Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596282 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#503981 Jan 3, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Happy New Year!!!!
Happy New Year to you and yours!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503982 Jan 3, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Atheism is a religion as well.
re·li·gion

noun

noun: religion

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

https://www.google.ca/#q=Religion+definition

Prince George, Canada

#503983 Jan 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
There is a place called "hell".....
From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

The goddesses

Hel

It was a goddess, also, who guarded the kingdom of the dead, at least as far as the Scandinavians were concerned, and she was called Hel. She lived underground, in the land of shades, which in many ways was like the Orcas of the Ancients, but it must not be thought of as a place of torture and punishment like the Christian hell. Hel, therefore, was not an evil deity, and she is never quoted as the daughter of the diabolical Loki until after certain late texts make their appearance, undoubtedly under the influence of the Christian faith.
truth

Perth, Australia

#503984 Jan 3, 2014
strabunjala

How you can be liar?

nice smooth silky skin light then i see open wounds they liked died but can't..
I see that!
What a shame from you?
Are you joking with poor or rich naive people?
no
God plain is God Plain..Is true what Christ say to Peter..what is in God plain its not in human mind no.

Prince George, Canada

#503985 Jan 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They did NOT want to start a,new,Church ..
Luther's,main problem was,...indulgences,..penance .
Luther's main problem was his lust for a Catholic nun that he wanted to marry and being a monk, pope Leo X frowned on Luther's disobedience to Catholic rules.

So Luther made it point to show the pope who was boss.

husker

Falls City, NE

#503986 Jan 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They did NOT want to start a,new,Church ..
Luther's,main problem was,...indulgences,..penance .
Jesus,paid the ultimate sAcrifice ..EVERY SIN OF A KIND WAS,ON THAT CROSS ..
What can a,man do but believe ..
Repent for the SIN ALREADY PAID for .
Calves,..or hail Mary s as,penance nor indulgences, cannot pay for sin ALREADY PAID FOR .
I could care less,what each denomination says CLAY ..that's the heart of it .
And like it or not GOD allowed the Reformation and the Prosestants,to spread the word .to the New,World ...yes,along with the brave Catholic missionaries,...in a COUNTRY FOUNDED by folks who thought there should be NO STATE RELIGION.OR PERSECUTION for not flowing it or reading a bible ...And they made it into law,.
The RCC Was,too entwined with politics,...something had to change ..
It did ..yes,y our pope I think will be a big force for change ..maybe God wanted the change sooner ..following HIS MESSAGE ...believe ..be born again ...follow,ME ..love your neighbor ...in bibles,that were used a,primers for children .
There was no pure bible study..though we learned it .
My daughter was talking about all the books in the bible ..SORRY CLAY ..we learned in the Mass in pieces,...never reAding full books as kids .
Now you HAVE BIBLE STUDY ...
All change is not bad ..But you folks on this forum deny anything ever changed ..it has,just in my lifetime ...
You make accusations,of fundamentalism because I say we called the CHURCH ...ROMAN CATHOLIC ...the pope did..the nuns did..the catechism did ..You cannot admit things,have changed in 60 years,let alone in the middle ages,.
That Church was NOT the same Chur h led by your most 'recent POPES ....it was a political force run by a quasi monarch using logical influence in the secular business of countries .
It changed ...And the Reformation had a,big hand in that ..You g is should thank God for that
Belief in the SAviour is,a one on one proposition ...as will be the JUDGEMENT
Why are you bringing this up again, rose? How many times do we have to tell you that you are wrong? I guess many. You just don't learn.

Prince George, Canada

#503987 Jan 3, 2014
All through the centuries popes changed the rules of supposed "conduct" by their own wills.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

On the death of Alexander II, Hildebrand ordered a fast for three days, and was then acclaimed by the people and elected by the cardinals as Pope Gregory VII (1073—85). Dedicated to the austere ideals of Cluny, Gregory sought to enforce clerical celibacy not only as a purer state but as a means of freeing the church from the world. In1074 he prohibited future marriages and ordered married priests to dismiss their wives or give up reading mass. Clerical marriage from his viewpoint was no better than fornication. Laymen were urged not to take the sacraments from such guilty priests. Havoc resulted. Priests were insulted, tortured; some were driven to suicide, some even murdered. Legal wives became harlots, and legitimate children, bastards. But Gregory moved relentlessly forward, unseating bishops who opposed him, especially in the north. He enforced clerical celibacy, but at a great price and without permanence, for at the time of the Reformation in the sixteenth century the church was licensing clerical concubines and taxing the children of bishops.
truth

Perth, Australia

#503988 Jan 3, 2014
Why I have to say thanks?

Its not nice and please see!

Open wounds they liked died but can't.
God know I am not liar.
Don't do to other people wrong if you don't know full and real story!

Ones for ever you can find and be very please what I wrote here.

Yes you can understood for God is very easy find out.

Prince George, Canada

#503989 Jan 3, 2014
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

The same disapproval of pleasure affected the priestly way of life, which had to be remote from the moral slums of everyday existence. Hostility to marriage logically leads to the celibate life of the priesthood. And so it is no wonder that the great Mariologist and despiser of marriage, Pope Siricus, stood in the forefront of the battle against the marriage of priests. He had a decisive influence on the development of celibacy when in his letter to the Spanish bishop Himerius of Tarragona (385) he labeled it a crimen for priests to continue having relationships with their wives after their ordination. He called that an abscoena cupiditas.(At the beginning of the evolution of celibacy most priests were still married; only after 1139 were priests no longer allowed to marry.)

Prince George, Canada

#503990 Jan 3, 2014
Din Timelines

World History Timelines

dec 14 - Adrian II, Italian Pope (867-72)/last married pope, dies at about 80.

Prince George, Canada

#503991 Jan 3, 2014
Such idiocy ... putting a dead man on trial!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Din Timelines

World History Timelines

x - Pope Formosus is exhumed and put to trial by Pope Stephen VI.

Prince George, Canada

#503992 Jan 3, 2014
World History Timelines

Din Timelines

mar 08 - Italian Pope Celestine II r.1143-1144, Guido, dies in battle.

Prince George, Canada

#503993 Jan 3, 2014
World History Timelines
Din Timelines

x - Papal bull orders the burning of any books questioning Church's authority
marge

Ames, IA

#503994 Jan 3, 2014
All glory and honor and thanks to God our Father that our church never changed from the beginning!
marge

Ames, IA

#503995 Jan 3, 2014
husker wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you bringing this up again, rose? How many times do we have to tell you that you are wrong? I guess many. You just don't learn.
Lol you have never proved us wrong and husker why oh why do you deny the Word.
marge

Ames, IA

#503996 Jan 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
World History Timelines
Din Timelines
x - Papal bull orders the burning of any books questioning Church's authority
June, I'm going to post the link to the evolution vrs GOD movie again tomorrow, I hope we can have some real dialog back and forth, lets at least try to hear one another and respond to a point at a time, the catholics don't talk to me anymore and can't make a single 'point' anyway so what you say, friends?
marge

Ames, IA

#503997 Jan 3, 2014
We know who wins ahead of time we do.

Truth is the theme.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#503998 Jan 3, 2014
Only One Is the True Church of Christ Many today believe that all churches are right. In other words, it does not really matter which church one goes to. They say,“God has saved people in all churches. It is up to the individual in each church to be sincere in his worship and accept Jesus as his personal Saviour.” They also say,“God has His children in all denominations. Therefore all churches are the same.” These statements are made by well know preachers,“pastors,” and members of various denominations. I want to answer this opinion from the Biblical point of view. I would also like to ask each reader to be open-minded. The Bible says:“To-day if ye shall hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.”(Hebrews 3:15). What is a Church? Before the above opinions can be discussed, we must first know what the word “church” means.“Church” is a translation of the Greek word &#7952;&#9 54;&#954;& #955;&#951; &#963;&#94 3;&#945; (ekkl&#275;sia ). Greek is the language in which the New Testament was first written. &#7960;&#9 54;&#954;& #955;&#951; &#963;&#94 3;&#945; means “a called out assembly,”“a congregation.” It refers to God’s people who are called out of the world into fellowship with Him (I John 1:3; Acts 26:16-18; Colossians 1:13, I Peter 2:9-10). The church is God’s redeemed people (Acts 20:28; Titus 2:14; I Peter 1:18-19). It is a holy nation (I Peter 2:9). Members of the church are citizens of a heavenly kingdom (Colossians 1:13; Philippians 3:20-21). The church is part of God’s eternal purpose in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 3:8-11). When Jesus said:“I will build my church,” He meant to establish His redeemed people who would be a holy nation, citizens of his heavenly kingdom (Matthew 16:18). Since Jesus Christ Himself established His church, then no man on earth has a right to establish a church. Jesus said:“But he answered and said, Every plant which my heavenly Father planted not, shall be rooted up.”(Matthew 15:13). The Psalmist wrote:“Except Jehovah build the house, They labor in vain that build it”(Psalm 127:1). Where Can One Find Salvation? Since no man has a right to establish any church, it follows that only in the church which Jesus established is salvation to be found. Then Jesus promised,“I will build my church,” note that He was promising to build one church, not many. This one church began in Jerusalem on the first Pentecost day after His resurrection. Three thousand people heard the gospel. They believed and were baptized and the Lord added them to His church (Acts 2:36-38, 42, 47). Jesus Christ is the Saviour of His body, which is the church (Ephesians 1:22-23; 5:23).
truth

Perth, Australia

#503999 Jan 3, 2014
what church need its from us not from any your building

alive church is people

go away back satan
truth

Perth, Australia

#504000 Jan 3, 2014
God is Alive God.
As well alive people too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Married in 9,533
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web