Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650751 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#504675 Jan 6, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you deny the existence of what is called.
Papyri p1 Through p76 200 A.D. to 700 A.D.
Letter Uncials 4th to 10th Century Copies
Numbered minuscules 1 through 1985 9th to 16th century copies
Numbered Uncials 046 Through 0250 2nd to 14th Century Copies
Minuscules 2 through 399 9th to 16th century copies
Minuscules 404 through 999 8th to 16th century copies
There are presently 5,686 Greek manuscripts in existence today for the New Testament.1 If we were to compare the number of New Testament manuscripts to other ancient writings, we find that the New Testament manuscripts far outweigh the others in quantity.2
Norman Geisler & Peter Bocchino, Unshakeable Foundations,(Minneapolis, MN: Bethany House Publishers, 2001) p. 256.
Christian Apologetics, by Norman Geisler, 1976, p. 307; 2) the article "Archaeology and History attest to the Reliability of the Bible," by Richard M. Fales, Ph.D., in The Evidence Bible, Compiled by Ray Comfort, Bridge-Logos Publishers, Gainesville, FL, 2001, p. 163; and 3) A Ready Defense, by Josh Mcdowell, 1993, p. 45.
and do you deny the existence of the The Rylands Papyrus 52 at the John Rylands Library in Manchester, England with a page from John
Oldest NT Manuscripts http://www.usefulcharts.com/religion/oldest-b...
What you assert is absurd and you know nothing of Bible
I see your problem, you are too ignorant to even read properly to see how you've been deceived.

All they did was list some garbled list of alleged COPIED ancient manuscripts, then all they did was claim there were more OT and NT manuscripts than the OTHER ancient writings. You are too stupid to see that they did not say the OT and NT manuscripts were ANCIENT, just that the other writings were. And make NO mention as to what the OTHER writings were about.

So go take your lies elsewhere. And learn how to read for "Christ's" sake.

It's an established historical FACT that all the manuscripts used to make up the bible myth were delibertly burned.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#504676 Jan 6, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously do not know what a papal bull is or anything about the Inquisitions, it was not one pope sunshine but 41 popes after the initiation of the inquisitions that maintained and contained the inquisitions. ya that says it all one true yadda yadda NOT.
Go read some history then we can have an intelligent debate.
No you need to study history. You don't have a clue about the Inquisition. I'm sorry, but you don't impress me. I have no idea why you're so arrogant. Obviously you are impressed with yourself, but I just don't see why. I'm just a Catholic lay person with no real scholarly achievements and I can send you scrambling trying to dissect my faith. I can expose you for being a deceitful fundie. I can prove how you have itching ears when it comes to the Bible. This isn't because I'm awesome, its because I'm on the side of truth. Truth squashes your false doctrines before they get off the ground. And that starts with sola scripture. Nobody really had access to scriptures to "search" until the Bible was printed on October 22, 1452. You know this but you pretend the Bible was created out of thin air. The Bible developed within the sacred traditions of the Catholic Church. That fact horrifies you so you ignore it and pretend its not true. Ignorance is convenient and necessary for the Bible believe fundie. That be you!

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#504677 Jan 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
VERIFIABLE miracle,in Israel that makes,the,news,..credited to Yeshua. Ha ,Masiach.....??
Netanyahu reading scriptural prophecy...
Gives,me goosebumps.
Next thing you know,this,s a country will survive indescribable,odds,to survive,..OH WAIT ..That already happened ..Could happen again ..SHOUKD it be time for EZEKIEL 38-39 to come to pass.in our lifetime,..who knows,??
The,deserts, are blooming ......the,Pope,is,visiting ISRAEL ..(the,only Israel)
And THERE it is folks, a wacked out mindless minion of evil Christinsanity, LUSTS to see the whole world destroyed. To have untold suffering and death come upon everyone who believes differently than she does. She will probable laugh with evil delight if it really ever happened.

Sick minded fool.

Good thing it will never happen.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#504678 Jan 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall reading any Scripture that shows God arguing with a fool...refresh my memory...
Brilliant

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#504679 Jan 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not argue with a fool....I have shown you the truth...do whatever with it...
You sure are a sore LOSER.

So here, take another look:

"Which proves my point, that they only invented this "hell" myth, then replaced other words with hell. But they really mean different things. You've been lied to. Deceived. Why cannot you see that? "

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#504680 Jan 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I researched it and can't find where the Orthodox first refered to us as "Roman".
Your last paragraph about a bad Pope doesn't prove that the Church is bad. I think you all over emphasize the role of the Papacy. Our Popes do not have the authority that you have bestowed upon yourself. They cannot change the word of God- given both orally and written.
I agree,Clay ..this,is,what I keep saying ...there were a bunch of churches ..Rome declared supremacy ..others,left ...then Rome went on EITH her POPES,to be allied with SECULSR GOVERNMENT ..a change WAS needed ..believe it or not ..You see it as evil ..I sed it as,something God allowed to get us,Christian snack on the GOD track ..away from Kings,

Peter WOULD NEVER sit on a throne nor have his ring kissed by logical leaders,..
That was,NOT the role Christian r ist perched for HIS CHURCH ...

GIVE,TO CASAR WHAT IS,HIS..TO GOD what is,God's,..His,words,.

WHAT happened after the Reformation.

America,was,founded with freedom to worship NOT UNDER KINGS,FAVOR ..in colonies,founded by Spain and France ..You think God did,not foresee this,place..thank God ..

But you folks,see anything other than the,RCC as,heretics,...we are not ...
CHRIST saved one on one each person He touched ..HE STILL DOES,..

I'm not saying you r CHURCH today is,like it was,in the middle ages,it's,not ..And you should thank God it isn't ...And for the Reformation..IMO..

Every one has a bible ..not a,family bible but an individual bible and they study from it ..in continuity ..not just at mass,...Or in Sunday school..
We,look at it ..we read from it ...not just from.a CATECHISM as,we used to ..at least I DO ..
That's,a,good thing ..again IMO
GOD BLESS US,ALL .
GOD knew,all this,as,Jesus was,on the,Cross,....nothing is,coincidence or unknown to Him.

It's,in our heart and soul we find Him or rather HE FINDS,US,..

CHRIST IS,OUR ONLY KING ..HALLELUJAH .
GOD IS,OUR ONLY HOLY FATHER ..AMEN

Is,your POPE,dedicated to God ..I'd say much more so than those in the middle ages,who were leading the flock astray ...
You should think God for allowing a of this,..so you have a faith worth following ...not one forced on you by a,monarch

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#504681 Jan 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to be blessed: Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Nope, that does not answer my question.

So again:

"And what proof did you ever demand to see, and receive, that proves beyond any doubt, that your "god" is real, and that he wrote your book of lies?"

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#504682 Jan 6, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Seentheotherside " <quoted text>
So when you first started to become brainwashed, you never demanded to see, nor received, any proof that your "god" is real, or that he wrote the book of lies.
I'd say they really deceived/brainwashed you.
----------
"THEY" ???'they' WHO?
You are just another 'they' who has no idea of what you are talking about.
Suppose YOU prove to me how that YOU know that He is not real...
KM
The question was to YOU and about YOU, nothing else.

So here it is again:

"So when you first started to become brainwashed, you never demanded to see, nor received, any proof that your "god" is real, or that he wrote the book of lies.

I'd say they really deceived/brainwashed you."

“Life Force One”

The Spiritual Universe

#504683 Jan 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You also learned your religion from others, and then morphed your own brand into something that you HIGHLY admire as being pleasing to GOD.
It's the trick of the trade.
"God loves me because he loves what I believe and how I behave ... blah, blah, blah!"
Such attitudes are based on arrogance, and nothing BUT arrogance.
I have no control over your ignorant delusions about me.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#504684 Jan 6, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Indeed the best way to serve God is humbly.
This is by no means my "validation". lol
Delving intellectually into philosophical and theological propositions keeps one's mind reasonably sharp. So being on the forum offers me a means of expression.
Are you not unlike June, and simply desire to shut down religion by not allowing free expression of religious ideas on a forum?(Hmmmm. I wonder) Think about it. Be honest.
Sorry, have fun.

Serving god here is certainly comfortable, safe, and convenient.

I don't know why any god would suggested any other way?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#504685 Jan 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
From Fr Kenneth Ryan:
"The Catholic Church has such love and reverend for the Holy Scriptures that many Catholics accept without question the idea that the Bible is the only source of true Christianity. Without knowing the proofs of their own beliefs, they presume that someone or other doctors or fathers of the Church have furnished proofs from the Bible for every Catholic tenet and position.
This is not the case and need not be the case. The totality of the Catholic faith is based on the scriptures, the use of human reason, historical traditions and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
To persons who insist that the Bible should be the only source of Christian doctrine, we'd begin by asking where they got that tenet. There are plenty of texts in the Bible that says scripture should be reverence and studied (as the Catholic Church holds) but no texts that say Only the Bible should be used as a test for religious truth. How could there be such a test? The Bible doesn't have a table of its own contents so that the reader can tell what is truly "Bible" and what is not.
Beginning with the fact that the Lord Himself didn't write any of the Bible, going on to the fact that the Bible books were not collected into a single volume until many centuries after Christ, and to the fact that even casual perusal of the Bible was not possible for 99% of the Christian population until the invention of the printing press in the 15th century, it would seem unlikely God should judge people on their Christian beliefs on the basis of the Bible alone"
Concerned, you know deep in your heart that sola scripture was impossible and never taught by Jesus Christ. Watching you try to uphold this lie is very sad.
Well again where we get that tenet is from is the Bible.

Paul says do not go beyond what is written.

We get that tenet from the explicit examples of how Jesus and the Apostles used the word.
We have that reaffirmed as I posted two of hundreds of examples that the early church fathers followed this tenet.

That being said again you are trying to redefine Sola scriptoria to be something it is not and then rebuke a false definition.

There is nothing wrong with extra biblical sources as long as they don't contradict the Bible.
It came first all the books are quoted as scripture in almost their entirety before the end of 200 AD. So we know what scripture was from that alone, I don't need a Pope that comes along some 800 years later to restate that which has already been stated. So what if they had not been collected in one volume we do not need to have them bound together with string to make them scripture the Fact that they were revealed via the Spirit of God to the Apostles and the early church is all that is needed.

I have copy of Matthew on its own, the fact its a individual book not bound with many books makes it no less scripture. Your argument is silly

Yes the LORD GOD wrote the Bible all of it, what do think Peter meant when he stated all scripture is GOD BREATHED inspired of GOD.

In the early church copies of the NT books and OT for the fact were abundant, fellowships had copies among hundreds yes, and they would meet in houses and literally memorize all of them.

It was common in the Jewish tradition, if you care to see just YouTube the Jewish fundie's in Israel they still memorize from a young age the whole Torah by 12 and then move on to the prophets and psalms etc.

YOU have no idea as you have never studied Jewish history let alone early church history you are just regurgitating RC propaganda
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#504686 Jan 6, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your problem, you are too ignorant to even read properly to see how you've been deceived.
All they did was list some garbled list of alleged COPIED ancient manuscripts, then all they did was claim there were more OT and NT manuscripts than the OTHER ancient writings. You are too stupid to see that they did not say the OT and NT manuscripts were ANCIENT, just that the other writings were. And make NO mention as to what the OTHER writings were about.
So go take your lies elsewhere. And learn how to read for "Christ's" sake.
It's an established historical FACT that all the manuscripts used to make up the bible myth were delibertly burned.
I see your problem you are child that just says what ever they want with total disregard to historical fact.
When someone disagrees you simply call them a liar. Well I guess that is the only option for a dumb dumb

you are fool

I take my leave of you,
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#504687 Jan 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No you need to study history. You don't have a clue about the Inquisition. I'm sorry, but you don't impress me. I have no idea why you're so arrogant. Obviously you are impressed with yourself, but I just don't see why. I'm just a Catholic lay person with no real scholarly achievements and I can send you scrambling trying to dissect my faith. I can expose you for being a deceitful fundie. I can prove how you have itching ears when it comes to the Bible. This isn't because I'm awesome, its because I'm on the side of truth. Truth squashes your false doctrines before they get off the ground. And that starts with sola scripture. Nobody really had access to scriptures to "search" until the Bible was printed on October 22, 1452. You know this but you pretend the Bible was created out of thin air. The Bible developed within the sacred traditions of the Catholic Church. That fact horrifies you so you ignore it and pretend its not true. Ignorance is convenient and necessary for the Bible believe fundie. That be you!
42 popes of Rome affirm the RCC teaching of Inquisition, via Papal Bull, a new branch of priests is formed to implement the torture, a manual officially endorsed by all these popes is made on how to torture.
Later at the end of the day some 20 million plus dead over 400+ years and well......

just like every RC I have come across when they can't refute the facts that what they believe is false they stick their head in the sand and start the personal character attacks.
Oh so predictable so childish.

Oh well

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#504688 Jan 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What else can I say?? Pure stupidity.....trying in vain to support the obtuse logic of looking in a English dictionary for the meaning of a Greek word!!!!
How about looking in the Greek language for a word that was morphed into the new testament as the savior of ONLY Catholics.

Word-trickery is common-place among USERS.

CatholicCulture.Org
I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
truth

Perth, Australia

#504689 Jan 6, 2014
Why you put me there dear God?
Where?
On that Cross INRI.

How can child remember 2.5 years?

Impossible.

Where I touch myself?
I walk out from small house on my grandfather property.

My tears go now!
I follow my sister Ana!
Oh I deeply cry I don't know why?!
I start cry again.
My aunty say keep that child to my sister.
I remember that she give warning to my sister.
Oh i have leader small nice sandals..i have nice dress, my good mother oh.
Who try ruin my life?

No my father say..its very interesting I never been member of any party on this planet must be very very funny.

I liked know more.
I will find
my way I think I always been myself.

I don't liked others interrupt in my mind.

Ones implemented finish.
Whats stay in my mind?
Others don't need know!
Why I say that?
oh
noooooooooooooo
not good say nothing no..

now
Where is my trouble Lord!
If I run away from my home its will be last for ever.

Delta, Canada

#504690 Jan 6, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no control over your own ignorant delusions concerning your religion.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#504691 Jan 6, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree she is very ignorant and just here to spit her hate for life. I suggest we all ignore her as I have. She is not worth your time. Good luck.

Delta, Canada

#504692 Jan 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>.
GOD IS,OUR ONLY HOLY FATHER ..AMEN
The Jews fathered Jehovah, and the Catholics tried in vain to lure the affections of Jehovah over to their cult.

Whether or not Jehovah fell for the Catholic LINE ... remains for you to see after you die and fly off to ... who knows where???

Religion is bunk!
truth

Perth, Australia

#504693 Jan 6, 2014
I am going fill up my form for passport.

Why people liked claim my name?

I liked see my mother ones more.
I love my people very much.
I mist my small place where I born.
Oh!
They did not know ability what people can do.
O yes!
Usual they withing poor documents from 'vazda pazi' very sneaky dangerous people.
I never liked any Authority which hurt people at all.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#504694 Jan 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get angry; get honest.
Hogwash....Lying Snake.....go hiss with your ilk....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web