Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 24,274)

Showing posts 485,461 - 485,480 of512,363
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

We now understand that thunder has a natural cause.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

Thunder and Lightning

People hit by lightning were thought by many ancient Africans to have angered the gods. The Greek god Zues was never without his thunderbolt.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

There is more information for outdoors.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Thunderstorm Safety: What To Do

Indoors
•Use only a cordless or cell phone to make calls. Phone use is the leading cause of indoor lightning injuries in this country.
•Protect your electrical equipment from lightning damage by turning off computers, TVs, stereos, etc. before a thunderstorm hits.
•Avoid electrical equipment; use battery-powered TVs and radios instead. Stay off the computer. Do not attempt to unplug any equipment or appliances during a thunderstorm.
•Do not wash dishes, take a shower or use plumbing.

http://www.pnm.com/safety/storms_safety.htm
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
We now understand that thunder has a natural cause.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…
Thunder and Lightning
People hit by lightning were thought by many ancient Africans to have angered the gods. The Greek god Zues was never without his thunderbolt.
How dumb could they be?

Everyone knows Thor is the god of thunder.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

If a god existed, is it common sense that the god (out of anger) would make a conscious choice to kill what it first created?

Religion is based on idiocy!

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

According to the theologians, "god" gave us free will, but he didn't want us to wander away from his invisible pure and holy state of existence.

Then the same theologians preach that the same god created Adam and Eve in the flesh, knowing they would sin and pollute all following generations WITH their sin.

Theology is ridiculous drivel.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
How dumb could they be?
Everyone knows Thor is the god of thunder.
Well it's nice to know that preachers of truth such as you, still exist.

There are so few left that know the REAL truth.

:)
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
I think you have come to some erroneous conclusions from my writings. But I do not judge them, but prefer to take the onus for them, as my inadequate descriptions may cause you to err....
June has the choice of free-will, and those choices lead her to various ends. June does not ask for forgiveness, so I can give none to her, though I am always willing. My obligation to love her is inherent in Christianity, and this I do not withhold.
Perhaps you include me in the group of Christians that have faith without reason, and conclude that I am just another ignorant fool?
Soba
Simple. I make my conclusions based on what you write.

But when you fail to stand by your own words, you are more than "just another fool."

As for your comment about other Christians who have "faith without reason," once again you place yourself at a higher spiritual place than others.

You simply can not stop being judgmental.

If you were indeed a person of BOTH reason and faith (as you seem to imply), then your reason would tell you that your faith is not fact, and certainly not something on which to judge others.

Self-righteousness is the bane of all religion.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it's nice to know that preachers of truth such as you, still exist.
There are so few left that know the REAL truth.
They wouldn't make a move about him if he were pretend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Would they?

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Theologians wrote of their own superstitions, and in vain claimed that the superstitions were "messages" from "God."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Exodus 10: 12-13:“… And the Lord brought an east wind…[and] the east wind brought the locusts.”

Exodus 14:21:“…And the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong wind….”

Exodus 15:10:“Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waves.”

Genesis 8: 1-2 “And God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters assuaged…and the rain from heaven was restrained.”

Psalm 78:47:“He destroyed … their sycamore trees with frost….”

Psalm 18:12-14:“… He shot out lightening and discomfited them.”

1 Kings 8:35-36 [2 Chronicles 6:26-27]:“When heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; if they pray…and turn from their sin, when thou afflictest them: Then hear thou … and give rain…”

Psalm 78:47-48:“He destroyed their vines with hail….He gave up their cattle also to the hail….”
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Hey!

Where's OxBlow?

Shouldn't he be lying about his thieving again about now?

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple. I make my conclusions based on what you write.
But when you fail to stand by your own words, you are more than "just another fool."
As for your comment about other Christians who have "faith without reason," once again you place yourself at a higher spiritual place than others.
You simply can not stop being judgmental.
If you were indeed a person of BOTH reason and faith (as you seem to imply), then your reason would tell you that your faith is not fact, and certainly not something on which to judge others.
Self-righteousness is the bane of all religion.
Well stated.

Robert left Atheism to go back to Catholicism because of his desire to be arrogant.

He wanted a religion that bragged of owning the only truth in the universe ... and he found it in Catholicism.

"Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican"

However ... pope Francis is now indicating that "god" has lightened up on his LAW, and "god" will now indeed include others as being worthy of salvation.

Religion is all based on arrogant vocal-flatulence.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Most people stuck in religion believe that the creator punishes humans for choosing to fall short of the god's "expectations."
When I ask why non-human animals (that never offended the supposed creator) suffer horrible pain ... those in religion clam-up and hide in their supposed "holy books" ... as they have nothing more to preach on THAT subject.
Wake up people ... or not. It's your choice.
To believe that you HONOR a god of such cruelty, is NOT worship. It is fear that if you don't force your selves TO worship, you will indeed be punished BY the cruel god!
Yes, a god of cruelty, as cruel as they wish their god to be.

-- Most of humanity today understands that the concept of "collective guilt" is morally wrong.

-- Most of humanity today understands that the concept of "human slavery" is morally wrong.

Most of humanity today is far more moral than the silly, immoral god of the Bible (or Quran).

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
They wouldn't make a move about him if he were pretend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Would they?
Of course NOT!

Movies are all based on honesty! Honest to "god" I want more money!!!

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, a god of cruelty, as cruel as they wish their god to be.
-- Most of humanity today understands that the concept of "collective guilt" is morally wrong.
-- Most of humanity today understands that the concept of "human slavery" is morally wrong.
Most of humanity today is far more moral than the silly, immoral god of the Bible (or Quran).
Unfortunately, most people are still in religion ... so that indicates that they don't WANT to come to that way of perceiving.
Liam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since Peter said that he was writing from Babylon, I don't wish to discredit him like you catholics do by calling him a liar.(SO I KNOW WHAT HE MEANT)
AND SINCE JESUS TOLD JOHN THAT HE WAS GOING TO DESTROY THAT CITY BECAUSE OF ITS IDOLATRY, I HAVE FOUND GOD TO KEEP HIS PROMISE AT ALL TIMES.
and he gave people like you fair warning almost 2000 years ago. leave or be destroyed, it is your choice , and since He said that He would destroy it, don't think for a minute that you will escape that destruction either. your hope is in the pope. but the Hope for Salvation to the Christian is only in His blood not some piece of moldy grain that some day is flushed into the sewer where it belongs.
and Yeah, I need the Bible it is my food, a food that keeps us fed and contented, something that sustains us, not something that flows into the sewer.
The Bible is your food?? Where does Jesus say to 'take this Bible and eat it, for this is my body"?

Why don't you stop and consider where the Bible came from. Its not one book, its a collection of books. It didn't come with a list, a group had to sit down and decide which books to include; it didn't come with chapters and verses, somebody broke it down with emphasis on certain passages they deemed important. It didn't come in a complete, printed and highlighted book. Somebody had to copy it while an earthly authority made sure it was done properly.
The Bible wasn't simply created. It was DEVELOPED within the Holy Catholic Church- the only Church started by Jesus Christ. Biblical facts destroy Protestant non catholic fundamentals. I see you fighting feverishly trying to sustain a lie called 'bible only Christianity'. That title itself doesn't even make sense. Itching ears Preston. Many people in the last 200 yrs had itching ears.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course NOT!
Movies are all based on honesty! Honest to "god" I want more money!!!
I rest my case.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

What most people consider as worship, I consider as "groveling."

"Dear God, please love me. I will promise to honor and obey you, if you in turn promise not to punish me!"

"Make a deal" ... comes to mind.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is your food?? Where does Jesus say to 'take this Bible and eat it, for this is my body"?
Why don't you stop and consider where the Bible came from. Its not one book, its a collection of books. It didn't come with a list, a group had to sit down and decide which books to include; it didn't come with chapters and verses, somebody broke it down with emphasis on certain passages they deemed important. It didn't come in a complete, printed and highlighted book. Somebody had to copy it while an earthly authority made sure it was done properly.
The Bible wasn't simply created. It was DEVELOPED within the Holy Catholic Church- the only Church started by Jesus Christ. Biblical facts destroy Protestant non catholic fundamentals. I see you fighting feverishly trying to sustain a lie called 'bible only Christianity'. That title itself doesn't even make sense. Itching ears Preston. Many people in the last 200 yrs had itching ears.
In the new testament is where the word "Jesus" as a savior of only Catholics ... originated.

Without the USE of that bible, you would not be preaching that Catholics are favorites OF Jesus.

Wake up ... or keep on sleeping! It's your choice.
Liam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In the new testament is where the word "Jesus" as a savior of only Catholics ... originated.
Without the USE of that bible, you would not be preaching that Catholics are favorites OF Jesus.
Wake up ... or keep on sleeping! It's your choice.
To be fair, you should admit I've never said "Catholics are favorites of Jesus".
I guarantee you many Catholics are a huge disappointment to Jesus and many protestants are not.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I rest my case.
Movies about Jesus' heroism are very popular with Christians, who in turn believe that he is coming back to save them.

That is the ONLY reason they LOVE the image of that Jew. And if Jesus existed, he would KNOW that IS the only reason they idolize his image.

The other Jews were put to death BY the Christians, with sermons added that those vile and despicable Jews had offended Jesus ... AND God ... and that Jesus and God recognized purity and alignment to divine holiness in the new Catholic religion.

What a lot of nonsense!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 485,461 - 485,480 of512,363
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••