Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683876 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#501719 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If his religion was different than yours, you would display your true character ... and I suggest it wouldn't be at all PRETTY! You would turn on him as you turn on others that disagree with your religion.
Nick is a died in the wool Catholic, who for a long while tried to feign kindness and consideration of others in his posts. But I recognized from past experience of dealing with those in religion that he was simply trying to show how those in his wonderful religion are actually kind people aligned to only HOLINESS.
What a joke! He's here to defend his Catholic religion, and to try to convert others TO Catholicism as the only truth in the universe.
Nick is Orthodox not Catholic and he has no desire to convert anyone. Why is it that some people here think they can read other people's minds and hearts.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#501720 Dec 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't your pope make a statement in support of Phil Robertson? Could it be his "buddies" are sodomites? Just wondering.
<quoted text>
Are you offended? You are more offended by my statement than you are by a pedophile priest sodomizing a little boy. How do I know this? You keep sending your money to Rome and they keep defending the perverts hiding in the confessional box. What does that say about you?
You act about as much like a deacon as Preston as a Pastor. Maybe I should declare myself a Pastor and excommunicate both you knuckleheads from Christianity, lol

Here is a former Minister of a 15,000 strong mega church who walked away from it because he learned the truth.. He weeped openly while partaking in the Eucharist for the first time.
The plague of fundamental christianity will come to a close thanks to the information superhighway. You simple cannot sustain lies in the face of truth.

whyimcatholic.com/index.php/conversion-storie...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#501721 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
For many people, Christmas is a time for giving the corporations your money, buying gifts for others that they don't want, so that you will be in debt even further than you were before Christmas!
Christmas is a time that many people who don't feel loved commit suicide because they foolishly believe that others are HAPPY with family and friends.
Some of the hype might be true, but the police know that Christmas can be a time when family members that hate each other join together in close quarter ... have too much alcohol, fight and sometimes even kill each other.
It's not all the glitz and glitter put to the gullible public as a time for peace and happiness ... as for many who are already in debt, and carry family grudges, it results in anything BUT peace and happiness.
Actually you're right June, such as suicide. Suicide does seem to increase because of the festive time of the year, and especially for teens as their bodies are in high gear, referring to their hormones, so we as parents need to be more aware of what's NOT going on if you have a teen, and the elderly also need to be watched.. Christmas is a man made celebration to celebrate the birth of Jesus, although it's not his birthday and I actually believe his death is what's important, more so than his birthday. Alcohol does have a tendency to release our inhibitions to do things we normally wouldn't. People have a tendency to go in debt for their children, and then when it comes time to pay the piper it's so hard to do, such a vicious circle to deal with for some.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#501722 Dec 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't your pope make a statement in support of Phil Robertson? Could it be his "buddies" are sodomites? Just wondering.
<quoted text>
Are you offended? You are more offended by my statement than you are by a pedophile priest sodomizing a little boy. How do I know this? You keep sending your money to Rome and they keep defending the perverts hiding in the confessional box. What does that say about you?
SeniorcitizenJG, you are on the loosing end. Give it up. The pinnacle of Christianity is the Eucharist not the Bible. The pillar of truth is not the Bible, its the Church. That's what the Bible says.

You've eliminated the Pillar and the Eucharist. What you have now is something very confusing. I'm sure its all the more confusing because you know in your heart that the Lord has blessed you with graces in your life in spite of your rejection of His Church and the Eucharist.(this is because God is Love, not because your theology is correct)
truth

Caversham, Australia

#501723 Dec 21, 2013
Your comerc. materialistic Cristmass not worthy in my eyes or my heart not at all.I born without that I will died without that.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#501724 Dec 21, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No. What i said was "many people are PROBABLY born attracted to the same sex. I don't know for sure. My personal opinion is that some people were and some were not. In some cases of homosexuality, biology is the reason and sociaology or psychology is the other. There is allot of data coming in that shows many were born that way. How could simply being attracted to the same sex be a sin then, for those who are born that way thru no fault of their own?
You bible worshipers only focus on verse verse verse. This confuses you when people bring in reason and logic to the argument.
It reads so plain no need not to know, you should know Clay and tell your children;

The Guilt of Humankind

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and wickedness of those who by their wickedness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse; 21 for though they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their senseless minds were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools; 23 and they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling a mortal human being or birds or four-footed animals or reptiles.

>>>24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the degrading of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.<<<
marge

Leesburg, GA

#501725 Dec 21, 2013
>>>26 For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.<<<
marge

Leesburg, GA

#501726 Dec 21, 2013
Matthew Henry says it nicely;

1:26-32 In the horrid depravity of the heathen, the truth of our Lord's words was shown: Light was come into the world, but men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil; for he that doeth evil hateth the light. The truth was not to their taste. And we all know how soon a man will contrive, against the strongest evidence, to reason himself out of the belief of what he dislikes. But a man cannot be brought to greater slavery than to be given up to his own lusts. As the Gentiles did not like to keep God in their knowledge, they committed crimes wholly against reason and their own welfare. The nature of man, whether pagan or Christian, is still the same; and the charges of the apostle apply more or less to the state and character of men at all times, till they are brought to full submission to the faith of Christ, and renewed by Divine power. There never yet was a man, who had not reason to lament his strong corruptions, and his secret dislike to the will of God. Therefore this chapter is a call to self-examination, the end of which should be, a deep conviction of sin, and of the necessity of deliverance from a state of condemnation.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#501727 Dec 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
call me whomever you wish...
Will "Preacher of the only truth in the universe" satisfy your "cravings???"

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501728 Dec 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Nick is Orthodox not Catholic and he has no desire to convert anyone.
The point is, no matter which religion to which he ad-HEARS, you only support him because he has the same belief as do you.

People are very fond of others who reflect their own opinions back to them.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501729 Dec 21, 2013
marge wrote:
Matthew Henry says it nicely;
You believe that, because he says it exactly as YOU would say it.

:)
truth

Caversham, Australia

#501730 Dec 21, 2013
decivers and posessors
it is written
what so ever you have on the end you can very easy lose

Why you worry everything go in fire look how vulcanic eruptions is strong
look water how flow away front of everything bring into destruction
look winds how they can be destructive
what is our life
compare toward huge and masive creations of Almighty
nothingggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggg
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501731 Dec 21, 2013
Humans in religions need justification for their reason to preach ... and so they claim that a creator has called them to spread the WORD.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From Mirror Self-Recognition to the Looking-Glass Self:
Exploring the Justification Hypothesis

The concept of the “self” has long been of interest to religious thinkers, philosophers, and scientists alike. Utilizing his Tree of Knowledge (ToK) System as a metatheoretical framework, Henriques (2003) develops the provocative thesis that the human ego is the mental
organ of justification. Merging key insights from seminal figures like B.F. Skinner and Sigmund Freud, Henriques constructs a narrative for the evolutionary processes that gave rise to a uniquely human self-consciousness system (Henriques, 2004) that functions to
allow humans to develop justifiable reasons for what they do.

http://www.cisat.jmu.edu/visionsconference/pd...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501732 Dec 21, 2013
From Mirror Self-Recognition to the Looking-Glass Self:
Exploring the Justification Hypothesis

To date, empirical studies have suggested
that most great apes appear to be capable of self-recognition but monkeys and lesser apes do not (Shaffer & Renner, 2000).

http://www.cisat.jmu.edu/visionsconference/pd ...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#501733 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, no matter which religion to which he ad-HEARS, you only support him because he has the same belief as do you.
People are very fond of others who reflect their own opinions back to them.
Not true....I support him for the man he is not the faith he believes in. Nick and I differ in a lot of our beliefs....I am "fond" of nick for his over all being not because we share the same faith.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#501734 Dec 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The
Apostles
Creed

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.
Amen. Old, jg, you are going to have a talk with Christ soon.you better change..
truth

Caversham, Australia

#501735 Dec 21, 2013
serve yourevil
drink your poison snake

Christ one day=1000 yers human years

decivers and evil posessors are not god

go far away from that evil corupt people
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501737 Dec 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Not true....I support him for the man he is not the faith he believes in. Nick and I differ in a lot of our beliefs....I am "fond" of nick for his over all being not because we share the same faith.
Does he belong to the same religion as do you???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#501738 Dec 21, 2013
Dear Father ..

We am for peace this,Chtistmas season..when we celebrate the birth of your Dear Son..

We pray for the odd health and healing of all on this forum..
NUCK..PRESTON LTM..MY FAMILY..And the families of everyone Here
That we may enjoy the Holidays,with family and friends ..

Keep.US,safe as we travel

In Jesus name..Amen..
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501740 Dec 21, 2013
People go to the bible and find the same scriptures that every other person in the bible reads. Yet SOME of the readers find somewhere or other in that jumble of words that "God" has specifically CALLED them to be preachers.

It's amazing how the human mind can con itself into the most ludicrous beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 22 seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web