Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693321 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#502278 Dec 25, 2013
I suggest you don't allow the Wiccans to fool you into believing they have re-claimed their ancient Pagan history.

They will preach at you that the goddess loves everybody ... but those ancient Pagan theologians taught that their religions were ruled by blood-thirsty gods that needed human and other animal sacrifices to satiate their lusts.

Wicca is a religion based on fluff, and nothing BUT fluff.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502279 Dec 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was under the spell of religion, my beliefs were based on honesty. And now that I am out from under the spell of religion, my beliefs are still based on honesty.
However. I never argued that my beliefs were right when I was in religion. I simply stated at all times that what I believed was my "concept" of truth.
I used to have a habit of writing "Just my belief" at the bottom of each post, until that also irritated readers and other posters, and I stopped that habit.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
con·cept
noun
noun: concept; plural noun: concepts
an abstract idea; a general notion.
https://www.google.ca/#q=concept+definition
You seem much like myself.

Not sure f that is a compliment or an insult. LOL
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#502280 Dec 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know that Jews INVENTED concept of Monotheism?
What is your definition of a Jew any way?
Muslims are not, ARE NOT, the children of the promise.

Genesis 17:17-22, " 17 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed and said to himself,“Shall a child be born to a man who is a hundred years old? Shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?” 18 And Abraham said to God,“Oh that Ishmael might live before you!” 19 God said,“No, but Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his offspring after him. 20 As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I have blessed him and will make him fruitful and multiply him greatly. He shall father twelve princes, and I will make him into a great nation. 21 "BUT I WILL ESTABLISH MY COVENANT WITH ISAAC, WHOM SARAH SHALL BEAR TO YOU AT THIS TIME NEXT YEAR.” 22 When he had finished talking with him, God went up from Abraham."

Genesis 22:1-2, 1 "After these things God tested Abraham and said to him,“Abraham!” And he said,“Here I am.” 2 He said,“Take your son, your ONLY son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”

Hebrews 11:17, " By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was in the act of offering up his ONLY son."

Muslims believe that scribes later corrupted the original reading from Ishmael to Isaac.

Since this idea stems from the Muslim misunderstanding of the phrase "only son", it becomes necessary to explain what this phrase exactly means in relation to Isaac. A careful reading of the Holy Bible shows that the phrase is used to affirm Isaac's unique status, a status based on the following:

Isaac was the only promised child of Abraham, a fact which the Quran agrees with (cf. Genesis 17:15-21; Surah 11:69-73, 37:112-113, 51:24-30). Ishmael was never a promised child.

Isaac was conceived miraculously to a barren mother and a very aged father, with the Quran likewise agreeing (cf. Genesis 17:15-17, 18:9-15, 21:1-7; Galatians 4:28-29; Surah 11:69-73, 51:24-30). Ishmael was conceived normally without the need of any miraculous intervention.

God promised that it would be Isaac's descendants who would inherit the land given to Abraham.(Genesis 13:14-18, 15:18-21, 28:13-14). Ishmael had no part in the inheritance and promise given to Isaac through Abraham.

It is for these reasons that Isaac is called Abraham's only son since God himself reckoned him as the child of promise and blessings, an honor never bestowed upon Ishmael.

Galatians 4:28, "And you, dear brothers and sisters, are children of the promise, just like Isaac."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502281 Dec 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem much like myself.
Not sure f that is a compliment or an insult. LOL
I assure you ... it's an insult!

:)

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#502282 Dec 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>

Outside the bible there is no history that most of the characters even existed or the things they did actually happened.
Proof of Jesus outside the Bible. One of four be sure u listen to all.

Merry Christmas!

http://m.youtube.com/watch...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502283 Dec 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course NOT!!! According to you, YOU are the child of the promise!

No god would be allowed in your imagination unless you were certain that he had made that promise to special and ever-so-holy YOU.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#502284 Dec 25, 2013
"In HIM, Jesus, dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily."
(Colossians chapter 2:v.9)

A Blessed Christmas to All!

Don't eat to much. lol
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502285 Dec 25, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of Jesus outside the Bible.
Hindus have their own theologically written "evidence" outside of their literature, that their savior Krishna (whose name at an earlier time in history was Chrishna) also exists.

Those in religion are FUNNY that way!

People can dig up any old myth as being true, if only the will is theirs to comply.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502286 Dec 25, 2013
StarC wrote:
"In HIM, Jesus, dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily."
Would you still be THRILLED by his image if you thought he turned away from the Catholics to love only the Protestants???
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502287 Dec 25, 2013
"Just Jesus and ME ... and the bible makes THREE ... I am happy in MY ILL-USION!"

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#502288 Dec 25, 2013
here is what we get from Islam today. This is what the peaceful religion has evolved to: BAGHDAD (AP)-- Militants in Iraq targeted Christians in three separate Christmas Day bombings in Baghdad, killing at least 37 people, officials said Wednesday.

In one attack, a car bomb went off near a church in the capital's southern Dora neighborhood, killing at least 26 people and wounding 38, a police officer said.

Earlier, two bombs ripped through a nearby outdoor market simultaneously in the Christian section of Athorien, killing 11 people and wounding 21, the officer said.

The Iraq-based leader of the Chaldean Catholic Church, Louis Sako, said the parked car bomb exploded after Christmas Mass and that none of the worshippers were hurt. Sako said he didn't believe the church was the target.

Sacramento, CA

#502289 Dec 25, 2013
Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace "Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2013.12.25 (Baghdad, Iraq)- Over two dozen innocents outside a Catholic church are massacred by Religion of Peace bombers.
2013.12.25 (Baghdad, Iraq)- Holy Warriors target a market in a Christian area, killing at least eleven patrons in two blasts.
2013.12.24 (Nachal Oz, Israel)- A civilian is picked off across the border by a Palestinian sniper.
2013.12.23 (Tikrit, Iraq)- Five journalists are killed during a Fedayeen suicide assault on their office.
2013.12.23 (Cairo, Egypt)- A suicide bomber detonates at a police station, ending over a dozen lives in horrible fashion.
2013.12.22 (Aguiria, Libya)- Thirteen people are pulled into pieces by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#502290 Dec 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
From all my years of studying the various religions, I have yet to find any semblance of kindness between the right-fighting groups. The blood that saturated and still saturates the land of Jerusalem is but one example of the vile history of religion.
"MINE! MINE! MINE!!!" Was the call of the wild human inhabitants. "'I' will be rewarded with bliss in the afterlife, and YOU will reap ONLY evil."
Nuttier than fruitcakes!
Merry Christmas to you and your family, June.

Sacramento, CA

#502291 Dec 25, 2013
Contradictions in Muk's hole book:

Who suffers loss if Muhammad was wrong? Sura 34:50 commands Muhammad to say, "If I go astray, I go astray only to my own loss," which is a severe factual error in the Qur'an as well as contradicting the teaching of the Qur'an in a number of other verses.
Allah, Adam, and the Angels. There are a great number of problems and inconsistencies between the several accounts of Adam's creation, Allah's command to prostrate before Adam, Satans refusal, etc.
Who Was the First Muslim? Muhammad [6:14, 163], Moses [7:143], some Egyptians [26:51], or Abraham [2:127-133, 3:67] or Adam, the first man who also received inspiration from Allah [2:37]?
Can Allah be seen and did Muhammad see his Lord? Yes [S. 53:1-18, 81:15-29], No [6:102-103, 42:51].
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502292 Dec 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas to you and your family, June.
I don't celebrate Christmas, but thank you for your kind gesture, and I wish you the best in your life.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502293 Dec 25, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
here is what we get from Islam today. This is what the peaceful religion has evolved to: BAGHDAD (AP)-- Militants in Iraq targeted Christians in three separate Christmas Day bombings in Baghdad, killing at least 37 people, officials said Wednesday.
In one attack, a car bomb went off near a church in the capital's southern Dora neighborhood, killing at least 26 people and wounding 38, a police officer said.
Earlier, two bombs ripped through a nearby outdoor market simultaneously in the Christian section of Athorien, killing 11 people and wounding 21, the officer said.
The Iraq-based leader of the Chaldean Catholic Church, Louis Sako, said the parked car bomb exploded after Christmas Mass and that none of the worshippers were hurt. Sako said he didn't believe the church was the target.
Religion never created peace, and because right-fighters will never unite ... religion never will create peace.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502294 Dec 25, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Contradictions in Muk's hole book:
Who suffers loss if Muhammad was wrong? Sura 34:50 commands Muhammad to say, "If I go astray, I go astray only to my own loss," which is a severe factual error in the Qur'an as well as contradicting the teaching of the Qur'an in a number of other verses.
Allah, Adam, and the Angels. There are a great number of problems and inconsistencies between the several accounts of Adam's creation, Allah's command to prostrate before Adam, Satans refusal, etc.
Who Was the First Muslim? Muhammad [6:14, 163], Moses [7:143], some Egyptians [26:51], or Abraham [2:127-133, 3:67] or Adam, the first man who also received inspiration from Allah [2:37]?
Can Allah be seen and did Muhammad see his Lord? Yes [S. 53:1-18, 81:15-29], No [6:102-103, 42:51].
You don't have to belittle Islam in the hopes that it will make Christianity appear as a religion of peace.

If you study your history, you will see that one was as vile as the other.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502295 Dec 25, 2013
Christian Militias On The Rise; A New Crusade Coming

By Ted on November 10, 2013 in General

In Syria, Christian fighters have taken up arms and have formed various garrisons, defending numerous villages. Here is a video of a militia in the Christian pilgrimage center of Saidnaya:

It was in the area of Saidnaya where, for centuries, Christians, have been making pilgrimages to worship the God who “hath shewed strength with his arm” and “hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.”(Luke 1:51) Even Crusaders in Medieval times visited this city to venerate the God who “teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight”(Psalm 144:1). And now the Muslims want to take it, but the Christians, these modern day Crusaders, are not suffering them to do so.

One Syrian Christian militia, which calls itself The Lions of the Canyon, are so far protecting over thirty villages, and this militant order will only grow as the fighting intensifies.

In Iraq there are various Christian militias who are fighting the slaves of Allah and the acolytes of Antichrist, as this video shows here:

http://shoebat.com/2013/11/10/christian-milit...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#502296 Dec 25, 2013
Both Christians and Muslims refer to each other as the evil ones that serve the devil ... and vile religious history has taught them nothing but to keep on killing each other, while in turn, they all preach gospels of supposed love.

Humans have no common sense.

Over-stimulated emotion rules by erratic imagination.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#502297 Dec 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 17:17-22, " 17 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed and said to himself,“Shall a child be born to a man who is a hundred years old? Shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?” 18 And Abraham said to God,“Oh that Ishmael might live before you!” 19 God said,“No, but Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his offspring after him. 20 As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I have blessed him and will make him fruitful and multiply him greatly. He shall father twelve princes, and I will make him into a great nation. 21 "BUT I WILL ESTABLISH MY COVENANT WITH ISAAC, WHOM SARAH SHALL BEAR TO YOU AT THIS TIME NEXT YEAR.” 22 When he had finished talking with him, God went up from Abraham."
Genesis 22:1-2, 1 "After these things God tested Abraham and said to him,“Abraham!” And he said,“Here I am.” 2 He said,“Take your son, your ONLY son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”
Hebrews 11:17, " By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was in the act of offering up his ONLY son."
Muslims believe that scribes later corrupted the original reading from Ishmael to Isaac.
Since this idea stems from the Muslim misunderstanding of the phrase "only son", it becomes necessary to explain what this phrase exactly means in relation to Isaac. A careful reading of the Holy Bible shows that the phrase is used to affirm Isaac's unique status, a status based on the following:
Isaac was the only promised child of Abraham, a fact which the Quran agrees with (cf. Genesis 17:15-21; Surah 11:69-73, 37:112-113, 51:24-30). Ishmael was never a promised child.
Isaac was conceived miraculously to a barren mother and a very aged father, with the Quran likewise agreeing (cf. Genesis 17:15-17, 18:9-15, 21:1-7; Galatians 4:28-29; Surah 11:69-73, 51:24-30). Ishmael was conceived normally without the need of any miraculous intervention.
God promised that it would be Isaac's descendants who would inherit the land given to Abraham.(Genesis 13:14-18, 15:18-21, 28:13-14). Ishmael had no part in the inheritance and promise given to Isaac through Abraham.
It is for these reasons that Isaac is called Abraham's only son since God himself reckoned him as the child of promise and blessings, an honor never bestowed upon Ishmael.
Galatians 4:28, "And you, dear brothers and sisters, are children of the promise, just like Isaac."
The Muslim religion was not CREATED UNTIL HUNDREDS,OF YEARS ,AFTER JESUS,

the children of Ishmael were not the Jews ..though they may have worshipped ABRAHAMS,GOD ..until they worshipped other gods..

Many ARABS, were Chrisian until Mohamed came around establishing his,religion..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... 7 hr Pardon Pard 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jan 9 Apostolic of another 10,701
News For New Year, pope urges help for refugees, res... Jan 1 South Knox Hombre 1
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Dec 30 D dicampli 1
News Topless protester tries to grab baby Jesus figu... Dec 28 Donald J Trump 2
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 20 Truth Be Told 9
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov '17 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
More from around the web