Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 24,230)

Showing posts 484,581 - 484,600 of532,353
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Why a Palestinian community demanded a father murder his divorced daughter. http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/12/19/anato...
Christians and Jews used to put those that committed adultery to death, because they believed adultery offended god.

Back in the day divorce was not allowed and in many Christian sects today it is still not allowed. But murder ... according to the theologians never seemed to offend "god" ... even though there is a scripture that they ignored stating "thou shalt not kill.

Christians burned "sinners" at the stake left and right, at the supposed approval of the "god."

Those "holy books" that still drip with the blood of victims ... were always a HANDY-MAN'S guide.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

RiccardoFire wrote:
Islam is a religion of peace...LOL......
There is no religion that behaves in a manner to create peace on earth.

It's all about theologians right-fighting over who knows truth and who lies ... who is holy and who is evil.

I suggest they are ALL liars.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam does not approve killing any innocent person, Muslim or Non Muslim.
Some of them attach bombs to their own bodies and blow their selves and others to pieces, in the belief that Allah will martyr them in Paradise.

Religious preachers drive gullible people to commit vile, brutal acts of what they are convinced is "bravery" in the name of "holiness."

What a shame.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that you really care Mike ... but there are inaccuracies in your post. I would take the time to clarify it for you if it'd do any good.
You should devote this much time to the perverts in your family and Canadian community. Statistically speaking, there are way more right in front of you. Why are you worrying about an Archdiocese a thousand miles away in another country in a Church that you left who worships a God that you don't even believe in??
Two words to describe your actions: fear and insecurity.
DOES your religion ..... PROMISE YOU.... SECURITY IN ETERNITY...?

CAN YOU HONESTLY SAY THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY ...YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

If you can't that YOU WILL....... then YOUR religion is as worthless.....

much ado about nothing

IF YOU CANNOT SAY...That you are born again

AND

2Ti_1:12 ..........I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

YOU ARE NOT SAVED....AND YOUR RELIGION IS IN VAIN.

IT TAKES MORE THAT BELIEVING IN A HISTORICAL JESUS..... RITUALS,

CALISTHENICS AND MAN MADE FABLES....TO BE SAVED..

.IT TAKES A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.THROUGH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

THAT COMES BY .

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

BECOMING A SON OF GOD BEING BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born,(BORN AGAIN) not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

CONTINUED

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

CONTINUED

WALKING IN THE SPIRIT. AND TRUTH...

Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Col 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Col 2:19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>looking forward to the time that the God of Abraham, the Father of Jesus destroys those who wish to destroy those children, will face His Wrath.
You want a mythical god and a mythical Jesus to do YOUR dirty work for YOU???

That's religion in a nutshell!!!

You are no different than the Muslims that believe Allah and the 12th Imam want the followers to commit violence to in turn wipe out (who THEY perceive) are the evil-sinners.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Can your religion do this?
In the last two weeks, over 500 ordinary Shiites, mostly
pilgrims on foot, have been blown up or shot to death
by Sunni co-religionists - their brothers in Islam.
Not so long ago, Catholics and Protestants were killing each other off by the score. And narrow it down even more ... when Protestants first came to America, they were killing each other off as being vile heretics for having the "WRONG FAITH from each other.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the second Christian in the last day to try to get rid of me.
In the old days they simply would have burned me at the stake ... all in the name of LOVE of course ... and with the approval of "Jesus."
Sarcasm intended.
June, I don't know what Christians you are talking about, because the ones that I know would pray for you, not kill you.
Your sarcasm is well noted June, towards people you pursue to know, and what they are thinking and feeling.
Your bad experince's in life has left you hard and argry to ward God and His people.
I don't take what you say to me personal, and God knows all about your hurt and pain.
I pray the New Year will find you with a change of heart. "NO SARCASM INTENDED".

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catlic Bible History Truth
Catholic anti-Semitic buy-bull.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC BIBLE ( WRITTEN IN LATIN )HAS STRIPED OF MUCH OF
OF THE TRUTH FROM THAT IS USED BY THE PROTESTANTS.....
The Catholics compiled all the data in the new testament ... and centuries later the Protestants plagiarized the new testament to over-write the Catholic data with their own ideas.

Religion is based on plagiarism.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in denial. This is a Topix Board, not your catechism class. Why are you even here trying to validate your delusion?
Maybe it's because you still are in touch with reality enough to see the contradiction -- hello!-- between "one true, guided by your god" and "major sex abuse of children and institutional cover-up, including systematic abuse of orphans and the deaf placed in their care.
Remember what your god supposedly said about those who harmed the little children who came to him? Something about a millstone, right?
Then try to explain how your god allowed so many little souls to be destroyed by the very institution your god supposedly created.
We get it. The anger, the name-calling, the denial.
That contradiction would make anyone uneasy.
Ramen
Contradiction is rife in all religion. But they insist on taking the holiness side of the issue for their selves and heaping EVIL on others.

Silly people!!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Their immoral god is all bunk. Count all the people their god wanted to murder.
For example, in Exodus 35:2 their god lays down this commandment:
"For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death"
Think about that how many people work on the Sabbath -- all the employees of Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, grocery stores, convenience stores, power plants, airlines, hospitals, emergency services and on and on and on. Don't rabbis, priests and preachers work on the Sabbath? Their immoral god wants all of them dead.
Then look at Deut 21:18-21. It says:
"If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. They shall say to the elders of his town,‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death. So you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel will hear, and be afraid.
That is a whole lot of teenagers that we need to kill."
Sweet god of mercy!
Then there is Leviticus 20:13:
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.
All homosexuals need to be killed. What about this:
If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.
That's a lot of people who need to be killed.
In other words, if we actually listened to what God says, we would need to kill at least half of the people in America tomorrow. After all, Isaiah 40:8 says, "The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God will stand for ever." The word of the Lord tells us to kill half of the U.S. population.
There are two things in this that show you that their god is imaginary.
First there is the utter stupidity of these verses.
Second, there is this fact: If their god is an all-powerful being, he would kill them himself. There would be no need for people to do the murdering. These people would already be dead, and Wal-Mart would be closed on the Sabbath through lack of employees.
Notice that believers completely ignore these parts of the Bible. That is because they know that the verses are insane. By acknowledging that their god is insane, they prove that their god is imaginary.
Ramen
All religious books are based on lies.

Bragging about having solved mysteries is a religious pastime that has caused nothing but problems among the right-fighting human-animals.

Other animals simply live and die ... as a natural occurrence.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

<quoted text>
DOES your religion ..... PROMISE YOU.... SECURITY IN ETERNITY...?
Who in their "self-righteous" frame of mind, would adhere to a religion that didn't teach security in eternity???

Certainly one with your arrogance wouldn't dream of belonging to a religion that taught that you were anything less than worthy of eternal bliss!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

CONTINUED
WALKING IN THE SPIRIT. AND TRUTH....
Make sure you don't TRIP!!!

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

The BIG-boys meant "business."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book "The History of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

Struggle for Independence and Sovereignty

The great struggle of the Middle Ages was for independence and sovereignty. It was a contrast between the titans—church and state—and in the end the church won.

PAPAL PRIMACY

Time and again emperors were excommunicated and even driven into submission.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

From the book "The History of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

PAPAL PRIMACY

To Augustine’s idea of the just war they added a dimension of honor and glory in conquest and inaugurated the Crusades.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Judged:

I WAS READING SOMETHING ..A BOOK
CAME ACROSS A READING FROM.THE OT

I found a couple related..

This should clear up a few things,...But is,also appropriate for THIS SEASON.
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Scripture/Pa...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

http://haamein.wordpress.com/category/torah/

God bless us,all ...
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
The BIG-boys meant "business."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Struggle for Independence and Sovereignty
The great struggle of the Middle Ages was for independence and sovereignty. It was a contrast between the titans—church and state—and in the end the church won.
PAPAL PRIMACY
Time and again emperors were excommunicated and even driven into submission.
Until the success of the Reformation and the USA, the 3 concepts of democracy, human rights, and freedom of conscience were all anti-Christianity (Catholic).

Even today, quasi-dictators like V. Putin use the Catholic church as a tool for enforcement and control.

Shameful but true.

Does this deter any true believer? Of course not. Morality and justice have NOTHING to do with their "god" and church. It's all about fear, ego, and elitism.

Happy Festivus - the Holiday of human rights and freedom.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
I WAS READING SOMETHING ..A BOOK
CAME ACROSS A READING FROM.THE OT
I found a couple related..
This should clear up a few things,...But is,also appropriate for THIS SEASON.
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Scripture/Pa...
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
http://haamein.wordpress.com/category/torah/
God bless us,all ...
LMAO.

"My sanctuary is in their midst forever."

Except when the Catholic Church invents a new god, then fosters 1600 years of anti-semitism, resulting in untold murders and torture.

So much for the "sanctuary" thing.

But it''s good to see how sensitive and honest your religion has made you (tongue in cheek).

Happy Festivus - for democracy, freedom of conscience, and human rights.

Ramen
YTube

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

Radical USA UPRISING 2014 ------

http://youtu.be/3pR4uHIEhBg

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 484,581 - 484,600 of532,353
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Scales Off 8,120
More Tue Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••