Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 662027 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#503208 Dec 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"The fact that you use a generic avatar under the pseudonym Oxbow is apropos. It is indicative of the vacuousness of your moral bearings."
The most dumbest words I have ever seen on this forum!!!! Every soul on this forum uses a "log-0n" name....that does not make anyone "vacuousness of their moral bearings."
At one point I thought I was talking with a smart are a nut case...beyond moronic...
Those who use "duplicate name" to confuse people or pick up a "Qualitative Name" ....does show the moral bearing.

You cannot make a general rule about that.

This has no bearing on the level of "intelligent discussion" you two bozos are having with each other!!

Please carry on.

Columbus, OH

#503209 Dec 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"The fact that you use a generic avatar under the pseudonym Oxbow is apropos. It is indicative of the vacuousness of your moral bearings."
The most dumbest words I have ever seen on this forum!!!! Every soul on this forum uses a "log-0n" name....that does not make anyone "vacuousness of their moral bearings."
At one point I thought I was talking with a smart are a nut case...beyond moronic...
You're pretending.

Perth, Australia

#503210 Dec 31, 2013
don't respect corrupt law
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r
history is full of betray and set up on most evil way..

Perth, Australia

#503211 Dec 31, 2013
new silky smooth skin
they liked died but can't
open wounds
very please see
not nice see
just know whats will be come..

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#503212 Dec 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting emotional and incoherent all the time.
Control your emotions and write something which people can understand.
Our prophet was not the ONLY prophet that fought against the enemies of God, many prophets before him did the same case.
If Jesus did not chose to fight, it was ONLY because he could not get enough dedicated followers, the wars are a fact of life.
If the enemies of God do not allow that truth and message of God be preached on God' earth, the LAST RESORT is to take arms and fight back. This is most correct and practical way.
Jesus , while living on earth, did not preach to Non Jews , nor allowed his disciples to go to any one but "Lost sheep of house of Isreal".... the "supposed statement" to go out and preach to all nations is mentioned in last chapter of Matthew, and it is "after" his supposed resurrection... and it is of doubtful authority.
You can believe in anything you like, but do not say that this is what jesus taught to you. Do not claim on behalf of Jesus, which he did not sat or did.
We,have 'the,word,of those who knew Him as to what He said...his,message was,one of peace..not war,..

You choose, other words to believe ..that's,your right ..yet you come to a,mostly Christian forum to sow the,words,of your prophet ..not God's,word,.

We,can and have chosen whom.we will believe....PEACE,..And love IS,AN EMOTION.

Peace to you

Joondanna, Australia

#503213 Dec 31, 2013
nobody care
not me
it is written
liars from bigining

Joondanna, Australia

#503214 Dec 31, 2013
what you need celebrated
genocide upon genocide

very sad drogerashi i kriminalci sa pokvarenom medijom

Joondanna, Australia

#503215 Dec 31, 2013
istim putem koracha covjek i stoka
mekinje brasno i proteini i droga
degeneric seeds

see look innovation
any system alive or computers system

9 seeds
s=$ 4=$
seeds$$$$$=eeeeee 5E=E5n
see tiny as could be
for control anything

my mind is not yours nooooooooooooooo
with my anger i can destroy everything

peace be with you

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#503216 Dec 31, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you know Jesus and his Spirit lives inside you, You cannot know your right with God.
Can you honestly say your right with God?
U have no real feedback!! U're just full of rhetoric and Bible [email protected] is making clear and decent points and all U have is "U gotta know Jesus!, U gotta know Jesus!!" I know U can do better than repeating what has been heard already!

Chicago, IL

#503217 Dec 31, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Oldcly, Sola Scripture makes more sense than ever before. Thank you.
For you and that fundamental author, Christianity didn't really begin until October 22, 1452 AD, the day the Bible was first published.
I also find it amusing he refers to our Church fathers and wat the wrote about scripture. Yet, he'd surely disagree with every single interpretation of scripture these men had.
His first paragraph began with a lie. We can prove tat to you, but you'd ignore what you heard with itching ears. You absolutely must disregard truth. I could never subscribe to a Christian sect who requires this of their members.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#503218 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing that either endless documents, or shortened Creeds contain the essence of anything, but our limited understanding makes me either enlightened, or ignorant, or normal.
(You choose to believe the latter....That's fine by me.)
You believe your creed has enlightened you ... and that is what makes me perceive you are a pompous arrogant fool.

Your creed is simply one among many divisive right-fighting creeds ... and from my perspective you refuse to address that issue, as you don't want to set free the emotional high that stems from the hypnotic drug of your religious creed.

Quesnel, Canada

#503219 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently need the sermons.
Think on the Seven Laws of Noah....
You simply ignored what I posted, as usual, and began another ridiculous sermon.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>

According to Catholic theology, there is one god and one way to heaven, and that is through belief that Jesus was and is the messiah of ONLY Catholics .
Now you are preaching sermons of Olam Haba.

Quesnel, Canada

#503220 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was not baptized as a Catholic. I don't know why you think Catholics or Protestants believe this...? Do you?
You disregard everything I post and carry on with your hypnosis. I've posted the following before ... several times.

Within the theology Jesus was NOT baptized into Judaism. He was baptized into Catholicism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The Baptism of the Lord

In submitting Himself humbly to the baptism of St. John the Baptist, however, Christ provided the example for the rest of us. If even He should be baptized, though He had no need of it, how much more should the rest of us be thankful for this sacrament, which frees us from the darkness of sin and incorporates us into the Church, the life of Christ on earth! His Baptism, therefore, was necessary--not for Him, but for us.

Quesnel, Canada

#503221 Dec 31, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to IMAGINE. John Lennon is dead.
Your response to the following (if you were honest) should be "That is true. Had Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism, there would be no such religion as Christianity."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

June VanDerMark wrote:

Just imagine ... for instance ... if Jesus had existed and had stayed faithful to Judaism ... that would mean that all the killing committed between Catholics and Protestants over who preached truth would have all been in VAIN.

Quesnel, Canada

#503222 Dec 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
1.(Hinduism) Hinduism the manifestation of a deity, notably Vishnu, in human, superhuman, or animal form
2. a visible manifestation or embodiment of an abstract concept; archetype
Religious images are all abstract. That is why religion is divisive. Devout believers create images and in turn idolize the images as either being holy or evil.

Quesnel, Canada

#503223 Dec 31, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And how,do you approach your infallible authority...
Seriously ..don't you sed,a,bot of idolatry in your reverence for a,FALLIBLE MAN ..the POPE .
NIT all of hem were even Godly in behaviour .
Hornsby things have Bern changed added,..just in my lifetime..
Oh wait those were just theories,??
The,added dogma,like the Ascencion of Mary ...or did she die,?
I was,taught she didn't,some say she did ..
I once thought the Church never did wrong ..was infallible...etc..I no.longer believe this.
Many good holy people in the RCC ( and here's,another thing CLAY ..I looked a my baptismal certificate ...ROMAN CATHOLIC that's on a lot of them.)))
I'm not saying the Pope is,bad ...just NO ONE ..NO MEN are infallible
Try arguing this PREACHER.

If (within the theology) Jesus stayed faithful to Judaism ... there is no basis for your Christian belief ... as to be on the right path, you would have to follow Judaism as the ONLY righteous creed.

Quesnel, Canada

#503224 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think you'd be interested in your history. You seem to embrace ignorance Rose. I told you why your Baptismal certificate said "Roman Catholic" but you completely ignore it...choosing instead to believe the fundamental ideologist. The official title of the Church is "Catholic Church", not "Roman" Catholic. The title "Roman" is fairly new.(1700 AD believe). It was first used as a slur towards the Catholic Church in Rome. They also called them "Papist and Romish". Even today, "Roman Catholic" is largely a Western term or title. In the East, its just called "the Catholic Church in Rome".
What you radical fundamentals fail to understand is that Roman Catholic is NOT a separate Church from the 23 other Catholic Churches.
But......believe what you want Rose, thats the fundamental Christian creed... believing what they want.
Let's debate theology.

From your perception ... did Jesus stay faithful to Judaism ... or did he choose to deny the religion to in turn become a Catholic???

Chicago, IL

#503225 Dec 31, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Leave a comment
Call No Man Your Father?
Posted by Jason S. on January 25, 2013 in Roman Catholicism
I wrote an article titled: Did the Church Give Us the Bible? a couple months back that has led to some interesting discussions with Roman Catholics in which I was accused of misrepresenting their positions. Because of this, I have decided to write a series of articles on the beliefs and false practices of the Catholic church and its sheep that follow its voice without question.
The first article is based on a common response they give to a Christians grievance with them calling their priests and teachers ‘father’ as a title of honor and reverence.
I wrote in my above mentioned article:
Why does it [the Bible] forbid us to address religious leaders as “father”?(Matt. 23:9).
Here is the normal Catholic response that I got:
Jesus is here, too, speaking against the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. Jesus certainly didn’t mean “call no man on earth your father”— which would include your physical, earthly father. There are plenty of references in Scripture to Christians calling other Christians “father” or calling others their spiritual “children”— for example, 1 Cor 4:15, Philemon 10, Philippians 2:22, 1 Timothy 1:2. We call our priests “father” similarly as an honor, because they are spiritual “fathers” to us.“Father” is not their official title — it is usually “Reverend,” just like it probably is for your pastor.
This normal Catholic response is interesting because pretty much what they are saying is “Jesus didn’t mean what He said,” then he in no way tries to describe what he believes Jesus was saying. What did Jesus mean if He didn’t mean what He said? He says, speaking of spiritual teachers,“call no man your father.”
Instead of dealing with the passage, this Catholic just says it doesn’t mean what it says, and then turns the argument back on the person who gives it (me) saying,“you call your earthly father your father, right?” This is a good way to not answer the argument. Nonetheless, my answer to this argument is simple. The context shows that Jesus is referring to spiritual leaders that desired to receive this title. There are plenty of passages of scripture where earthly, blood relatives are called father, so to say it includes your earthly father would make Jesus contradict other scriptures and examples that show God approves of calling your earthly parent or ancestors “fathers.”
One point that I do agree with Catholics is this: We do see instances of Paul calling himself a father of certain people that he had taught the gospel to or had discipled in some way (references given by Catholic above). But we DO NOT see an instance where a Christian called their spiritual leader their father to show them honor or reverence.
Snipped for stupidity and space
Garbage. Propaganda, slander and deception. The only thing fueling your coc.. This world doesn't have time for this crap. I don't understand why seemingly normal people subscribe to your fanaticism. Get away from that cult. Open up your eyes. Do you seriously believe the Lord is conveying his ' secret hidden' ministry to you Bible only cultist- who've supposedly uncovered the real Christianity 2,000 yrs later? You don't have a clue what scripture is. Sometimes I wanna dump a bucket of cold water on your faces. If you were my son trapped in that cult, I would do just that. I would drag him out of your compound by the ankles. Its a terribly trap once you get involved with fundamental fanaticism. Church of Christ you say? Get real. Your organization can easily be traced to a couple guys, 150 yrs ago.

Quesnel, Canada

#503226 Dec 31, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wrote the Bible? And how did it come to us?
Catholics authorized everything in the new testament. That is why they insinuated in their flamboyant fables that the ex-Rabbi-Jesus favored Catholicism rather than Judaism

Quesnel, Canada

#503227 Dec 31, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Ruse you say, so the Apostles were martyred for a ruse.
The WHOLE fable was created by Catholics to start a new religion. The idea that a flock of Jews followed Jesus into a new religion rather than them staying in Judaism and being better Jews ought to put up red flags in your mind that something is wrong with that story.

The pope would not change his religion. He would expect Catholics to be better Catholics.

Martin Luther changed from Catholicism as a monk to in turn be the LEADER of a new religion. That is much different than Jesus ... who had he lived would already have been the leader of the Jewish religion.

That is why the Jews dissed Jesus as being their messiah. He was a traitor to Judaism ... a fraud ... period.

At any rate ... I believe that all religion is mythical bunk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The breathtaking Russian problem that awaits ou... 4 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Eyes on Christ 10,300
News Post-UNESCO blues: Whither interfaith meetings? Tue Marie-Luise_J 2
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Oct 23 The Worlds Bigges... 3
News Gays and Catholicism: Pope's words open door to... Oct 16 Jeremy 8
News Pope Francis's Policy toward Islam Makes Sense Oct 16 naman 1
News Gays and Catholicism: Pope's words open door to... Oct 12 Marcavage s Emission 1
More from around the web