Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653677 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#504795 Jan 7, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader
Peace
Nice come back....
Keep your pennies for now, but you will pay the piper in the end for his song....
Stay honest.
Peace
The Holy Spirit is the "piper"?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#504796 Jan 7, 2014
Catholics are taught that John Chrysostom was a man with upstanding morals.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Chrysostom's theological importance

Chrysostom as orator

But the frequent outbursts of applause among his congregation may have told Chrysostom that he was on the right path.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08452b.htm

Quesnel, Canada

#504797 Jan 7, 2014
The "righteous" path is always perceived as the path that the religious preacher is on. Yet the path can and often has been inclined to take a different course by the preacher changing his own will.

Martin Luther proved that theory to be correct.

One day he perceived his self as a holy monk on the heavenly path ... and then he changed his path to believe he was still on the one and only heavenly path to star-dumb in GOD's kingdom, while Catholics had suddenly in Luther's mind become evil followers of the devil.

I suggest we must never trust belief to have a dependable foundation.

Quesnel, Canada

#504798 Jan 7, 2014
Our very own Robert F is another example of self-perceived morality.

He believed he was a moral Protestant ... then he believed he was a moral Catholic ... then he believed he was a moral Atheist ... and now he believes he is a moral Catholic. His view of his upstanding morality seems to follow him no matter where his imagination goes.

As humans, we are the only creatures on earth that have such debilitating mental problems.

Quesnel, Canada

#504799 Jan 7, 2014
Protestants found it very easy to follow Martin Luther ... as they were totally fed up with the Catholic hierarchy.

So they went about making their own rules of ... for instance ... hating the Jews in the belief that the faithful Jews killed Jesus ... which had it actually happened, I suggest they would have had every right to want such a traitor to Judaism to be dead and done away with.

Then the Protestants also were certain they had interpreted the words from the "good book" and with glee went about dictating into LAW the death penalty for countless offenses against the supposed god.

Homosexuals suffered some of the worst tortures by the Protestants, which the Protestants caught from the Catholics as being done by the approval of GOD!

For shame that religion is held in HONOR! I suggest It has no RIGHT to pat itself on the back for being good!

No right whatsoever!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#504800 Jan 7, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
The above is from below,
To go with 20 million + is a very conservative number if one studies the evidence at hand.
BUT THE FACTS THAT ROME DOES NOT DENY IS THIS.
Rome Instituted the Inquisitions. VIA PAPAL BULL.
It was condoned by 41 subsequent popes for 400+ years
It killed thousands according Rome but in fact millions
She instituted a priesthood called the Jesuits to implement it.
Even created a manual on how to torture the non believer
confiscated in today dollars billions from none believers to fill its coffers
THIS IS NOT ONE ROUGE POPE This is 42 popes all claiming to be an Apostle of God in the lineage of Peter.
It is beyond reason logic and plausibility to believe the RCC is the one true yadda yadda in light of this evidence.
you can argue 10 million or 100 million over 400+ years its here nor there even if it was 500 000 and the evidence shows it was much much more than this, but even if was that is enough to know the RCC and her Pope are not embodiment of the one true church and not the one true church it contradicts the biblical account of the Apostles and the teachings of early church father who were 100% pacifists.
I know these truths blow the RCC paradigm out of the water but the facts are facts you deal with as you chose but you will give an account for your actions and pleading ignorance will not cut it.
Estimates of the Number Killed by the Papacy in the Middle Ages and later
David A. Plaisted © 2006
Introduction
For two or three centuries, many Protestants have given figures concerning the total number of people killed directly or indirectly by the Papacy during the Middle Ages. The numbers given include 50 million, 68 million, 100 million, 120 million, and 150 million. Roman Catholics typically give much smaller numbers.
You can Google the above to get the link.
I have e copy
You say that the RCC doesn't do as the bible says, and you're exactly right. Why people can't see that puzzles me because it's not difficult to notice that the RCC does nothing the bible says at all.

Quesnel, Canada

#504801 Jan 7, 2014
John Calvin,(1509-1564) through his own laws, used his bible with a vengeance in putting "offenders of the supposed 'god'" to death.

I suggest that he was a man full of hate that should been locked away where his big mouth and USE of his bible, could do no more harm.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

John Calvin

A Response To Questions and Objections of a Certain Jew

Their [the Jews] rotten and unbending stiffneckedness deserves that they be oppressed unendingly and without measure or end and that they die in their misery without the pity of anyone.

Excerpt from "Ad Quaelstiones et Objecta Juaei Cuiusdam Responsio," by John Calvin; The Jew in Christian Theology, Gerhard Falk, McFarland and Company, Inc., Jefferson, NC and London, 1931.

Quesnel, Canada

#504802 Jan 7, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> You say that the RCC doesn't do as the bible says, and you're exactly right. Why people can't see that puzzles me because it's not difficult to notice that the RCC does nothing the bible says at all.
You are SUCH a wonderful servant of a god. It's just a pity that we can't see you as you see your preaching-self! Sarcasm intended!

Quesnel, Canada

#504803 Jan 7, 2014
<quoted text> You say that the RCC doesn't do as the bible says, and you're exactly right. Why people can't see that puzzles me because it's not difficult to notice that the RCC does nothing the bible says at all.
Then again, maybe I should just state for my self and not include others.

It's just a pity that I can't see that you as being a wonderful servant of a god, which is the way you seem to perceive your self."

Quesnel, Canada

#504804 Jan 7, 2014
I never trusted preachers of religion when I was a small child. And now I understand WHY.

There was always something off-putting about their attitudes of believing their selves to be holy and others to be evil.

They truly seems to have convinced their selves that they were the center of the supposed "God's" universe.

I don't believe that even if a creator existed, it would give a fiddler's damn one way or the other ... as suffering of all animals indicates to my concept of reality that if a creator does exist ... it long ago resigned with an attitude of ... "I give up! what an un-godly mess!"

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#504805 Jan 7, 2014
seemed

Location hidden

#504806 Jan 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are SUCH a wonderful servant of a god. It's just a pity that we can't see you as you see your preaching-self! Sarcasm intended!
That was funny June, a real riot.

Quesnel, Canada

#504807 Jan 7, 2014
By the ancients, humans and other animals "as flesh and blood" were sacrificed to the gods as offerings to appease the supposed temperaments OF the gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

The word “meat” meant food in general; or if any particular kind was designated it referred to meal, flour or grain.

Quesnel, Canada

#504808 Jan 7, 2014
<quoted text> That was funny June, a real riot.
Well ... if I ever become so arrogant as to believe that I am a holy servant of a god ... I hope you will laugh at me in the hope that the laughter results in awakening me from my hypnotic illusion.

Quesnel, Canada

#504809 Jan 7, 2014
All religion was based on story-telling.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

"Moses" is Egyptian for "Son (of)" Just like Ra-Moses (AKA Ramses) is Son f the Sun-God.

For example, regarding Moses and God on Mount Sinai, one author of an Old Testament survey writes that, "It would be foolish, for instance, to rationalize the burning bush, as though this vision were something that could have been seen with the objective eye of a camera."{1} Holders of this view reject the notion of supernatural revelation and regard much of the Pentateuch as folklore and Hebrew storytelling.

http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG/b.422...

Quesnel, Canada

#504810 Jan 7, 2014
The Christians scorned the myths of the Native Indians, simply because that Native-Indian-tales were foreign to the Christians.

The Christians failed to realize that had they been born into the Native American cultures, the Native-Indian teachings would have been considered without question ... as holy and TRUE.

Quesnel, Canada

#504811 Jan 7, 2014
The Protestants that were used to having their own way in America were very displeased by the "Quebec Act."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Quebec Act

Quebec Act 1790

Parliament of Great Britain

Long title

An Act for making more effectual Provision for the Government of the Province of Quebec in North America.

The Province of Quebec in 1774The Quebec Act of 1774 was an act of the Parliament of Great Britain (citation 14 Geo. III c. 83) setting procedures of governance in the Province of Quebec. The principal components of the act were:

The province's territory was expanded to take over part of the Indian Reserve, including much of what is now southern Ontario, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, and parts of Minnesota.

The oath of allegiance was replaced with one that no longer made reference to the Protestant faith.

It guaranteed free practice of the Catholic faith.

It restored the use of the French civil law for private matters, except that in accordance with the English common law, it granted unlimited testamentary freedom. It maintained English common law for public administration, including criminal prosecution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_Act
concerned in Brasil

Copenhagen, Denmark

#504812 Jan 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Protestants that were used to having their own way in America were very displeased by the "Quebec Act."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Quebec Act
Quebec Act 1790
Parliament of Great Britain
Long title
An Act for making more effectual Provision for the Government of the Province of Quebec in North America.
The Province of Quebec in 1774The Quebec Act of 1774 was an act of the Parliament of Great Britain (citation 14 Geo. III c. 83) setting procedures of governance in the Province of Quebec. The principal components of the act were:
The province's territory was expanded to take over part of the Indian Reserve, including much of what is now southern Ontario, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, and parts of Minnesota.
The oath of allegiance was replaced with one that no longer made reference to the Protestant faith.
It guaranteed free practice of the Catholic faith.
It restored the use of the French civil law for private matters, except that in accordance with the English common law, it granted unlimited testamentary freedom. It maintained English common law for public administration, including criminal prosecution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_Act
You are a complete deceiver or a complete idiot.

Born in Regina raised in Alberta I am tri-lingual and now you miss represent Canadian history you can't get one think right.

It was a historical step of making the great nation Canada is today it is what is called compromise.

From your link

English-speaking immigrants from Britain and the southern colonies objected to a variety of its provisions, which they saw as a removal of certain political freedoms. Canadiens varied in their reaction; the land-owning seigneurs and clergy were generally happy with its provisions although the populace resented their loss of liberties.

English speaking immigrants object of which many were English speaking Catholics.

Just another miss representation of the facts by you.

YOU can not be taken seriously you blatantly distort the truth in all your posts.

Location hidden

#504813 Jan 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again, maybe I should just state for my self and not include others.
It's just a pity that I can't see that you as being a wonderful servant of a god, which is the way you seem to perceive your self."
I'm sorry you feel that way, but God cares for me and I for him and all he wants is to save as many people that's possible, and I want that for him because I know what it's like to be saved, and I wouldn't want to feel any other way but saved. I never stop learning and I noticed over the last forty years I have studied more in the last few years than I ever thought I would, but the more I study the more I can help others, so I plan on always learning. Feeling good about one's self is important, because it means we are obviously being loved by others and the things we do also makes us feel self worth because we are doing things for others which in turn makes us feel good about ourselves.
concerned in Brasil

Copenhagen, Denmark

#504814 Jan 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Christians scorned the myths of the Native Indians, simply because that Native-Indian-tales were foreign to the Christians.
The Christians failed to realize that had they been born into the Native American cultures, the Native-Indian teachings would have been considered without question ... as holy and TRUE.
Well once again you know nothing about nothing and continue to verify it.

Lets give you one of hundreds of examples that could be given.

The Blood tribe the largest in Canada, close to were I live is called the Blood tribe why.

Not a white man name it is the name the surrounding tribes gave them in their language translated into English.

Why because they were infamous for making raids on the surround tribes killing the men and boys, raping and stealing their women and taking them as prizes.

Contrary to the politically correct left when white men arrived in the America's he Natives were not living in harmony and peace with mother earth let alone each other.

They were Waring with each other and committing horrible acts upon each other.

They did not scorn their myths but their lawlessness.

Each tribe was run by a dictator.

Your know Canada has a good educational system you must be drop out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 17 TerriB1 1
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web