Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690311 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Claremont, Australia

#502318 Dec 25, 2013
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#502319 Dec 25, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>There's no use in saying Merry Christmas to you june,but I will.
Do you celebrate Yom kippur???

:)
truth

Claremont, Australia

#502320 Dec 25, 2013
who are you that you opose me

Viteze

viteze moj mali

kazem ti
u suzi vreloj
i bosonogu djetinjstvu
radjali se najodaniji i vjerniji

za sve sto si zivio
za sve sto si mrio
u poprati suhog granja
pjevom male ptice
krili su usnulo lice

proslost je krila
mrtve sjene
koracali su njemo
istim putem
i covjek i stoka

nad grobovima umrlih vitezova
zapisano je
u suzi vreloj
u bosonogu djetinjstvu
radjali se najvjerniji i najodaniji..

za sve sto si zivio
za sve sto si snio..

nkh
who not forget tears
take your shoes=prayers in zavite as promise
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502321 Dec 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
One can not steal something that does not exist..
I quite agree. You can't steal love from a god that doesn't even exist to give you love.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#502322 Dec 25, 2013
John wrote:
01. They must have, because at one time Jews were polytheists, believing in multiple gods.

My definition of religious Jews is that they are faithful to Judaism. And being that "within the theology" Jesus was planted in the womb of a mother who was Jewish by an ultra Religious Jewish father whose name was created as Elohim by the monotheistic religious Jews ...

.. All the Jews in the testaments were made out to be religious ... or they would NOT BE in the testaments at all.

In order to start their new religion, and to make it a "success" ... the ex-Jew Catholic church-fathers had to convince others that Jesus ALSO turned his back on Judaism because he saw a new light at the end of the tunnel, and that light was based on Catholicism as the only truth on earth.
Ans.

What I can say about your "Theory" is that it is the product of your imagination.

Any one can come about with his or her own "fantastic theory" to explain any thing.

What they lack is the Proof.

The same thing I can say about your own theory!!

It is just you home grown theory without any proof from the scriptures.

PS:

The thing you said that "Once Jews were polytheists", happened "AFTER" they got their religion corrupted.

Their original religion from Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac and Jacob was pure monotheism and nothing else.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502323 Dec 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
This "religion" was created when Ishmael and Hagar were sent away.
Chronology of Medieval Christianity

Muhammad broke with his Jewish supporters because they refused to recognize him as a prophet and adopt Islam. He chose now to emphasize the Arabness of the new religion and has his followers face Mecca when praying instead of Jerusalem. In the end, all the Jews were either banished or executed.
truth

Claremont, Australia

#502324 Dec 25, 2013
u suzi vreloj
i bosonogu djetinstvu
suza=tears
bos=prayers without shoes

i ljubav i cast
zapisana su
za sva vrimena..

za svu patnju
i za sve suze
ona je blagoslove slala

da se plam ljubavi neutrne
dok dijete zalosno vapi i moli

po grobovima hrabrih i ovaznih
gazili su
jednako covjek i stoka

samo je na jednom mjestu zapisano

'u suzi vreloj
i djetinjstvu bosonogu
radjali se
najhrabriji i najodaniji'

nkh
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502325 Dec 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Their original religion from Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac and Jacob was pure monotheism and nothing else.
I agree. But polytheism in Judaism came BEFORE monotheism.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502326 Dec 25, 2013
Jews at one time also had multiple wives.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Discovery Channel

Polygyny, the most common form of polygamy, describes when a man has multiple wives at the same time. In plural marriages of this kind, the men frequently father dozens of children, because they're able to impregnate their many wives at the same time.

The practice dates back to Biblical times. Ancient Jewish doctrines encouraged polygyny because Jews were a minority, and they could reproduce more rapidly. Today, some orthodox Jewish sects continue to support polygyny, and some believe the Talmud even encourages it.

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/what -...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#502327 Dec 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims are not, ARE NOT, the children of the promise.
Genesis 17:17-22, " 17 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed and said to himself,“Shall a child be born to a man who is a hundred years old? Shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?” 18 And Abraham said to God,“Oh that Ishmael might live before you!” 19 God said,“No, but Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his offspring after him. 20 As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I have blessed him and will make him fruitful and multiply him greatly. He shall father twelve princes, and I will make him into a great nation. 21 "BUT I WILL ESTABLISH MY COVENANT WITH ISAAC, WHOM SARAH SHALL BEAR TO YOU AT THIS TIME NEXT YEAR.” 22 When he had finished talking with him, God went up from Abraham."
Genesis 22:1-2, 1 "After these things God tested Abraham and said to him,“Abraham!” And he said,“Here I am.” 2 He said,“Take your son, your ONLY son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”
Hebrews 11:17, " By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was in the act of offering up his ONLY son."
Muslims believe that scribes later corrupted the original reading from Ishmael to Isaac.
Since this idea stems from the Muslim misunderstanding of the phrase "only son", it becomes necessary to explain what this phrase exactly means in relation to Isaac. A careful reading of the Holy Bible shows that the phrase is used to affirm Isaac's unique status, a status based on the following:
Isaac was the only promised child of Abraham, a fact which the Quran agrees with (cf. Genesis 17:15-21; Surah 11:69-73, 37:112-113, 51:24-30). Ishmael was never a promised child.
Isaac was conceived miraculously to a barren mother and a very aged father, with the Quran likewise agreeing (cf. Genesis 17:15-17, 18:9-15, 21:1-7; Galatians 4:28-29; Surah 11:69-73, 51:24-30). Ishmael was conceived normally without the need of any miraculous intervention.
God promised that it would be Isaac's descendants who would inherit the land given to Abraham.(Genesis 13:14-18, 15:18-21, 28:13-14). Ishmael had no part in the inheritance and promise given to Isaac through Abraham.
It is for these reasons that Isaac is called Abraham's only son since God himself reckoned him as the child of promise and blessings, an honor never bestowed upon Ishmael.
Galatians 4:28, "And you, dear brothers and sisters, are children of the promise, just like Isaac."
Oh my goodness. For once I am in agreement with you. I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day ( you're the broken clock,LOL). Though Ishmael and his progeny were not the children of promise, God did say that of Ishmael He would make a great people of his offspring as well. Most people don't know that there were not only the twelve of Israel that came from Isaac but there was also 12 dynasties that came from Ishmael.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502328 Dec 25, 2013
The oldest books of the Hebrew Bible, written in the 8th century BCE reflect this competition, as in the books of Hosea and Nahum, whose authors lament the "apostasy" of the people of Israel, threatening them with the wrath of God if they do not give up their polytheistic cults.

The monotheist faction seems to have gained considerable influence during the 8th century BCE, and by the 7th century BCE, based on the testimony of the Deuteronomistic source, monotheistic worship of Yahweh seems to have become official, reflected in the removal of the image of Asherah from the temple in Jerusalem under Hezekiah (r. 715–686 BCE) so that monotheistic worship of the god of Israel can be argued to have originated during his rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judai...
truth

Claremont, Australia

#502329 Dec 25, 2013
Did someone try stolen time and history?
yes
Who ever try remove or ad anything?

What ever you ad anything its going take everything from you!
What ever you try remove as truth its going be revil by holy spirit?

zelili su izbrisati..=they wish remowe
vrijeme i proslost..=time and past
danas i sutra..=today and tomorow
al' sve je u krug..=everything stay in circle
smrti i pakla..=death and hell
ni slutili nisu..=they not think
kako ce dochi jedna dusha..=how will come one person
sto zivot satka..=where life start

life=ankh
When deceivers and possessors as accusers try act lawfully they are everything..no they are not!
truth

Claremont, Australia

#502330 Dec 25, 2013
Zelili su izbrisati
vrijeme i proslost
danas i sutra
al' sve je u krug
smrti i pakla
ni slutili nisu
kako ce dochi jedna dusha
sto zivot satka

a nkh
spit over me spit
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502331 Dec 25, 2013
The contact of Israelite and Greek cultures resulted in the development of strict monotheism which recast the national god of Israel in the role of the creator of the universe, corresponding to The One or The All of Hellenistic religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judai ...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502332 Dec 25, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my goodness. For once I am in agreement with you. I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day ( you're the broken clock,LOL). Though Ishmael and his progeny were not the children of promise, God did say that of Ishmael He would make a great people of his offspring as well. Most people don't know that there were not only the twelve of Israel that came from Isaac but there was also 12 dynasties that came from Ishmael.
Before the break-away Jews created their one-god dogma, the Jews worshipped MANY gods.

I suggest you don't get "bogged down" in preferential theology, as it will UNDO you!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Tetragrammaton 1.1 Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh
1.2 Yah
1.3 Adonai
1.4 HaShem
1.5 Adoshem
1.6 YHWH Tzevaot

2 Other names and titles of God in Judaism 2.1 Adonai
2.2 Baali
2.3 El
2.4 Elah
2.5 Eloah
2.6 Elohim
2.7 El Roi
2.8 El Shaddai
2.9 Elyon
2.10 The Eternal One
2.11 Shalom
2.12 Shekhinah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_ ...
truth

Claremont, Australia

#502333 Dec 25, 2013
Who is Creator?
Creator created everything.

demons and angels will fall
why?
deceivers and possessors

-don't be deceived
-don't want what is not belong to you

it is written
its exist
-very law organization
-its exist very high organization
to ruin every person and family

see
Creator know who they are!
truth

Claremont, Australia

#502334 Dec 25, 2013
Who try ruin and destroy?
accusers=prosecutors and judges

Who they are?

o you scribe pharisee vipers
wolf and all magic things visible and not visible..

Real Creator know what is visible and not visible.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502335 Dec 25, 2013
As early as the Upper Paleolithic era, some 250,000 years ago, various tools and iconography demonstrate that primitive religions were practiced, and possibly existed up to 250,000 years before that (Campbell, 1988; Gimbutas, 1991; and Jelínek, 1975). All of these religions, as far as we can determine from that evidence, were polytheistic.

http://voices.yahoo.com/why-polytheism-was-re...
truth

Claremont, Australia

#502336 Dec 25, 2013
why they put up;$id;e.down cross as well words too..

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyy posessors

your law is not my law
you are nothing and nobody and no;w;he;r;e
much more exist in symbols
huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

very bad seeds and very good seeds
everything have reason why is like that
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#502337 Dec 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But polytheism in Judaism came BEFORE monotheism.
Pardon me to say this, but this is not correct.

Starting point of Jews was patriarch Abraham, and he was a role mode for every Monotheist on this earth.

So your contention that Polytheism of Jews came before Monotheism is not correct.

If you say about Judaism, then it is of much later period. No prophet of God used this term Judaism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Married in 10,654
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web