Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,400
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503619 Jan 2, 2014
Pope Francis is working hard to change the image of the Catholic church into something worthy of worship.

It seems he wants to impress the people of the world that Catholic leaders CAN be nice ... after all.

I suggest the only thing that prevents another Inquisition is the laws in America won't allow one Christian religion to play favorites over another Christian religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.

Favors extended to adherents of the Established Church displeased Dissenters. The reappearance of this formidable union of church and state, from which they had fled, stirred anew the ancient wrath against that combination.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#503620 Jan 2, 2014
Hello? There is no empirical evidence showing that God even exists.

(THis is why so many are here attempting to validate their god.)

If you think about it as a rational person, this lack of evidence is startling. There is not one bit of empirical evidence indicating that today's "God", nor any other contemporary god, nor any god of the past, exists.

In addition we know that:

>>> If we had scientific proof of God's existence, we would talk about the "science of God" rather than "faith in God".

>>> If we had scientific proof of God's existence, the study of God would be a scientific endeavor rather than a theological one.

>>> If we had scientific proof of God's existence, all religious people would be aligning on the God that had been scientifically proven to exist. Instead there are thousands of gods and religions.

The reason for this lack of evidence is easy for any unbiased observer to see.

The reason why there is no empirical evidence for God is because every God invented by mankind is imaginary.

Prince George, Canada

#503621 Jan 2, 2014
The cat-fights between Protestants and Catholics on this forum indicates the animosity that still exists between the factions, as they both preach that "Jesus" approves of their own behavior.

Only people in religion can change by leaving religion ... and the will (as it is plain on this forum) is only to defend the doctrines written by ancient dumbed-down old men that all bragged of owning the one and only truth, as they defended their own preferential cults.

What a shame!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#503622 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you had it your way ... your one and only religion would rule all other humans as the one and only truth in the universe.
That is why religion can't ever unite or create any semblance of peace.
By the motivation of individual arrogant-preachers, it simply creates more and more division.
The problem is man simply wants to do things the way they want to instead of doing it the way God has instructed us to do it. By doing it God's way would lead us to one church instead of thousands.. God only created one church and that church is the Church of Christ and the reason it is the church of the bible is it's because it worships and does everything according to the way God wanted his church set up. The reason why this is so difficult for people to understand is their lazy, their to lazy to really apply themselves to learning the bible. Check how your church worships according to how the bible says its suppose to, and if it doesn't worship the way the bible says you're suppose to then you're in the wrong church.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#503623 Jan 2, 2014
The problem is man simply wants to do things the way they want to instead of doing it the way God has instructed us to do it. By doing it God's way would lead us to one church instead of thousands.. God only created one church and that church is the Church of Christ and the reason it is the church of the bible is it's because it worships and does everything according to the way God wanted his church set up. The reason why this is so difficult for people to understand is their lazy, their to lazy to really apply themselves to learning the bible. Check how your church worships according to how the bible says its suppose to, and if it doesn't worship the way the bible says you're suppose to then you're in the wrong church.

Prince George, Canada

#503624 Jan 2, 2014
As an Atheist who admits that I don't know the future, I am perceived as an enemy of those in religions, who in turn have been willing to kill, and are STILL willing to kill in order to defend their own doctrines as being based on absolute truth.

I suggest by being so obstinate and arrogant in the attitude that you know the future ... you are not only your own worst enemies ... you are the enemies of any semblance of world peace.

If those in religion would all say to each other ... "I don't know the answers" ... there would be nothing over which TO fight, as religion would lose its power to instigate ALL forms of right-fighting.

Prince George, Canada

#503625 Jan 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
If you think about it as a rational person, this lack of evidence is startling. There is not one bit of empirical evidence indicating that today's "God", nor any other contemporary god, nor any god of the past, exists.
>>> If we had scientific proof of God's existence, we would talk about the "science of God" rather than "faith in God".
>>> If we had scientific proof of God's existence, the study of God would be a scientific endeavor rather than a theological one.
>>> If we had scientific proof of God's existence, all religious people would be aligning on the God that had been scientifically proven to exist. Instead there are thousands of gods and religions.
The reason why there is no empirical evidence for God is because every God invented by mankind is imaginary.
Very well stated ... but I suggest it won't make any difference, as preachers on threads of forums receive their HIGHS FROM preaching ... and they don't want to give those hypnotic-HIGHS up for love nor money.

Prince George, Canada

#503626 Jan 2, 2014
It is ironic that the preachers in churches that took years of intensive indoctrination (training) in religious "colleges" to get them where they are, are now leaving the ministry in droves.

I suggest that the ones on threads of forums, that consider their selves called by a god to preach, are simply entertaining their selves with those pompous self-inflated grandiose ideas.

In everyday life, I suggest they couldn't preach their way out of paper bags, without others laughing at their stupidity.

Prince George, Canada

#503627 Jan 2, 2014
Preacher of any old religion, busy gazing in the mirror ... "If only others would see me as I see my self, they would understand that I am WISE in the ways of the universe. I KNOW the answers that others can't see ... but how will I make them understand that I am just trying to help them. This is such a difficult job GOD has put in my heart ... but I won't let him down. I will take their abuse as a compliment and keep on preaching GOD's truth until I die. May I have the strength to endure the heavy load that GOD has put upon me. AMEN and AMEN."

Prince George, Canada

#503628 Jan 2, 2014
I listened to this "music" and found it boring in it's repetitive beat.

People in religion use the same repetition to put them into states of hypnotic trances ... I suggest for the purpose of attempting to escape the emotional and physical suffering that occurs in daily life.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

According to Scientists, This is The Most Relaxing Tune Ever Recorded

http://dailyhealthpost.com/according-to-scien...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#503629 Jan 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Last last ride on this merry-go-round...
Show one post where I said "the following is my own info"...or signed my sign-on name to such when it wasn't.......
You don't want to give credit to my sources...you want to try to discredit them...
Thief, how does one give credit to your sources when you don't cite them? Thief, post the source of the statement.

Prince George, Canada

#503630 Jan 2, 2014
Chants were and are meant to put followers into states of hypnosis.

Two-hour Buddhist chant.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

I suggest that if all animals were free of suffering ... none of them would want to escape from life on earth.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#503631 Jan 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A third source.....same message...
POPE JOHN PAUL II REJECTS REALITY OF A LITERAL HELL
During his weekly address to the general audience of 8,500 people at the Vatican on July 28, 1999, Pope John Paul II rejected the reality of a physical, literal hell as a place of eternal fire and torment. Rather, the pope said hell is separation, even in this life, from the joyful communion with God. According to an official Vatican transcript of the pope's speech, Pope John Paul II noted that the Scriptural references to hell and the images portrayed by Scripture are only symbolic and figurative of "the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. " He added, "Rather than a physical place, hell is the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy." He said hell is "a condition resulting from attitudes and actions which people adopt in this life." Concerning the concept of eternal damnation, the pope said, "Damnation consists precisely in definitive separation from God, freely chosen by the human person, and confirmed with death that seals his choice for ever." The pope also added, "The thought of hell and even less the improper use of biblical images must not create anxiety or despair." Rather, he stated, it is a reminder of the freedom found in Christ.
Ant.....look!!!!!! "According to an official Vatican transcript of the pope's speech, Pope John Paul II noted that the Scriptural references to hell and the images portrayed by Scripture are only symbolic and figurative of "the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. "
Thief, cite the source for the following;

"“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God” Pope Francis declared."

Prince George, Canada

#503632 Jan 2, 2014
People in religion USE their religion to try to explain the reason for suffering.

I don't try to explain a reason for suffering, as I accept that all animals suffer simply because it is the way of life.

Stephen Hawking has suffered from ALS for years. He is not able to move his own body, yet he will not buy into the idea that his suffering is because he fell short of a god's expectations. He is simply thankful to have had the experience of life and has no expectations of being rewarded or punished in an afterlife ... as he has no religious inclinations.

You can believe what pleases you ... but I suggest you would do well to ask your selves "WHY" what you believe has a habit of pleasing you.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#503633 Jan 2, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
You've asserted several times on the forum that the Catholic Church teaches priests to tell her members not to read the bible. I've asked you to prove it and you've never answered. If you avoid addressing this, why should people believe anything else you say?

Prince George, Canada

#503634 Jan 2, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thief, how does one give credit to your sources when you don't cite them? Thief, post the source of the statement.
Have you tried preaching your message of LOVE at passers-by on a street corner ... bible at the ready???

Sarcasm intended

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503635 Jan 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
God's R Delusions

Peace

By your bias, God must be "a posteriori" in observations, in order to exist. Thus whatever you observe, God must not be present.

But if God is "a priori" then God may exist. If God does something once, and only once, then your bias is incorrect.

Thirdly, upon your empirical evidence, two(or more) observers may observe the same thing and come up with completely different theories as to what was observed. So observational data is not a determining factor concerning the existence of God as we perceive.

This provides two short proofs why your bias, and evidence are flawed.

In a sense, you are TELLING me to not see something, that is not there, because it is not observed. I am saying what we observe is not the basis of reality, it is more like an after-thought: it is secondary. The sensory data the brain receives is not the reality....

Peace

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503636 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should study the supposed "truth" from your golden-mouthed church-father. It will give you INSIGHT into the real meaning of hellfire and damnation that John was certain was allotted BY GOD's DIVINE-DESIGN to non-Catholics.
There's no sense beating around your own bush trying to make your self appear as a peach of a guy who loves everybody, when your religion states otherwise.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Our churches are not like that; they are truly frightening and filled with fear. God's presence makes a place frightening because he has power over life and death. In our churches we hear countless homilies on eternal punishments, on rivers of fire, on the venomous worm, on bonds that cannot be burst, or exterior darkness.
John Chrysostom
June

Peace

You sure love to preach....

But I listen to only one Preacher. His name is Jesus.

Others try.

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#503637 Jan 2, 2014
When a preacher openly admits (as occurred on the program about hell on television) that he was drawn to become a preacher because of his faith in the existence of hell as a place where the wicked burn for eternity ... it follows that he will only draw people into that church who also believe in hell for the wicked.

As water finds its own level ... religion works the same way.

I suggest that such a preacher is sadly lacking is self-esteem. To bully others into believing they are evil is a very bad religious habit ... that won't break ... unless you choose to break the habit your self.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#503638 Jan 2, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You never give up Anthony. When someone is down, you jump on them with both feet. Its a good thing you never do anything wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight 1 hr SpaceBlues 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr im free 8,871
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web