Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600273 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#504106 Jan 4, 2014
From the book “Twisted Scriptures,” by Mary Alice Chrnalogar, published in 1997.

A Guilt-Edged Sword

If you never use your conscience, it will slowly fade away. If however, you think long and hard and study moral matters, your conscience will be alert and strong.

The key for gaining maximum control over someone’s conscience is to influence the person to study and accept certain beliefs. Then, if the person fails to follow those beliefs, a powerful feeling of guilt will be the result.

Guilt is such a powerful motivator—especially in the context of a Christian fellowship—that once the seeds of guilt are planted, leaders need not physically prevent people from certain action because their guilt will do this for them (in other words, turning their guilt against themselves). Many of the teachings and recommended books of controlling groups nurture this result by implanting false beliefs.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#504107 Jan 4, 2014
From the book “Twisted Scriptures,” by Mary Alice Chrnalogar, published in 1997.

The Arrogance of Righteousness

When I thought I understood clearly why trials happened, I also reeked with a self-confidence that antagonized people outside my group.

Today I don’t pretend to know.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#504108 Jan 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not the first one to believe that an ORIGINAL religious cult existed that was based on truth.
The Jehovah's Witnesses believe they are tuned in to original Christianity, and that makes them the REAL Christians.
Joseph Smith of the Mormon-cult was certain that he had restored the new testament to it's original truth.
You can believe what suits you, but when you try to claim that what you believe is based on truth ... I don't and won't believe you, and that is my right.
You are on a forum ... not in a circle of believers that are aligned to your thoughts.
From my perspective whether ancient of new ... religious myths are based on nothing but fantasy.
Where do you get these crazy ideas from that I belong to some cult or religion?
I just showed you what is being discovered and how vast the territory and timelines it all covers. That is the path of unbias discovery. You are as narrow minded and bias as a brainwashed cult member(which you seem to think everyone else is).
You seem to be suffering from some type of severe paranoia.
Once again, I have done my best to expose you to a great amount of ideas and information to at least consider, and you are like a steel trap of self imposed isolation, as though you have delusions that the world is out to do you harm or something.
There is no need for you to respond, and I won't bother to post any more to you either. I have an old doorknob that is more pleasant and better able to communicate with.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#504109 Jan 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in what a dishonest fool thinks is truth, dummy.
Lying Snake....bask in your world of lies....

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#504110 Jan 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Preachers all believe they are servants in the preaching of the WORD!
If it was one word, all preachers would agree that the word was TRUTH, and all of you would preach identical sermons.
But instead you USE countless human-created words, and all you spread is gossip and more and more right-fighting gossip.
Of course preachers believe they are servants in preaching the word, as we are. That's an irrational request to ask us to preach identical sermons because we're human and have our own ideals on what to preach on. I preach whatever I feel that's needed at that particular time. Do you believe if we read from the same bible we should be able to come to a conclusion of equal understanding of what's being said if we study diligently?

Location hidden

#504111 Jan 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Pencil Demonstration
Here is a demonstration of subtle influence I use in classes” I ask for a volunteer to walk to my desk and open my drawer, take out three pencils and put them on my desk. Then I choose another student and ask them to select the best pencil. I then ask the class if they made a free choice. Inevitably some will say,“Yes.” I then ask,“Who told you to walk to my desk? Who told you to open my drawer and take out three pencils? Who eliminated all the other pencils in the other desks? Who decided it was going to be pencils that you chose?”
Free choice is that they agreed to do it, because of free will they did it,they easily could had said no if they wanted to, but they decided to "choose" to do it.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#504112 Jan 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Would you?
Maybe if I drank a case of Jim Bean,then I'd still have to drink another case to erase the the guilt.

Location hidden

#504113 Jan 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Arrogance of Righteousness
When I thought I understood clearly why trials happened, I also reeked with a self-confidence that antagonized people outside my group.
Today I don’t pretend to know.
Which church do you to believe to be the one preaching the truth? Do you know that by studying your bible you can find out which church is the true church preaching the truth, did you know that? Do you believe the Jehovah Witnesses are that church, you could know if they are by simply studying your bible. What about the Catholic church or any other church. You can know which one is the true church, if you really wanted to, but you don't and that's why you don't know. As a teacher it would seem you would want to know the truth at least for the sake of just knowing. The fact that you could know the truth in less than an hour of your time so you could lay to rest that fact. If you just learn what is to be done in worship alone will tell you the answer on which church is the true church, less than an hour, so why not know the truth? It's simple deduction on comparing what the bible says on how to worship and comparing it with every church to see if they worship the way the bible says or not, it's that easy, hope you'll give it a try. You can get your answers in the book of Acts.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#504114 Jan 4, 2014
What is Essential for Salvation?

What is essential for salvation? Faith alone or faith plus water baptism, church membership, "good works" or whatever? This is a tremendously important consideration, for the "faith" of the former cannot possibly be the same "faith" as the latter. The sinner in need of salvation cannot be saved by a faith which stands alone as the sole requisite to the new birth, and also be saved by a faith to which another step or steps must be added in order to obtain the forgiveness of sins and the gift of everlasting life. To err at this point is to be eternally lost regardless of how sincere a person might be.

A principle regarding what God has done, and what man must believe, is found in the sixth chapter of John. The question asked of the Lord Jesus Christ is one which many have asked through the centuries: "What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?" (John 6:28). Man naturally seeks to do just that—do something! The natural assumption is that good works, religious ceremony, church membership or holy resolve will pave the way for acceptance with God.

But notice the response of the Lord to the question as to what is necessary to stand approved before Almighty God: "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6:29). The answer is simple, yet full of deep and far-reaching truth. It reveals the glorious fact that if a sinner is to be translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light, then the operation will be accomplished solely as a work of God's grace, apart from any meritorious effort on the part of the lost. God has done the work—the sinner is to receive by faith ("believe on him whom he hath sent") what has been provided freely in Christ!

But those who add additional steps to salvation claim that it is too easy to "just believe." They say, "Don't you know 'the devils also believe, and tremble'?" (James 2:19). That is exactly the point! There are two kinds of "believing." One is merely intellectual, mental assent; the other is heartfelt trust placed in Christ as the only Lord and Savior. Certainly the devils do not believe in the essential way a sinner must trust the Lord Jesus Christ as his only hope and confidence. The former is merely recognition; the latter is absolute resignation. This is precisely why a careful, Biblical distinction must be made between the believing which saves and the believing which requires the addition of works and rituals to reach the desired end—salvation!

The Galatian believers were justified by faith, not works (Gal. 2:16; 3:22). It was the "false brethren" (Gal. 2:4), the Judaizers, who introduced the additional requirements of keeping certain tenets of the law in order to be saved. These false teachers troubling the Galatians were errant in two areas. First, they were trying to bring the believers in the Church Age back under bondage to the Law of Moses and, second, they were adding another step to "faith alone" in order to partake of God's salvation.

Water baptism is a "good work," Biblically defined. A "good work" seen in Scripture is simply the saint's act of obedience to the revealed will of God—it is doing something God has commanded those who are already His children. The additional requirements imposed by false teachers upon the sinner who is invited by God to receive Christ Jesus by faith is "another gospel "—a salvation by works—and God's curse is unequivocally pronounced upon it (Gal. 1:6-10)! The same is true for any supposed gospel preached today which adds any step to salvation by faith alone.

Paul wrote concerning those who espoused a false gospel, "I would they were even cut off which trouble you" (Gal. 5:12). That is a strong statement to say the least, and it serves as a stern reminder to us of the importance of the issue at hand, and how consistently tenacious we must be in opposing those who pervert the purity of the Gospel of Christ.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#504115 Jan 4, 2014
DEAR Father .

We thank you so much that we can speak to you .

We ask you for healing
FOR Nick ...for Cowboy ..for LTM and and those,in need including myself and family.

We ask for spiritual healing for any we know,who need your grace .
And the call of the,HOLY Spirit

May all here,find peace and blessings,in this,New,Year,.

In Jesus,name,...Amen
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#504116 Jan 4, 2014
The Proper Place of Water Baptism

Satan is masterful in his efforts to confuse the issue and obscure the clear demarcation between salvation by grace alone and a salvation where "works" are a necessary prerequisite. For example, those who subscribe to baptismal regeneration are quick to point out that the existence of so many different denominations and independents must imply a belief that there are a number of ways to be saved. But such is simply not the case. Historically, the major Protestant denominations have a rich heritage of fidelity to the Bible with respect to their understanding of justification by faith alone. The distinctions from one group to another stem primarily from differences in church polity, i.e., the governmental administration of the local assembly or assemblies of believers and not differences in foundational doctrines, such as what constitutes the work of God in the regeneration of the sinner.

Water baptism has been viewed by true believers as an outward testimony of the inward reality of having already been "born again" by the power of God. The moment the sinner trusts Christ as his Savior, he is baptized by the Spirit of God into the Body of Christ (I Corinthians 12:12-13). There is no salvation for anyone who is not "in Christ," and this spiritual regeneration takes place the moment the lost sinner receives Christ by faith (John 1:12; 5:24). All who are saved have received this baptism which God administers, not man.

Water baptism, on the other hand, is properly understood to be an ordinance of the Church administered only to those who have already been saved. Baptism by immersion symbolizes what has already been accomplished by God. The ordinances (Baptism and the Lord's Supper) and "good works" (obedience to the will of God as found in the Word of God) are after the fact of regeneration and the result of saving faith, not a means of saving grace. Salvation cannot be conferred by any church, for the church is but a fellowship of born again believers who have already availed themselves of salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Someone who has been genuinely born again by the Spirit of God will want to honor His Lord now that he has new life in Christ. He should seek out and be identified with a fundamental, Bible-believing local church where he can grow and be nurtured by the pastoral care and teaching provided there, and receive encouragement and edification by others of like precious faith (Ephesians 4:11-16). Within that context of the local church, there will be the opportunity to receive Biblical believer's baptism (I Corinthians 1:13-16). In this text, Paul did not baptize all in the Corinthian church, but others certainly must have; the Corinthian's shortcomings did not negate the fact that they were, indeed, baptized.

Also, the memorial service of the Lord's Supper will be a continual reminder of the meaning of Christ's broken body and shed blood, and that this service is to be conducted "till he come" (I Corinthians 11:23-32). Yes, water baptism has it's proper, and important, place, but for the one who is already saved, not for the one who has not yet been born again; the latter needs to believe the Gospel and receive God's salvation as a free gift. Baptism, in any shape or form, cannot save anyone!

Location hidden

#504118 Jan 4, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Of course preachers believe they are servants in preaching the word, as we are. That's an irrational request to ask us to preach identical sermons because we're human and have our own ideals on what to preach on. I preach whatever I feel that's needed at that particular time. Do you believe if we read from the same bible we should be able to come to a conclusion of equal understanding of what's being said if we study diligently?
You cannot face the Truth in the Bible.....tell me the definition of "church" in Mt 16:18....show me "Church of Christ" in said definition...

You can't...because it ain't there...period......

Location hidden

#504119 Jan 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
DEAR Father .
We thank you so much that we can speak to you .
We ask you for healing
FOR Nick ...for Cowboy ..for LTM and and those,in need including myself and family.
We ask for spiritual healing for any we know,who need your grace .
And the call of the,HOLY Spirit
May all here,find peace and blessings,in this,New,Year,.
In Jesus,name,...Amen
You already have your reward...
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#504120 Jan 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I look in the mirror all the time.
I like what I see.
Now, if you think I'm a fool, you're free to prove it.
But you won't.
Only you can prove that you are a fool.

I only have an opinion.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#504121 Jan 4, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe if I drank a case of Jim Bean,then I'd still have to drink another case to erase the the guilt.
:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#504122 Jan 4, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get these crazy ideas from that I belong to some cult or religion?
I had that impression for years, but you confirmed it for me the other day when you informed me that I was "slowly learning knowledge."

That gave me a clue that you either started your own cult, or you belong to one that already exists.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#504123 Jan 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot face the Truth in the Bible......
I suggest that you right-fighters don't want to face the truth that the new testament is packed full of anti-Semitic lies.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#504124 Jan 4, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Satan is masterful
If a devil existed, I suggest that you could give him a few lessons on the art of deception.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#504125 Jan 4, 2014

Driving Yourself Nuts

Under hypnosis, you can be convinced that a bee is on your nose. You can see it and feel it, even though it isn’t really there. This deception can be so powerful that, if you are told that the bee has stung, a reddening swelling may appear and you will feel pain. Similarly, if someone convinces you that God will give you a command for everything you do in life, even to the tiniest detail, you will imagine that you hear commands from God. That doesn’t mean that God is really directing you. It only means that your mind imagines it to be true.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#504126 Jan 4, 2014

Selfish

“Sharon” said her discipler told her that she never really cared about anybody in her whole life, that she just used people. Sharon immediately repented, believing the words of her discipler to be true. Sharon wanted to be broken and teachable. She believed her discipler had a right to judge her like this. This discipler was, in Sharon’s mind, an “arbiter of truth.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Philadelphia visit: Where can you ... 1 hr Manalo Realty 5
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 3 hr Paul Porter1 313
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 6 hr Prophet of the LORD 84,352
News Philly to-do list before the Pope, Democrats ar... 9 hr Nutters Udders 2
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... 12 hr EDA 121
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Mr Sir 9,605
News Pope's upcoming visit inspires anxiety in Phila... Mon policestatepractice 1
More from around the web