Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688852 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#501681 Dec 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
Eternity will prove whom the liar is...
and you have been warned...
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
with out question THIS describes CATHOLICISM
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
YOUR OPINION OF ME IS INCONSEQUENTIAL...
I AM WHOM GOD SAYS I AM...and you carry no weight with Him....
And you have been warned.

Proverbs 8:5

O simple ones, learn prudence; O fools, learn sense

Psalm 101:7

No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.

Ephesians 4:18

They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart

Acts 17:30

The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent

THIS DESCRIBES CONFRINTING AND HIS FALSE, MALICIOUS AND IGNORANT MINISTRY.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#501682 Dec 21, 2013
I must to write "heavy" burden put upon it.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501683 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
"Anthony MN"]
JESUS SAID
Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mar_8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Luk_9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
IT IS QUITE EVIDENT THAT YOU ARE NOT A FOLLOWER OF JESUS...
2Ti_2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
YOUR POPE IS GRAVITATING INTO THE POSITION OF AN ANTICHRIST....
AND YOU ARE TOO.
AND EVIDENTLY (for you) THE POPES WORDS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE WORD OF GOD
BUT
WITH GOD IS HOLINESS OR HELL....EVIDENTLY YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE YOUR CHOICE...
THE BIBLE SAYS...
Mat_24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
THERE WILL BE ETERNITY WITH OUT END FOR YOU TO REMEMBER...
THIS WARNING...
confrInting

Anti-Christs abound. So its a good message to be on the alert for them.

Remember also

Matthew11:

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501684 Dec 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
You have faulty reasoning..
And according to YOU ... master preacher ... Catholics have been CLEARED by GOD to have the ONLY CLEAR reasoning in YOUR universe.

You pompous ASS.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501685 Dec 21, 2013
Preachers in all religions are pompous ASSES!

"I AM A HOLY SERVANT OF THE CREATOR ... AND I KNOW TRUTH ... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.........."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#501686 Dec 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 8:5
O simple ones, learn prudence; O fools, learn sense
Psalm 101:7
No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.
Ephesians 4:18
They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart
Acts 17:30
The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent
THIS DESCRIBES CONFRINTING AND HIS FALSE, MALICIOUS AND IGNORANT MINISTRY.
~~~~

I have posted/presented thousands of scriptures here in thei forum

YOU DEEM THEM TO BE ........" FALSE, MALICIOUS AND IGNORANT "

TELL ME..

.WHY DO YOU HATE GOD'S WORD SO MUCH....

YOU WILL RUE THE DAY THAT YOU HAVE COME TO YOUR ABOVE CONCLUSION..

HELL IS HOT...AND IT IS ETERNAL
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501687 Dec 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that a god wants others to be warned that if they won't follow your Catholicized doctrines, bad things will happen to them???

Preachers ought to wear clown-hats with big bulbous-noses to in turn match their personalities!

:)

#501688 Dec 21, 2013
Preachers in all religions are pompous ASSES!

you really should say such things or admit you low self esteem ...

since you are a preacher...a herald of atheism.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#501689 Dec 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Clay....share with us your supreme wisdom...
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church doesn't make stuff up.
The absence of any reference in the scriptures to the temporary place of punishment from which the soul will eventually be released into heaven prevents the acceptance of the doctrine of purgatory. Our works reflect on rewards in heaven, not to get us to heaven. Jesus bore all our sins (1 Pet. 2:24). There are no sins left for purgatory to cleanse because it was all done by Jesus on the cross. This is why Jesus said, "It is finished," (John 19:30). In Greek the term "it is finished" is "tetelestai." It was a term used in legal contexts to state that a debt had been paid in full. "Papyri receipts for taxes have been recovered with the word tetelestai written across them, meaning "paid in full." (Walvoord, John F., and Zuck, Roy B., The Bible Knowledge Commentary,(Wheaton, Illinois: Scripture Press Publications, Inc., 1983, 1985). Therefore, there is no need for purgatory.
Nevertheless, because the Protestants appeal so much to the Bible, the Catholics have sought to find the doctrine of Purgatory within its pages. One such verse is 1 Cor. 3:15.
"If any mans work is burned up, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as through fire."
As with any verse in the Bible, to fully understand it, we must look at it in its biblical context. Following is 1 Cor. 3:10-15
"According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building upon it. But let each man be careful how he builds upon it. 11For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man builds upon the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13each mans work will become evident; for the day will show it, because it is to be revealed with fire; and the fire itself will test the quality of each mans work. 14If any mans work which he has built upon it remains, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any mans work is burned up, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as through fire."
The context speaks of Paul having planted the Corinthian church and that another person was building upon that work: verse 6 says, "I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth." Paul goes on to say that unless a person builds upon the foundation of Jesus, his work will be burned up the in the day of judgment (v. 13). See also, 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 1:14; 1 Thess. 5:2).
Paul is simply using the terms that are familiar with the people of the time. Fire was the tool used to purify metals and to get rid of that which was unwanted, the dross. So too, on the day when our works are examined, the fire of judgment will both purify and remove. This will not affect our salvation, but it will affect our rewards. The theme of fire used as purification is also found in 2 Pet. 3:10-13. But this is not talking about becoming saved or staying saved.
1 Cor. 3:15 does not teach purgatory as a place we go to in order to have some of our sins cleansed from us. It teaches that even though the person is justified by faith and cannot face damnation, his works will, however, be judged on "that day." Those works which are good will survive the fires of judgment the way gold, silver, and precious stones can survive fire. But false works will be consumed the way fire consumes wood, hay, and straw. What is left has no bearing on whether or not we are saved. It has to do with rewards in heaven.
Paul goes on to say in 1 Cor. 4:5, "Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of mens' hearts; and then each man's praise will come to him from God."

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#501690 Dec 21, 2013
Final part,

Note also, 1 Pet. 1:6-7, "In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, 7that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

2 Pet. 3:10-13, "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. 11Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells."

Purgatory is a dangerous doctrine that makes the Cross of Christ insufficient by requiring the person to undergo suffering in order to be made worthy of being with God. This is a false teaching and is to be avoided. We are justified by faith (Rom. 5:1), not by faith and works (Rom. 3:28).
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#501691 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
I have posted/presented thousands of scriptures here in thei forum
YOU DEEM THEM TO BE ........" FALSE, MALICIOUS AND IGNORANT "
TELL ME..
.WHY DO YOU HATE GOD'S WORD SO MUCH....
YOU WILL RUE THE DAY THAT YOU HAVE COME TO YOUR ABOVE CONCLUSION..
HELL IS HOT...AND IT IS ETERNAL
I love God's Word, written by and properly taught by the Church founded by Christ.

You have presented thousands of scriptures and ADDED your own perverted opinions to them. I deem YOU to be false, malicious and ignorant.

Hell IS hot. And blowhards like you keep it hot.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#501692 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that a god wants others to be warned that if they won't follow your Catholicized doctrines, bad things will happen to them???
Preachers ought to wear clown-hats with big bulbous-noses to in turn match their personalities!
Those big floppy shoes add a nice touch...
;0)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#501693 Dec 21, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Final part,
Note also, 1 Pet. 1:6-7, "In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, 7that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
2 Pet. 3:10-13, "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. 11Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells."
Purgatory is a dangerous doctrine that makes the Cross of Christ insufficient by requiring the person to undergo suffering in order to be made worthy of being with God. This is a false teaching and is to be avoided. We are justified by faith (Rom. 5:1), not by faith and works (Rom. 3:28).
Umm, have you given any thought to addressing your statement about the Catholic Church having her priests tell us not to read scripture?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501694 Dec 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confrInting
Anti-Christs abound. So its a good message to be on the alert for them.
According to the Jews, there can BE no Catholic anti-Christ, because the real Messiah has not yet arrived ... even for the first.

Within the Abrahamic religion, that is the only theology that makes in sense ... because Catholics, Muslims and Christian all tried to steal the affections of the god of the Jews.

But you will preach your foolish nonsense, because it's a proven FACT that such BAD religious habits as preacher to know truth, are very difficult to break.

#501695 Dec 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I love God's Word, written by and properly taught by the Church founded by Christ.
You have presented thousands of scriptures and ADDED your own perverted opinions to them. I deem YOU to be false, malicious and ignorant.
Hell IS hot. And blowhards like you keep it hot.
If you love GOD'S WORD...why don't you live by it?

Actions speaks louder than words..

as for the Roman Catholics

Psa_5:9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.

(you claim Peter is your rock you deny GOD'S rightful POSITION)

Psa 78:35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

Psa 78:36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.

Psa 78:37 For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant.

Psa_78:36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501696 Dec 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Those big floppy shoes add a nice touch...
;0)
Your avoidance to respond to the content of what I write, makes it plain that you still have a strong desire IN you to PREACH that you know truth.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501697 Dec 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I love God's Word
You idolize your ability to PREACH!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501698 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
The creator (in his wisdom) deprived all others of your knowledge.

Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#501699 Dec 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't your pope make a statement in support of Phil Robertson? Could it be his "buddies" are sodomites? Just wondering.
What a childish, stupid remark.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#501700 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Actions speaks louder than words..
as for the Roman Catholics
Psa_5:9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.
(you claim Peter is your rock you deny GOD'S rightful POSITION)
Psa 78:35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.
Psa 78:36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.
Psa 78:37 For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant.
Psa_78:36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.
Liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web