Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681967 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#503962 Jan 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year to you folks too!
Happy New Year to you also friend!!!
Liam

Garden City, MI

#503963 Jan 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just from.reading this,far ..he has,a,good head ..it's not up to any of us,to doubt anyone else's,salvation.
I also have to say
I never learned ANTI CATHOLICISM in the Baptist Church ..or from.any sermon I've heard since coming reborn.
I've heard..read it here ...also anti evangelicalism
I've been accused of being ANTI Catholic ..I'm.not ..I believe there is,much good in your Church.
I don't believe evolution or NEW,ISRAEL ..That I've read,here ...But those are just things you folks,say are theories,.
I DO understand the Reformation ...what they wanted to change that was being done or had been by less than godly HUMANS ..
BUT I niece God can lead us,to salvation WHERE EVER HE CHOOSES..in any CHURCH ..yours,..mine ..NO CHURCH .....HE CREATED the universe and is,NOT LIMITED BY MANS,
denominations ...
Make of that what you will ..
As you can see if you read my last few posts,..I do not subscribe to nonsense quoted on some stupid website ..And,will say so..
Peace
One must be FOR GOD ..not AGAINST those He has,called ...IMO.
Disagreement is,not ANTI ..big difference
You said: "I do understand the reformation.. What they wanted to change what was being done, or had been done by less than godly humans"

I don't think you understand the Protestant reformation. This wasn't a good reformation led by Luther. It derailed immediately. It undid the word of God. Yes the Catholic Church needed to be reformed in the 16th century, but not like that. Pope Francis is reforming the Church right now without starting a different one. In the case of your protestant forefathers, they introduced doctrines that were completely against what Jesus taught. By now, you should realize that. The modern born again evangelical movement looks nothing like the first Protestants nor any protestant sect in the following decades since Luther started it all. ungodly leaders is no reason to unravel the word of God.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#503964 Jan 3, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
You only say that because you were brainwashed to say that.
Oh sure, the preacher SAYS that, and uses all kinds of clever lies and mis-interpretations, but he's just brainwashing people to believe his self serving lies. That's what ALL Christian churches do. That's why there are over 30,000 Christian denominations that all claim THEY and ONLY THEY are "true" Christians. But NONE of you are. If you were, you would be doing ALL the crazy and evil things your "god" tells you to do. Like stoning your disobedient children, making a raped women marry her rapist, hating your entire family, giving up all your possessions, etc. Which none of you would do. So you are ALL fakes.
SEEN!!! How are you 'old friend'? I heard you passed on.

Location hidden

#503965 Jan 3, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a good christmas. Saw my kids and grand daughters and a few friends. I could go for some turkey again right now!(lol) I am sure you also had a good christmas season.
Temperature right now is 0 but warming up tomorrow to 32 farenheight. Big snow storm coming on Sunday for us I think you in the mid west might get the storm a couple days before us, don't know if it is going that far north.
----------
I know negative comments true or or false upset you, some people do it to push peoples buttons. You know I get enough of them myself and many of them are mean, but! I just roll with it.
We all believe we are experts and know all the answers. That is why this forum has survived so long.
Have a great day..........BURRRRRRR!!!
Happy New Year!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#503966 Jan 3, 2014
you stolen time for 33,333333333 %
now
my 2.5 033 will be as present day in future
not yetttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
until darkness finish present system
after that not will be sun like this nooooooooooooooo
its will be loving power as light full of love
i see i walk as i am today in darkness where is nothing alive..
yee
my love is better then life
yeeeeeeeeeeee

Location hidden

#503967 Jan 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I ever claim to KNOW anything about God ?
Anyone can question my beliefs, I do so myself all the time.
Happy New Year!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#503968 Jan 3, 2014
don't pretend with your lips noooooo

Location hidden

#503969 Jan 3, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"]<quoted text>
"I will start out by saying that, though I was once one of you-and I will get to that a little
later-I am now a Catholic. I do not condemn you nor doubt your salvation. You believe in
the Lord Jesus, have presumably been baptized in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy
Spirit and seek to serve the Lord and obey His will. We will most assuredly spend
eternity together in heaven. You may say,“No way Steve, you are not saved the “Bible
way” and never have been, and you will spend eternity in hell.” However, even by your
soteriology I will go to heaven, since one who accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior
“your way” has eternal security. I have done so. I used to be an anti-Catholic and spent a
good bit of time writing tracts, witnessing to Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, unsaved
pagans and the “salvation-by-works-Catholics. ” We went door to door and hit every
home within a ten-mile radius of our church over a period of six years. We brought
people in for Gospel Meetings, even taking the meetings to halls we rented in all the
nearby towns and cities. We converted many Catholics to the fundamentalist gospel."
http://www.catholic-convert.com/wp-content/up...
~~~
I used to be an anti-Catholic and spent a
good bit of time writing tracts, witnessing to Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, unsaved
pagans and the “salvation-by-works-Catholics. ” We went door to door and hit every
home within a ten-mile radius of our church over a period of six years. We brought
people in for Gospel Meetings, even taking the meetings to halls we rented in all the
nearby towns and cities. We converted many Catholics to the fundamentalist gospel."
http://www.catholic-convert.com/wp-content/up... [/]
~~~
SO WHY DID THE PERSON BACKSLIDE AND
TURN FROM
TO THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD?
Happy New Year!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#503970 Jan 3, 2014
truth

Perth, Australia

#503971 Jan 3, 2014

plenty jealous wicket 's around me
unfriendly talk too
justice and so on unworthy too

they still pray one have to died or divorce
house is still full of negative side

false evil accusers are still act and doing wrong things
even when they speak nice I don't trust them
no
Who seek my life must died!!!
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i am still alive as I am

by

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503972 Jan 3, 2014
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be more concerned with what your book of mythology defines a soul as. I mean, with all this running around, yelling and screaming, trying to force everyone to accept Christianity to "save" their souls, I would think that would be on top of the list to find answers on. If it's so all fired important, you should be searching your book of mythology that claims to have ALL the spiritual answers for what they define a soul to be. There should be tons of info on it, if your book really has ALL the spiritual answers as claimed. So tell me what you find.
I don't have a book of mythology....
truth

Perth, Australia

#503973 Jan 3, 2014
asked yourself about deceivers and possessors

who is on my place too

byyyyyyyyyy my lovely lips evil talkers and stokers

they can nice speak but act and do as much worse then anything
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#503974 Jan 3, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Happy New Year to you also friend!!!
And right back to folks too sis! I wish you all the best success and peace in the coming year!
truth

Perth, Australia

#503975 Jan 3, 2014
i am not going where you going for any pleasure of this world
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo

you are not special even if you nice talk
and walk rich as you think that you are full of pride o yes and knowledge too..

by

n
marge

Leesburg, GA

#503976 Jan 3, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: "I do understand the reformation.. What they wanted to change what was being done, or had been done by less than godly humans"
I don't think you understand the Protestant reformation. This wasn't a good reformation led by Luther. It derailed immediately. It undid the word of God. Yes the Catholic Church needed to be reformed in the 16th century, but not like that. Pope Francis is reforming the Church right now without starting a different one. In the case of your protestant forefathers, they introduced doctrines that were completely against what Jesus taught. By now, you should realize that. The modern born again evangelical movement looks nothing like the first Protestants nor any protestant sect in the following decades since Luther started it all. ungodly leaders is no reason to unravel the word of God.
How is pope Francis reforming the church? We can't seem to get an answer Claypool do you know?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503977 Jan 3, 2014
There is a place called "hell".....

Mt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

There is a place called "Heaven"....

Mt 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
truth

Perth, Australia

#503978 Jan 3, 2014
entire Sun system can be small then child marble..
by
so easy

n
ne.stra.bunjaj

nobody scare
not reason for that
nooooooooooooooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#503979 Jan 3, 2014
not scare=nema straha
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#503980 Jan 3, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
They did NOT want to start a,new,Church ..

Luther's,main problem was,...indulgences,..penance .

Jesus,paid the ultimate sAcrifice ..EVERY SIN OF A KIND WAS,ON THAT CROSS ..

What can a,man do but believe ..

Repent for the SIN ALREADY PAID for .

Calves,..or hail Mary s as,penance nor indulgences, cannot pay for sin ALREADY PAID FOR .

I could care less,what each denomination says CLAY ..that's the heart of it .

And like it or not GOD allowed the Reformation and the Prosestants,to spread the word .to the New,World ...yes,along with the brave Catholic missionaries,...in a COUNTRY FOUNDED by folks who thought there should be NO STATE RELIGION.OR PERSECUTION for not flowing it or reading a bible ...And they made it into law,.

The RCC Was,too entwined with politics,...something had to change ..

It did ..yes,y our pope I think will be a big force for change ..maybe God wanted the change sooner ..following HIS MESSAGE ...believe ..be born again ...follow,ME ..love your neighbor ...in bibles,that were used a,primers for children .

There was no pure bible study..though we learned it .

My daughter was talking about all the books in the bible ..SORRY CLAY ..we learned in the Mass in pieces,...never reAding full books as kids .
Now you HAVE BIBLE STUDY ...

All change is not bad ..But you folks on this forum deny anything ever changed ..it has,just in my lifetime ...

You make accusations,of fundamentalism because I say we called the CHURCH ...ROMAN CATHOLIC ...the pope did..the nuns did..the catechism did ..You cannot admit things,have changed in 60 years,let alone in the middle ages,.

That Church was NOT the same Chur h led by your most 'recent POPES ....it was a political force run by a quasi monarch using logical influence in the secular business of countries .

It changed ...And the Reformation had a,big hand in that ..You g is should thank God for that

Belief in the SAviour is,a one on one proposition ...as will be the JUDGEMENT

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#503981 Jan 3, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Happy New Year!!!!
Happy New Year to you and yours!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web