Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 24,193)

Showing posts 483,841 - 483,860 of511,666
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
According to strict RCC doctrine, the Coptic Church is defective. Don't encourage the Coptics.
No matter, I love how some argue theologically against the Catholic Church by using the Catholic's own Holy Book as their resource. How far and how silly they can become when they insist on literal meanings.
Reason and logic would do the trick, but your tormentors are eons behind the Catholic Church there as well.
Have fun.
Pssst, I'm a Catholic. And there are Coptic Catholics in communion with Pope Francis. While true the CC views the Orthodox Coptics as defective because they are separated from the Bishop of Rome, we don't deny that they are true Churches in the sense of the word. They have the sacraments and a valid Eucharist.
Right now in Egypt, the Muslims don't distinguish Orthodox and Catholics. They are murdering equally. The Bishops of both Churches are more united than ever.
Yeah and it is ironic the born again movement is using our Holy Book against us. Its like Canada snatching the US constitution against us and then calling themselves Americans.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>UH? they went to hell, stoopid.
Yes, you poor thing....I was being sarcastic. I realize you're having trouble right now, but you do remember what sarcasm is, don't you? No? Well, that's all right. Marge understood which is why she didn't answer me. Now don't you go upsetting yourself and having another one of your hissy fits. It's not good for you, I'm sure. Time, perhaps, for one of your tranquilizers. So just settle down, take some deep breaths, and everything will be fine in a minute. There, there.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssst, I'm a Catholic. And there are Coptic Catholics in communion with Pope Francis. While true the CC views the Orthodox Coptics as defective because they are separated from the Bishop of Rome, we don't deny that they are true Churches in the sense of the word. They have the sacraments and a valid Eucharist.
Right now in Egypt, the Muslims don't distinguish Orthodox and Catholics. They are murdering equally. The Bishops of both Churches are more united than ever.
Yeah and it is ironic the born again movement is using our Holy Book against us. Its like Canada snatching the US constitution against us and then calling themselves Americans.
Our friend, Free Mind (aka Blessed MInd or BM) keeps making the same mistakes over and over again no matter how many times he's been corrected. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

esoranie wrote:
Roman Catholic church is not the true church. In fact, some of their doctrines are opposite to bible's doctrine. I believe on the bible not on them.---
How funny.

"All" of the words in the new testament were APPROVED by ONLY Roman Catholics. So when you read the bible you are reading the "opinions" of Roman Catholics.

The church fathers hated the Jews with a passion ... except for the Jews they wrote in their dogmas turned against Judaism to (in their wisdom) convert TO Catholicism.

I suggest that as time goes by ... the new testament will be perceived more and more as a book based on nothing but lies ... and most important of all ... it will be recognized as a book based on anti-Semitism.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssst, I'm a Catholic.
A Catholic ... who is "determined" to insist that you were taught the one and only truth on earth.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

When Hitler directed men to re-write the bibles, he wanted everything Jewish cut out of the new book.

I suggest he didn't realize that without the vilification of the Jews, his new book would have been without a purpose. The object, particularly of the new testament was compiled to vilify Judaism as a lie, in order to make Catholicism appear as the truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Jewish references erased in newly found Nazi Bible

An institute in Germany has unearthed a Nazi bible ordered by Adolf Hitler to replace the old and new testaments expunged of all references to Jews.

Hitler's race theorists even rewrote the 10 commandments and added two more for good measure in the book called &#146;German with God&#146; which was &#150; alongside Hitler&#146; s autobiography &#150; meant to be required reading in every home in his Third Reich.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-39947...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you believe that real wisdom planted its seed in your knowledgeable brain.
The roots you grow are anchored in vanity.
~~~
The seeds you are planting will reap eternal damnation..

Gal_6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

As time went by, the Christians created their dogmas opposite to anything connected with their history of Judaism. It was necessary in order to create a new story concerning TRUTH ... which of course implied in turn that Elohim ... the god of the Jews never knew any truth whatsoever, as he was simply a liar when he stated that the Jews were his chosen few."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

EARLY CHRISTIANS - 2nd Century

"The primitive Christians did keep the Sabbath of the Jews;...therefore the Christians, for a long time together, did keep their conventions upon the Sabbath, in which some portions of the law were read: and this continued till the time of the Laodicean council." "The Whole Works" of Jeremy Taylor, Vol. IX,p. 416 (R. Heber's Edition, Vol XII, p. 416).

http://www.remnantofgod.org/sabhist.htm#2

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

If Protestants desire to be psychics ... all they have to do, is pick up the new testament, and they can read the minds of those first Catholics.

However, they will have to use the original Catholic bible, and steer clear of the King James version, as it has been Protestant-eye(z)ed.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

I find it intriguing, that the Protestants vilify the Catholics as not knowing truth. Yet the Protestants that used the King James version OF the new testament, are SURE that they read nothing but the truth.

Silly, silly people.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Tell the blind-sighted "flocks" what they desire to hear ... and they will COME.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows.

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

ITS DOCTRINES ARE HOLY, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

READ IT AND BE WISE, believe it to be safe, and practise it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Even as a child I never believed that I could be holy, while others would be unholy.

For not buying into such blatant religious egoism ... I am well pleased and at peace with my choice.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you poor thing....I was being sarcastic. I realize you're having trouble right now, but you do remember what sarcasm is, don't you? No? Well, that's all right. Marge understood which is why she didn't answer me. Now don't you go upsetting yourself and having another one of your hissy fits. It's not good for you, I'm sure. Time, perhaps, for one of your tranquilizers. So just settle down, take some deep breaths, and everything will be fine in a minute. There, there.
Really ..Regina ..let's,make fun of someone
.infer mental problems ???? Just like one other of you does,...??

Noble ...classic

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Just suppose you had a son that you trusted and to whom you were very emotionally bonded ... and you found out that your son had become a serial killer.

Would you choose to believe that he was evil ... or would you want to find out what happened to make his world-view so skewed as to behave in such a vile manner???

I suggest that when such issues hit us "personally" ... ONLY then might we tend to be more willing to try to understand, rather than to jump to conclusions.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Noble ...classic
Do YOU believe that those who refuse to place faith in the idea that a creator exists ... have mental problems? Or do you believe they simply have a different point of view than do you?

My guess is, you won't answer this question, as from your perspective, you find it more appealing to preach that you know the one and only truth in the universe.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Noble ...classic
Excuse me, Rose, but you didn't read Anthony's posts yesterday, did you? Perhaps you should. I'm getting sick and tired of you jumping down selective throats around here. If you were serious, you wouldn't do that. Stop the game playing and stop the double standard. You're all far too obvious....and predictable.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
I find it intriguing, that the Protestants vilify the Catholics as not knowing truth. Yet the Protestants that used the King James version OF the new testament, are SURE that they read nothing but the truth.
Silly, silly people.
i find it intruguing how cyber bullies love to criticize other peoples beliefs but are always too cowardly to articulate any of their own.....
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Noble ...classic
Really ..Rose ..you're a "classic" hypocrite

Ignoble!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Really ..Rose ..you're a "classic" hypocrite
Ignoble!
A hypocrite,acts other than what they say they believe ..

Not infers,mental problems,or whatever other insults,.

I don't agree with a,lot I read here..FROM SEVERAL SOURCES ....

.But I TRY not to insult personally ...don't call names ..don't say awful.things I've Seen called here ..

Even when someone insults,Me ..personally ..

That does not make me,special...jus this,should NOT shoW our worst side to anyone reading ..when we call.ourselves Christians,IMO ..

LOOK I KNOW,we have deeply held beliefs,...great we should defend them. But you are an intelligent women ..is,insulting on s,personal bad is,the most intelligent or CHRISTISN way to go Here??
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

OldJG wrote:
You Romans are so foolish you make a idiot look like a genius. Salvation is not something you earned or maintained after you received it. Salvation is a gift you must receive.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't received salvation yet. You're still alive. Someone before you also had itching ears and fed people the wrong gospel.
I know you hate Romish Catholics with a passion. Do you also hate Coptic Catholics or Coptic Orthodox Christians?
Study how the church of Alexandria was founded (by Saint Mark 49 AD). You'll be horrified to learn that they believe in the real presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist upon the prayers of the validly ordained Priest. That's the word of God and its still protected to this day in spite of you bible scavenger hunters who look for new revelations daily.
You will pretend the Romans corrupted their thinking. Then we show you how Christians in Alexandria believed this before Constantine, and you plug your bigoted ears.
Your Bible is your god youngJG.
Meanwhile, the word of God is being held and preserved to this day in Egypt by the Coptic Orthodox and Catholic churches. They still partake in the Holy Mass and believe the Gospel just like St. Mark taught 2,000 yrs ago. They can demonstrate in historic writings, how each generation believed the same as they do til this day.
So what about it, Roman no way, Alexandrian maybe?
Hate? No, I do not hate Roman Catholics. Yes, I hate the lies the Roman Catholic church has created and called the lies the Gospel.

OldJG said, quote, "You Romans are so foolish you make a idiot look like a genius. Salvation is not something you earned or maintained after you received it. Salvation is a gift you must receive." End quote.

What part of my statement is incorrect according to the Bible. Not according to Roman Catholic theology.

Also, you have said on several occasions there are many other "Catholics" that are not Roman. Is this correct? If the other "Catholics" are not Roman why do they send money to Rome. Every capital "C" CATHOLIC is Roman to the bone. Why? Their "god" is the man with the funny hat you call the pope.

You have been shown over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again the lies of your Roman Catholic theology yet you remain deaf, dumb and blind. Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 483,841 - 483,860 of511,666
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 min Gee-Tee 7,632
Greek Orthodox prelates denounce Catholicism as... 10 hr Joseph Paskudnok 2
Anglican priest ordained to Catholic priesthood... Mon Highchurchman 5
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Apr 12 ELIAS IBARRA 17
Krakow prays to its saint John Paul II Apr 12 Clear Dharma 5
Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims Apr 10 Silent Crusader 4
Pope Presses Anti-AIDS Chastity Strategy in Africa Apr 8 Atheist Silurist 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••