Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665490 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#503533 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
unbeliever: a person who does not believe or withholds belief, esp in religious matters
thief[ theef ]
noun [plural thieves.]
1. a person who steals, especially secretly or without open force; one guilty of theft or larceny.
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503534 Jan 1, 2014
cemetery not exist..please tell me why not..eh funeral is very expensive today you know..when fisical body past away and return into dust..
Did God judge you..no..its your biological o'clock within you from first day as creation as well you stay long as you wish depend what your hand and mind provide as healthy life.
nothing else

Spiritual life is deference!
Where God left you there?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503535 Jan 1, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Robert F, I read your post that stated you did not make it a point to believe in the concepts of heaven and hell.I understand that totally,as even though I have been a practicing Christian most of my years,I find it very difficult to deal with a place that is the most horrible ever,HELL of course.
I would naturally agree that we as believers should not spend tooo much time fretting over heaven or hell for that matter.But presently to work toward serving the LORD.But the truth of the matter is Robert,where do we go rejecting the LORD as our Creator,once we die?Well the Bible does refer to d e a t h and non-existance to those who are evil.It is obvious that if we do not accept the GIFT of life that is Eternal from Christ,than the alternative is death,there is also mentioned the SECOND death as well.That would indicate a time that we are aware of our surroundings after our body is dead from this planet. What would be the purpose of the Judgment Day,if in fact the wicked and those who reject God die and that is it? Judgment is a surety for all who die mortally from this planet.SINCE we do not have a video that is sent by God to show us what He intends to do with those who reject Him,we must be concerned that it is in our best interest to embrace the Son of whom is Salvation.
The other question that rises is how often Jesus mentioned in the four gospels about a place where there would be gnashing of teeth,brimstone,fire,and alienation from God.Jesus spoke of the dying rich man as wanting just one drop of water to soothe his tongue,and that there was a gulf which was insurpassable between where the dead rich man found himself,and could not reach his brothers on earth to warn them of the horrible place he was in.That was not fictional,because JESUS used that as proof that wicked men and women will not have bliss for eternity.
If you find yourself being troubled over the issue of heaven and hell,I might share with you that I suffered terribly during my sugical visits in the hospital,as the anesthesia and the Dilauted that I used for pain,played havoc with my mind.The TV in the room when on caused me much distress,and I had to put up with it due to the other patient in the room.When I was alone I did not turn the TV on ,and still I had trouble with my mind racing and being haunted by so many thoughts and so on.I felt like I was in hell at times.But since we do not really know what hell is,it is just a figure of speech in regards to distress,and experiencing negative emotions.
Ie of the existance of such places.It is true that we all want to be in heaven(who wants to be in hell?) only a mad person with no motivation to live a good life.That motivation comes from God to begin with."Don't fret the big stuff".
edited for space

Not so...per the poop...er...humm....the pope...

“Through humility, soul searching, and prayerful contemplation we have gained a new understanding of certain dogmas. The church no longer believes in a literal hell where people suffer. This doctrine is incompatible with the infinite love of God. God is not a judge but a friend and a lover of humanity. God seeks not to condemn but only to embrace. Like the fable of Adam and Eve, we see hell as a literary device. Hell is merely a metaphor for the isolated soul, which like all souls ultimately will be united in love with God” Pope Francis declared.

Not only that...he says Adam/Eve are a fable!!!! So, that leaves only evolution for our being today!!!!! Hence the old adage "Well!!! I'll be a monkey's uncle!!!""
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503536 Jan 1, 2014
In your spiritual life you left yourself in position what you practising in your life.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#503537 Jan 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not want to give credit to my source on frannie or on any subject that shows you the Truth...You want to do what you are now trying to do...discredit my source...
Your source writes a satire blog, it's a spoof. You fell for it. You looked for something on the Internet to mock the pope. Without checking the validity of the article you posted it without realizing it was fake. You got caught with your pants down once again and are trying to somehow recover what little face you have left here. It's pointless. I suggest you take some time away from here and ask God what you can do to be a better Christian.

Location hidden

#503538 Jan 1, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
First---Happy New Year!
I ain't really sure I want to go there either Ox, after seeing who I will be in company with(by their own profession anyway).
You have the God-given right to do want you want, or not want, to do...
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503539 Jan 1, 2014
Ko visoko leti, nisko pada.

Location hidden

#503540 Jan 1, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It do is not sound at all like Catholic teaching . Though I do expect Francis,to shake things up ..especially with regards,to the poor ..we shall see..But that article was phony as a,three dollar bill..IMO
.though I had been floored by some things you folks,have,posted,.
..this,sounds NOT AT ALL satirical ...as that paper says,...But something directly out of Revelation.....And the false religion of the Prophet ...nothing at all funny about it
Why do you think Ant is not wanting to know whom is the source of:

Hell is the State of Those who Reject God

At the General Audience of Wednesday, 28 July 1999, the Holy Father reflected on hell as the definitive rejection of God. In his catechesis, the Pope said that care should be taken to interpret correctly the images of hell in Sacred Scripture, and explained that "hell is the ultimate consequence of sin itself... Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy".
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503541 Jan 1, 2014
Birds fly..yee but you need know in art as geometric perspective its start going as wide way.

Jesus cry on Cross INRI looking many people going in vain on wide way.
Wide way into horible enternity.

Location hidden

#503542 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
thief[ theef ]
noun [plural thieves.]
1. a person who steals, especially secretly or without open force; one guilty of theft or larceny.
Last ride on this merry-go-round...

Show one post where I said "the following is my own info"...or signed my sign-on name to such when it wasn't.......you don't want to give credit to my sources...you want to try to discredit them...

Location hidden

#503543 Jan 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your source writes a satire blog, it's a spoof. You fell for it. You looked for something on the Internet to mock the pope. Without checking the validity of the article you posted it without realizing it was fake. You got caught with your pants down once again and are trying to somehow recover what little face you have left here. It's pointless. I suggest you take some time away from here and ask God what you can do to be a better Christian.
This source is saying the same thing my first post said....

Hell is the State of Those who Reject God

At the General Audience of Wednesday, 28 July 1999, the Holy Father reflected on hell as the definitive rejection of God. In his catechesis, the Pope said that care should be taken to interpret correctly the images of hell in Sacred Scripture, and explained that "hell is the ultimate consequence of sin itself... Rather than a place, hell indicates the state of those who freely and definitively separate themselves from God, the source of all life and joy".

Ant....wanna know the source of it?????

Why are you not responding!!!????

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503544 Jan 1, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Wikipedia treats the "Athanasian? Creed" rather impartially here. You might want to skim the presentation to get some "impartial" views on it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athanasian_Creed
This is from your supposed "impartial" version.

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith.

And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.

Prince George, Canada

#503545 Jan 1, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
May you discover the love that God has for people...
And don't forget the punishment part of your sermons for those who don't believe as you believe ... especially those you perceive as the sinning evil Catholics!

You're quite the giver of LOVE!

:)

Prince George, Canada

#503546 Jan 1, 2014
Wherever there is religion there will be those who demand that their religion has to run things the way they see fit.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.

Favors extended to adherents of the Established Church displeased Dissenters. The reappearance of this formidable union of church and state, from which they had fled, stirred anew the ancient wrath against that combination.
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503547 Jan 1, 2014
When I been small child i start very early in school not what others want
as well what your teacher represent in early stage..there..yeeee..art and music we have every second day.
Depend how children react what they see or how they see or not interesting at all even if interesting just for past mark that you can be educated nothing else..its deference when you know.

You have to sit here in first chair not on back my teacher say.

My art is been deference then others and my answear is been deference then others.

History and past of Architecture and art.

Prince George, Canada

#503548 Jan 1, 2014
It's not by chance that preachers always preach that the god supports their religion and NO other religion.

But the Wiccans have changed the story. Even Atheists can belong to Wicca without the goddess being even one bit offended.

Isn't SHE ever NICE???

:)
truth

Willetton, Australia

#503549 Jan 1, 2014
No I don't liked music.
not to much..no
I liked wrote and I can wrote many poems full of secrets.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#503550 Jan 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Wherever there is religion there will be those who demand that their religion has to run things the way they see fit.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.
Favors extended to adherents of the Established Church displeased Dissenters. The reappearance of this formidable union of church and state, from which they had fled, stirred anew the ancient wrath against that combination.
The same can be said about other things too....as long as there are countries, each country will like to dominate and exploit others...

As long as people speak different languages, each language fellow will want that its language shall be supreme...

Why you pick up only religions?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#503551 Jan 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If a Muslim kept on saying to a Christian, "Allah bless you," my guess is the Christian would soon be offended ... if not immediately.
Yet, I can't count the times that although Christians knew I was an Atheist, they kept on stating "God bless you" in posts to me.
It didn't turn me towards your religion any more than "Allah bless you" coming from a Muslim would turn you towards Islam.
An Arab Muslim can say one million time to an Arab Christian "Allah bless you" and he will NEVER take offense.

Because every one speaking Arabic has only ONE NAME for God, Allah!!

You picked up wrong example my friend!!

It is only in Western Countries that name Allah and God are put against each other.

Prince George, Canada

#503552 Jan 1, 2014
I suggest that all the killing of supposed heretics concerning Catholics, Protestants, Muslims and Jews, et cetera, was committed for no reason other than that people insisted on believing in and defending their own fantasies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Tudor Heretics

In sixteenth-century England people were expected to follow the religious beliefs of the reigning monarch. When Edward VI was king they were told they had to be Protestants. However, when Mary Tudor became queen they had to change to being Catholics. After Elizabeth came to the throne they had to be Protestants again.

Those who refused to follow the religious beliefs of their monarch were accused of heresy. During their trials, defendants were given every opportunity to recant (confess their religious errors). If they did this they would be sentenced to a spell in prison. However, if they refused to recant and were found guilty of heresy, they were burnt to death.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/TUDheret...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 2 hr Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web