Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,685
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#501966 Dec 23, 2013
"Moreover -- if I may put another strain upon you -- he thinks he is the Creator's pet. He believes the Creator is proud of him; he even believes the Creator loves him; has a passion for him; sits up nights to admire him; yes, and watch over him and keep him out of trouble. He prays to Him, and thinks He listens. Isn't it a quaint idea? " 'Letters from Earth'- Mark Twain

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#501967 Dec 23, 2013
Jesus Christ

Our Lord And Saviour

Knows the condition of raciAlly who CALLS HIS NAME..

WHETHER they be Catholic
.Baptist , Evangelical or whatever name they are called by
WE ARE CHRISTIANS,
UNDER THE BANNER OF THE KING and CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE ...

this week we celebrate HIS BIRTH in a,lowly manger ..beginning a journey on earth
THAT HE DID NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW..

The most important question to ask .ourselves ...for that is to whom HE looks,...each heart..

DO WE,LOVE HIM..DO WE REPENT OUR SINS BECAUSE THEY BRING HIM.SORROW....
Will we LOVE each other as HE taught us .
Will we follow HIM as,our Saviour .

NOTHING ELSE IS THAT IMPORTANT ...not right fighting ...not which building we go to worship...ITS OUR HEARTS TO HIM
.in relationship

God watch over us..And MSKE His face to shine on us..And grant us PEACE

Fraser Lake, Canada

#501968 Dec 23, 2013
Those who lived in fear of gods became cruel to other humans, and the mindset is still alive and very unwell.

Even today, we see Christians on this forum that are willing and eager to use words from their bible to keep on preaching that "god" is offended by homosexuals having consensual sex. They believe that the homosexuals are evil.

I've always ignored the religious preachers, and treated homosexuals as being as normal as heterosexuals ... which I suggest doesn't say much for either group ... in the context of sanity.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#501969 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The modernized Pagan religions have no connection to the Pagan religions of old. Those old-time Pagans were filled with fear of gods and they were as brutal to other humans as their era and mindsets dictated.
Modern Wiccans are fluff-bunnies, playing silly games of witchcraft in comfort, as they know full well that they are protected by the law from those in other religions that would (if allowed by law) gleefully put them to death as god-offenders.
When they claim they are taking back their old Pagan religion ... I suggest you don't believe them. They are simply great pretenders in their quests to use the term "Pagan" for their own emotional and financial gains.
June,

Happy Festivus. Please don't be angry my true MORAL God.

MY MORAL GOD has never called for its own creation to be murdered or tortured.

MY MORAL GOD does not demand to be worshipped endlessly.

MY MORAL GOD does not send its own creation to a horrid place for all eternity.

Let the immoral ones worship their delusional immoral gods.

Just don't be angry at the good in the world, because of delusional, anti-moral gods and their angry, arguing followers here.

Ramen

Fraser Lake, Canada

#501970 Dec 23, 2013
As a child, I believed that homosexuals were as normal as heterosexuals.

Preachers of the Christian FAITH had other ideas and by USING word from their bibles, they desired to intervene and change my pattern of thought to follow their thought-patterns. They preached that "god" ordained that ONLY heterosexuals would be allowed in heaven.

I didn't appreciate their words and thought the words to be repulsive ... and I still believe their words are repulsive.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#501971 Dec 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Jesus Christ
Our Lord And Saviour
Krishna ... Hindu Lord and Savior!!!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#501972 Dec 23, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
Happy Festivus. Please don't be angry my true MORAL God.
MY MORAL GOD has never called for its own creation to be murdered or tortured.
MY MORAL GOD does not demand to be worshipped endlessly.
MY MORAL GOD does not send its own creation to a horrid place for all eternity.
Let the immoral ones worship their delusional immoral gods.
Just don't be angry at the good in the world, because of delusional, anti-moral gods and their angry, arguing followers here.
Ramen
People need gods that have backbones and in turn want to put evil sinners (that reside OVER THERE in the neighbors' yards ... to death.

Your god Ramen may as well not exist, as it has no such backbone to make those necessary LOVING type of decisions.

:)

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#501973 Dec 23, 2013
One, more thought .

THE,EXACT TIME,JESUS,CAME,as,a,babe to live among us,...is,NOT IMPORTANT .
DOES,HE LVE WITHIN US,
..we're WE BORN AGAIN
.whatever term we use,FOR it ...

DO WE WELCOME HIM.IN OUR LIVES at Chrisas,and all.through the year ..

That's the important thing ..
I pray anyone who does,NOT recognize HIM as Saviour will be touched by the SPIRIT this,day and receive HIM..in Jesus,name AMEN
God keep.US all

Fraser Lake, Canada

#501974 Dec 23, 2013
Those in religions had and have the wretched HABIT of believing that their cruel gods (that ordain hells as being necessary)... are perfect.

That is an oxymoronic system of belief!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#501975 Dec 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
One, more thought .
Do you believe that the Savior of the Hindus, Krishna, exists???

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#501976 Dec 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Jesus Christ
Our Lord And Saviour
Knows the condition of raciAlly who CALLS HIS NAME..
WHETHER they be Catholic
.Baptist , Evangelical or whatever name they are called by
WE ARE CHRISTIANS,
UNDER THE BANNER OF THE KING and CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE ...
this week we celebrate HIS BIRTH in a,lowly manger ..beginning a journey on earth
THAT HE DID NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW..
The most important question to ask .ourselves ...for that is to whom HE looks,...each heart..
DO WE,LOVE HIM..DO WE REPENT OUR SINS BECAUSE THEY BRING HIM.SORROW....
Will we LOVE each other as HE taught us .
Will we follow HIM as,our Saviour .
NOTHING ELSE IS THAT IMPORTANT ...not right fighting ...not which building we go to worship...ITS OUR HEARTS TO HIM
.in relationship
God watch over us..And MSKE His face to shine on us..And grant us PEACE
GOD KNOWS,THE CONDITION OF EACH heart ..She no idea,what the racially word was supposed to be in my post ...RACE has nothing to do with God ...maybe I meant basically ..

SORRY

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#501977 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
A minister told the following story…..
A friend, a senior citizen, stopped me after church one Sunday and said, "Please tell the children that masturbation won't hurt them. I spent my entire youth in agony waiting to go blind, because my parents told me that's what would happen if I masturbated. I guess I could have stopped, but going blind seemed the better option."
haha...yeah, don't worry June, using that 2-headed silicone monster won't make you go blind;-)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#501978 Dec 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
One, more thought .
Are you willing to "think" that you will spend eternity in Hindu hell??? After all, their religion superseded your religion as being based on truth.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#501979 Dec 23, 2013
Catholics and Protestants believe in the existence of ONLY the Christian hell. And they both believe the other ones are going to that hell.

So according to THAT "reasoning" hell will be full of Catholics and Protestants.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#501980 Dec 23, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
haha...yeah, don't worry June, using that 2-headed silicone monster won't make you go blind;-)
I suggest that masturbation never made anyone go blind. But that is what the know-it-all Christian preachers taught was based on truth.

Ya just can't trust those blatherers to preach other than what they believe ... which through time has been almost everything or anything.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#501981 Dec 23, 2013
At one time it was preached by the sermonizers that all forms of diseases existed because people had offended the god.

For instance ... those suffering from leprosy were denied burial in "sacred" ground as they were perceived to have offended "GOD."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Catholic Encyclopedia > L > Leprosy

They were excluded from the church by a funeral Mass and a symbolic burial (Martène, "De Rit. ant., " III, x).

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09182a.htm

Fraser Lake, Canada

#501982 Dec 23, 2013
If an all-knowing creator created Adam and Eve ... knowing what a mess would occur as dumb and cruel humans multiplied comparable to rabbits ... and the creator KNEW that the humans would use their religious jargon to promote brutality against other humans ... the creator deserves to be shot through its invisible head.

Religion is BUNK!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501983 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious you don't want to be sure of what I mean.
You want your Catholicism to be right on the mark of truth ... PERIOD!
I GET that!
June

What I want is for you to stop pushing Catholicism and Protestantism. Your overt religious hysteria makes it difficult to communicate.

So you not only tell me what I think, and believe, but now what I want....How all-knowing of you.(smiles)

Location hidden

#501984 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your idol John Chrysostom KNEW that the Catholic new testament was based on anti-Semitism.
And the Jews knew and know that the new testament was based on anti-Semitism.
The fact that you ignore the scriptures that makes you uncomfortable, is not my problem.
June

So you KNOW what John Chrysostom KNEW.... How all wise and KNOWING of you.

If I were uncomfortable, I will let you know. Otherwise, don't assume I am....

Location hidden

#501985 Dec 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole theme of the new testament is that a Jewish messiah came to earth to lead the Jews away from Judaism and into Catholicism.
THAT is Catholic anti-Semitic hate literature.
June

Man o man, have you got it ALL wrong! But what can I expect, when you lean on your own understanding only...(sad face)

Its time for you to get deprogrammed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 57 min Crazy 8,876
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight 22 hr SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web