Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653701 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504267 Jan 5, 2014
Hitler was jealous of the Jews' ability to make and to manage money. So Hitler stole their money from them and with his arrogant mismanagement of money decimated Germany.

The Catholic-Hitler didn't know how to manage finances. He thought he should be able to rule the world, as did the popes and as did Joseph Stalin and others that allowed their Catholic training to go to their heads.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#504268 Jan 5, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that demons can be within the physical form of all Christians, I can see that!
Just curious though, where in the Christian book of lies does it state what you posted?
Seentheotherside

Lets us reason here....

Christians are sinners.(though they seek righteousness) And they do sin.

Demons, and fallen angels as well as human nature is the reason people sin.

So pick up a Bible, and wherever it is written about sin(which is quite extensive) you can be sure demons, fallen angels, and human nature are involved.

By reason again, the non-believer is not fighting sin, but merely follows his nature. It is the Christian who is attacked, led into temptation and sins, and INTERNALLY struggles with demons....

If you would like specific scriptures I can quote them.... For the most part though, I believe the scriptures are good for those who follow them, and those who do not, may benefit. However, explaining them for the non-believer can be a challenge....

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504270 Jan 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called a Bible...and you are not understanding it...
Do YOU understand that the new testament was based on the idea that Jesus perceived the Jews as his enemies???

Do you GET that that IS the basis of Christianity???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#504269 Jan 5, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see you being interested in the truth either.
You have actually lied a lot from what I've seen since coming here.
Go hiss with Chess....he is under a big rock basking in his lies...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504271 Jan 5, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Seentheotherside
Peace
I meant no insult. He does not believe, it is not my job to think and believe for him.
Peace
Yet you belong to a religion that preaches that if he does not believe ... his fate is HELL!

Your PEACE symbol is despicable, as is your honor of John Chrysostom.

Location hidden

#504272 Jan 5, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Robert F,
Better warn this poster about your belief that demons are confided to water before he becomes possessed by one. That is, if it's not already too late.
I'm new here, so does "OldJG" seem possessed by anyone?
Seentheotherside

OldJG and I have difficulty in communicating. I take fault for that.

I am known to be a Catholic on the thread, and he is very anti-Roman Catholic. And when I say Catholic, I am meaning that I am more inclined to a universal call of Christianity. Although some seek to make Christianity an exclusive club....

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504273 Jan 5, 2014
If religion had been good, one would think that five years training as a priest would have instilled some decency in Joseph Stalin ... RIGHT???

He went on to have approximately 20 million humans put to death.

The popes ordered "heretics" put to death for all the centuries they were in complete power. I suggest we can't even imagine how many innocent humans were imprisoned, tortured and died at the orders of the popes.

Joseph Stalin knew his religion VERY well.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504274 Jan 5, 2014
And Martin Luther, being an ex-Catholic, took his earlier training into his new religion with great enthusiasm.

I suggest you keep in mind that the peasants were starving to death while in turn, Luther was plumped up as was a turkey before thanksgiving.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following…………..

Luther believed that the sword of government had been given by God to the princes, and the peasants, even though treated unjustly, were not justified in taking the sword into their own hands. In his eyes they had become robbers and murderers, faithless and perjured. In his infamous essay, in May, 1525, Against the Robbing and Murdering Hordes of Peasants, Luther called on the nobles to use any means available to suppress the rebels.“Smite, slay, and stab, secretly and openly … as if among mad dogs,” he urged,“lest the whole land be ruined.”

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504275 Jan 5, 2014
Those men that served supposed gods were something else!

I suggest they were examples of what humans should NOT aspire to be!!!

Location hidden

#504276 Jan 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your own Catholic beliefs Robert, and they are suited to your nature.
So please don't pretend that you want my opinion on any issue whatsoever, as that is your lie.
June

Be nice, June. I only asked a question.

I wanted to see how extensive your disbelief in religion extended into politics. Apparently, you do not want to reveal such an opinion....Makes me wonder why.(Hmmmm.)

You probably like the French version of "O Canada"..., am I right?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504277 Jan 5, 2014
Thomas Jefferson in his own version of the bible, rewrote what he was certain Jesus would have said had he been alive to speak for his self.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”

In his classic Notes on the State of Virginia (1785), Jefferson remarked how “unfortunate” it was that it had pleased God to make Africans black
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#504278 Jan 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
And Martin Luther, being an ex-Catholic, took his earlier training into his new religion with great enthusiasm.
I suggest you keep in mind that the peasants were starving to death while in turn, Luther was plumped up as was a turkey before thanksgiving.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following…………..
Luther believed that the sword of government had been given by God to the princes, and the peasants, even though treated unjustly, were not justified in taking the sword into their own hands. In his eyes they had become robbers and murderers, faithless and perjured. In his infamous essay, in May, 1525, Against the Robbing and Murdering Hordes of Peasants, Luther called on the nobles to use any means available to suppress the rebels.“Smite, slay, and stab, secretly and openly … as if among mad dogs,” he urged,“lest the whole land be ruined.”
Mmmm.'Peasants.'Yea very interesting.See June,we read your comments.You're not alone.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504279 Jan 5, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Be nice, June. I only asked a question.
I wanted to see how extensive your disbelief in religion extended into politics. Apparently, you do not want to reveal such an opinion....Makes me wonder why.(Hmmmm.)
You probably like the French version of "O Canada"..., am I right?
I suggest you PLAY with others.
Michael

Canada

#504280 Jan 5, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to hate everyone but yourself....sad...You are the Grim Reaper and I bet you don't get invited to very many parties...
Are you mad because she never invites you to her parties? Is that why you are down on Debbie Downer?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504281 Jan 5, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Mmmm.'Peasants.'Yea very interesting.See June,we read your comments.You're not alone.
Martin Luther didn't consider his self as a peasant. After all ... he was a prestigious serial-killer following the will of "god."

That was his story and he was "sticking to it."

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504282 Jan 5, 2014
Martin Luther used his "position" to be a an absolute BULLY.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

peas·ant

noun: peasant; plural noun: peasants.

a poor farmer of low social status who owns or rents a small piece of land for cultivation (chiefly in historical use or with reference to subsistence farming in poorer countries).

https://www.google.ca/#q=peasant+definition
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#504283 Jan 5, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
I have brought up this point to Christians before, that, when convenient, you all arrogantly claim you have the correct verse interpretation, and everyone else is wrong, because YOU have the "Magic Demon Spirit" thingy possessing you. But ALL Christians make this arrogant proclamation. But if there really was such a thing guiding them to the ultimate spiritual truth, wouldn't >>>ALL<<< Christians be in full accord as to what it all means?
You said:
"if there really was such a thing as the ultimate spiritual truth, wouldn't >>>>all<< << Christians be in full accord as to what it all means"?

There is a Catholic (Universal, unified, one fold, one faith) Church who has the full deposit of faith from the Apostles. All that God wills to reveal to us, is revealed thru this Church. They have about 1.2 billion members throughout the earth. Everyday, we share the same liturgy and meal (Eucharist). The Catholic Church is the only one who can trace themselves to Jesus Christ.(I do include the eastern Orthodox with this). All other sects- including the bizarre named 'church of christ' who can be traced to 1880 AD. No other structural organization on the planet has existed as long as the Catholic Church. Thru their sacred traditions, they developed a Bible. Once it became published in a printed book in 1452 AD, common folk read it and began to splinter off into a never ending abyss of doctrines. Every week a new Christian 'church' arrives..
So to answer your question, if you wanna know about correct verse interpretations, go to the group who compiled the bible AND put it into chapters and verses.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504284 Jan 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you mad because she never invites you to her parties? Is that why you are down on Debbie Downer?
I suggest that If you are invited to their parties, it's because they want to convert you to the religion that they assure was chosen as the only truth on earth ... BY GOD.

BWAAAGH!!!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#504285 Jan 5, 2014
Of all the preachers on earth whose attitudes bugged me, Jerry Falwell had to take the prize as being the most obnoxious to my sensitivities.

At approximately four hundred pounds of weight, and having all the comforts of life ... he dared to preach of SIN when people were and ARE starving for those same comforts.

It has always put my teeth on edge to hear preachers going on about the SIN of prostitution, when for some women in poverty-stricken countries, it was the ONLY way they could feed their families.

Sickening blather!!!
Michael

Canada

#504286 Jan 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Yes indeed ... had Jesus lived he was quite a character.
He was a proud Jewish Rabbi one day, until he saw some Catholics in the river Jordon, and Jesus said to Saint John,(who was Catholic)... "I now detest Judaism and the Jews, so I want them slayed. Would you be so kind as to baptize me into the only religion on earth that teaches truth?"
And John, the Catholic Saint immediately baptized Jesus, and taught him all the TRICKS of being a faithful Catholic. And that is why Jesus now works 24/7 in Catholic confessionals, and his images hang here and there in Catholic churches the world over.
If you people don't choose to wake up, no one can do it for you.
....What would have happened if Jesus was out of town the day John Baptist was to baptize him, and John the Baptist wasn't coming back anytime soon?

.....History tells us that there were many men from Judea that claimed to be the messiah during this era. What would have happened if John Baptist, had baptized the wrong person?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 8 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web