Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,192
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#501804 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right!!! The new testament was compiled by Catholics for Catholic use ONLY. And just as the Catholics should not have messed with the Jew's religious literature, the Protestants shouldn't mess with Catholic literature.
Those in religion steal words from other religions, twist them and add other words to suit their own religions, and then pretend they didn't twist meanings ... or commit any theft whatsoever.
For instance ... without the religion of the Jews, there would BE no Catholic religion ... as Catholicism was simply a rotten branch that grew off of the rotten tree of Judaism.
Those in both religions swore on their supposed holy books that they knew truth from a god ... and that was a lie.
Everything in the Bible, even Jesus himself says he was an observant Jew.

He taught in Jewish Temples. If he ever claimed to be a god, that NEVER would have been allowed. The Jews were passionate about "one God." The Messiah was never, ever taught to be a god.

Yes, the Catholics stole their religion and then killed untold millions of Jews on behalf of their immoral god.

ONLY the Catholic church could have created a Hitler or a Mussolini. Protestants are too disorganized.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501805 Dec 22, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> You do know that this isn't really the birthday of Jesus Christ, it's simply a man made date, I really believe his death has more importance than celebrating his birthday.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes His death is more important. That's why the Universal Church of Christ calls lent and Easter the most holiest time of the year. Do you guys observe Christmas and Easter?
Lent? Lent? Prior to Jesus resurrection is there a Biblical reference to the practice of "lent". "Lent" is another made up Roman Catholic event.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#501806 Dec 22, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> So you're implying two wrongs make a right
Those in religion that use words in their "books" to bully others, ALWAYS believe that whatever they do to harm others with those words will turn out right for their selves in the supposed afterlife.

Prince George, Canada

#501807 Dec 22, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Is Nick in the same religion as are you?

Prince George, Canada

#501808 Dec 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Dear Lord, I thank you for "RoSesz and her gently heart Dear Lord.
All Praise and Glory belongs to you, you alone are worthy.
Her supposed "gentle" heart, guided by her supposed "gentle" brain ALLOWED HER to be certain that Jesus loves only those (such as her) who worship him ... but will reject all others (the majority of the world's population)... because they don't believe in HIM."

GREED is the game played by those in religion.

The name of the game is ... if you mentally convince your selves that you own a savior that personally dotes on YOU, you are AHEAD in the game.

Selfish FOOLS!

Prince George, Canada

#501809 Dec 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Most importantly because it's the Truth. May God bless you June:)
Every fool in every religion believes that truth is owned by his/her brain-cells.

Your blight is nothing new. It's simply a form of arrogance wrapped in your hypnotic self-induced trance.

You are vain enough to believe that a Jew would disown other Jews to in turn FALL for your Christian blasphemy.

Prince George, Canada

#501810 Dec 22, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't say she's a waste of time but all Christians should stop discussing anything scriptural with her because considering how she tramples the scriptures under her feet,to continue to discuss Gods word with her is what is called casting pearls before swine.
I for one will never reply to her again.
Scriptures are simply words USED by VAIN people.

If you believed that a creator loved everybody without scriptural strings attached, you would not WANT to USE those scriptures.

It's your GREEDY NEED to believe you are special that holds you in religious bondage.

Prince George, Canada

#501811 Dec 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NOT GIVEN MY OPINION ON THE subject ..
I am NOT,for torturing or imprisoning any one .
If you believe that HELL in a hereafter is not a form of torture, or imprisonment ... then you are sadly lacking in brain-cells.

Prince George, Canada

#501812 Dec 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are:
"I pray Jesus that you will take ME to heaven, and I understand why you reject all those other evil-ones that deserve to spend eternity in hell. Bless you Jesus ... oh holy LOVING-savior of "ME."
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#501813 Dec 22, 2013
NOTE: Whoever got my name in the thread's Christmas raffle, I'm really hoping for a Chia Jesus this year.

Prince George, Canada

#501814 Dec 22, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I bet Christmas dinner at your house is a real pizzer!
I don't celebrate Christmas. Far too much blood was spread over the earth because of the belief in Jesus as a savior of ONLY Christians ... First Catholics and then Protestants.

Religion is BUNK!

If you can't be kind without religion, you certainly won't be kind when it owns your brain-cells.

The right-fighting of Catholics and Protestants on this forum is just a slight example of such egregious stupidity.

Prince George, Canada

#501815 Dec 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why only give one side of the story, why not full picture?
Trying to mislead the people?
There is no other side to the story of any religion.

"I am special to the creator ... and YOU are dirt under MY FEET! And I have scriptural PROOF right here in my bible that the savior sees it MY WAY."

Prince George, Canada

#501816 Dec 22, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
The Secret Gospel of Mark I -- The Discovery.
In 1958, Morton Smith, an eminent Columbia University professor of history, discovered a 1646 edition of Isaac Voss’ Genuine Letters of Ignatius in the library of the Mar Saba monastery,
Ignatius was a Catholic theologian who was paid to write lies.

All theologians were paid to write lies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Ignatius Bishop of Antioch (98-117A.D.)– Epistle to the Magnesians

For if we are still practicing Judaism, we admit that we have not received God’s favor…it is wrong to talk about Jesus Christ and live like Jews.

Prince George, Canada

#501817 Dec 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I certainly agree on the fiction part .
What better way for either Religious,Jews,...or zealots...or Romans,..though it sounds,more like it comes from religious people who hated Christ
With good reason the Jews didn't believe that Jesus WAS the Jewish messiah.

But in your Christianized hypnotic mental state ... your mentality is too dumbed-down to understand WHY.

Prince George, Canada

#501818 Dec 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes His death is more important.
Do you believe (within the theology) that Jesus converted to Catholicism by his own will before he died on the cross... or that he did so after he died on the cross?

Catholics teach on one hand that Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi known as Rabboni (Supreme leader of Judaism)... yet on the other hand they teach that Jesus chose to be baptized by the Catholic Saint John in the river Jordan before Jesus died on the cross.

There is a huge lie living in your presence. I suggest you take a look at it and you will SEE!

I understand why you will ignore my question, as all other Christians on the forum have also ignored the same question. You don't WANT to think about it, as it will rock your boat, causing your boat to cap-size.

Prince George, Canada

#501819 Dec 22, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything in the Bible, even Jesus himself says he was an observant Jew.
He taught in Jewish Temples. If he ever claimed to be a god, that NEVER would have been allowed. The Jews were passionate about "one God." The Messiah was never, ever taught to be a god.
Yes, the Catholics stole their religion and then killed untold millions of Jews on behalf of their immoral god.
ONLY the Catholic church could have created a Hitler or a Mussolini. Protestants are too disorganized.
When the Jews wouldn't follow Martin Luther's new religion, he also became a hater of Jews, and to a certain degree, that rubbed off on his followers.

However, the Catholics put more gusto into their hatred of Jews than did the Protestants, because Protestantism came earth in the sixteenth century, in an era when the Christian religion was so divided within itself that the laws by necessity were changing to try to stop the Christians from killing each other.

Prince George, Canada

#501820 Dec 22, 2013
In early Christianity it was the Catholics against the Jews, and that became the reason for centuries of slaughter by the Catholics that were given full power over all other religions in the Roman empire to follow their own wills.

The popes ordered the tortures, the imprisonments and the murder of any group that dared to disagree with Catholic doctrine. And the Jews were left at Catholic mercy ... which was never intended by the ex-Jew Catholics to be forthcoming.

To preach for all those centuries that a Jew named Jesus worked in their confessionals forgiving sins of Catholics would make any Jew on earth grit his teeth at the audacity of such preaching.

I hope that the Jews don't hold grudges ... because if they do ... the Catholics best beware that the tide of brutality might turn and go the other direction.

Prince George, Canada

#501821 Dec 22, 2013
I suggest that when the Jews watch the pope blathering about love of Jesus, they sneer at his audacity to mention the word love in the same sentence as the word Jesus.

I'm not a Jew, and it makes me wonder how the popes pulled the wool over so many people's eyes for so many centuries without the tide turning in the other direction.

Of course because of the Catholic holdings the power, those that dared to question were immediately silenced and referred to as "heretics" ... offenders of "GOD" ... blah, blah, blah.

The history of all religion is VILE and nothing of which to be proud.

Prince George, Canada

#501822 Dec 22, 2013
Even the idiot-nudist Gerald Gardner USED his new Wiccan religion to vilify homosexuals because of his own homophobia ... as he maintained that the goddess curses homosexuals.

I suggest that all humans are bullies by nature ... but religion gives bullies self-perceived JUST reason TO bully and they took and still take full advantage of the USE of words in those man-created BOOKS to keep on bullying.

Prince George, Canada

#501823 Dec 22, 2013
There is no bully with the POWER of a religious bully ... as the bully always preaches that the god ordains the bullying.

"God says that YOU are going to hell, and 'I' am destined for heaven! SO THERE!!!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy 8,298
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 2 hr KidlatNgayon 81
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••