Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681756 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#502535 Dec 27, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Benedict was a hard nosed conservative. That is why he was known as the Rotweiler and his popularity was very low. He was loved by minority conservative catholics and clashed with liberal minded catholics who actually make up the majority of roman catholics today.
Pope Francis is enjoying a positive popularity because the vast majority of roman catholics are Liberal and this pope is far from being conservative when it comes to his social agenda that we see so far.
Pope Francis is left of centre as he himself has indicated "I AM NO RIGHT WINGER"
Today liberal catholics rejoice Pope Francis, as conservative catholics especially in the USA have trouble accepting his direction.
Pope Francis has dramatically shifted the SOCIAL message of the church compared to former Pope Benedict
Below are sources of conservative catholic views that differ greatly from the now new social left leaning Pope Francis
Can't make everyone happy but its obvious there are more Liberal catholics than we thought because they are the ones who are endorsing this new pope more so than the small number of conservatives.
http://theweek.com/article/index/254010/why-c...
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/15/20...
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/12/26/34201...
Catholics that want to believe in the old image of the brutal god won't like pope Francis.

They will want the old-time Catholicism, which was ... "Let's gather the evil-ones together and burn them at the stake as god-offenders."
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502536 Dec 27, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Albert E was a wise man.
But alas, he was a favorite of neither Jesus nor Allah, because he simply wasn't indoctrinated properly as a child and his observations of the Universe did not sway him properly.
Jesus and Allah can be cruel, arbitrary gods.
Like their creators.
Albert Einstein did believe in a creator in his younger years. But as he studied more and more, he believed less and less, until he became an Atheist.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book,“Ideas and Opinions,” by Albert Einstein, comes the following ….

The Religious Spirit of Science … Mein Weltbild, Amstersam: Querido Verlag, 1934.

You will hardly find one among the profounder sort of scientific minds without a religious feeling of his own. But it is different from the religiosity of naïve man. For the latter, God is a being from whose care one hopes to benefit and whose punishment one fears; a sublimation of a feeling similar to that of a child for its father, a being to whom one stands, so to speak, in a personal relationship, however it may be deeply tinged with awe.

But the scientist is possessed by the sense of universal causation. The future, to him is every whit as necessary and determined as the past. There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. His religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of the natural law, which reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection. This feeling is the guiding principle of his life and work, in so far as he succeeds in keeping himself from the shackles of selfish desire. It is beyond question closely akin to that which has possessed the religious geniuses of all ages.
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502537 Dec 27, 2013
I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it.
-- Albert Einstein, 1954, from Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502538 Dec 27, 2013
Even at an earlier time in his life, it's plain that he was asking questions concerning the worth of religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-- Albert Einstein, "Religion and Science," New York Times Magazine, 9 November 1930
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502539 Dec 27, 2013
Arizona family says crucifix image formed on cooling Christmas cheesecake

By The Associated Press December 27, 2013

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.- A suburban Phoenix family says their Christmas cheesecake sent them the message of a holiday miracle.

The Arizona Republic reports ( http://bit.ly/K5RNal ) that when the family in Scottsdale, Ariz., pulled their dessert out of the oven, it cracked as it cooled and formed a crucifix.

The family members, who have not given their names publicly, say the crucifix is a message.

They say they won't be eating the cheesecake. Instead, they plan on selling it and donating the money to a local charity or church.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Arizona+family+s...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#502540 Dec 27, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
If you post another person's words under your avatar without credit, you are a thief.
And that's been proven of you repeatedly.
Thief.
This is the product of the forum... Oxbow wrote: <quoted text>

As I stated....I have never...will ever....state "these are my words" of any info I have copied and pasted....because I could be proven a liar...instantly...without a doubt..AND you cannot show me where I ever did....

Some on this forum include their log-on name at the end of their posting...so stating that they originated their post...which is stupid when they quote Scripture!!!!!...

Go hiss under your rock....enjoy....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#502541 Dec 27, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a good question - the kind that the delusional must skirt, because any direct answer shows the absurdity of the "one true" claims.
Again for June...
So the major question of theology concerning the Abrahamic religion ... IS ... "Which group of believers DOES the one god favor?
Is it Judaism ... Catholicism ... Gnosticism ... Islam ... OR ... Protestantism???
Dare you give a specific and direct answer?
It's tough. No one has proof for starters.
Gods R Delusions

Peace

Its a question of justice and peace, which transcends our colored view. Also it depends on what is promised by God....

In a general sort of way, I have to go a bit zen on this and say that the more difficult the climb on the mountain, the better the view....So it is fair to say that perfection, obedience, and faithfulness on the part of a person achieves to its degree, its own goal.

Judaism has its own goal, as does each of the other Abrahamic "religions".

Failure to live up to the goals of each of the religions, puts you a little bit shorter from the top.

So just be a little patient.

Peace
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#502542 Dec 27, 2013
Even with all of the resources available to research the hardly secret doctrine of the mainstream Catholic Church, the media either fail at putting Francis in the proper context or can't resist attempting to fit him into the narrative as the Pope Who Will Create Secular Catholicism. In this narrative, the retired Benedict XVI plays as some kind of moss-backed, benighted conservative for whom Francis is the cure. That ridiculous notion got skewered by National Catholic Register's Pat Archibold in an article that offers 10 quotes that prove Pope Francis is a liberal — only to discover that all 10 came from Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.
http://theweek.com/article/index/250062/the-m...

Jack. Pot. Nice little article, I recommend actually reading it (what a concept, huh?!). Of course, some clueless wonder will come along and still claim that Pope Francis is a liberal who is loved by so-called "liberal Catholics" (no such animal) replete with the secular sources to back them up...lol...

Location hidden

#502543 Dec 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because when you find it necessary to appease your emotions, you have a disconnect switch in your brain.
I've pointed out by John Chrysostom's own words that he was a vile anti-Semitic brute ... and you disconnect from the thought and go on your merry way humming a Catholic hymn.
That is WHY I refer to you as a pompous-assed fool!
You don't want to see what is right in front of you TO see!
June

As a special favor to you(daughter) I will try not and be such a pompous-assed fool!
Michael

Canada

#502544 Dec 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics that want to believe in the old image of the brutal god won't like pope Francis.
They will want the old-time Catholicism, which was ... "Let's gather the evil-ones together and burn them at the stake as god-offenders."
Pope Francis is a breath of fresh air to the catholic church. So far he seems very approachable and his social interests are being accepted by the majority of catholics. He is not afraid to condemn the evils that have been lurking within the church clergy, and is much more accepting of individuals that the old hirearchy constantly condemned.

]

.... In the nine months since he became pope, Francis has won affection worldwide for his humbleness and common touch. His approval numbers are skyrocketing. Even atheists are applauding.

,........But not everyone is so enchanted! Some Catholics in the church’s CONSERVATIVE wing in the United States say Francis has left them feeling abandoned and deeply unsettled. On the Internet and in conversations among themselves, they despair that after 35 years in which the previous popes, John Paul II and Benedict XVI, drew clear boundaries between right and wrong, Francis is muddying Catholic doctrine to appeal to the broadest possible audience.

........Conservative catholics are alarmed when he told a prominent Italian atheist in an interview published in October, and translated into English, that “everyone has his own idea of good and evil” and that everyone should “follow the good and fight evil as he conceives them”— a remark that many conservatives interpreted as appearing to condone relativism. He called proselytizing “solemn nonsense.”

.........Conservative catholics were shocked when they saw that Francis said in the interview that “the most serious of the evils” today are “youth unemployment and the loneliness of the old.” It compounded the chagrin after he said in an earlier interview that he had intentionally “not spoken much” about abortion, same-sex marriage or contraception because the church could not be “obsessed with the transmission of a disjointed multitude of doctrines.”

Can't make everyone happy. Benedict made the conservative catholics comfortable.

Francis is accepting of most everyone regardless of their belief or non belief.

Two complete opposites regarding todays social issues.

Location hidden

#502545 Dec 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't agree with all that she does, and I won't aid and abet what I believe is her bad behavior ... but I will keep loving her no matter what she does.
Your image of a god stops loving the minute things don't go his way. If he existed, he would be a spoiled-rotten brat!!!
June

I never said he would stop loving the daughter. I just gave you the option to stop doing special favors for the one that was disobedient.

If the Jews, Christians, Muslims are disobedient, do you think God has the right to stop doing special favors for them?
Michael

Canada

#502546 Dec 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Arizona family says crucifix image formed on cooling Christmas cheesecake
By The Associated Press December 27, 2013
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.- A suburban Phoenix family says their Christmas cheesecake sent them the message of a holiday miracle.
The Arizona Republic reports ( http://bit.ly/K5RNal ) that when the family in Scottsdale, Ariz., pulled their dessert out of the oven, it cracked as it cooled and formed a crucifix.
The family members, who have not given their names publicly, say the crucifix is a message.
They say they won't be eating the cheesecake. Instead, they plan on selling it and donating the money to a local charity or church.
http://www.calgaryherald.com/Arizona+family+s...
June says..........Arizona family says crucifix image formed on cooling Christmas cheesecake .

Michael says,....Next, we will see a story of a jewish family who claims the image of the menora was on their apple pie.

These stories just keep comin' and the sad part is people ACTUALLY believe that its a sign or miracle..........of something but they don't know what (lol)

Michael

Canada

#502547 Dec 27, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Even with all of the resources available to research the hardly secret doctrine of the mainstream Catholic Church, the media either fail at putting Francis in the proper context or can't resist attempting to fit him into the narrative as the Pope Who Will Create Secular Catholicism. In this narrative, the retired Benedict XVI plays as some kind of moss-backed, benighted conservative for whom Francis is the cure. That ridiculous notion got skewered by National Catholic Register's Pat Archibold in an article that offers 10 quotes that prove Pope Francis is a liberal — only to discover that all 10 came from Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.
http://theweek.com/article/index/250062/the-m...
Jack. Pot. Nice little article, I recommend actually reading it (what a concept, huh?!). Of course, some clueless wonder will come along and still claim that Pope Francis is a liberal who is loved by so-called "liberal Catholics" (no such animal) replete with the secular sources to back them up...lol...
Pope Francis says.........."WHO AM I TOO JUDGE"

Its not Pope Francis who is criticizing catholics, its the CONSERVATIVE catholics themselves speaking out against Pope Francis liberal social agendas.

Its been all over the news and chat rooms.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/us/conserva...

Interesting story by a roman catholic writer.....

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/04/pop...

The VAST majority of roman catholics love Pope Francis. The vast majority of catholics are Liberal in their views.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#502548 Dec 27, 2013
The pope said:

"It is true that the Muslim world is not totally mistaken when it reproaches the West of Christian tradition of moral decadence and the manipulation of human life."

"It is deplorable that homosexual persons have been and are the object of violent malice in speech or in action. Such treatment deserves condemnation from the church's pastors wherever it occurs."

"Many people today lack hope. They are perplexed by the questions that present themselves ever more urgently in a confusing world, and they are often uncertain which way to turn for answers. They see poverty and injustice and they long to find solutions. "
"Yet if we refuse to share what we have with the hungry and the poor, we make of our possessions a false god. How many voices in our materialist society tell us that happiness is to be found by acquiring as many possessions and luxuries as we can! But this is to make possessions into a false god. Instead of bringing life, they bring death."

"The authority of the pope is not unlimited;"
"The cardinals have elected me, a simple and humble worker in the Lord's vineyard. The fact that the Lord can work and act even with insufficient means consoles me, and above all I entrust myself to your prayers."

“It is theologically and anthropologically important for woman to be at the center of Christianity. Through Mary, and the other holy women, the feminine element stands at the heart of the Christian religion.”

“If in my life I fail completely to heed others, solely out of a desire to be 'devout' and to perform my 'religious duties', then my relationship with God will also grow arid. It becomes merely 'proper', but loveless.”

“Listen to the voice of the earth...”

"the prevalence of a selfish and individualistic mindset which also finds expression in an unregulated capitalism"
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#502549 Dec 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
As I stated....I have never...will ever....state "these are my words" of any info I have copied and pasted....because I could be proven a liar...instantly...without a doubt..AND you cannot show me where I ever did....
Some on this forum include their log-on name at the end of their posting...so stating that they originated their post...which is stupid when they quote Scripture!!!!!...
You're a plagiarist and a cheater, everyone knows it. No point in protesting now.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#502550 Dec 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to deny being a plagiarist to be a plagiarist, fool.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#502551 Dec 27, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I never said he would stop loving the daughter. I just gave you the option to stop doing special favors for the one that was disobedient.
If the Jews, Christians, Muslims are disobedient, do you think God has the right to stop doing special favors for them?
Hello, Robert! Just wanted to say Merry Christmas! Have you been enjoying the Divine Office as much as I have? It's been so beautiful; the antiphons are exquisite. And, of course, the feasts of St. Stephen, martyr, yesterday; St. John the Evangelist today; and the Holy Innocents tomorrow during this, the Octave of Christmas. I love that Christmas lasts until the Baptism of the Lord which falls on January 12 this year. I always keep the decorations up until then.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#502552 Dec 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
The pope said:
"It is true that the Muslim world is not totally mistaken when it reproaches the West of Christian tradition of moral decadence and the manipulation of human life."
"It is deplorable that homosexual persons have been and are the object of violent malice in speech or in action. Such treatment deserves condemnation from the church's pastors wherever it occurs."
"Many people today lack hope. They are perplexed by the questions that present themselves ever more urgently in a confusing world, and they are often uncertain which way to turn for answers. They see poverty and injustice and they long to find solutions. "
"Yet if we refuse to share what we have with the hungry and the poor, we make of our possessions a false god. How many voices in our materialist society tell us that happiness is to be found by acquiring as many possessions and luxuries as we can! But this is to make possessions into a false god. Instead of bringing life, they bring death."
"The authority of the pope is not unlimited;"
"The cardinals have elected me, a simple and humble worker in the Lord's vineyard. The fact that the Lord can work and act even with insufficient means consoles me, and above all I entrust myself to your prayers."
“It is theologically and anthropologically important for woman to be at the center of Christianity. Through Mary, and the other holy women, the feminine element stands at the heart of the Christian religion.”
“If in my life I fail completely to heed others, solely out of a desire to be 'devout' and to perform my 'religious duties', then my relationship with God will also grow arid. It becomes merely 'proper', but loveless.”
“Listen to the voice of the earth...”
"the prevalence of a selfish and individualistic mindset which also finds expression in an unregulated capitalism"
Ooohhh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!

Merry Christmas, dear Anthony!

;)
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502553 Dec 27, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a question of justice and peace, which transcends our colored view. Also it depends on what is promised by God....
According to your Catholic religion, God promises hell to whoever won't believe in the anti- Semitist-Catholic ... Jesus.

And it's plain that you ADORE your Catholic religion!
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502554 Dec 27, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
As a special favor to you(daughter) I will try not and be such a pompous-assed fool!
I understand that you can't help your self Robert!

You are determined to believe that you are the center of the creator's universe!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web