Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646999 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#503142 Dec 30, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>You said it! You said people who need help to stay warm and feed their kids on Christmas should depend on 'positive energy' if they wanted to survive! And that is cold hearted.
For years I had a volunteer service to carry people in my own private vehicle to the city for appointments. I was their arms, their legs, their ears and eyes, as many of the people I handled were very elderly and in dire need of help. They paid for the fuel both ways, and very seldom did I even allow them to buy my food.

For about 50 of my years on earth, I went into hospitals and sang, played the guitar, harmonica and accordion for shut-ins, trying to give them some relief from their suffering.

Don't preach at me Jumper. I'm an elderly woman who has done more than my share of caring for those in need, and in my own way ... I am still giving words that I believe will at least be a comfort to those in need ... such as homosexuals.

I have nothing for which to apologize to you or anyone else, as I have done my best in spite of my selfish nature.

And to that I will not add the term AMEN!

Prince George, Canada

#503143 Dec 30, 2013
And now I am striving to get people to stop squabbling and killing each other over religion.

I fail to see how that can be negative.

Prince George, Canada

#503144 Dec 30, 2013
Nigeria Christians threaten religious war

April 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM | 3 comments

Muslim-Christian Conflict Shuts Down Nigeria Churches

Religious violence erupted in the town on Saturday when an argument broke out between a Muslim soccer fan and another Christian soccer fan in a playing field. Eyewitnesses say the Muslim retreated from the soccer pitch and went to his house and then returned to the field and shot the Christian. This killing of the Christian caused a fight in the soccer field and then spread to the rest of the town and villages.

http://www.charismanews.com/world/38471-musli...

Prince George, Canada

#503145 Dec 30, 2013
Just imagine ... for instance ... if Jesus had existed and had stayed faithful to Judaism ... that would mean that all the killing committed between Catholics and Protestants over who preached truth would have all been in VAIN.

Imagine the children of those parents, knowing that their parents had been killed because of religion ... leaving them without any parents to raise them.

And then I suggest you consider that the killers were martyred as saints because they killed for religion.

If you can't see the insanity of it all ... you have on very thick blinders that you refuse to remove.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#503146 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So had Jesus lived and stayed faithful to Judaism ... that means Christians are the ones that are LOST!
Religion is ALL BUNK!
June my brother when he died about a year ago, was married to a Jewish woman; who believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The day my brother died he was at home, his wife and daughter prepared the body.
They washed him & dressed him , when they were ready to let him go they called the Funeral home who went to the house and took him straight to the crematorium all done before the sun set the same day.
If you knew what you were talking about you would realize, Jesus was a Jew, on His cross it read King of the Jews , when Pilot asked Him if He was the King of the Jews , Jesus said I am.
As Christians we are adopted into the family of God; so tell me smart one am I of the Jewish religion?? " NO I AM NOT,GOD STARTED A NATION !!!! NOT A RELIGION,,,, AT NO TIME IN HISTORY HAS GOD EVER STARTED A RELIGION.
I AM A BORN AGAIN CHRISTAIN, WHO BELIEVES THE KING OF THE JEWS DIED FOR ME . SALVATION IS FROM THE JEWS. I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED INTO THE FAMILY.
JESUS CALLED GOD FATHER AND SO DO I.
YOUR SO FULL OF RELIGIOUS CRAP JUNE, YOU HAVE LOST SIGHT OF GOD, AND HIS GIFT OF SALVATION THROUGH HIS SON JESUS.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#503147 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The church-fathers, who supposedly got their truth through Jesus straight from God, wrote the creed that only through faith in the Catholic religion could ANYONE be saved.
Did they lie Robert ???
You are either feigning ignorance ... or there is no hope for curing your special brand of ignorance.
June

As a general rule, one might find comfort in a Creed, so that similar ways of thinking is reduced to common understanding in that Creed.

But even with all that is written about God, that is not enough. Nor are some simplified expressions.

Believing that either endless documents, or shortened Creeds contain the essence of anything, but our limited understanding makes me either enlightened, or ignorant, or normal.
(You choose to believe the latter....That's fine by me.)

Location hidden

#503148 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your double-talk is tedious.
According to Catholic theology, there is one god and one way to heaven, and that is through belief that Jesus was and is the messiah of ONLY Catholics .
Now you are preaching sermons of Olam Haba.
Are you on some sort of prescription medication???
June

You apparently need the sermons.

Think on the Seven Laws of Noah....

Location hidden

#503149 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Common sense should have alerted you that the king of the Jews, known as Rabboni ... the most prestigious title in Judiasm ... would not willingly choose to become baptized as a Catholic. Nor would his Jewish mother, or all the other Jews that supposedly followed Jesus into Catholicism.
But Christians were and are so eager to believe they are special to the creator ... they chose not to ask any questions that would rock their self-perceived HOLY boats.
You are now getting what you always deserved, which was a wake-up call!
No other gods died to make yours the only credible one in theology.
ALL gods and goddesses were and are male-created myths.
June

Quite right. Jesus was not baptized as a Catholic. I don't know why you think Catholics or Protestants believe this...? Do you?

Location hidden

#503150 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's not a praise ... then it follows that your "conclusion" IS a criticism.
You can't stop double-talking ... even when you try.
June

A fair and impartial criticism is meant to improve. If you have no desire to improve, you can take it as a negative. That's fine with me. Perhaps you need an adversarial relationship to improve? Or do you think there is no room for improvement within yourself?

Location hidden

#503151 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Just imagine ... for instance ... if Jesus had existed and had stayed faithful to Judaism ... that would mean that all the killing committed between Catholics and Protestants over who preached truth would have all been in VAIN.
Imagine the children of those parents, knowing that their parents had been killed because of religion ... leaving them without any parents to raise them.
And then I suggest you consider that the killers were martyred as saints because they killed for religion.
If you can't see the insanity of it all ... you have on very thick blinders that you refuse to remove.
June

I don't need to IMAGINE. John Lennon is dead.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#503152 Dec 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one post where I even hinted that I was the author of what I copied/pasted....
I am smarter than that...in that I know how easily that could be proven a lie.....
Either present your evidence or go hiss under your new rock...
When you post material under your avatar without attribution, it's not a hint; it's theft.

Thief.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#503153 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
And now I am striving to get people to stop squabbling and killing each other over religion.
I fail to see how that can be negative.
I am not debunking your dedicated service to the people of your beloved Canada. You have given much over the long years and deserve to retire your efforts.I only question your view of compassion as to the subject.
Booger.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503154 Dec 30, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
When you post material under your avatar without attribution, it's not a hint; it's theft.
Thief.
1.(Hinduism) Hinduism the manifestation of a deity, notably Vishnu, in human, superhuman, or animal form
2. a visible manifestation or embodiment of an abstract concept; archetype
3.(Computer Science) a movable image that represents a person in a virtual reality environment or in cyberspace

You need to grab a better straw..Lying Snake...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#503155 Dec 30, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible didn't become "one book" until all those other books were added and binded together. Still, its a collection of letters, epistles, poems, prophecies, and memoirs. Yes God inspired the writers but He didn't write it for them. Its written by fallible men who used language and culture from their own time period. Its still Gods word, but it took an earthly authority to declare that. An infallible earthly authority.
You approach the Bible like its a diety itself. That's called idolatry. And God does not like other gods put before Him.
And how,do you approach your infallible authority...

Seriously ..don't you sed,a,bot of idolatry in your reverence for a,FALLIBLE MAN ..the POPE .

NIT all of hem were even Godly in behaviour .

Hornsby things have Bern changed added,..just in my lifetime..
Oh wait those were just theories,??
The,added dogma,like the Ascencion of Mary ...or did she die,?
I was,taught she didn't ..now,some say she did ..

I once thought the Church never did wrong ..was infallible...etc..I no.longer believe this.
Many good holy people in the RCC ( and here's,another thing CLAY ..I looked a my baptismal certificate ...ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..bet that's on a lot of them.)))

I'm not saying the Pope is,bad ...just NO ONE ..NO MEN are infallible

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#503156 Dec 30, 2013
Truth about traditions

There are other instances of tradition in the Bible but they are all scriptural or do not contend with the scripture teaching itself. An example of this is in Jn.10:22 with the feast of dedication (Chanukah). Jesus did not refute this because it was a actual historical event. Yet if the leaders had made it mandatory it would have received a different reaction from Jesus. We do have the freedom to hold for our personal enjoyment practices of individual choice. However this is not what the Roman Catholic Church is claiming. They are teaching that these were handed down from the Apostles (some of which are found from Scripture) and are commands and even necessary for ones spiritual life.

Paul explains in Gal 1:14 “And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.” Paul understood the differences of what tradition was and what was Scripture is.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#503157 Dec 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
1.(Hinduism) Hinduism the manifestation of a deity, notably Vishnu, in human, superhuman, or animal form
2. a visible manifestation or embodiment of an abstract concept; archetype
3.(Computer Science) a movable image that represents a person in a virtual reality environment or in cyberspace
You need to grab a better straw..Lying Snake...
"an icon or figure representing a particular person in computer games, Internet forums, etc."

Oxford Dictionaries. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definiti...

Thief.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#503158 Dec 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And how,do you approach your infallible authority...
Seriously ..don't you sed,a,bot of idolatry in your reverence for a,FALLIBLE MAN ..the POPE .
NIT all of hem were even Godly in behaviour .
Hornsby things have Bern changed added,..just in my lifetime..
Oh wait those were just theories,??
The,added dogma,like the Ascencion of Mary ...or did she die,?
I was,taught she didn't ..now,some say she did ..
I once thought the Church never did wrong ..was infallible...etc..I no.longer believe this.
Many good holy people in the RCC ( and here's,another thing CLAY ..I looked a my baptismal certificate ...ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..bet that's on a lot of them.)))
I'm not saying the Pope is,bad ...just NO ONE ..NO MEN are infallible
One would think you'd be interested in your history. You seem to embrace ignorance Rose. I told you why your Baptismal certificate said "Roman Catholic" but you completely ignore it...choosing instead to believe the fundamental ideologist. The official title of the Church is "Catholic Church", not "Roman" Catholic. The title "Roman" is fairly new.(1700 AD believe). It was first used as a slur towards the Catholic Church in Rome. They also called them "Papist and Romish". Even today, "Roman Catholic" is largely a Western term or title. In the East, its just called "the Catholic Church in Rome".
What you radical fundamentals fail to understand is that Roman Catholic is NOT a separate Church from the 23 other Catholic Churches.
But......believe what you want Rose, thats the fundamental Christian creed... believing what they want.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#503159 Dec 30, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June my brother when he died about a year ago, was married to a Jewish woman; who believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The day my brother died he was at home, his wife and daughter prepared the body.
They washed him & dressed him , when they were ready to let him go they called the Funeral home who went to the house and took him straight to the crematorium all done before the sun set the same day.
If you knew what you were talking about you would realize, Jesus was a Jew, on His cross it read King of the Jews , when Pilot asked Him if He was the King of the Jews , Jesus said I am.
As Christians we are adopted into the family of God; so tell me smart one am I of the Jewish religion?? " NO I AM NOT,GOD STARTED A NATION !!!! NOT A RELIGION,,,, AT NO TIME IN HISTORY HAS GOD EVER STARTED A RELIGION.
I AM A BORN AGAIN CHRISTAIN, WHO BELIEVES THE KING OF THE JEWS DIED FOR ME . SALVATION IS FROM THE JEWS. I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED INTO THE FAMILY.
JESUS CALLED GOD FATHER AND SO DO I.
YOUR SO FULL OF RELIGIOUS CRAP JUNE, YOU HAVE LOST SIGHT OF GOD, AND HIS GIFT OF SALVATION THROUGH HIS SON JESUS.
Happy New,Year ..LT...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#503160 Dec 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The Bible IS one book. It is one book written by 40 authors by divine inspiration. It was God who inspired the writers and it was God who decided which books would make up His word to us. The Bible is one continuous love letter to us.
Who wrote the Bible? And how did it come to us?

Fr. Ken Ryan in his book "Catholic Questions, Catholic Answers"

"Here is a summary of how the Bible came to us. First of all, we have absolutely none of the original manuscripts. Their disappearance is easy to understand in the case of the OT texts, what with their antiquity, the destruction of Jerusalem, and the dispersal of the Jewish race.
In the case of the NT, the originals were probably worn out by constant use or destroyed in the persecution the Church suffered in the early centuries. We have only rather inaccurate copies of inaccurate copies.
In the first two centuries when the NT was being copied, the writing materials were reeds or quils and sheets of papyrus. The papyrus was a plant with pith in its stem that could be cut into strips and dried. The strips were laid down vertically side by side with horizontal layer placed on top and the whole arrangement gummed together and sandpapered. The work usually resulted in sheets of about ten x five inches which didnt wear too well. The sheets could be glued together into strips which could be rolled up. St. Paul's Epistle to the Romans would be about 12 feet long and the Gospel of Mathew about 30 feet long!

About the yr 300 it became common to put the sheets into codex form. But these early collections seldom or never contained the whole Bible, The "canon" or list of truly inspired books was still being determined in 300 AD. About this time, there was a change from papurus to parchment. Only about the year 800 AD were copyist able to import a kind of paper from Asia.
Fewer than twenty papyrus rolls or codices containing parts of the NT, and only about 4,000 parchment or paper copies made before the days of printing, still exist. Nearly half of these are lechtionaries which have only those parts of the NT that were read at Mass. ALL of these have copyist and editorial mistakes. Also it was the custom - pretty certain in the case of St. Paul - for authors to dictate their works to people who were skilled in writing. Errors could be introduced by a careless stenographer. The true original was in SPOKEN, not written form.
The scarcity and incompleteness of manuscripts- in addition to the stenographic transpostions - made it very hard to "look up" anything in the Bible. Until the 13th century the books of the Bible were not even divided into chapters. Neither the chapter nor the verse divisions were always made according to the thought of the authors..

Chapter and verse quotations of the Scriptures became in more modern times the stock in trade of the apologists and proselytizers alike. It could have been Mark Twain who first told the story of the two Preachers who knew their Bibles "backwards and forwards". Their debate went:
"I cannot agree with you on Genesis 18: 39"
"Have you considered Deuteronomy 7:27"?
"Yes, indeed, but then how do you account for Leviticus 18:31?"
By taking it in connection with Exodus 7:42"
"You win, I hadn't thought of that"
If you are talking of a modern, neatly bound Bible, you either have to say its a product of the Catholic Church or believe it dropped down already printed from Heaven, as some people seem to think"

Does sola scripture still make sense, old jeep? Bible alone is impossible. It doesnt make sense that the Lord would install this concept. Get over your silly stero types of the Catholic faith.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#503161 Dec 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So if it was not Jesus who started the Catholic religion ... that means that mortal men, disgruntled with Judaism started the new Catholic religion ... of their own accord.
The tale of Jesus was cunningly used by the ex-Jew-Catholics as a necessary RUSE.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
ruse
noun: ruse; plural noun: ruses
an action intended to deceive someone; a trick.
https://www.google.ca/#q=ruse+definition
Ruse you say, so the Apostles were martyred for a ruse. You are completely ignorant of biblical truths. You are such a pitiful person to speak of things about the bible in which you know nothing of or care to, what's with you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 26 min Im Free 10,167
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 13 hr South Knox Hombre 7
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web