Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650322 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#503689 Jan 2, 2014
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, Paul was accepted by Christians 2000 years ago who were there to know.
Only God knows how to reveal who he is? He has done this thru inspiration of these Apostles, as Moses was inspired on Mt Sinai face to face with God--this was Jesus on Mt Sinai.
Long Bible study about Jesus before on earth at Mt Sinai
http://biblelight.net/michael.htm
ALL books of the Bible are from Prophets inspired by God including Paul and NT books. Jesus is GOD & Creator who breathed inspiration upon them..........
John 20:22 "And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, Receive you the Holy Ghost:"
From then on the Apostles were given inspiration from God.
More on the Trinity nature of God
John 14:16 And I [Jesus] will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.
14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.
15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, he shall testify of me:
16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send him to you.
16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
17:5 And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was.
None,of which describes,ANY HUMAN BEING ..prophet or not ...SPIRIT is,Spirit ...
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#503690 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather worship pasta than to worship an image of a creator that knowingly created all forms of animal life to suffer because the creator needed his jollies of watching all the suffering unfold in his anything but perfect kingdom.
Religion is mental food for idiots.
No wonder you're a topix darling.Every Christian boy's dream woman.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#503691 Jan 2, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding Ox, I had to report him b/c on one of his post he changed if to read my name. He got off with a warning . So yes he is a thief and liar. I'll never post to him again. He is one to be ignored.
Now he is exposed. What a jerk.
Happy New Year, Anthony
He's,not the,,only one does,that BTW,..One Catholic poser has,done it here three Times,on this,forum alone,..And yes,been reported and bad,posts,removed
Is,a,bad practice whoever does it ..IMO..

I suggest ANY ONE,QUOTING A,POST OR USING ANY POSTERS,NAME,...be,required to post the,link to that person's,post ...
Or be ignored by every one,..

Just a,suggestion..
If it's,not tolerated by either side ...might end he,problem.:)

As far as that supposed. Thing by the,POPE ...I answered Anthony's,comment ...it's,not believable,....And IMO...not at all just satirical as,that website,claimed either ...Nothing funny about it ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#503692 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
More than a few people have posted nonsense by using my name in their avatar.
It's the chance a person take when posting on a forum.
I have never reported anybody since I came on the forum in 2006, and I don't intend to report anybody.
A,lot of abuse,is,tolerate and not reported by all of us...including bad language,..not that much of it on this,thread ..thank God ....insults,..etc ..no one bothers,much....

Posting incorrect quotes under someone's name that are egregious,or ..libelling people,..is,exactly what should be reported...as,it's not even Legal. And can cause,trouble other than in the,forum..

And,IMO shows,dishonesty ...which we should not tolerate,.

Saying I disagree with you..I think your belief is,bad as you say all the TIMR ..does NOT fall into that category .

We cam disagree But should be,honest about it ..IMO.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#503693 Jan 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew/know there was/is good in you!!!!! You are not a rat!!!!!
:)

Maybe humor is the best medicine.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Gym rat

I prefer to work out at home... I don't need to hang around a bunch of gym rats.

Look at those gym rats! They can name all their muscles, but I bet they couldn't tell you what an adjective is!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Williams Lake, Canada

#503694 Jan 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And,IMO shows,dishonesty ...which we should not tolerate,.
You seem to have no conscience whatsoever when it pertains to tolerating the dishonestly in religion.

Williams Lake, Canada

#503695 Jan 2, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>No wonder you're a topix darling.Every Christian boy's dream woman.
I "should" be their dream-woman. I encouraged them to believe that masturbation is not a sin, and that they could pull their wires any time of night or day without worrying that a god is offended.

Williams Lake, Canada

#503696 Jan 2, 2014
By mentally pumping the penitents dry in the confessionals, the priests learned all about anal and oral sex, and bestiality, et cetera FROM the penitents, as the penitents in turn educated the priests.

Hahahahaha

Williams Lake, Canada

#503697 Jan 2, 2014
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

“We find,” says a writer,“in all the theogonies of different countries the hope of the advent of a God (either his first or his second coming)—a hope which sprang from a sense of their own imperfections and sufferings, which naturally induced them to look for a divine Redeemer.”

Williams Lake, Canada

#503698 Jan 2, 2014
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Chrishna and Buddha are identical in principle; both are incarnations of Vishnu, the second person in the Hindoo Trinity, and were born of virgin mothers, and each was the son of a carpenter; both suffer death by crucifixion. Chrishna raised the dead, by descending for that purpose, to the lowest regions. Both names signify Shepherd and Savior.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#503699 Jan 2, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
More than a few people have posted nonsense by using my name in their avatar.
It's the chance a person take when posting on a forum.
I have never reported anybody since I came on the forum in 2006, and I don't intend to report anybody.
Well that's you. When someone writes a negative remark about our Pope and adds my to to it, u bet I will report them. There's alway a first time, right?

Happy New Year.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#503700 Jan 2, 2014
Let us judge.

Amen

No, let us not judge

Ramen

My God is more moral than your god, which proves yours is only a delusion.

Orlando, FL

#503701 Jan 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advice Ant!!!!! Show where I ever pasted/copied and then presented such as me being the originator...and/or signing my log-on name to the material...making it my words...show me...
Just to be clear, I was referring to proof of his or your deity.

Not sure what schoolyard spat this group has invented this time.

When one is defending a delusion, there are no ethics. It doesn't matter that no one can show you where you posted something. Plausibility, not truth is the goal.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#503702 Jan 2, 2014
""In his latest revelations, Pope Francis said: "Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.” In a shocking speech that is reverberating across the world, Pope Francis declared that:
“All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God.”

Wow! That turns Christianity on its head!

The Pope confirmed what I have been telling you all for two years!
Is the Pope a lying Satan worshiper like some of you called me ?

Orlando, FL

#503703 Jan 2, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's you. When someone writes a negative remark about our Pope and adds my to to it, u bet I will report them. There's alway a first time, right?
Happy New Year.
Are you not allowed to criticize your Pope?

Is your Pope another god?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503704 Jan 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He's,not the,,only one does,that BTW,..One Catholic poser has,done it here three Times,on this,forum alone,..And yes,been reported and bad,posts,removed
Is,a,bad practice whoever does it ..IMO..
I suggest ANY ONE,QUOTING A,POST OR USING ANY POSTERS,NAME,...be,required to post the,link to that person's,post ...
Or be ignored by every one,..
Just a,suggestion..
If it's,not tolerated by either side ...might end he,problem.:)
As far as that supposed. Thing by the,POPE ...I answered Anthony's,comment ...it's,not believable,....And IMO...not at all just satirical as,that website,claimed either ...Nothing funny about it ..
The difference between you and I, is, I, an SBC member firmly believe info origination from Vatican officials....you don't...neither does Ant...

A third source.....same message...
POPE JOHN PAUL II REJECTS REALITY OF A LITERAL HELL
During his weekly address to the general audience of 8,500 people at the Vatican on July 28, 1999, Pope John Paul II rejected the reality of a physical, literal hell as a place of eternal fire and torment. Rather, the pope said hell is separation, even in this life, from the joyful communion with God. According to an official Vatican transcript of the pope's speech, Pope John Paul II noted that the Scriptural references to hell and the images portrayed by Scripture are only symbolic and figurative of "the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. " He added, "Rather than a physical place, hell is the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy." He said hell is "a condition resulting from attitudes and actions which people adopt in this life." Concerning the concept of eternal damnation, the pope said, "Damnation consists precisely in definitive separation from God, freely chosen by the human person, and confirmed with death that seals his choice for ever." The pope also added, "The thought of hell and even less the improper use of biblical images must not create anxiety or despair." Rather, he stated, it is a reminder of the freedom found in Christ.

Ant.....look!!!!!! "According to an official Vatican transcript of the pope's speech, Pope John Paul II noted that the Scriptural references to hell and the images portrayed by Scripture are only symbolic and figurative of "the complete frustration and emptiness of life without God. "

Location hidden

#503705 Jan 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
""In his latest revelations, Pope Francis said: "Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God.” In a shocking speech that is reverberating across the world, Pope Francis declared that:
“All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God.”
Wow! That turns Christianity on its head!
The Pope confirmed what I have been telling you all for two years!
Is the Pope a lying Satan worshiper like some of you called me ?
Rosez....Ant....the truth for you is not something you can accept and face.....but it remains the truth....

The messages from the popes that there is no heaven...no hell....can originate only from one source...Satan...

Christians have known from day one that purgatory never was....Popes are just now teaching the same thing......finally....

Thank you BenAdam.....

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#503706 Jan 2, 2014
Honorable Grasshopper wrote:
The Roman catholic church IS the true church!
They are the ones who canonized the NT.
Any other churches are heretic.
The Catholic church didn't start until 313 AD, and the Church of Christ was established in the year 33 AD. The pope didn't come about 600 AD. The Catholic church came from the CoC when some of the CoC enjoyed the attention they were getting from the Roman dignitaries and decided to do what they wanted them to do and that's the beginning of the Catholic church

Location hidden

#503707 Jan 2, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be clear, I was referring to proof of his or your deity.
Not sure what schoolyard spat this group has invented this time.
When one is defending a delusion, there are no ethics. It doesn't matter that no one can show you where you posted something. Plausibility, not truth is the goal.
Your head air pressure is low...replace it with what came out of it...hot air...

When, as I am now, being falsely accused of posting someone else's (new word) words and claiming them as my own.....it d--- well matters....to me...

Location hidden

#503708 Jan 2, 2014
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The Catholic church didn't start until 313 AD, and the Church of Christ was established in the year 33 AD. The pope didn't come about 600 AD. The Catholic church came from the CoC when some of the CoC enjoyed the attention they were getting from the Roman dignitaries and decided to do what they wanted them to do and that's the beginning of the Catholic church
Not true....the definition of "church" as used in the NT has not the name Catholic nor Church of Christ.....plus...none of the seven churches referred to by Christ in Rev were also not identified as Catholic or Church of Christ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web