Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675528 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#501271 Dec 19, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself. I'm seldom here anymore and that's one of the reasons. Every time I sign on, you're in a fight with someone, so it seems you're the one who loves the drama. Stop projecting.
The scroll bar is located on the right hand side of your screen. I often use it to go right past your posts. I highly recommend it.
And you were ok with it when I was teamed up with you attacking the Protestants weren't you....Nick and I are sorry we ruined the forum for you

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501272 Dec 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
it is very obvious ,,,,that
,Whom the Roman Catholics attempt to obey ..is.
.Their holy fathers
and according to the above scripture .....they Their holy fathers
are their gods...
THEY REJECT THE WORD OF GOD (THE BIBLE )AND TEACH THAT WHAT THEIR GOD'S
(THEIR HOLY FATHERS.)...have said
and give them PREEMINENCE OVER THE WORD OF GOD THE BIBLE....
confrInting

Peace

Nothing new under the sun here. Vanity of vanity (Eccl 1:2,9)

All denominations of Christianity bear the same effects of any organizing. Their leaders write up dogma and creeds, and interpret the Bible, and others follow, and pass on the lists, and they usually grow longer....

I sympathize with those trying to present God in a personal way, and to maintain a personal relationship above those that perpetuate interpretations and opinions.... I think that is why Christians can be found scattered amongst all the religious institutions.

Its always a good practice to clean up one's own yard before complaining about the neigbor's yard....

Peace

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#501273 Dec 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't received salvation yet. You're still alive. Someone before you also had itching ears and fed people the wrong gospel.
I know you hate Romish Catholics with a passion. Do you also hate Coptic Catholics or Coptic Orthodox Christians?
Study how the church of Alexandria was founded (by Saint Mark 49 AD). You'll be horrified to learn that they believe in the real presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist upon the prayers of the validly ordained Priest. That's the word of God and its still protected to this day in spite of you bible scavenger hunters who look for new revelations daily.
You will pretend the Romans corrupted their thinking. Then we show you how Christians in Alexandria believed this before Constantine, and you plug your bigoted ears.
Your Bible is your god youngJG.
Meanwhile, the word of God is being held and preserved to this day in Egypt by the Coptic Orthodox and Catholic churches. They still partake in the Holy Mass and believe the Gospel just like St. Mark taught 2,000 yrs ago. They can demonstrate in historic writings, how each generation believed the same as they do til this day.
So what about it, Roman no way, Alexandrian maybe?
Clay...the One of Great Wisdom

Please tell me the message in this verse says: 1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#501274 Dec 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your question? Every Catholic here has expressed faith in Christ and His promise of salvation. Are you supposed to be the "man that asketh"? You're motives are sinister, you have no charity, you're an ignorant bigot who wants to beat Catholics into submission to your perverted opinions of scripture because you falsely believe you have been "called".
~~~

i

HE QUESTION THAT WAS ASK YOU ..IS NOT MINE....

YOU EVIDENTLY DON'T BELIEVE YOU OWN TEACHINGS ...THAT Peter WAS THE FIRST POPE

YOU CALL HIS WORDS..PERVERTED...

YOU EVIDENTLY DO NOT BELIEVE IN PAPAL SUCCESSION...

SINCE THE WORDS OF PETER ARE SO VILE..AND MEAN NOTHING TO YOU

YOU EVIDENTLY DON'T BELIEVE ANY THING...

BUT FABLES...AND A MYTHS..WITH NO SUBSTANCE TO BASES THEM ON

Location hidden

#501275 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
THE IMPORTANT BUSINESS THAT i AM INVOLVED IN
IS FOR ETERNAL SOULS
WHOMEVER IS RIGHT
OR
WHOMEVER IS WRONG
CAN BE MEASURED ONLY BY THE ULTIMATE MEASURE OF ALL..RIGHTEOUSNESS.
AND THAT MEASURE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS ...
IS GOD'S WORD...
You say I am wrong ...I post what is right,,,
PRESENTING the final question
and that is...
WHO WILL BE LEFT UPON THE EARTH
TO GO through the tribulation)
WHEN JESUS has come and gone......
CONSIDER IT...!
confrInting

Peace

There are many righteous people walking on this earth, but there is only one Way, Truth, and Life.(John 14:16)

We all fail to measure up to the righteousness of Jesus, so he is the only Standard, and not our understanding or faith in scripture will suffice to achieve His Righteousness.

Though we may think we are on the same road, and following Him, it is easy to get side-tracked, and listen to ourselves, and others, believing we are following Him Alone. So it is best to not judge others by use of the scriptures, after all, the Pharisees, Sadducces, and scribes did that....

One of the interesting things is that they were all blinded by ambition, and failed to see the Truth before them....

Peace

Location hidden

#501276 Dec 19, 2013
Where are the catlicks!!!!!

Clay fell flat on his face on this one....anyone else want to try answering my questions????

Clay say:
The Vatican never said "Roman Catholic" only true Church. They said "Catholic Church". The title of this thread is misleading. Of course you know this already don't you. You demonstrate a willingness to lie and cheat daily, Oxbow.
There are 23 Catholic Churches of Christ throughout the world.(Ethiopian, Syrian, Coptic to name a few) Rome is the world wide headquarters because that's where Peter died while setting it up, but "Roman Catholic" is no more truer than the others.. That's why the Vatican would never single themselves out thereby insulting the other Churches who are also in communion with Pope Francis. Just like the Universal Churches 2,000 yrs ago were in communion with Peter, the Churches now are in communion with his successor, the Bishop of Rome.
-----
Mah response:
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

It do not say: And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my churches; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them.

So, the question remains...whom built the other churches......

News for roman catholic church
The Rev. John T. Carter
Baltimore Sun &#8206;- 1 day ago
The Rev. John T. Carter, a retired Roman Catholic Navy chaplain who later pastored several churches in Western Maryland, died Tuesday at ...
-----
Images for roman catholic church
- Report images
----
St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church | Carencro, LA | A Roman ...
sprcc.org/&#8206 ;

St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church | Carencro, LA · Home · Ministries & Apostolates · Prayers · About The Church · Forms · Sacraments · Faith Formation · Events ...

Roman Catholic Church - Spartacus Educational
www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk ›...› Religion and Society&#8206;
by John Simkin - in 135 Google+ circles

The Roman Catholic Church is part of the Christian Church ruled by the Bishop of Rome (the Pope). In the early Church the papacy exercised authority over all ...

Roman Catholic Church News - Topix

Why are all these people, according to Clay, lying and calling his "church" Roman Catholic Church????

English dictionary:Roman Catholic Church
The Christian church characterized by an episcopal hierarchy with the pope as its head and belief in seven sacraments and the authority of tradition.

Why is the dictionary lying about the RCC????!!!

Location hidden

#501277 Dec 19, 2013
Whaddaboutit Starc
StarC wrote:
"The Church Jesus established was known by its most common title, "the Catholic Church," at least as early as the year 107, when Ignatius of Antioch used that title to describe the one Church Jesus founded. The title apparently was old in Ignatius’s time, which means it probably went all the way back to the time of the apostles."

Here is truth you will not face.....

1. Tell me the definition of the Greek word from which "church" was translated from in Mt 16:18

2. What does your pope approved NABre say the term "church" means in that passage...

Location hidden

#501278 Dec 19, 2013
Clay....share with us your supreme wisdom...
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church doesn't make stuff up. You guys do. This is evident in the fact that you can not show anyone believing as you do prior to the 18th century.
Purgatory: "for no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw- each ones work will become manifest; FOR THE DAY WILL DISCLOSE IT, BECAUSE IT WILL BE REVEALED BY FIRE AND THE FIRE WILL TEST WHAT SORT OF WORK EACH ONE HAS DONE. IF THE WORK ANYONE HAS BUILT ON THE FOUNDATION SURVIVES, HE WILL RECEIVE AN AWARD. IF ANYONE'S WORK IS BURNED UP, HE WILL SUFFER LOSS, THOUGH HE HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED, BUT ONLY THROUGH THE FIRE"
1cor 3:10
---

Tell us why Christ is not sending a soul to purgatory....

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Location hidden

#501279 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Again you only express your opinion...of me
IS IT NOT BECAUSE THAT YOU HAVE NOT STUDIED THE WORD OF GOD
SO YOU CAN GIVE AN ANSWER TO DEFEND YOUR HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE
OR IS IT THAT YOU HAVE NO HOPE..
YOUR ALLEGED POPE WROTE
1Pe_3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and
be ready always to give an answer
to every man that asketh you a reason
of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
TO DATE YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN AN ANSWER ...
~~~
The above question was what I ask when I first posted here in this forum
that has been years...and to date no roman catholic has been able to answer it...
IF YOU CAN'T ANSWER IT'...
EVIDENTLY YOU HAVE NO HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE WITH CHRIST...
AND YOU ARE ETERNALLY LOST...
confrInting

Peace

....I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly.) John 10:10

The history since the Garden of Eden is that humanity has fallen, and is subject to the prince of the air(Satan) in this world. Each of us fall short of the glory of God, and need God's help, by His Mercy and Justice to make us acceptable in His sight. This is Only through Jesus Christ.

Accepting Jesus as personal Savior, in mind, heart and body, each of us is tempted, and come up against Satan, fallen angels, demons, physical limitations and errors in judgment in this world. But in singleminded devotion to Jesus Christ, we are able to withstand all temptation, and be more than conquerers. This will require personal sacrifice on our part, and especially me, as I am sorely tempted, and assaulted. But such is to be expected for those living the Beatitudes with blessedness given to them by God.

I keep on the path of repentance, and sometimes get a slap to wake me up. But I need it. And God who strikes, does heal. He is the Physician to my soul and body. The Shepherd and Teacher.

Amen.

Peace

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#501282 Dec 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
The more important issue then becomes one's personal relationship to Jesus Christ,
You, as did John Chrysostom, believe you can wrap a Jew around your Catholic pinky, and make the Jew do YOUR bidding.

How conspicuous you are in your anti-Semitic Catholic uniform.

Location hidden

#501283 Dec 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confrInting
Peace
....I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly.) John 10:10
The history since the Garden of Eden is that humanity has fallen, and is subject to the prince of the air(Satan) in this world. Each of us fall short of the glory of God, and need God's help, by His Mercy and Justice to make us acceptable in His sight. This is Only through Jesus Christ.
Accepting Jesus as personal Savior, in mind, heart and body, each of us is tempted, and come up against Satan, fallen angels, demons, physical limitations and errors in judgment in this world. But in singleminded devotion to Jesus Christ, we are able to withstand all temptation, and be more than conquerers. This will require personal sacrifice on our part, and especially me, as I am sorely tempted, and assaulted. But such is to be expected for those living the Beatitudes with blessedness given to them by God.
I keep on the path of repentance, and sometimes get a slap to wake me up. But I need it. And God who strikes, does heal. He is the Physician to my soul and body. The Shepherd and Teacher.
Amen.
Peace
I clearly remember my joy after being born again....satan would never again tempt me.

I was dead wrong!!!!! His attacks intensified......he hated to lose me...I was one of his favorite sinners!!!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#501284 Dec 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> LOL....its not nice to lie
Then why you claim that a Jewish Rabbi lived who "willingly" converted to Christianity.

Quesnel, Canada

#501285 Dec 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<Nothing new under the sun here. Vanity of vanity
Were you as vain when you were faithful to Protestantism as you are now when you are once again faithful to Catholicism?

Quesnel, Canada

#501286 Dec 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confrInting
Peace
There are many righteous people walking on this earth,
According to your DIVINE assessment ... was your idol, Catholic SAINT John Chrysostom, the rabid Jew-hater, one of them???

Quesnel, Canada

#501287 Dec 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
....I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly
The Jews that were slaughtered for many centuries didn't have life because of your church-fathers belief in the mythical Jesus ... who they claimed hated Judaism AND the Jews.

You don't CARE ... DO you, you heartless fool???

All you care about is your imaginary salvation.

You HAVE no sense of shame whatsoever. NONE!!!

If there IS real justice anywhere in the universe ... maybe you WILL receive your just reward, but I hope it's not as vile as what the Catholics put on the Jews.

Quesnel, Canada

#501288 Dec 19, 2013
You can always TELL who was a Catholic church-father. They hated the Jews with a passion ... just as they insinuated that Jesus hated the Jews and everything even the slightest bit concerned with Judaism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Origen of Alexandria (185-254 A.D.)– A ecclesiastical writer and teacher who contributed to the early formation of Christian doctrines.

We may thus assert in utter confidence that the Jews will not return to their earlier situation, for they have committed the most abominable of crimes, in forming this conspiracy against the Savior of the human race

Quesnel, Canada

#501289 Dec 19, 2013
Wacky theology

Poor Poor Jesus ... The Jews crucified him for betraying them and their Jewish religion. Jesus received his just reward. And because he so willingly converted to Catholicism, he now has to spend eternity with the Catholics. And I suggest it serves him right.

Give Jesus a constant dose of all those anti-Semitic church fathers and see how HE likes that treatment for eternity.

Quesnel, Canada

#501290 Dec 19, 2013
John Chrysostom had a golden mouth to the Catholic church-fathers ... but I suggest from the opinions of the faithful Jews to Judaism, he was a MONSTER in god-garb.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

John Chrysostom (344-407 A.D.)– One of the "greatest" of church fathers; known as "The Golden Mouthed." A missionary preacher famous for his sermons and addresses.

The synagogue is worse than a brothel…it is the den of scoundrels and the repair of wild beasts…the temple of demons devoted to idolatrous cults…the refuge of brigands and dabauchees, and the cavern of devils. It is a criminal assembly of Jews…a place of meeting for the assassins of Christ… a house worse than a drinking shop…a den of thieves, a house of ill fame, a dwelling of iniquity, the refuge of devils, a gulf and a abyss of perdition."…"I would say the same things about their souls… As for me, I hate the synagogue…I hate the Jews for the same reason.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#501291 Dec 19, 2013
Joy To The World Lyrics

Joy to the world! The Lord is come
Let earth receive her King!
Let every heart prepare Him room
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven, and heaven and nature sing

Joy to the world! the Savior reigns
Let men their songs employ
While fields and floods
Rocks, hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat, repeat the sound in joy

No more let sin and sorrow grow
Nor thorns infest the ground
He comes to make
His blessings flow
Far as the curse is found
Far as the curse is found
Far as, far as the curse is found

He rules the world with truth and grace
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness
And wonders of his love
And wonders of his love
And wonders and wonders of his love

Quesnel, Canada

#501292 Dec 19, 2013
If it's true that we ARE the company we keep ... had Jesus lived, he would have been a vile Jew-hater, as were the church-fathers.

He could not have been in their company and professed to love the Jews. It couldn't have occurred, as without question ... the Catholics would have killed Jesus, just as they killed the other Jews.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Mr Sir 10,518
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web