Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683798 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#504502 Jan 6, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
"They" do.
But your view is skewed, living in a consumerist based economy. But you are not alone. The question you might ask is when the rich have so much of the wealth, does the poor collapse the civilization? The slums around the world are growing.(Detroit in the U.S. is hidden by design.)
Christians follow Jesus. He did not say sell everything and go walk out into the wilderness. Even Paul worked for a living. It is difficult for me to explain that you don't have to sell everything and go sit on the sidewalk to a person of your viewpoint.(Although if Jesus asked someone to do so, one out of obedience should do so.)
Actually, what you need to focus on is chastity, poverty, and obedience. These are the three crucial vows one accepts in following Jesus. The ability to do so, is dependent on God's use of a person in particular circumstances....
Peace
I get it. While god's words moved many to give up their worldly wealth to follow Jesus, they really didn't understand the meaning correctly,

LOL, nice try.

You should make copies of your wisdom, to read later in life, so you can revisit this deep stuff, maybe share it.

After all, how many people know so much about the great mysteries of mankind?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#504503 Jan 6, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:
because thou hast rejected knowledge,
How pathetic you are ... believing YOU have dibs on knowledge, simply because you read the words in a book written by hairy old men that had nothing better to do than write more words in order to in turn earn their keeps.

If you had been born a Hindu, you would be preaching that others must follow Krishna ... because there are words in a book that indicate THAT is the truth.

Stupid ... stupid humans.

Non-animals don't believe in and don't fight over owning universal wisdom, and that means that compared to humans ... THEY are WISE!
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504504 Jan 6, 2014
Non-human animals
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504505 Jan 6, 2014
Priest ... "You must believe you are saved."

Follower ... "But, I'm so worried about my family-members that won't be saved because they don't believe in Jesus."

Priest ... "We'll pray for them that they find Jesus before they die."

Follower ... "My father just died, and he didn't believe in Jesus, and I am so distraught at the thought of him spending eternity in hell. He was kind. I just can't comprehend why Jesus would not be more understanding."

Priest ... "OH MY CHILD, you must NEVER question the ways of the LORD."

Follower ... head hanging low ... "Yes Father."

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#504506 Jan 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Testament was written more quickly than the Old Testament—it was completed within half a century. This means that all the books were completed, copied, and distributed before AD 100. In fact by AD 95, a letter written by Clement of Rome (an early church father who may have been a student of Paul) shows the influence of Matthew, Luke, Romans, Corinthians, Ephesians, Timothy, Titus, and Peter—a sign that the books were well known and circulated within the early church. The Catholic church tells their members not to study the bible as it's to complicated to understand, this was their technique on keeping people in the dark from the real truth of the bible. They would tell the members to ask their priest who has the ability to understand the bible to tell you whatever you needed to know, more like what they wanted you to know. Do you deny this practice went on and still does in the Catholic church?
Liam

Detroit, MI

#504507 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text> Your sect is unknown and can be loosely traced to the 19th century you said, so what do you have to say about the info I gave you about Churches of Christ in England and elsewhere centuries before Stone and Campbell being born, would love to here your answer to that one.
There were always renegades. We call them heretics. That's why Jesus started a visible Church so truth wouldn't have to filter through people like you. No offense.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504508 Jan 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
2. We don't adore Mary.
SURE you DO!!!

Mary, Mary ... quite contrary! Born a Jew ... raised to be a Jew faithful to Judaism ... who either followed Jesus into the river Jordon to be baptized as a Catholic or accomplished the mission in spirit when other Jews were not looking on to see Mary's deceptions.

Religion is BUNK!

Robert Service place humor in the idea of Mary the SAINT.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

My Madonna

I haled me a woman from the street
Shameless, but, oh, so fair!
I bade her sit in the model’s seat
And I painted her sitting there.

I hid all trace of her heart unclean;
I painted a babe at her breast;
I painted her as she might have been
If the Worst had been the Best.

She laughed at my picture and went away.
Then came, with a knowing nod,
A connoisseur, and I heard him say;
“‘Tis Mary, the Mother of God.”

So I painted a halo round her head,
And I sold her and took my fee,
And she hangs in the church of Saint Hillaire,
Where you and all may see.

Robert Service.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504509 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text> The New Testament was written more quickly than the Old Testament—it was completed within half a century.
The writing was put into place long before the supposed crucifixion occurred.

It took the disgruntled Jews TIME to come up with the Jesus-myth and compile it into book-form.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Bible

There are at least thirty six different authors, who wrote in three continents, in many countries, in three languages, and from every possible human standpoint. Among these authors were kings, farmers, mechanics, scientific men, lawyers, generals, fishermen, ministers and priests, a tax-collector, a doctor, some rich, some poor, some city bred, some country born—thus touching all the experiences of men—extending over 1500 years.

Location hidden

#504510 Jan 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How pathetic you are ... believing YOU have dibs on knowledge, simply because you read the words in a book written by hairy old men that had nothing better to do than write more words in order to in turn earn their keeps.
If you had been born a Hindu, you would be preaching that others must follow Krishna ... because there are words in a book that indicate THAT is the truth.
Stupid ... stupid humans.
Non-animals don't believe in and don't fight over owning universal wisdom, and that means that compared to humans ... THEY are WISE!
Oh brother another wanna be Richard Dawkins. It doesn't matter where your born as the truth is broadcasted everywhere. Why do you think we send people and literature throughout the world to help any and all to know the truth. There are so many different routes to get the message across that's it's impossible not to know the truth, so Richard Dawkins wanna be your analogy is severally flawed, try again ,as they say, laughter is the best medicine.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504511 Jan 6, 2014
I suggest that the Catholics idolize the images of Jesus, Saint Mary, Saint Peter, and the apostles.... all SAINTS of course ... because the Catholics are CERTAIN those Jews were WISE for leaving Judaism and joining up with the Catholics.

We are always very fond of people that agree with our own opinions that we are WISE.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504512 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text> Oh brother another wanna be Richard Dawkins.
And do YOU want to be another Martin Luther???

:)
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#504513 Jan 6, 2014
The preachers of religion that insist they KNOW the answers all want me to believe them. Yet ... the preachers in religion don't believe each other.

Does that not tell the REAL story ... that preachers in religion, all want to believe that they are RIGHT and others are WRONG???
hojo

Chaska, MN

#504514 Jan 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old! Same old!.........HOJO.
I posted last week where is HOJO??? Not one poster responded,.... no one cared.
Makes "absolutely no difference" to me if others respond or not! The fact is that I only continue to post over 2000 years of the verfied, authenticated and proven TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church and it is obvious that atheists,and gnostics or the "hodge-podge" of Protestant "fundies" on this forum have "nothing to offer" accept their own (opinionated "what each person thinks" which is their own editorialized) nonsense, all of which has no biblical or historical truth to back up anything that they believe. The entire basis of Protestantism and their contradicting and inconsistent (42,000) conflicting other denominations, is that all they want to do is "discuss, debate and argue" the meaning of bible verses or "re-invent and re-create' their own fictitious opinions,re-writingf Church history to make it mean "only" what they want it to mean, that is laced with distortions,heresy and deceit! The fact is that there is "nothing to dicuss, nothing to deliberate and nothing to debate"! The TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ has been proven over and over and over again to be TRUE by the majority of highly accredited Church Historian authors and writers for over 2000 years manifested in and through Jesus Christ and HIs One (and only one) TRUE Catholic Church. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, not 42,000 contradicting bible only Protestant relative truths, and that TRUTH has, is and will always be in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, the bride of Christ!!!..

Location hidden

#504515 Jan 6, 2014
The Bible Condemns Catholic Doctrine
by David J. Riggs
from Catholic Teaching Examined
Why would Catholics want to defeat the Bible as the only authority? The answer is: it is their way of trying to justify their own traditions. How else would they justify them? Furthermore, the reason Catholics try to discredit the Bible as the sole authority is because it plainly and forcefully condemns their doctrines. For example, to cite only a few:
(1) It condemns clerical dress. Matthew 23:4-5 says, "For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments."
(2) It teaches against the adoration of Mary. Luke 11:27-28 says, "And it happened, as He spoke these things, that a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him,'Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!' But He said,'More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!'"
(3) It shows that all Christians are priests. I Peter 2:5,9 says, "...You also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ...But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light..."
(4) It condemns the observance of special days. Galatians 4:9-11 says, "But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? You observe days and months and seasons and years. I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain."
(5) It teaches that all Christians are saints. I Corinthians 1:2 says, "To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours..."
(6) It teaches that baptism is immersion instead of pouring. Romans 6:4 says; "Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Colossians 2:12 says, "Buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead."
(7) It forbids us to address religious leaders as "father." Matthew 23:9 says, "Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven."
(8) It opposes unmarried bishops. I Timothy 3:2-5 says, "A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?)..."
(9) It addresses only God Himself as the "Holy Father." John 17:11 says, "Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are."
(10) It shows that the great apostasy would forbid marriage. I Timothy 4:1-3 says, "Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth."
(

Location hidden

#504516 Jan 6, 2014
Final part,

(11) It reveals that the great apostasy would have one who claimed to take the place of God. II Thessalonians 2:3-4 says, "Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God."

After reading the above passages, it is abundantly clear why Catholics endeavor to destroy the Bible as the only authority in religion today.

Location hidden

#504517 Jan 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The preachers of religion that insist they KNOW the answers all want me to believe them. Yet ... the preachers in religion don't believe each other.
Does that not tell the REAL story ... that preachers in religion, all want to believe that they are RIGHT and others are WRONG???
Then why don't you study and find out which one is correct, just a thought.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#504518 Jan 6, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Best wishes for the new year NASL!
And to you, BT42!

Cheers!
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#504519 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text> Then why don't you study and find out which one is correct, just a thought.
99% of humanity must not be as capable of study as you and others here.

There are so many brilliant people here who know the might of god. But somehow, they don't agree.

The only possible answer is that god is schizophrenic with many different personalities.

Or you are delusional.

Naaaaaaahhhhhhhh, it couldn't be that.
michael

Canada

#504520 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text> Then why don't you study and find out which one is correct, just a thought.
Maybe none are right. If one was proven right, we would all belong, but we don't.

Most people, of religious belief were indoctrinated from birth to become what their parents want them to become..........just lime them! Religious belief is more abut family hand me down tradition than the belief itself.
michael

Canada

#504521 Jan 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes "absolutely no difference" to me if others respond or not! The fact is that I only continue to post over 2000 years of the verfied, authenticated and proven TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church and it is obvious that atheists,and gnostics or the "hodge-podge" of Protestant "fundies" on this forum have "nothing to offer" accept their own (opinionated "what each person thinks" which is their own editorialized) nonsense, all of which has no biblical or historical truth to back up anything that they believe. The entire basis of Protestantism and their contradicting and inconsistent (42,000) conflicting other denominations, is that all they want to do is "discuss, debate and argue" the meaning of bible verses or "re-invent and re-create' their own fictitious opinions,re-writingf Church history to make it mean "only" what they want it to mean, that is laced with distortions,heresy and deceit! The fact is that there is "nothing to dicuss, nothing to deliberate and nothing to debate"! The TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ has been proven over and over and over again to be TRUE by the majority of highly accredited Church Historian authors and writers for over 2000 years manifested in and through Jesus Christ and HIs One (and only one) TRUE Catholic Church. There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, not 42,000 contradicting bible only Protestant relative truths, and that TRUTH has, is and will always be in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, the bride of Christ!!!..
......same old, same old!........you are beyond boring

Give me information outside the bible of what you speak? Church historians are all partisan and biased. Right?.........right on!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web