Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667948 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#501737 Dec 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Not true....I support him for the man he is not the faith he believes in. Nick and I differ in a lot of our beliefs....I am "fond" of nick for his over all being not because we share the same faith.
Does he belong to the same religion as do you???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#501738 Dec 21, 2013
Dear Father ..

We am for peace this,Chtistmas season..when we celebrate the birth of your Dear Son..

We pray for the odd health and healing of all on this forum..
NUCK..PRESTON LTM..MY FAMILY..And the families of everyone Here
That we may enjoy the Holidays,with family and friends ..

Keep.US,safe as we travel

In Jesus name..Amen..

Quesnel, Canada

#501740 Dec 21, 2013
People go to the bible and find the same scriptures that every other person in the bible reads. Yet SOME of the readers find somewhere or other in that jumble of words that "God" has specifically CALLED them to be preachers.

It's amazing how the human mind can con itself into the most ludicrous beliefs.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#501741 Dec 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the bible condemns homosexual behaviour.
Phil Roberston:“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ‘em, give ‘em the good news about Jesus — whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ‘em out later, you see what I’m saying?”
Pope Francis:“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?”
Again, you're just a much a sinner in God's eye as any sodomizer, murderer or thief.
Though he TV said he,said they were in Damnation

I should never listen to TV ...wonder how this,will play put ..thing is. ITS REALITY TV..that a eh o He is ...

But the only people it's allowed to say bad things,about and NOT have it called HATE speech are Christians ...it was not this way when I was younger ...bit by hit the Nation has tried to kick out the Creator of everything ..very sad .

Interesting o see what A E does ..I don't imagine gays were their fan base in the first place ...

Quesnel, Canada

#501742 Dec 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
We am for peace
Will you stop arguing with others on the forum that your religion is based on truth and that those in other religions are deceivers???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

peace

noun

noun: peace; noun: the peace

freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#501743 Dec 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It reads so plain no need not to know, you should know Clay and tell your children;
The Guilt of Humankind
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of those who by their wickedness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they

snipped for space
Well you're in no position to tell anyone what the scriptures are saying. The Holy Spirit does not guide your interpretations. The verses you posted ironically are more applied to the born again movement which you are affiliated with.

I've known gay people who were likely gay because of psychological trauma; I've met some who seem to be gay for the heck of it. And I've also met some who acted like the opposite sex since they were 5. They'll testify that they were born this way.

Ignorant bible fanatics have no business condemning them to hell. Especially since some of you hypocrites are on your 2nd and 3rd marriage. Therefore, you're equally as guilty as the homosexual who acts on their impulses.

Quesnel, Canada

#501744 Dec 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
..bit by hit the Nation has tried to kick out the Creator of everything .....
The sooner the bible is recognized as a hate book, the better.

You don't care one iota that homosexuals were imprisoned, tortured and put to death by Christians that used their bible to hate the humans that they believed offended a supposed god.

You are certain that a god is enamored with you, but I perceive you are cold and calculating and manipulative to boot.

Quesnel, Canada

#501745 Dec 21, 2013
Preacher of peace ... "Let's go kill some sinners and that way the world will be a peaceful place for us holy ones to live."
truth

Caversham, Australia

#501746 Dec 21, 2013
why lucifer is holy

very sad
decivers and posessors
evil serve evil

nothing to do with real Creator

not at all
truth

Caversham, Australia

#501747 Dec 21, 2013
bolje biti mrtav nego davlu dushu dati

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#501748 Dec 21, 2013
[who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
You CHOOSE to be a homophobic FOOL! Religious myths started because of FEAR.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Assyrian clay tablet points to 'Sodom and Gomorrah' asteroid
A Cuneiform clay tablet which for over 150 years defied attempts at interpretation has now been revealed to describe an asteroid impact which in 3123 BC hit Köfels, Austria, leaving in its wake a trail of destruction which may acccount for the biblical tale of Sodom and Gomorrah.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/kofel ...

----------
Would you like the exact details...that did not need 150 years of attempts at interpretation?

Gen 19:24 Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah sulfur and fire from the LORD out of heaven.

God has no problem with shattering an asteroid right where He wants it.

KayMarie

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#501750 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Will "Preacher of the only truth in the universe" satisfy your "cravings???"
:)
Without a doubt.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#501751 Dec 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
[who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
You CHOOSE to be a homophobic FOOL! Religious myths started because of FEAR.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Assyrian clay tablet points to 'Sodom and Gomorrah' asteroid
A Cuneiform clay tablet which for over 150 years defied attempts at interpretation has now been revealed to describe an asteroid impact which in 3123 BC hit Köfels, Austria, leaving in its wake a trail of destruction which may acccount for the biblical tale of Sodom and Gomorrah.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/kofel ...
----------
Would you like the exact details...that did not need 150 years of attempts at interpretation?
Gen 19:24 Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah sulfur and fire from the LORD out of heaven.
God has no problem with shattering an asteroid right where He wants it.
KayMarie
KayMarie, if people would read the bible they would find the answers to many problems scientist are looking for today.
Just like they did when the plaque hit Europe, the only nation not effected by the plaque was the Jewish nation, the scientist went to the bible to find out why , and read of the way God instructed them to wash themselves as well as their food, and where to place their latrines a certain distant from were they camped or lived etc.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#501752 Dec 21, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're in no position to tell anyone what the scriptures are saying. The Holy Spirit does not guide your interpretations. The verses you posted ironically are more applied to the born again movement which you are affiliated with.
I've known gay people who were likely gay because of psychological trauma; I've met some who seem to be gay for the heck of it. And I've also met some who acted like the opposite sex since they were 5. They'll testify that they were born this way.
Ignorant bible fanatics have no business condemning them to hell. Especially since some of you hypocrites are on your 2nd and 3rd marriage. Therefore, you're equally as guilty as the homosexual who acts on their impulses.
So you're implying two wrongs make a right in your analogy of gay people and straight people who divorce their lifelong partners to be just as bad as being gay? WRONG!!! First of all gay people have already came to the need of divorce lawyers, so try again. Again on the divorce issue, as long as the Christian doesn't do the divorcing, they may get remarried, the one who wanted the divorce must stay single or go back to the one they divorced. It's as simple as this, being gay is a sin. They were not born this way because God created a man and a woman to be together, Sex between two men or two women is a sin and these people know it, but they don't care, because they don't care what God has to say to start with.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#501753 Dec 21, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>
The
Apostles
Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.
Amen. Old, jg, you are going to have a talk with Christ soon.you better change..
http://www.goarch.org/chapel/l iturgical_texts/creed

Location hidden

#501754 Dec 21, 2013
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#501755 Dec 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Dear Father ..
We am for peace this,Chtistmas season..when we celebrate the birth of your Dear Son..
In Jesus name..Amen..
Amen Dear Lord, I thank you for "RoSesz and her gently heart Dear Lord.
All Praise and Glory belongs to you, you alone are worthy.

Location hidden

#501756 Dec 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Dear Father ..
In Jesus name..Amen..
Beautiful pray Rose...Amen......who's Nuck? lol Merry Christmas!!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#501760 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that, because he says it exactly as YOU would say it.
:)
Most importantly because it's the Truth. May God bless you June:)
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#501763 Dec 21, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people are probably born attracted to the same sex (homosexuals). That's not a sin. The sin is when you put your sexual organ in someones digestive system or act in other sexual ways towards someone of the same sex. In this way, heterosexuals can be just as guilty as the homosexual. We can misuse our sexual gift too. If you divorced your husband because you were attracted to another man, you acted on an impure desire. You're just as guilty as a gay person as your stand before God.
This is why protestants never should have replaced the pillar and foundation of truth- which is the Church, with the bible only. Now you don't have the guarantee of truth. Basically, all you have is your private interpretations of the Bible, less the seven Books and few chapters you removed.
I total agree with your post on this subject, The Bible says only the marriage bed is undefiled. Sex with anyone outside of marriage is sinful.
Homesexuality, is being accepted in every walk of life today as normal, in the 60's "if it feels good do it. The worlds moral compass is off the charts.
God does love us but it doesn't love our sin, and for a Pope to stand up in public and state what this new Pope did about homosexuality and abortion being small issues, He stated "The Catholic Church will fall like a house of cards" if it doesn't balance its divisive rules about abortion, gays and contraception with the greater need to make the church a merciful, more welcoming place for all.
Lev's 18 - Leviticus 20:13
13"'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.(NIV)
Romans 1:26-27
26For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.(NRSV)
Is the popes word above God's or is he like all catholic popes wanting to change the laws of God. We maybe under the blood that doesn't mean we do away with God's laws.
New Testament
cont

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 7 hr Rainbow Kid 331
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web