Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679126 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Sutton, Canada

#504353 Jan 5, 2014
cont
NAMES OF GOD
•El Shaddai = "God Almighty" or "God the All-Sufficient One"; the entomology is so ancient that Biblical scholars do not agree on the meaning of this name: I AM El Shaddai. Live in my presence, be perfect, and I shall grant a covenant between myself and you, and make you very numerous. And Abram bowed to the ground (Genesis 17:2-3).
•Yahweh = found in Scripture as the consonants YHWH, known as the "Tetragramaton" is God's holy Covenant name. The letters form a word or words from the verb "to be" and most scholars translate it as "I AM who I AM" or "I will be who I will be", or "the Self-Existent One: Moses said to God,'Look, if I go to the Israelites and say to them, The God of your ancestors has sent me to you, and they say to me,'What is His name?' what am I to tell them?' God said to Moses,'I AM He who is. Tell them that I AM who I am sent you (Exodus 3:13-14).
•Adonai = "Lord" (Note: LORD, all in capital letters is a substitution out of reverence for God's covenant name "Yahweh"): Then Moses said to the LORD,'Please Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither recently nor in time past, nor since you have spoken to your servant; for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue. And the LORD said to him,'Who has made men's mouth? Or who make him dumb or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?'(Exodus 4:10-12, NAB).
•Yahweh-jireh = "Yahweh will provide" or "I AM will provide": But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said,'Abraham, Abraham!' And he said,'Here I am.' And he said,'Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, form Me.' Then Abraham raised his eyes and looked, and behind him he saw a ram caught up in the thicket by his horns; and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the place of his son. And Abraham called the name of that place [Yahweh jireh] The LORD will provide, as it is said to this day: On the Mountain Yahweh provides (Genesis 22:11-14).
•Yahweh-rapha = "Yahweh who heals": If you will give earnest heed to the voice of Yahweh your God and do what He regards as right, if you pay attention to His commandments and keep all His laws, I shall never inflict on you any of the diseases that I inflicted on the Egyptians, for I am Yahweh your Healer [Yahweh rapha](Exodus 15:26).
•CONT
LTM

Sutton, Canada

#504354 Jan 5, 2014
CONT
NAMES OF GOD
Yahweh–nissi = "Yahweh My Banner":(after willing a battle with God's assistance ) Moses built an altar, and named it Yahweh is My Banner [Yahweh-nissi]...(Exodus 17:16).
•Yahweh-mekoddishkem = "Yahweh Who Sanctifies You": And Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying,'But as for you, speak to the sons of Israel, saying, "You shall surely observe My Sabbaths; for this is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am Yahweh who sanctifies you [Yahweh-mekoddishkem]...(Exodu s 31:12).
•Yahweh-shalom = "Yahweh is Peace": He said,'Alas, my Lord, Yahweh! Now I have seen the Angel of Yahweh face to face ' Yahweh answered,'Peace be with you; have no fear; you will not die.' Gideon built an altar there to Yahweh and called it Yahweh is peace [Yahweh-shalom](Judges 6:22-24).
•Yahweh-sabaoth = "Yahweh of Hosts" (the "hosts" are the army of angels who serve God): Who is He, this king of glory? Yahweh of Hosts [Yahweh-saboath], He is the king of glory (Psalm 46:7, NJB); The LORD of Hosts [Yahweh-sabaoth] is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold (Psalms 22:10, NAB).
•Yahweh-raah = "Yahweh My Shepherd": The LORD [Yahweh raah] is my shepherd; I shall not want ...(Psalms 23:1, NAB).
•Yahweh-tsidkenu = "Yahweh Our Saving Justice": Look, the days are coming, Yahweh declares, when I shall rise an upright Branch for David; He will reign as king and be wise, doing what is just and upright in the country. In his days Judah will triumph and Israel live in safety, and this is the name He will be called Yahweh-our-saving-justice [Yahweh-tsidkenu](Jeremiah 23:5-6).
truth

Perth, Australia

#504355 Jan 5, 2014
It is written!
Reprobate mind not listen truth.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#504356 Jan 5, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Which has nothing to do with my post, so here, try again:
"So you are not a Catholic/Christian, my mistake.
I could have sworn you were from the post of your's I saw prattling on about Christ, and quoting from the Christian book of mythology."
Go hiss with Chess....he is under a big rock basking in his lies.

Location hidden

#504357 Jan 5, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Which also has nothing to do with my post, so here, try again:
"Now if you had studied the history of your book of lies, you would have known that the word "Hell" is a made up word, that they just added wherever the church leaders thought might be fitting. It was a made up place to add even more FEAR to their FEAR mongering brainwashing.
Why do so many weak minded people fall for this lie, without even questioning it?"
truth

Perth, Australia

#504358 Jan 5, 2014
on real God place is so long evil
it is written
you not love me
you not honor me
then
who they are

When they come
who he or she will say
'i don't know you'
Why?

all of them will fall
angels and demons
they are short of glory of Almighty God

Location hidden

#504359 Jan 5, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you always so hateful, or is this something Christianity taught you?
Go hiss with Chess....he is under a big rock basking in his lies...
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#504360 Jan 5, 2014
How sick is it to worship a god that approves of murder, rape, and slavery?

Jesus and Lord God are one? OK, so change the word Lord to Jesus.

Deuteronomy 20:10-14:

(Jesus says) "As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When JESUS your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that Jesus has given you."

Amen

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#504361 Jan 5, 2014
who="Seentheotherside " <quoted text>
Which also has nothing to do with my post, so here, try again:
"Now if you had studied the history of your book of lies, you would have known that the word "Hell" is a made up word, that they just added wherever the church leaders thought might be fitting. It was a made up place to add even more FEAR to their FEAR mongering brainwashing.
Why do so many weak minded people fall for this lie, without even questioning it?"

----------
I have studied the Book itself. The Bible uses various words for 'hell'. Are you familiar with the difficulties of translating from one language to another?
Greek has at least four words that are translated 'love' in our English Bible. One means friendship, one covers the marital covenant, one means brotherhood, and one means unconditional love...Agape The latter (Agape) covers His love for us....and OUR love for one another as we mature.

How many people do you love unconditionally? Never steal from them, never grudge against them...ALWAYS forgive them?

You need to know more about reading The Book. And stop reading those 'scholarly' things ABOUT the Book, that are intended to find lies in it.(I could show you some lies in THEM.)

KayMarie

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#504362 Jan 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Please identify my lies -- with a permalink.

Lacking such makes *you* the liar, thief.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#504363 Jan 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Its in the definition of "church" found in Mt 16:18.....tell me what it defines as the church Christ built...
You will not do so...because it makes you a liar...
Sir, I gave you an answer and this is how you reply, with gibberish making no sense at all.

Location hidden

#504364 Jan 5, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me where I lied -- with a permalink, thief.
Go hiss under your rock.... bask in ypir lies...
truth

Perth, Australia

#504365 Jan 5, 2014
proverb 23
not sit not eat with them
truth

Perth, Australia

#504366 Jan 5, 2014
Is that place for whom?
fly flay flayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Then my teacher go in clasroom and start teach me again!

Herceg stand up!
poor me
oh
I sit in last chair!
here on front of my table
in first two chair
Please tell me why!
That I can see you better!
Oh!
Could you imagine that wolf or foxy dear God?
Then he say;'
well well
klap klap
bravo bravo
you wrote very well last time..'
Who?..me
Did you see that I can't even wrote properly?

O o o not yet your judgment not yet coming.

Excelent!
You need improve more.
then my life start horiblle after that
my gimnasija been Dom-former house of casne sestre- Mercy sisters of heart..under revolution war in my country they rip off and killed as well remove property from them..
I remove myself from that school.
Could you imagine dear God.
My teacher come in another school teach me there.Why?
Oh!
Then I decided not to wrote always nice!
No!
After all you can't be first you are not one of them or any member of them.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#504367 Jan 5, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sere, I trust you and your Sweety had a nice Christmas
Jesus said what comes out a persons mouth is in their heart,June has a
narcissistic personality disorder, she has a lot to say but doesn't have any knowledge about what she is talking about. Her knowledge comes from authors and the books they wrote,
nothing comes from a clear thought in her head, she agrees with them all, even though the authors don't agree with each other.
She resorts to telling you, what you are thinking or feeling, when in fact it is her own opinion of what she is thinking about you.
She is not stable, I am on a site she can't even get on though I am sure she has tried.
She is bitter , she has a lot to say about God who she doesn't believe in.
Happy New Year to you and Herme God Bless you both I hope Herme is doing well.
Ahhh sounds,like a secret site,..Lol

There are a few,on topix also ..peaceful places,usually ...sigh

Orlando, FL

#504368 Jan 5, 2014
Religion 101...

1... You cannot validate an unprovable religious faith through reason and logic on a message board.

2... The only way to validate your faith is to live it.

But actually walking the talk is a lot harder than yapping about it.

Ramen brothers

Orlando, FL

#504369 Jan 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Walking with Jesus,
truth

Perth, Australia

#504370 Jan 5, 2014
Mercy my God.
Did someone hear cry of them..not at all.?!
Mercy Sister on holy way been drove away in name of Jesus Christ and who ever sit in that school after who trust in name of Jesus Christ have to go you are not member of red party!

Its been very nice been punished in name of Jesus Christ.
Then they start following again!
Who?
do art
Why?
its eye bird of perspective as detective..

Why me?
My another school have name of great Poemist!
Then I start wrote nicely and recover toward excellent point.
Oh dear God when they come other teacher have quick meeting
o yes they declare war over them who follow me!

No I hear very nice Principal as well others.

Not here!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#504371 Jan 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So, we have evidence of you plagiarizing:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

And of you admitting to posting under another poster's moniker:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

And now accusing me of lying without the ability to back it up.

Don't project your dishonesty on me, child.

If your eye offends you, get a corrective lens.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#504372 Jan 5, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sere, I trust you and your Sweety had a nice Christmas
Jesus said what comes out a persons mouth is in their heart,June has a
narcissistic personality disorder, she has a lot to say but doesn't have any knowledge about what she is talking about. Her knowledge comes from authors and the books they wrote,
nothing comes from a clear thought in her head, she agrees with them all, even though the authors don't agree with each other.
She resorts to telling you, what you are thinking or feeling, when in fact it is her own opinion of what she is thinking about you.
She is not stable, I am on a site she can't even get on though I am sure she has tried.
She is bitter , she has a lot to say about God who she doesn't believe in.
Happy New Year to you and Herme God Bless you both I hope Herme is doing well.
Yes we had a nice Christmas.I hope all is well with you and your husband is feeling much better now. Happy New Year to you and your family! God Bless...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr Barmsweb 84,702
News What is up with that strange photo of President... 8 hr Pope Closet Emeritus 9
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... 22 hr BB Board 1
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Fri True Christian wi... 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 24 Apostolic of anot... 10,545
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
News President Trump to meet with Pope Francis May 23 Rico from East Lo... 4
More from around the web