Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687223 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#502296 Dec 25, 2013
Both Christians and Muslims refer to each other as the evil ones that serve the devil ... and vile religious history has taught them nothing but to keep on killing each other, while in turn, they all preach gospels of supposed love.

Humans have no common sense.

Over-stimulated emotion rules by erratic imagination.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#502297 Dec 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims are not, ARE NOT, the children of the promise.
Genesis 17:17-22, " 17 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed and said to himself,“Shall a child be born to a man who is a hundred years old? Shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?” 18 And Abraham said to God,“Oh that Ishmael might live before you!” 19 God said,“No, but Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his offspring after him. 20 As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I have blessed him and will make him fruitful and multiply him greatly. He shall father twelve princes, and I will make him into a great nation. 21 "BUT I WILL ESTABLISH MY COVENANT WITH ISAAC, WHOM SARAH SHALL BEAR TO YOU AT THIS TIME NEXT YEAR.” 22 When he had finished talking with him, God went up from Abraham."
Genesis 22:1-2, 1 "After these things God tested Abraham and said to him,“Abraham!” And he said,“Here I am.” 2 He said,“Take your son, your ONLY son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”
Hebrews 11:17, " By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was in the act of offering up his ONLY son."
Muslims believe that scribes later corrupted the original reading from Ishmael to Isaac.
Since this idea stems from the Muslim misunderstanding of the phrase "only son", it becomes necessary to explain what this phrase exactly means in relation to Isaac. A careful reading of the Holy Bible shows that the phrase is used to affirm Isaac's unique status, a status based on the following:
Isaac was the only promised child of Abraham, a fact which the Quran agrees with (cf. Genesis 17:15-21; Surah 11:69-73, 37:112-113, 51:24-30). Ishmael was never a promised child.
Isaac was conceived miraculously to a barren mother and a very aged father, with the Quran likewise agreeing (cf. Genesis 17:15-17, 18:9-15, 21:1-7; Galatians 4:28-29; Surah 11:69-73, 51:24-30). Ishmael was conceived normally without the need of any miraculous intervention.
God promised that it would be Isaac's descendants who would inherit the land given to Abraham.(Genesis 13:14-18, 15:18-21, 28:13-14). Ishmael had no part in the inheritance and promise given to Isaac through Abraham.
It is for these reasons that Isaac is called Abraham's only son since God himself reckoned him as the child of promise and blessings, an honor never bestowed upon Ishmael.
Galatians 4:28, "And you, dear brothers and sisters, are children of the promise, just like Isaac."
The Muslim religion was not CREATED UNTIL HUNDREDS,OF YEARS ,AFTER JESUS,

the children of Ishmael were not the Jews ..though they may have worshipped ABRAHAMS,GOD ..until they worshipped other gods..

Many ARABS, were Chrisian until Mohamed came around establishing his,religion..
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#502298 Dec 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
"Just Jesus and ME ... and the bible makes THREE ... I am happy in MY ILL-USION!"
:)
There's no use in saying Merry Christmas to you june,but I will.

It is sad that you are posting on topix as always and not having a ouiet time with others you can share without having to type it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#502299 Dec 25, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Contradictions in Muk's hole book:
Who suffers loss if Muhammad was wrong? Sura 34:50 commands Muhammad to say, "If I go astray, I go astray only to my own loss," which is a severe factual error in the Qur'an as well as contradicting the teaching of the Qur'an in a number of other verses.
Allah, Adam, and the Angels. There are a great number of problems and inconsistencies between the several accounts of Adam's creation, Allah's command to prostrate before Adam, Satans refusal, etc.
Who Was the First Muslim? Muhammad [6:14, 163], Moses [7:143], some Egyptians [26:51], or Abraham [2:127-133, 3:67] or Adam, the first man who also received inspiration from Allah [2:37]?
Can Allah be seen and did Muhammad see his Lord? Yes [S. 53:1-18, 81:15-29], No [6:102-103, 42:51].
Again no one founded this,religion until 600 years after Christ .......And many they converters were ARAB CHRISTIANS,..then they did some conquering under the prophet ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#502300 Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas,Ricardo..Liam and June
And,anyone else ..Peace

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#502301 Dec 25, 2013
Islam is speaking today: Jealous of Christians.

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP)-- The U.S. Embassy in Kabul was hit by indirect fire before dawn on Christmas Day but no Americans were hurt, as attacks elsewhere in Afghanistan killed at least six people Wednesday, officials said.

Two rounds struck the sprawling embassy compound but it was not immediately clear which part of the complex, and a U.S. Embassy official said the incident was under investigation.

Sacramento, CA

#502302 Dec 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Merry Christmas,Ricardo..Liam and June
And,anyone else ..Peace
Same to you RoSesz.

Sacramento, CA

#502303 Dec 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christian Militias On The Rise; A New Crusade Coming
By Ted on November 10, 2013 in General
In Syria, Christian fighters have taken up arms and have formed various garrisons, defending numerous villages.
I normally don't respond to a hater with no logic, but I agree with you this post. Christians have been innocently slaughtered by the Islamics around the world and it's time they defended themselves. I'm glad they are DEFENDING their villages. They DESERVE to LIVE and be who they choose to be. Nice post June, Merry Christmas, May the Lord open your eyes this season.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502304 Dec 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again no one founded this,religion until 600 years after Christ ........
Correct.

You religion was invented 300 years after Jesus died.

Your fools never get tired of proving your own beliefs are no better than any others.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#502305 Dec 25, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get angry, thief; get honest.
Catlic Bible History Truth

3. Some early Greek manuscripts contain the Apocrypha, along with the Septuagint.(the Greek translation of the Hebrew Old Testament). The Septuagint was translated in Alexandra, Egypt which was a hot bed of heresy. From Alexandra also came the corrupted manuscripts of Alpeh, A, B upon which all modern English translations are based (the Westcott-Hort text). They including of several of these books in the LXX,(Septuagint) was the natural result of the spirit of heresy and false teaching in Egypt. However, none of these books were ever included in the Hebrew Bible and were never accepted by the Jews. Further no Greek manuscript contains the apocryphal books as does the Roman Catholic Bible. Moreover, not a single ancient manuscript contains all of the apocryphal books. Lastly, only four of the apocryphal books are found in copies of the LXX and these manuscripts date to the fourth century A.D. No copy of the Septuagint before that time has any Apocryphal books included which reflect the progression of heresy in Egypt.

4. The Jews are the ones who canonized the Books of the Old Testament and they did not include them. They have always excluded these Apocryphal books because the material in these books is heretical and contains gross doctrinal errors. Some of these gross doctrinal errors are; prayers for the dead.( 2 Macc. 12:45-46) and salvation by works.(Tobit 12:9). Praying for the dead is not biblical as Hebrews 9:27 plainly states, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." There is no second chance after death. Ephesians 2:8-9 clearly states that salvation is not by works or merited by man. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

later..
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#502306 Dec 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Both Christians and Muslims refer to each other as the evil ones that serve the devil ... and vile religious history has taught them nothing but to keep on killing each other, while in turn, they all preach gospels of supposed love.
Humans have no common sense.
Over-stimulated emotion rules by erratic imagination.
you are including yourself in that comment are you not???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#502308 Dec 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are DETERMINED to steal FAITH away from the Catholics ... but it seems you don't believe that THAT theft "counts" .... because it's committed by YOU!
~~~
One can not steal something that does not exist..
Roman Catholic do not have faith in the TRUE AND LIVING GOD
THEIR FAITH IS ONLY IN THEIR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...THEY DENY GOD'S WORD
THEY REFUSE TO HEAR GOD'S WORD....AND BELIEVE THEIR OWN INVENTED FABLES.
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#502310 Dec 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again no one founded this,religion until 600 years after Christ .......And many they converters were ARAB CHRISTIANS,..then they did some conquering under the prophet ...
This "religion" was created when Ishmael and Hagar were sent away.

Genesis 21:8-14, "8 And the child grew and was weaned. And Abraham made a great feast on the day that Isaac was weaned. 9 But Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, whom she had borne to Abraham, laughing. 10 So she said to Abraham,“Cast out this slave woman with her son, for the son of this slave woman shall not be heir with my son Isaac.” 11 And the thing was very displeasing to Abraham on account of his son. 12 But God said to Abraham,“Be not displeased because of the boy and because of your slave woman. Whatever Sarah says to you, do as she tells you, for through Isaac shall your offspring be named. 13 And I will make a nation of the son of the slave woman also, because he is your offspring.” 14 So Abraham rose early in the morning and took bread and a skin of water and gave it to Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, along with the child, and sent her away. And she departed and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba."

Hagar the Egyptian. Later the Egyptians would make slaves of the Jews. There has never been nor will there ever be peace between the Muslims and the "children of the promise", the Jews.

Are Christians "children of the promise"? Answer: YES

Romans 11:11, " So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous."

Romans 11:17, "But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree."

Romans 11:19, "Then you will say,“Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”

Romans 11:23, "And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again."

Romans 11:24, "For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree."
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#502311 Dec 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catlic Bible History Truth
3. Some early Greek manuscripts contain the Apocrypha, along with the Septuagint.(the Greek translation of the Hebrew Old Testament). The Septuagint was translated in Alexandra, Egypt which was a hot bed of heresy. From Alexandra also came the corrupted manuscripts of Alpeh, A, B upon which all modern English translations are based (the Westcott-Hort text). They including of several of these books in the LXX,(Septuagint) was the natural result of the spirit of heresy and false teaching in Egypt. However, none of these books were ever included in the Hebrew Bible and were never accepted by the Jews. Further no Greek manuscript contains the apocryphal books as does the Roman Catholic Bible. Moreover, not a single ancient manuscript contains all of the apocryphal books. Lastly, only four of the apocryphal books are found in copies of the LXX and these manuscripts date to the fourth century A.D. No copy of the Septuagint before that time has any Apocryphal books included which reflect the progression of heresy in Egypt.
4. The Jews are the ones who canonized the Books of the Old Testament and they did not include them. They have always excluded these Apocryphal books because the material in these books is heretical and contains gross doctrinal errors. Some of these gross doctrinal errors are; prayers for the dead.( 2 Macc. 12:45-46) and salvation by works.(Tobit 12:9). Praying for the dead is not biblical as Hebrews 9:27 plainly states, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." There is no second chance after death. Ephesians 2:8-9 clearly states that salvation is not by works or merited by man. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
later..
Thieves are a dime a dozen, son.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#502312 Dec 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
You religion was invented 300 years after Jesus died.
Your fools never get tired of proving your own beliefs are no better than any others.
CHRIS'S LIFE was NOT about FPINDIBG s religion..

In fact He was against RELIGIOUS PURSUITS,.
God decreed the family of AARON as priests for SACRIFICE.
after Jesus there was no further need of Prists .
He,wanted the apostles,to Evangelize ...not form a RELIGION ....And most certainly not to
CONQUER any one ..

He was about winning each soul's called to Him.by the FATHER ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#502313 Dec 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
This "religion" was created when Ishmael and Hagar were sent away.
Genesis 21:8-14, "8 And the child grew and was weaned. And Abraham made a great feast on the day that Isaac was weaned. 9 But Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, whom she had borne to Abraham, laughing. 10 So she said to Abraham,“Cast out this slave woman with her son, for the son of this slave woman shall not be heir with my son Isaac.” 11 And the thing was very displeasing to Abraham on account of his son. 12 But God said to Abraham,“Be not displeased because of the boy and because of your slave woman. Whatever Sarah says to you, do as she tells you, for through Isaac shall your offspring be named. 13 And I will make a nation of the son of the slave woman also, because he is your offspring.” 14 So Abraham rose early in the morning and took bread and a skin of water and gave it to Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, along with the child, and sent her away. And she departed and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba."
Hagar the Egyptian. Later the Egyptians would make slaves of the Jews. There has never been nor will there ever be peace between the Muslims and the "children of the promise", the Jews.
Are Christians "children of the promise"? Answer: YES
Romans 11:11, " So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous."
Romans 11:17, "But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree."
Romans 11:19, "Then you will say,“Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”
Romans 11:23, "And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again."
Romans 11:24, "For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree."
SORRY JG ..I disagree
...God DoD not tell hem to worship ....though Ishmaelsy or may not have worshipped the God of Abraham eh o saved his life

.God made him.I no a nation of people ...

They were not a RELIGION ....Just not uniter in belief until MOHAMMMED...declared he Muslim.as,a,religion....made the,Koran...then converted people to it ..they may claim.their descent from.ISMAEL...And from.Esau..I think....some ..But hey were Arabs people's .....until.Muslim was,made into a,RELIGION to get the power and the people in the,area,..to convert from.Christianity and their other beliefs ..

They were as Semiic people ...not united in a,RELIGION....
Chess

Columbus, OH

#502314 Dec 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
CHRIS'S LIFE was NOT about FPINDIBG s religion..
In fact He was against RELIGIOUS PURSUITS,.
God decreed the family of AARON as priests for SACRIFICE.
after Jesus there was no further need of Prists .
He,wanted the apostles,to Evangelize ...not form a RELIGION ....And most certainly not to
CONQUER any one ..
He was about winning each soul's called to Him.by the FATHER ...
Odd. His brother, James, must not have read the email:

James 1:27 -- Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

That is, if you want to pretend James actually wrote that text.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#502315 Dec 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin was a dictator who used the wealth in Russia for his self, while the people were starving to death in droves. Those people were not lazy, they were desperate. And anyone that disagreed with Stalin was put to death immediately.
By the way, Stalin previously studied five years to be a Catholic priest, but I suggest he found a more lucrative position as did the popes when they stole the lands and properties of others to create the world's wealthiest religion on earth.
Why blame only Catholics? What about other Churches?

Any religion with hierarchical priest hood, would result in the same way.

You can see that in Christianity and in Hinduism....

Islam is exception, because it has no hierarchical priest hood. Though people tried to do so, but they were not successful...
truth

Claremont, Australia

#502316 Dec 25, 2013
who have beautiful heart
trough heart you can know many things

poem

Sjeti se
moj mali brate
bakine price
i djedova panja
kad Hrast posices
iz njega nova mladica udara=new branch

i nad njom se sire u proljeca
miris zutih Jas.e.nova
i ljubi.castih cik.lama
i ti ces znati da je Bog sa nama.

-never look appearing
-never judged
truth

Claremont, Australia

#502317 Dec 25, 2013
Jesus Christ say;'come come little children'.
'bakina prica i djedov panj'
grandmother story
and grandpa branch..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Tue Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web