Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589360 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#503452 Jan 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I never believed that the serial-killer theologians in religions (that encouraged followers to kill in the name of gods) were evil, or lead by a devil.
I believed that they were and are emotionally "driven" by horrible doctrines of religion ... and that until they learn to recognize the cause of such behavior, they will keep promoting their religious doctrines as being based on truth ... and ... as being based on love.
The reason for so many religions in the world; June is because freedom of speech, and the freedom to think for ones self , and free will.
Every religion is a branch of another, someone doesn't agree with what is happening in one branch of religion, so they start another doctrine and another religion is born.
Christianity is about faith, in God and believing His Holy Word all of it.
Jesus Preached about the Kingdom of GOD not about a reilgion and you can be sure not what man thinks it is.
Your religion is athiestism, There are religions of witchcraft, satanism, voodo, etc.
They are not about christianity, but they are a religions none the less.
You believe what you do, because you have the freedom to do so.
I have a very strong belief if you were given the chance you would have all Christians burned at the stake, and take their freedom to believe in God away from them.
Your just a nasty piece of works June, You go look in the mirror and look deep in your eyes,
they are the mirror of the soul, your eyes will reveal the blackness of your heart.
I have many friends who are athiest June , not one of them are as full of hate as you are.
You have an agenda June, "SO DOES GOD!!!! AND WHAT SATAN YOUR FATHER ;;;;;MEANS FOR EVIL, ALMIGHTY GOD MY FATHER MEANS FOR GOOD.

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#503453 Jan 1, 2014
I d0 not agree

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#503454 Jan 1, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
The way you always make it sound is like a person that seeks heaven, always does so out of selfishness, pride, arrogance, hypocrisy, vainglory...etc, etc....
So then by your logic, a person that seeks hell is always humble, meek, equitable....
One of us has got their understanding messed up. And I don't think its me....
Someone who rejects the concept of a Christian heaven probably rejects the concept of the Christian hell and therefore would not be seeking an afterlife in either.

I suppose there my be some folks contra, but certainly not in the main.

Columbus, OH

#503455 Jan 1, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Working for the Lord
Peace
Since there are no musical instruments allowed to praise and worship God in your "Church of ?", I question the validity of what you write, and consider it all to be built upon a lie. Thus making is the biggest deceiver of man....
Your accusations come back at you, since the whole world sings in praise of God...
Writing down lists of scriptures is for scribes, and those who follow them.
Peace
Apparently musical instruments created a big riff in this movement.

Go figure.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#503456 Jan 1, 2014
Even within his arrogance of claiming that Jews were the enemies of Jesus, John Chrysostom seemed to see that there was something very wrong with his own Catholic preachers, in that they preached holiness and lived as mortal men.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

'I do not speak rashly, but as I feel and think. I do not think that many bishops are saved, but that those who perish are far more numerous.'

St. John Chrysostom, Doctor and Father of the Church
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#503457 Jan 1, 2014
Happy New Years everyone God Bless .

Columbus, OH

#503458 Jan 1, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently musical instruments created a big riff in this movement.
Go figure.
LOL @ riff.

Should be rift.

Unintended pun.

Terrace, Canada

#503459 Jan 1, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason for so many religions in the world; June is because freedom of speech, and the freedom to think for ones self , and free will.
But if you had it your way ... your one and only religion would rule all other humans as the one and only truth in the universe.

That is why religion can't ever unite or create any semblance of peace.

By the motivation of individual arrogant-preachers, it simply creates more and more division.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#503461 Jan 1, 2014
http://youtu.be/0kR_XG1DnDs

"Home Depot/Dealing With An Atheist

Mark Lowery so funny.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503462 Jan 1, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Letís recap.
Here is but one instance of your blatant plagiarism Ė even after you were put on notice:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
Youíve been disabused of your ignorance on the subject and your confusion over simple concepts such as the distinction between plagiarism and infringement.
Websterís Online Dictionary calls plagiarism ďliterary theftĒ.
You are a plagiarist who knows better, and makes you a thief.
Your silly attempts to justify your theft represent foolishness and dishonesty. The fact that you donít have a unique avatar is meaningless, as is your claim that you donít put your pseudonym at the bottom of your posts as well as have it appear next to them. Similarly, not expressly claiming you wrote the text is as meaningless as your argument that something copied from a URL doesn't count.
Such claims are the squirming of a child, a fool.
But I donít anticipate you correcting your behavior.
For you itís a matter of saving face, and you donít seem realize you are simply shredding your credibility here, if you ever had any.
False pride will do that to you.
But that makes my job so much easier.
It will allow me to call out your dishonesty from time to time when I have nothing better to do than remind people of your foolishness and deceit.
Dream on...Lying snake...You repeating your lies over and over will never make them truth....

Terrace, Canada

#503463 Jan 1, 2014
I don't fear a devil in a hereafter ... but I do fear any religious cult that has too much power through government to do its own bidding.

Someday you might think back to a time when Christian prayers were allowed in public schools .... and to a present time when Muslim prayers are the only ones allowed in public schools.

And Christians THEN will comprehend why it was so important to keep prayer out of public schools.

I suggest that you need some of your own medicine coming back at you in the form of Islam to give you some insight that not everyone WANTS you to "bless them with your religion."

Terrace, Canada

#503464 Jan 1, 2014
LTM wrote:
http://youtu.be/0kR_XG1DnDs
"Home Depot/Dealing With An Atheist
Mark Lowery so funny.
Many Muslims believe that you are a vile infidel offender of Allah and the expected 12th Imam-savior! That's close enough to being an Atheist from their point of view.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503465 Jan 1, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who rejects the concept of a Christian heaven probably rejects the concept of the Christian hell and therefore would not be seeking an afterlife in either.
I suppose there my be some folks contra, but certainly not in the main.
I nominate you for having said the dumbest thing on this forum: "Christian hell".

Columbus, OH

#503466 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on...Lying snake...You repeating your lies over and over will never make them truth....
please provide a permalink to a single lie, thief.

Columbus, OH

#503467 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I nominate you for having said the dumbest thing on this forum: "Christian hell".
You're pretending, goofy.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#503468 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thief, the truth is the protestants, agnostics/atheists and Catholics on the board disagree on just about everything except for the fact that you're a cheater and a thief.

Terrace, Canada

#503469 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you prefer to call it Islam's hell of extreme heats or extreme freezing ... or the Buddhist hells of the same type of extremes.

There are many labels you can use to explain imaginary states of utopia or to the other extreme ... torment ... in all those religions ... including Christianity.

Theologians wrote of most anything that came to mind, as that is how they earned their livelihoods.

Terrace, Canada

#503470 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thief, the truth is the protestants, agnostics/atheists and Catholics on the board disagree on just about everything except for the fact that you're a cheater and a thief.
Is this a testimony of your love for your fellow humans???

:)

Terrace, Canada

#503471 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
YIKES!

Now I have at least a glimmer into the terror felt by the Jews, when the Catholics were allowed all the power over other religions in the Roman Empire.

John H. Yoder was a Christian, so he must have agreed with the term he phrased as the Constantinian Shift.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Constantinian shift

Constantinian shift is a term used by Anabaptist and Post-Christendom theologians to describe the political and theological aspects of Constantine's legalization of Christianity in the 4th century.[36] The term was popularized by the Mennonite theologian John H. Yoder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_ ...

Terrace, Canada

#503472 Jan 1, 2014
People of religion often want to impose their own beliefs on others as the one and only truth, but become extremely offended when others rebel. When people do rebel, these crazed zealots scream that their religion is "under attack."

Ignorance is a fast breeder and a very slow learner.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Chronology of American Religious History: 1600 - 2004

January 18, 1844 Senator (later President) James Buchanan introduced a resolution in the United States Senate that the United States be declared a Christian Nation and acknowledge Jesus Christ as America's Savior. The resolution was rejected, but many similar resolutions would be introduced during the following years, including at least one that would have amended the Constitution.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/religio ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) 7 hr Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 8 hr KristoFMYsagun 10
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 8 hr ELIAS IBARRA 59
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Gee-Tee 9,381
News Francis expects short papacy Thu ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Thu ELIAS IBARRA 10
News After a visit from the pope, Mr. Castro has muc... Thu L I G E R 2
More from around the web