Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670273 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503553 Jan 1, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
An Arab Muslim can say one million time to an Arab Christian "Allah bless you" and he will NEVER take offense.
Because every one speaking Arabic has only ONE NAME for God, Allah!!
You picked up wrong example my friend!!
It is only in Western Countries that name Allah and God are put against each other.
If they take no offence, why are they killing each other???

Prince George, Canada

#503554 Jan 1, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The same can be said about other things too....as long as there are countries, each country will like to dominate and exploit others...
But when people use religion, they claim that gods are supporting their brutality ... and I disagree!

Prince George, Canada

#503555 Jan 1, 2014
Debate over Christians Calling God 'Allah' Re-Ignites in Malaysia

A prominent Malaysian sultan is attempting to ban non-Muslims from using the term Allah, the Arabic word for god, in prayers and religious materials, sparking protests and reviving a longstanding debate over whether Christians in Southeast Asia should refer to God as Allah.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/20...

Prince George, Canada

#503556 Jan 1, 2014
Religion should be referred to as "MY SPACE!!!"
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503557 Jan 1, 2014
I sit one day in small town just on sea coast, I help my Father something that day.
Its lunch time my father say he go in nice restorante as always do..no no I liked be free I told my father I will have something small but nice as walking around..then near church stay old lady..yee..vica..yee..she turn over ..yee..she say its your Father..ye I say..why don't you have lunch..no no i liked be free..but i sit with hers on huge upstairs near church..yee..we have together nice small lunch..its not be very interesting not at all sit with old Lady..but I never mist respect oldest people.
I know wisdom stay front of me..I sit near her, She selling holistic herbs!

Yee 'Holistic herbs' very natural under Mediterrane Sun very healthy!

I know Vican people liked that.

No she not looks as old asI see before but very close talk its been deference see transformation.

Yee I been follow trough my childhood..I don't know why..maybe past life.
I realize after.

She sit there only few hours one or two hours before midday.
I notice that..yee..then she go.
I remember i sit few times with her I give half lunch as child as mother to her..my God simple talk so nice.
Nooooooooo she don't say nothing wrong to me..but very interesting she don't liked others no..I notice her nerves going toward others
no as I can see she not be even very interesting have even money for her holistic herbs.

Then I realize she is for something else.
She is been very tall but very nice when you sit very close with her not as far away old looking old Lady.
Very nice full of secret maybe transform too.
She liked me..she not be very nerves toward me no.
Why me?
Others reject for any talk.
oh

Holistic herbs can be assosiated only with high inntuitation yee..i notice much more over her..i see very please caracter ..she is not be very simple no..high ability person.
yee very strange..she not looking over my father..she sit far away from us..but i notice her eyes over me many times as secretly..oh I been watch even when I been early age.

yee
I realize after.

see about your Vican
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#503558 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
This source is saying the same thing my first post said....
Hell is the State of Those who Reject God
At the General Audience of Wednesday, 28 July 1999, the Holy Father reflected on hell as the definitive rejection of God. In his catechesis, the Pope said that care should be taken to interpret correctly the images of hell in Sacred Scripture, and explained that "hell is the ultimate consequence of sin itself... Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy".
Ant....wanna know the source of it?????
I know the sources thief, this one is the English translation from the Italian by Blessed John Paul II. The first one was written by an Internet blogger as a joke. You found some some website that , like you, is too lazy and/or ignorant to figure it out. Thief/chump.

Prince George, Canada

#503559 Jan 1, 2014
If Christians believed that Jesus was not homophobic ... why were homosexuals imprisoned, tortured and put to death BY Christians?

I suggest that some day you will look back and wish that you had never gone near that bible.

Prince George, Canada

#503560 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the sources thief, this one is the English translation from the Italian by Blessed John Paul II. The first one was written by an Internet blogger as a joke. You found some some website that , like you, is too lazy and/or ignorant to figure it out. Thief/chump.
Do you believe it's more important to be kind to all people ... or to bitch at them for not following your doctrines in your religion???

Prince George, Canada

#503562 Jan 1, 2014
•50% of pastors feel so discouraged that they would leave the ministry if they could, but have no other way of making a living.

•Over 3,500 people a day left the church last year.
•Many denominations report an “empty pulpit crisis”. They cannot find ministers willing to fill positions.

#1 reason pastors leave the ministry — Church people are not willing to go the same direction and goal of the pastor. Pastors believe God wants them to go in one direction but the people are not willing to follow or change.

http://www.pastoralcareinc.com/statistics/

Prince George, Canada

#503563 Jan 1, 2014
People often apply different meanings to the same words, and then when anyone disagreed with them, they are certain that the OTHER person "got it wrong."

That is religion in a nutshell!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book,“A History of Christianity,” edited by Clyde L. Manschreck,(volume 2) comes the following…

In one of our American communities, a congregation called itself The Church of God. They could not agree among themselves and having split asunder, the split called itself, The True Church of God. They, in turn divided and the new group called itself The Only True Church of God.

Prince George, Canada

#503564 Jan 1, 2014
Religion is all about the up-man-ship attitude of "I got it right and you got it wrong!

It's very silly ... but for those who don't want to see ... they won't see.

It's as simple as that.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#503565 Jan 1, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points.
Also, while you use the plural -- concepts -- I clearly relied on the singular form of the word.
Of course there is not a unified, singular Christian concept of the afterlife; there are many.
Christians take a variety of views of the supposed system of postmortem rewards and punishment from the canon.
James Tabor, Chairman of the Department of Religious Studies at UNCC, argues the canon's many writers did, too:
http://clas-pages.uncc.edu/james-tabor/ancien...
CHRISTIAN concept of heaven...with the LORD...however that place may be ..He is,there with us,

..And then there is,the,lake of fire in the end ..no Lord ...

Any sane,person would prefer the former ...of course it's,His,home ..His,is,the,welcome for those who love Him..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#503566 Jan 1, 2014
AND BELIEVE IN HIM....as,He has,told us,..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#503567 Jan 1, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL...
May you discover the love that God has for people...the same love that He places in the hearts of those who love Him.
KayMarie
Amen and,God bless you both..
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503568 Jan 1, 2014
straduni and stepenice around old churches is always been something..sometimes or more often in summer many come as musician but funny looks very cheep not to much rich..o r.they are not as ordinary people think..I teach myself from early age to notice from tiny things yee..only if I am interesting..yeeeeeeeeeeeee

you need listen voice or words
its full of secrets
ye for some reason never intefer to much
always have some meaning
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
one day old lady is not be there..i sold to my father from inat all lot
very early in morning..he is been gone with my uncle and few man friends for cup of brandy rakija coffee and nice brequest..he always do my father watching himself very well as rear gentleman..yee

then my anthy come to me and say oh poor child I have to go on another island with your uncle..I liked help you not left you..oh full truck of fruts and vegetable stay now over you..you need take care..she replay and stay put on table as nice display..noooooooo I say I bring back..my father don't make any decizion for that..as well don't worry I don't think so I will stay here for ever..thanks for your emotional courage..oh its have impact over me..as tiny child..who I say to my anthy..no I am not stay there no..

ok she say..I know your father very well he is good man he will keep eye over everything..but my father not return ..no as he say ..i know company with others its not nice left his friends.

ok..let me see I say..poor me what I can see..I listen voice around me..my God send me help I say..yee..I listen people around me..then i notice some people watching and asking as large and huge amount ..
yeeee
i say
here Sir
I speak few words that time from my english class ..ok..all lot what so ever you have..oho ho ho santa close..i smile..my father i say..o don't worry we going give some money without your father..then I relize..oh its against wish of my fathere its money..huge and lots of money..if i do something wrong..oh..
when i see my anthy i say all lot..
they give me small calculator..but I know before how much kg..yee from home..and I know very early price its expensive in morning then afternoon..i sold all lot..
resolve my 3 days market within few minutes..
my father smile..why you do that..he liked spend days on market..look i say..i never come back again with you..you not care about me as well you are not good in trade..no..my father smile

we not go home until 1 o'clock afternoon..then i see my Lady..oh she say..I guard you! You are good.
Then I relize she there for me.
strange..she looks nice skiny so beautifull when you see her very close

you never know in your life God watching us
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee

Prince George, Canada

#503569 Jan 1, 2014

Prince George, Canada

#503570 Jan 1, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
AND BELIEVE IN HIM....as,He has,told us,..
Ancient men wrote that gods told them many stories. If you believe one specific story only, you are playing favorites with the stories ... and it's not fair to put your favorite stories as being more important than the favorite religious stories of others.

You don't want to be unfair ... DO YOU?

Prince George, Canada

#503571 Jan 1, 2014
I've never understood humans who could believe that they will be rewarded with eternal bliss and others will suffer eternal hell.

I perceive that people that believe that way are needy and greedy and want the fun stuff all for their selves.

To me that type of belief is a total turn-off.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#503572 Jan 1, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a Bible believing, God Loving person, why then you worship a Created human being, which is Sin of the highest order according to your own Bible?
Why you do not believe in that part of Bible, where advent of our prophet is prophesized?
Is it not strange that Jesus said that a "Comforter shall come and lead you into all truth" and when he comes, you do not believe in him.
The fault is your or Jesus' or your Church'?
You should carefully read the message of Last And Final Prophet, before issuing your denial, it seems you have not done that.
The same is the case with majority of Bible thumpers on these threads
Are you calling Mohammed the Comforter? The Comforter is the Holy Spirit and to call this folse prophet Mohammed the Comforter is the height of blasphemy aka the ..........UNFORGIVEABLE SIN.
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503573 Jan 1, 2014
I will send you protector and comforter.
you don't need see but have faith..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) 31 min WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web