hitler said concerning Catholic opposition, especially in Bavaria, that its fomentors were wasting their time. They might as well stop pipe-dreaming. He would not follow the example of Bismark. He was a Catholic. Providence had arranged that. Bismarck had failed because he had been a Protestant - and Protestants have no conception of what the Catholic Church is. The important thing was to sense what people felt in religious matters and what endeared the Church to them. If the clerical caste would not disappear voluntarily, he would direct propaganda against the Church until people would be unable to hide their disgust when the word 'Church' was mentioned. Why, it was necessary only to make Church history popular. He would have films made. Looking at them the German people would see how the clergy had exploited them, lived off them. How they had sucked the money out of the country. How they had worked hand in glove with the Jews, how they had practiced immoral vice, how they had spread lies. These films would be so interesting that everybody would itch to see them. He would make the clergy ridiculous. He would expose all the tangled mass of corruption, selfishness and deceit of which they had been guilty. Let the bourgeoisie tear its hair. He would have the youth and the people on his side. He would guarantee that if he set his mind to it, he could destroy the Church in a few years. The whole institution was just a hollow shell. One good kick, and it would tumble together in a heap.'
Protestants and secularists saved Catholics again -- this time in Germany, Austria, and Italy -- from growing up as good little NAZIs..

Yet the Vatican held onto its gains after the war. The Vatican Bank and statehood for example.

So much for that morality thing.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#504968 Jan 8, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already been over this, goofy.
A thief does not get to be the arbiter of what theft is.
To quote the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's policy on plagiarism:
<quoted text>
http://writing.mit.edu/wcc/avoidingplagiarism
The lie is in the omission.
But I don't care whether you respond or not.
You've already made a fool of yourself denying what's painfully obvious to just about everyone else.
And that's a hoot.
As I said.....stuff it....
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#504969 Jan 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said.....stuff it....
Angry thief.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#504971 Jan 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, you can't have the so-called "RC" being the true Church, that's why you subscribe to anything out there that portrays them in a negative light.
"The Catholic Church in Rome" needs to be shown as a barbaric empire.
The fact is, sola scripture is impossible. There is no way the Lord would have revealed His truth in that manner. There are way too many problems with the idea of sola scripture. So...... That leaves you two options: The Catholic Church or the Orthodox. If you can't utter "Roman Catholic". Try Syrian, Byzantine, Maronite or some other rite. Your not Ukrainian, but I bet they'd baptize you in their Church. Otherwise, try Orthodox. At least you'll have the 'word of God' given in the Sacraments as well as a wonderful liturgical Mass.
You are 100% a Pharisee as they could not believe God would reveal his truth in a carpenter's son from Galilee. You the spitting image, they too believed as you do, they thought for sure the Messiah would be one of them of the Sanderin.

Again your ranting and raving that it can't be is you avoiding the pages of verifiable factual biblical evidence presented to you.

So Sad the little Pharisee all caught up in his pride Waw Waw but facts are facts I really could care less if you don't want them to be true or your pride thinks there impossible they are still the facts

Truth matters not your Blah Blah Blah posts.
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#504972 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Still being Evil June oh well
If you keep stirring the shit June the only one you will get it on is yourself if it has not happened already.
SMILE:)
Do you believe that within your theological perspective that "Jesus perceives" that Catholics are evil servants of the devil, and that Protestants are holy servants of "God?"
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#504973 Jan 8, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants and secularists saved Catholics again -- this time in Germany, Austria, and Italy -- from growing up as good little NAZIs..
Yet the Vatican held onto its gains after the war. The Vatican Bank and statehood for example.
So much for that morality thing.
If the laws complied with religion as occurred in days of old, I suggest that all the religious factions would be killing each other off as heretics and infidels, et-cetera.

Protestants also aimed to make their religion a world religion, just as did the Catholics and the early Jews.

Religion is NOT good, as it is based on arrogance! "Mine is holy and yours is evil."
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#504974 Jan 8, 2014
And the Muslims also aim to make their religion a world religion.

All preachers or the Abrahamic religion are certain that their religious thoughts stem from the divine holy element of the creator.

Yet, the scripture clearly states that Jehovah created good AND evil.

"I'll take all the holy-stuffings to feed my brain-cells," says the preacher, "and I will foist all the evil-stuffings into your brain-cells. And from my perspective, that is FAIR."
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#504975 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
You are 100% a Pharisee as they could not believe God would reveal his truth in a carpenter's son from Galilee. You the spitting image, they too believed as you do, they thought for sure the Messiah would be one of them of the Sanderin.
Again your ranting and raving that it can't be is you avoiding the pages of verifiable factual biblical evidence presented to you.
So Sad the little Pharisee all caught up in his pride Waw Waw but facts are facts I really could care less if you don't want them to be true or your pride thinks there impossible they are still the facts
Truth matters not your Blah Blah Blah posts.
From your theological perspective, do you believe that Jesus converted directly from Judaism to Protestantism by skipping right over the Catholics ... who, by the way, compiled all the data in the new testament???
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#504976 Jan 8, 2014
I suggest that if Jesus just happens to be alive in spirit-form ... he is taking intensive therapy from either a Protestant or a Catholic therapist, or both.

The Jews never believed that he was worth the effort, and if I was a Jew, I would feel the same.

Tongue in cheek
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#504977 Jan 8, 2014
Wacky theology

Jesus ... "I can't figure out how I came to work in Catholic confessionals."

Martin Luther ... "You didn't! You came to support the Protestant religion."

Jesus ... "But back when you were a monk you told me I supported the Catholic religion."

Martin Luther ... "Well, I changed your mind."

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#504978 Jan 8, 2014
roman catholics are such superstitious and gullible sops - they'll believe anything a man wearing a robe and silly hat tells them too!

Location hidden

#504979 Jan 8, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
How to become a member of the Church of Christ.
&#9726;Hear the Gospel.“How shall they call on him whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe him whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?”(Romans 10:14).
&#9726;Believe.“And without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him”(Hebrews 11:6).
&#9726;Repent of past sins.“The times of ignorance therefore God overlooked; but now he commandeth men that they should all everywhere repent”(Acts 17:30).
&#9726;Confess Jesus as Lord.“Behold here is water; What doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, if thou believeth with all thy heart thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God”(Acts 8:36-37).
&#9726;Be baptized for the remission of sins.“And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto the remission of your sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit”(Acts 2:38).
&#9726;Live a Christian life.“Ye are an elect race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, that ye may show forth the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light”(1 Peter 2:9).
This has nothing to do with your falsehood...your Church of Christ is not supported by Scripture:“And without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him”(Hebrews 11:6)."

This reward is not referred to our merits, but to the free promise, as Paul teaches in Abraham the father of all the faithful, Ro 4:4.Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Location hidden

#504980 Jan 8, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Angry thief.
Lying Snake.

Orlando, FL

#504981 Jan 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
roman catholics are such superstitious and gullible sops - they'll believe anything a man wearing a robe and silly hat tells them too!
Then why not create your own Holy Book?

Or, maybe ask Jesus for your own, updated Holy Book?

If your religion weren't a delusion, that might make sense.

"Ask and you shall receive." ??? No way goofy!

OK, have faith and try this prayer.

Dear Jesus, please end the confusion and drop us a new Holy Book so those evil Catholics will STFU. Amen.

That should do it. hahahahaha

Orlando, FL

#504982 Jan 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying Snake.
"Angry thief...."

"Lying Snake...."

Christianity at work.

Every day, June is proven correct - about all religions except mine.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web