Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701943 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#502484 Dec 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
Lots of actions required by the followers, huh?
"then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain." - action of thought
"even those most inaccessible to human reason," - requires thought action to seek
"he opens for us the way to a new life. " - the action of one to choose what path to take
" we too might walk in newness of life."" - effort action
"Justification consists .....a new participation in grace." - choice by one
"so that men become Christ's brethren" - action
"Jesus himself called his disciples after his Resurrection: "Go and tell my brethren." - action
""live no longer for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised."" - action of one
Yep - sounds to me Jesus taught the Self alright, and many who follow afterwards promoted the same.
So why do you promote it, yet not believe in what Jesus taught?
Merry Christmas NASL.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#502485 Dec 27, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews are just interested to lay their hands of "that piece of land" whom they call canaan.
And they want to be "left alone" so that they control media and finances of every nation they live in.
That is why they have no "problem" with people of other faith....however when people of otehr faith find out what Jews are doing to undermine their nation and people....they react.
This is the whole story of Jews for past 2000 years.
There are two separate issues concerning the Jews.

One is their religion, to which anti-Semitism affected, and affects their well-being. And the other is their ability to manage and control money in an aggressive way.

Billy Graham was accused of anti-Semitism when he discussed in private with President Nixon that something would have to be done about Jewish aggression.

As the comments had nothing in common whatsoever with religion, that was NOT anti-Semitism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Rev. Billy Graham openly voiced a belief that Jews control the American media, calling it a "stranglehold" during a 1972 conversation with President Richard Nixon, according to a tape of the Oval Office meeting released Thursday by the National Archives.

"This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain," the nation's best-known preacher declared as he agreed with a stream of bigoted Nixon comments about Jews and their perceived influence in American life. "You believe that?" Nixon says after the "stranglehold" comment. "Yes, sir," Graham says.

http://www.rense.com/general20/billy.htm
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502486 Dec 27, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
The cookie crumbles, and its hard to believe that politicians will get any of the crumbs in heaven.
Yet, you believe that your popes that ordered the torture and murder of other humans as heretics deserve martyrdom and sainthood in "heaven."

If you give your head a shake, you might be surprised and shocked at what falls out of your Catholic-"addict." (attic)
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502487 Dec 27, 2013
<quoted text>
"Jesus himself called his disciples after his Resurrection: "Go and tell my brethren."
As did the Catholics, did you also create Jesus in your own Gnostic-image???

So far according to devout believers ... Jesus first supported Judaism, then he changed his mind and supported Catholicism ... then he changed his mind again to support Gnosticism ... and then he changed his mind again to support Protestantism.

There is no question that through history, the "immaterial"-Jesus BELIEVES whatever the devout believers dictate is based on truth ... all within their own imaginations.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#502488 Dec 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Psa 78:35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.
Psa 78:36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.
Psa 78:37 For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his COVENANT
As for the NEW COVENANT...NEW TESTAMENT...
WILL OF GOD WRITTEN BY JESUS CHRIST THE TESTATOR
ANS SIGNED WITH HIS BLOOD...
THE ROMAN CATHOLICS ARE NOT STEADFAST
THEY DESPISE IT,,,,
THEY HAVE ATTEMPTED TO INVENT THEIR OWN.
THEY REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT
JESUS HAS RISEN FROM THE DEAD
THAT HE IS .....THE EXECUTOR OF HIS WILL...
WHICH WILL PROVE THE FRAUDULENCE OF THEIR PLACEBO
IN JUDGMENT AT THE END OF DAYS..
1Pe 4:4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:
1Pe 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
confrInting

Peace

I hope you had a Merry Christmas, and blessings for the New Year.

If this is true of Catholics, then what about large denominations in the Protestant traditions?

Peace

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#502489 Dec 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
651 "If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain."521 The Resurrection above all constitutes the confirmation of all Christ's works and teachings. All truths, even those most inaccessible to human reason, find their justification if Christ by his Resurrection has given the definitive proof of his divine authority, which he had promised.
652 Christ's Resurrection is the fulfillment of the promises both of the Old Testament and of Jesus himself during his earthly life.522 The phrase "in accordance with the Scriptures"523 indicates that Christ's Resurrection fulfilled these predictions.
653 The truth of Jesus' divinity is confirmed by his Resurrection. He had said: "When you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he."524 The Resurrection of the crucified one shows that he was truly "I AM", the Son of God and God himself. So St. Paul could declare to the Jews: "What God promised to the fathers, this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus; as also it is written in the second psalm,'You are my Son, today I have begotten you.'"525 Christ's Resurrection is closely linked to the Incarnation of God's Son, and is its fulfillment in accordance with God's eternal plan.
654 The Paschal mystery has two aspects: by his death, Christ liberates us from sin; by his Resurrection, he opens for us the way to a new life. This new life is above all justification that reinstates us in God's grace, "so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life."526 Justification consists in both victory over the death caused by sin and a new participation in grace.527 It brings about filial adoption so that men become Christ's brethren, as Jesus himself called his disciples after his Resurrection: "Go and tell my brethren."528 We are brethren not by nature, but by the gift of grace, because that adoptive filiation gains us a real share in the life of the only Son, which was fully revealed in his Resurrection.
655 Finally, Christ's Resurrection - and the risen Christ himself is the principle and source of our future resurrection: "Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep... For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive."529 The risen Christ lives in the hearts of his faithful while they await that fulfillment . In Christ, Christians "have tasted... the powers of the age to come"530 and their lives are swept up by Christ into the heart of divine life, so that they may "live no longer for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised."531
~~~~.

..I don't see Peter, Mary nor the Pope and any other unnecessary baggage...included any where in the above translation..whatever translation it is...

They are not in the king Jame translation either...

Location hidden

#502490 Dec 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Self.
Lots of actions required by the followers, huh?
"then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain." - action of thought
"even those most inaccessible to human reason," - requires thought action to seek
"he opens for us the way to a new life. " - the action of one to choose what path to take
" we too might walk in newness of life."" - effort action
"Justification consists .....a new participation in grace." - choice by one
"so that men become Christ's brethren" - action
"Jesus himself called his disciples after his Resurrection: "Go and tell my brethren." - action
""live no longer for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised."" - action of one
Yep - sounds to me Jesus taught the Self alright, and many who follow afterwards promoted the same.
So why do you promote it, yet not believe in what Jesus taught?
New Age Spiritual Leader

Peace

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.

If one's hope only resides in oneself. And one is an admitted sinner. Then in the end, there is only death and destruction because there is no perfection.

Now perfection may be acknowledged, sought after, and praised. But this alone produces only in knowing, obedience, and seeking.

So merely connecting with Jesus' teachings is not enough to avert death and destruction.

Peace
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502491 Dec 27, 2013
The term Judeo-Christian is another scam put forth by those who are determined to imply that the first Christians believed in Judaism AND Christianity.

That is comparable to claiming that oil and water mix.

It was "ex-Jew" Catholics that started the term Christian and claimed that the Jew Jesus (in his wisdom) chose to leave Judaism to support the new Catholic religion.

The dogmas of Judaism and Christianity are totally different.

Some Jews stayed faithful to Judaism ... and others became traitors TO Judaism.

Within the theology ... the Catholics implied that Jesus turned traitor against Judaism, to in turn favor Catholicism.

There were no Judeo-Christians. There were faithful Jews to Judaism, and ex-Jew-Christians ... faithful to Catholicism.
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502492 Dec 27, 2013
<quoted text>
They are not in the king Jame translation either...
If they are not there ... the Protestant theologians chose to not place them there.

How handy was THAT???

Manipulation of words was and is commonplace among theologians.
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502493 Dec 27, 2013
Concerning theology,(philosophy)... imagination was always allowed to "run wild."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

MOHAMMED

Wider religious contacts and increased time for leisure caused him to reflect for long periods on religion. He often went to the hills about Mecca just to brood. One night while in a cave on Mt. Hira, he had a vision of the angel Gabriel telling him to recite. He went home and produced the entire ninety-sixth sura of the Koran.

Location hidden

#502494 Dec 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you believe that your popes that ordered the torture and murder of other humans as heretics deserve martyrdom and sainthood in "heaven."
If you give your head a shake, you might be surprised and shocked at what falls out of your Catholic-"addict." (attic)
June

Somehow I think YOU believe in the cruelty of popes, more than I.

My own very limited research seems to indicate that they sanctioned the politically expedient realities of their time. The RCC never ordered the torture and murder. That was done by politicians to keep control on its people. The RCC took the blame.

More or less in a thousand years you could make the same argument over the RCC being the cause of WWII, and not Hitler and Germany.(Maybe you don't need a thousand years, but most historians have promulgated the point enough that people will believe in a thousand years.)

The addict(attic) is full of books. I need to get rid of a lot of them so the roof won't cave in.(smiles)
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502495 Dec 27, 2013
Joseph Smith claimed to have visions ... and from that proclamation came the Mormon religion with VAST numbers of believers certain that Joseph's visions RESTORED the bible to it's original truth straight from the one and only GOD!

So far, concerning religious hyperbole, there is no end in-sight.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#502496 Dec 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are not there ... the Protestant theologians chose to not place them there.
How handy was THAT???
Manipulation of words was and is commonplace among theologians.
~~~

Any master manipulator of words ....such as you self that has created your own

demonic theology should know all about deleting and diluting and deceiving...

in you relentless attempting to destroy the faith of believers ...in GOD
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502497 Dec 27, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Somehow I think YOU believe in the cruelty of popes, more than I.
I agree!

But then, if you viewed the issues the way I view them, you would STILL be an Atheist.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings June
It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....
Robert
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502498 Dec 27, 2013
When you want to see the word-manipulation ... you WILL see!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

The Millenary Petition, 1603

This petition, supposedly representing a thousand Puritans, was presented to James I on his way to London. He granted a conference the following year, authorized a new version of the scriptures, and made a few concessions, but he insisted on conformity to the Prayer Book, which was only slightly changed.(Gee and Hardy, Documents Illistrative of English Church History. Cf. Fuller, Church History of Britain.)

Meanwhile, a fresh form of Protestant authoritarianism was emerging in the person of John Calvin (1509-1564)
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502499 Dec 27, 2013
Philosophizing-(theologians) changes the supposed creator's rules at every turn of thought that circles around in their own over-active imaginations.

The road of religion is long and nasty, as right-fighters kept on their killing sprees concerning the issue of who the creator was giving the truth and who was spreading lies.

I suggest that those men were ALL spreading lies based on nothing other than their own imaginations.
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502500 Dec 27, 2013
Back in the middle ages,(as but one example) it was not safe to claim a belief that there was no creator.

A simple statement such as that would make devout believers in all religions (that claimed to comprehend the meaning of "God's" love)... go into a frame of mind ... to want to kill.

Anything that was believed to offend "God" ... was apt to send devout believers on a killing-spree.

What a shame!
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502501 Dec 27, 2013
While conversing with a friend about the physical make-up of women, I asked my friend what women had ever done to deserve to give off odors of rotten fish when they didn't keep their vagina area spiffy clean.

In jest, the immediate response was ... "Punishment!"

:)
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#502502 Dec 27, 2013
Every group of believers had their own TAKE on what they were certain the "creator" wanted OTHERS to believe.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..

One influence on Spener came from the followers of Jean de Labadie (1610-74), the Labadists, a communistically organized pietistic group that sought to appropriate the teachings of the Bible through the immediate inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Labadie , a French ex-Jesuit, joined the Reformed Church in 1650 and later withdrew to organize the followers attracted to his preaching along the Rhine river. They rejected infant baptism, seldom celebrated the Lord’s Supper, held property in common, worked as manual laborers, and said marriage with an unregenerate person was not binding.
StarC

Fairfield, CA

#502503 Dec 27, 2013
In the nine months since he became pope, Francis has generated global excitement among Catholics, and others, with his humble demeanor and his shift in tone from the more strident papacy of his predecessor, Benedict XVI, whose resignation in February stunned the Catholic world.
Francis has regularly attracted huge crowds in Vatican City, and almost overnight he has emerged as a major figure on the global stage, surprising many Catholics with his nonjudgmental tone on issues like homosexuality and divorce, and his focus on the plight of the world’s poor. He has also been unpredictable, telephoning ordinary people who have written him letters, embracing a badly disfigured man at St. Peter’s and making unannounced visits in Rome.
He proved unpredictable again on Wednesday, when he went off script to include atheists in his call for peace, rare for a Catholic leader.
“I invite even nonbelievers to desire peace,” he said.“Let us all unite, either with prayer or with desire, but everyone, for peace.”
Yes, the atheist detail is interesting and deserves to be included. But what was The Big Idea in this Francis text (found here, in the English translation)?
Back to the peace theme. Pope Francis mentions violence in several key parts of the world, with special attention to the hell that is unfolding in Syria. Here is the Times summary of that material:
Francis broadened his peace message to call for an end to violence in Syria, as well as in the Central African Republic, where Christians and Muslims have clashed in a country that he described as “often forgotten and overlooked.” He cited the rising tensions and violence in South Sudan, calling for “social harmony,” and he asked for a “favorable outcome” to peace talks between the Palestinians and the Israelis. He also renewed his focus on the plight of migrants, some the victims of human trafficking, others fleeing war and poverty to try to reach Europe.
Interesting. But where was the pope going with all of this content? Yes, peace is the big theme, but notice the very first item in this concluding litany:
Lord of life, protect all who are persecuted for your name. Grant hope and consolation to the displaced and refugees, especially in the Horn of Africa and in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Grant that migrants in search of a dignified life may find acceptance and assistance. May tragedies like those we have witnessed this year, with so many deaths at Lampedusa, never occur again!
Child of Bethlehem, touch the hearts of all those engaged in human trafficking, that they may realize the gravity of this crime against humanity. Look upon the many children who are kidnapped, wounded and killed in armed conflicts, and all those who are robbed of their childhood and forced to become soldiers.
Lord of heaven and earth, look upon our planet, frequently exploited by human greed and rapacity. Help and protect all the victims of natural disasters, especially the beloved people of the Philippines, gravely affected by the recent typhoon.
Dear brothers and sisters, today, in this world, in this humanity, is born the Saviour, who is Christ the Lord. Let us pause before the Child of Bethlehem. Let us allow our hearts to be touched, let us not fear this. Let us not fear that our hearts be moved. We need this! Let us allow ourselves to be warmed by the tenderness of God; we need his caress. God’s caresses do not harm us. They give us peace and strength. We need his caresses. God is full of love: to him be praise and glory forever! God is peace: let us ask him to help us to be peacemakers each day, in our life, in our families, in our cities and nations, in the whole world. Let us allow ourselves to be moved by God’s goodness.
- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/getreligion/2013...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 25 ChristIsTheAnswer 10,773
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians May 25 Rainbow Kid 2
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1