Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
484,501 - 484,520 of 538,817 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#502057 Dec 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
off topic:
The penny thing is working out great! If a cash transaction is example $1.87 it is rounded down to $1.85. If the cash transaction is $5.58 it is rounded up to $5.60.
Very few people today in canada lug around useless pennies. The system is working. Next we need to get rid of the nickle. It too has lost its usefulness.
Our paper currency $5-$100 are all different colors, and much easier to distinguish from each denomination less chance of making a counting error.
Isn't it time america gets progressive??? Come on Robert contact the US mint and let them know!!(lol)
Michael

Interesting....

We have a problem in our country....lol. Government gives lip service and not solutions. It is the problem.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#502059 Dec 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
off topic:
The penny thing is working out great! If a cash transaction is example $1.87 it is rounded down to $1.85. If the cash transaction is $5.58 it is rounded up to $5.60.
Very few people today in canada lug around useless pennies. The system is working. Next we need to get rid of the nickle. It too has lost its usefulness.
Our paper currency $5-$100 are all different colors, and much easier to distinguish from each denomination less chance of making a counting error.
Isn't it time america gets progressive??? Come on Robert contact the US mint and let them know!!(lol)
Well, we did get rid of the wooden nickle.

I think.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#502060 Dec 23, 2013
TOPIx TRIED TO CENSOR MY POST.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#502061 Dec 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert says.........Sorry June. Jesus did invite the Jews to come and follow Him. The Jews rejected him, as their King, and King of the Kingdom.
Michael says......Jews did not, and do not today believe in sons of God. That is their belief. Why would you expect someone faithful to their belief and their families religious traditions for thousands of years, change course completely because someone comes along with a new belief that has no organization, a handful of followers including a few doubters, no plan of operation, and no rules and regulations of this new belief?
Would you change religions today if someone came along with a tall story that their way is the right way and better than your way? I don't think so.
The Jesus story.
..... Born into the Jewish belief, claimed to be the son of God, yet the belief you are born into does not believe in sons of God, yet you continue for 33 years practicing this belief, even though the belief does not believe in you, and the ONLY way to be recognized is to become a rebel rouser and an instigator amongst the people you live with.
makes no common sense!
They don't want to see that they insult the Jews every time they insinuate that Jesus willingly abandoned Judaism to become a Catholic.

That is what makes them anti-Semitic. They don't CARE how much they insult the Jews nonsensical theology.

Yet if you ask Catholics that are faithful to Catholicism if they would willingly become Protestants, I suggest they would be horrified at such a suggestion.

Location hidden

#502063 Dec 23, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>remember a gay group gave someone money to make up stories about Cardinal Bernadin The Cardinal forgave the man too.
From Paul Melanson at Lasalette Journey, excerpting from Paul Likoudis’s “AmChurch Comes Out: The U.S. Bishops, Pedophile Scandals and the Homosexual Agenda”:

If the problem of a homosexual network in the Church is viewed in this larger perspective, one can understand more fully the remarkable role of Joseph Cardinal Bernardin in creating an ‘American Church’ that has become a trusted ally of all those various social, political and cultural forces promoting sexual libertinism…Bernardin, it must be recalled, at least briefly, was sponsored, tutored and promoted by a number of dubious characters, not only his clerical godfather and mentor, Archbishop Paul Hallinan of Atlanta, who served as a bishop in Bernardin’s hometown, Charleston. Bernardin’s other ‘godfather’ was Archbishop (later Cardinal) John Dearden, who would be responsible for the appointment of such notorious pro-homosexual bishops as Detroit Auxiliary Tom Gumbleton, Ken Untener of Saginaw, Joseph Imesch, of Joliet, and Springfield’s Daniel Ryan….His closest friend from his South Carolina days, Monsignor Frederick Hopwood, had been accused of abusing hundreds of boys dating back to the early 1950s, when he and Bernardin shared a residence at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in Charleston – where some of the alleged abuse took place….
http://bryanhehirexposed.wordpress.com/2010/1...

Location hidden

#502064 Dec 23, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>remember a gay group gave someone money to make up stories about Cardinal Bernadin The Cardinal forgave the man too.
looks like he never learned anything, he hit on me in the 70's and now 20 years alter, a man dies from aids.It is to bad that cops were around, that freak would have ben left on the sidewalk, and Yeah, Clay, I would have done it. I have a past too, I just don't feel a need like you to brag about it.

CONTINUED;The following are excerpts from Randy Engel’s book The Rite of Sodomy: Homosexuality and the Roman Catholic Church published in a column by Matt Abbott entitled “Remembering Joseph Cardinal Bernardin“The Special Case of Joseph Cardinal Bernardin

To do real justice to Cardinal Bernardin and his entourage of clerical homosexuals and pederasts and ancillary hangers-on who made up the Chicago-Washington, D. C. Homosexual/Pederast Axis would require more than one full size book.

That Bernardin’s alleged sexual penchant for young men still remains an open issue even today, ten years after the cardinal’s death, is reflected in the remarks made by writer A. W. Richard Sipe in his keynote address,“View From the Eye of the Storm,” given on February 23, 2003 to the Linkup National Conference in Louisville, Ky.

According to Sipe, years before Bernardin was charged with sexual abuse by Steven Cook in 1993,“several priests who were associates of Bernardin prior to his move to Chicago revealed that they had ‘partied’ together; they talked about their visits to the Josephinum to socialize with seminarians.”

It is a fact that Bernardin’s accuser (Cook) did not ever retract his allegations of abuse by anyone’s account other than Bernardin’s,” said Sipe. He also told the audience that the Chicago Archdiocese’s pay off to Cook before he died of AIDS was in the $3 million range.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#502065 Dec 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SO now You have forsaken the word of God
I suggest you get in line ... as the Catholics and the Muslims also claim they own the affections of that one god, and the Catholics and the Muslims claimed to have dibs on the god's emotional state long before the word Protestant existed.

However, I suggest that within CORRECT theology ... the god ... being faithful ... still gives his ALL to the Jews who are his chosen few, and that he never ever desired to commit emotional adultery with Catholics, Muslims OR Protestants.

Faithful gods don't HAVE wandering EYES.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#502066 Dec 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
< Pedophile Scandals and the Homosexual Agenda”:
I suggest you stop USING the bible to promote hate against homosexuals.

Enough is far more than enough!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

National Catholic Reporter

Experts reject homosexuality as risk factor

(“Neither homosexual nor heterosexual orientation is a risk factor,” they said,“but rather, disordered or confused sexual orientation is a risk factor.”)

http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/vatican -...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#502067 Dec 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
TOPIx TRIED TO CENSOR MY POST.
They don't censor posts unless someone reported you.

And they give fair warning before they ban anyone from posting.
truth

Perth, Australia

#502068 Dec 23, 2013
Joseph is been right man=read more down

Did Jesus say to Peter?..in your mind is not what is in God plain!

Simple like that.

I don't liked everything in my life..no!
I love my kids then you think.

Joseph as well others man want woman simple as slave.

Is that gift from God.
yes
Then where you liked wrap every woman in which shiny paper!
see

Its what God plain..trough woman's..as send in sea you will be inhabitant
trough this Earth.
StarC

Los Angeles, CA

#502069 Dec 23, 2013
"The person whose heart is filled with love can say

anything and it will be a word of love. A person

who is filled with self righteousness and hatred will

speak even seemingly kindly words with hatred.- "
See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/standingonmyhead...

Location hidden

#502070 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop USING the bible to promote hate against homosexuals.
I suggest that you stop posting on this forum, WHAT I SAY IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#502071 Dec 23, 2013
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE; THE GREATEST GIFT YOU CAN GIVE SOMEONE IS YOURSELF.

1 Corinthians 13
King James Version (KJV)

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Location hidden

#502072 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't censor posts unless someone reported you.
And they give fair warning before they ban anyone from posting.
Of course, they do. something in my post was offensive to someone, so I changed one word to homosexual and it went thru.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#502073 Dec 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest that you stop posting on this forum, WHAT I SAY IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
How funny.

If what you say is none of my business ... then to be fair on your part ... what I say should be none of your business ... and that means neither one of us will be allowed to post.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#502074 Dec 23, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text> Of course, they do. something in my post was offensive to someone, so I changed one word to homosexual and it went thru.
How silly.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#502075 Dec 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE; THE GREATEST GIFT YOU CAN GIVE SOMEONE IS YOURSELF.
Hahahahahahaha

What if others don't want your self imposed on them???

Fraser Lake, Canada

#502076 Dec 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
"The person whose heart is filled with love can say
anything and it will be a word of love.
I suggest that for a Christian to tell a Jew that softly and tenderly Jesus is calling only Christians, that THAT message will not be taken by the Jew as a message of love.
truth

Perth, Australia

#502077 Dec 23, 2013
God humor is bigger then man mind.

God don't liked nothing from us.
You are all children of God.

Each person choose way and walk in his or her life.
Then you know where you finish on right path or wrong.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#502078 Dec 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
King James Version (KJV)
Had Martin Luther not wanted to marry that ever so appealing Catholic nun ... I suggest there would BE no Protestant version of the new testament.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••