Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,736
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
marge

Ames, IA

#501908 Dec 22, 2013
And sounds like most agree with Phil.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/22/cra...
Liam

Chicago, IL

#501909 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
You are talking about two different things!
OldCly said, quote, "But to have attraction and not act on it, is not a sin." End quote.
Really? What does the Bible tell us? Does the Bible agree with OldCly. Let's see.
Matthew 5:28, "But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."
Oops! Busted again OldCly.
<quoted text>
OldCly, well said. You take credit for one pastor of one church. Before we go too far let me ask you this question. How many have left the Roman Catholic church since 1517? You remember 1517 don't you OldCly? You know, the Protestant Reformation. Remember? How many?
Look how fast the Protestant church has grown compared to the growth of the Roman Catholic church since 1517. We Protestants have as many members as the Roman Catholic church and it has taken less than 500 years to reach your numbers. Now what OldCly? Cat got your tongue?
Also OldCly, from 313 to 1517 Rome hijacked and corrupted the Gospel of the Lord Jesus. We, the Protestants, have reclaimed what belonged to us from the beginning. Your Roman theology has been replaced with the Gospel truth and it began in 1517. Goodbye OldCly.
That's not true in the least. Protestantism started out with one church and it quickly unraveld into 3, 4. 10, 50, 200, and now 40,000. We are on this Earth to become sanctified. How can we accomplish this when we really don't know what is truth? is it sola fide or faith + works?
The Bible says that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. In fact, that's how we ended up with a Bible. It developed thru the sacred traditions of this Church.
Yes there are allot of people leaving the cc. But we're still expanding not shrinking. I brought up those particular coverts because they are notable ex protestant ministers. And its spreading fast thanks to the information superhighway. People can click twice and hear both sides of the issue. Growing up, you couldn't have done that, youngJG.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#501910 Dec 22, 2013
marge wrote:
And sounds like most agree with Phil.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/22/cra...
I don't really watch reality tv..

Your missing my point. If someone is in a gay relationship, they are sinning. If someone lusts in their heart towards anyone, they are sinning. Ok?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#501911 Dec 22, 2013
marge wrote:
Clay, maybe you should write the paper and set them straight;
http://www.nbcnews.com/
I should, but it wouldn't do any good. I think it was an NBC reporter who was sitting 5 feet from the Pope when he said "who am I to judge" on the plane ride from Brazil. The Pope talked with them for over an hour and went into great detail. They snatched one sentence and threw it on the headlines. We know what he meant. Others with agendas needed him to mean something else. For the liberals, they needed him to mean that Homosexual relationships are ok. For the fundamentals they needed the show how the Pope went against scripture. Neither is correct. Francis was clear as can be to them: homosexual sex is wrong. Homosexual marriage is wrong.

The Pope said he 'won't judge anyone who approaches God with a sincere heart'. This doesn't mean that Homosexual relationships are ok. Comprende?
Now will you apologize for misrepresenting what the Pope meant? Of course you won't. In fact, you'll ignore the truth and continue bearing false witness against him. That's your religion, Marge.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501912 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldCly said, quote, "But to have attraction and not act on it, is not a sin." End quote.
Really? What does the Bible tell us? Does the Bible agree with OldCly. Let's see.
Matthew 5:28, "But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."
<quoted text>
OldCly, well said. You take credit for one pastor of one church. Before we go too far let me ask you this question. How many have left the Roman Catholic church since 1517? You remember 1517 don't you OldCly? You know, the Protestant Reformation. Remember? How many?
Look how fast the Protestant church has grown compared to the growth of the Roman Catholic church since 1517. We Protestants have as many members as the Roman Catholic church and it has taken less than 500 years to reach your numbers. Now what OldCly? Cat got your tongue?
Also OldCly, from 313 to 1517 Rome hijacked and corrupted the Gospel of the Lord Jesus. We, the Protestants, have reclaimed what belonged to us from the beginning. Your Roman theology has been replaced with the Gospel truth and it began in 1517. Goodbye OldCly.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true in the least. Protestantism started out with one church and it quickly unraveld into 3, 4. 10, 50, 200, and now 40,000. We are on this Earth to become sanctified. How can we accomplish this when we really don't know what is truth? is it sola fide or faith + works?
The Bible says that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. In fact, that's how we ended up with a Bible. It developed thru the sacred traditions of this Church.
Yes there are allot of people leaving the cc. But we're still expanding not shrinking. I brought up those particular coverts because they are notable ex protestant ministers. And its spreading fast thanks to the information superhighway. People can click twice and hear both sides of the issue. Growing up, you couldn't have done that, youngJG.
You, the Roman Catholic church did not give us the Bible. The small "c" catholic, universal, not Roman Catholic capital "C" was given the Bible. Rome, your fraternal thieving brotherhood, stole it in 300 AD, corrupted it with pagan religions of the Roman Empire and your founder Constantine. Not only that, you translated the Bible, originally written in Hebrew and Greek, into Latin. Latin? The language of Rome not the people of God. And in translating the Bible into Latin you corrupted it again. Here is an example. The Bible in its original Greek never said, hail mary, full of grace. This only happened after Jerome corrupted the original Greek text to fit Roman theology.

Finally, we are saved by FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE. Amen.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#501913 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You, the Roman Catholic church did not give us the Bible. The small "c" catholic, universal, not Roman Catholic capital "C" was given the Bible. Rome, your fraternal thieving brotherhood, stole it in 300 AD, corrupted it with pagan religions of the Roman Empire and your founder Constantine. Not only that, you translated the Bible, originally written in Hebrew and Greek, into Latin. Latin? The language of Rome not the people of God. And in translating the Bible into Latin you corrupted it again. Here is an example. The Bible in its original Greek never said, hail mary, full of grace. This only happened after Jerome corrupted the original Greek text to fit Roman theology.
That just doesn't make sense sir. You can't add your personal desires to historic fact. It was a hierarchy of the Catholic Church - eastern orthodox included btw- who formed the Books of the Bible. You won't find one college professor who'll say otherwise for fear of looking like an idiot in front of their colleagues.

Here is one of the oldest known Christian 'bibles' or collection of scriptures we have. It contains Sirach, Tobit and maccabees as well as the other books protestants removed 1200 yrs later.
"Codex Sinaiticus"
wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Sinaiticus

What right did Martin Luther have to dismantle the Bible like that?
See, Protestantism immediately began with a lie. It couldn't sustain itself, so is unraveld into thousands of 'truths'.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#501914 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Council of Rome in 367 AD with Pope Damaseus presiding and a series of Synods after, determined the Christian canon. The list was finally complete at Hippo in 417 AD. And closed at Trent. Before the 4th century, there is no record of a set canon of Christian inspired scriptures. No Bible, oldjeep. Do you have any records of your small "c " catholic church determining the canon without anyones knowledge??

wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon

Come on man, it should feel awesome to learn these truths. Instead you guys grow more bitter. That's just stupid. You really wanna be right at all costs.
truth

Perth, Australia

#501915 Dec 22, 2013
i say to you every victim and every marty have speacial place in real god eyes..yee
everything have reason
Did you stay under attack of others?
Is that your sin?
no
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501916 Dec 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That just doesn't make sense sir. You can't add your personal desires to historic fact. It was a hierarchy of the Catholic Church - eastern orthodox included btw- who formed the Books of the Bible. You won't find one college professor who'll say otherwise for fear of looking like an idiot in front of their colleagues.
Here is one of the oldest known Christian 'bibles' or collection of scriptures we have. It contains Sirach, Tobit and maccabees as well as the other books protestants removed 1200 yrs later.
"Codex Sinaiticus"
wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Sinaiticus
What right did Martin Luther have to dismantle the Bible like that?
See, Protestantism immediately began with a lie. It couldn't sustain itself, so is unraveld into thousands of 'truths'.
You miss the entire point. It was not the ROMAN CATHOLIC church. It was the catholic church, the 'UNIVERSAL' church. The universal church did not have a pope. The true Christian church >>>>> NOT '''''''''ROME'''''''''<< <<<<. Rome was and is a corrupter and deceiver of the Gospel. Do you finally get it or is it still going over your head.
OldCly, you can call a pig a cow if you would like but the fact remains the pig is still a pig.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501917 Dec 22, 2013
Roman Catholicism and Christianity are not the same thing. Christianity is properly defined by certain doctrines that are revealed in the Bible. It is not defined by simply saying that as long as you believe in Jesus, you're a Christian. Mormons believe in Jesus, but their Jesus is a brother of the devil in the pre-existence. The Jesus of the Jehovah's Witnesses is Michael the Archangel. So, just saying you believe in Jesus doesn't make you a Christian. This is why the Bible tells us who Jesus really is, God in flesh, creator of the universe. Likewise, there are essential doctrines, and if any of those essential doctrines are violated, then a church would only appear to be Christian but not really be Christian.

1. There is only one God and you are to serve no other gods.
2. Jesus is both God and man
3. Jesus rose from the dead physically
4. Salvation is by grace through faith
5. The gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus according to the scriptures
6. God is a Trinity
7. Jesus was born of a virgin

Someone who is a true Christian will believe these things and not violate them. Roman Catholicism violates two of them (#1 and #4). First of all, by its practice of promoting Mary to the level of God-like capabilities, they break the commandment to have no other gods before the true and living God. In Roman Catholicism, they say that Mary is the mediatrix (Catechism of the Catholic Church paragraph 969); Mary made atonement for the sins of man (Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma, page 213); Mary is the subject of preaching and worship (Vatican Council II, p. 420).

Also, Roman Catholicism violates the biblical doctrine of salvation by grace through faith alone. Paul the apostle, for example, tells us in Romans 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness." But Roman Catholicism denies that and says, "...so that all men may attain salvation through faith, baptism and the observance of the Commandments," (CCC, par 2068). Also, consider this:

"If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema" (Council of Trent, Canons on Justification, Canon 9).

So, even though Roman Catholicism claims to be Christian and that it is the one true church, it violates the essentials of the Christian faith. It goes beyond what is written in God's word.

I Corinthians 4:6, "I have applied all these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brothers, that you may learn by us NOT TO GO BEYOND WHAT IS ""WRITTEN" ", that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another."

Roman Catholicism denies the sole and true sovereignty of the living God by promoting prayer to and the worship of Mary. Also, it denies justification by faith alone in Christ alone. It is not a Christian church.

http://carm.org/is-catholicism-christian

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#501918 Dec 22, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't say she's a waste of time but all Christians should stop discussing anything scriptural with her because considering how she tramples the scriptures under her feet,to continue to discuss Gods word with her is what is called casting pearls before swine.
I for one will never reply to her again.
I agree, until she is ready to debate using logic instead of hate, I won't either.
truth

Perth, Australia

#501919 Dec 22, 2013
words
infinite
to be save
t be resuracted
see

you liked make limite what God promise..

why

fight for power

no no no no

see
read again word infinite
with greed and lust you liked say
who can and who can't
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501920 Dec 22, 2013
A good read from a good site.

http://one-evil.org/content/entities_organiza...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501921 Dec 22, 2013
I looked and looked and looked and looked and looked and looked and could not find any reference of these items in the B I B L E. I did find them in many pagan religions. These are Roman...not Christian. Thank you. OldJG

1. Rosary beads

2. Sacrifice of the mass

3. Genuflecting

4. Holy water

5. Masses for the dead

6. Sign of the cross

7. Cardinal

8. Last rights

9. Limbo

10. Pope

11. Mandatory celibacy of church leadership

12. Purgatory

13. Nun

14. Holy eucharist (the venerated 'host')

15. Seven sacraments needed for salvation

16. Monk

17. Transubstantiation (bread turns into Jesus)

18. Mortal sins

19. Crucifix

20. Clergy dressing differently than the laity (the average church member)

21. Venial sins

22. Stations of the cross

23. Christening (baptizing infants as a way of imparting the Holy Spirit into them)

24. Indulgences

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#501924 Dec 22, 2013
Since the scriptures do not authorize our celebrating these days, there is no reason for us to do so. Besides, nobody knows when Jesus was born and nobody knows the Sunday on which Jesus was raised from the dead. We do not celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ; we celebrate his death and resurrection. If the God of heaven had intended for Christians to honor these two days--Christmas and Easter--he would have provided instructions for doing so. Both of these are based on pagan holidays--not on the scriptures.

truth

Perth, Australia

#501925 Dec 22, 2013
prayers
prayers
prayers
Who don't liked prayers?
truth

Perth, Australia

#501926 Dec 22, 2013
Who dont liked rosary?
rosary is great weapens against devil and wicket world..
truth

Perth, Australia

#501927 Dec 22, 2013
Did God created pagans?
How you call your your Creator?

Creator of visible and invisible in all aspect.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#501928 Dec 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
`````
sa 57:1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.
Isa 57:2 He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.
Isa 57:3 But draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress,
the seed of the adulterer and the whore.
Isa 57:4 Against whom do ye sport yourselves? against whom make ye a wide mouth, and draw out the tongue? are ye not children of transgression, a seed of falsehood,
Isa 57:5 Enflaming yourselves with idols under every green tree, slaying the children in the valleys under the clifts of the rocks?
Isa 57:6 Among the smooth stones of the stream is thy portion; they, they are thy lot: even to them hast thou poured a drink offering, thou hast offered a meat offering. Should I receive comfort in these?
Do you actually know what these verses mean? Are you like so many Christians that quote scriptures but in reality you haven't a clue as to what they mean?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#501929 Dec 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really watch reality tv..
Your missing my point. If someone is in a gay relationship, they are sinning. If someone lusts in their heart towards anyone, they are sinning. Ok?
Now let me get this straight. Some Christians say we are no longer under the law yet homosexuality is against the law. How can homosexuality be a sin,i.e against the law if we are no longer under the law? You guys sure are confused.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 15 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 17 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 18 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••