Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703574 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#501283 Dec 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confrInting
Peace
....I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly.) John 10:10
The history since the Garden of Eden is that humanity has fallen, and is subject to the prince of the air(Satan) in this world. Each of us fall short of the glory of God, and need God's help, by His Mercy and Justice to make us acceptable in His sight. This is Only through Jesus Christ.
Accepting Jesus as personal Savior, in mind, heart and body, each of us is tempted, and come up against Satan, fallen angels, demons, physical limitations and errors in judgment in this world. But in singleminded devotion to Jesus Christ, we are able to withstand all temptation, and be more than conquerers. This will require personal sacrifice on our part, and especially me, as I am sorely tempted, and assaulted. But such is to be expected for those living the Beatitudes with blessedness given to them by God.
I keep on the path of repentance, and sometimes get a slap to wake me up. But I need it. And God who strikes, does heal. He is the Physician to my soul and body. The Shepherd and Teacher.
Amen.
Peace
I clearly remember my joy after being born again....satan would never again tempt me.

I was dead wrong!!!!! His attacks intensified......he hated to lose me...I was one of his favorite sinners!!!!!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#501284 Dec 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> LOL....its not nice to lie
Then why you claim that a Jewish Rabbi lived who "willingly" converted to Christianity.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501285 Dec 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<Nothing new under the sun here. Vanity of vanity
Were you as vain when you were faithful to Protestantism as you are now when you are once again faithful to Catholicism?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501286 Dec 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confrInting
Peace
There are many righteous people walking on this earth,
According to your DIVINE assessment ... was your idol, Catholic SAINT John Chrysostom, the rabid Jew-hater, one of them???
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501287 Dec 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
....I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly
The Jews that were slaughtered for many centuries didn't have life because of your church-fathers belief in the mythical Jesus ... who they claimed hated Judaism AND the Jews.

You don't CARE ... DO you, you heartless fool???

All you care about is your imaginary salvation.

You HAVE no sense of shame whatsoever. NONE!!!

If there IS real justice anywhere in the universe ... maybe you WILL receive your just reward, but I hope it's not as vile as what the Catholics put on the Jews.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501288 Dec 19, 2013
You can always TELL who was a Catholic church-father. They hated the Jews with a passion ... just as they insinuated that Jesus hated the Jews and everything even the slightest bit concerned with Judaism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Origen of Alexandria (185-254 A.D.)– A ecclesiastical writer and teacher who contributed to the early formation of Christian doctrines.

We may thus assert in utter confidence that the Jews will not return to their earlier situation, for they have committed the most abominable of crimes, in forming this conspiracy against the Savior of the human race
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501289 Dec 19, 2013
Wacky theology

Poor Poor Jesus ... The Jews crucified him for betraying them and their Jewish religion. Jesus received his just reward. And because he so willingly converted to Catholicism, he now has to spend eternity with the Catholics. And I suggest it serves him right.

Give Jesus a constant dose of all those anti-Semitic church fathers and see how HE likes that treatment for eternity.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501290 Dec 19, 2013
John Chrysostom had a golden mouth to the Catholic church-fathers ... but I suggest from the opinions of the faithful Jews to Judaism, he was a MONSTER in god-garb.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

John Chrysostom (344-407 A.D.)– One of the "greatest" of church fathers; known as "The Golden Mouthed." A missionary preacher famous for his sermons and addresses.

The synagogue is worse than a brothel…it is the den of scoundrels and the repair of wild beasts…the temple of demons devoted to idolatrous cults…the refuge of brigands and dabauchees, and the cavern of devils. It is a criminal assembly of Jews…a place of meeting for the assassins of Christ… a house worse than a drinking shop…a den of thieves, a house of ill fame, a dwelling of iniquity, the refuge of devils, a gulf and a abyss of perdition."…"I would say the same things about their souls… As for me, I hate the synagogue…I hate the Jews for the same reason.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#501291 Dec 19, 2013
Joy To The World Lyrics

Joy to the world! The Lord is come
Let earth receive her King!
Let every heart prepare Him room
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven, and heaven and nature sing

Joy to the world! the Savior reigns
Let men their songs employ
While fields and floods
Rocks, hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat, repeat the sound in joy

No more let sin and sorrow grow
Nor thorns infest the ground
He comes to make
His blessings flow
Far as the curse is found
Far as the curse is found
Far as, far as the curse is found

He rules the world with truth and grace
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness
And wonders of his love
And wonders of his love
And wonders and wonders of his love
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501292 Dec 19, 2013
If it's true that we ARE the company we keep ... had Jesus lived, he would have been a vile Jew-hater, as were the church-fathers.

He could not have been in their company and professed to love the Jews. It couldn't have occurred, as without question ... the Catholics would have killed Jesus, just as they killed the other Jews.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501293 Dec 19, 2013
The church-fathers ALL claimed to worship Jesus and his anti-Semitic words ... but ONLY if he saved Catholics and stayed away from those "filthy" Jews.

They wanted the faithful Jews to die to Judaism and live for Catholicism ... PERIOD!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

St. Augustine (c. 354-430 A.D.), Confessions, 12.14

How hateful to me are the enemies of your Scripture! How I wish that you would slay them (the Jews) with your two-edged sword, so that there should be none to oppose your word! Gladly would I have them die to themselves and live to you!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501295 Dec 19, 2013
So much for "freedom of religion" ... HUH???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Turks and other heathen do not tolerate what we Christians endure from these venomous serpents and young devils...next to the devil, a Christian has no more bitter and galling foe than a Jew.

Martin Luther
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501296 Dec 19, 2013
The Jews simply wanted to rule the world with their one-god dogmatic religion, as did the Catholics ... and that is why they hated each other ... while both sides preached that they knew the meaning of LOVE!

Stupid power-hungry FOOLS!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501297 Dec 19, 2013
Now you know full well that if Jesus had lived, in order to hang around with those with the mindset of the early church-fathers, such as Catholic Saint John the Baptist ... Jesus would not have been ABLE to preach love of the Jews that were faithful to Judaism.

As a Catholic OR a Protestant ... you KNOW that is true ... so ... are you still proud of your Christian heritage???
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501298 Dec 19, 2013
Perhaps, one of the merciful Saints among us Christians may think I am behaving too crude and disdainfully against the poor, miserable Jews in that I deal with them so sarcastically and insulting. But, good God, I am much too mild in insulting such devils…

Martin Luther
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501299 Dec 19, 2013
John Calvin

A Response To Questions and Objections of a Certain Jew

Their [the Jews] rotten and unbending stiffneckedness deserves that they be oppressed unendingly and without measure or end and that they die in their misery without the pity of anyone.

Excerpt from "Ad Quaelstiones et Objecta Juaei Cuiusdam Responsio," by John Calvin; The Jew in Christian Theology, Gerhard Falk, McFarland and Company, Inc., Jefferson, NC and London, 1931.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501300 Dec 19, 2013
Returning to Germany, we find Martin Luther in his early days naively imagining that the Jews, to whom
he was attracted by his studies, would flock to the Church in his reformed version. When nothing of the
sort happened he denounced them in a set of pamphlets written in vituperative fury. He had produced
the early, favorable “That Christ Was Born a Jew” in 1523 but after he turned on this so-called “damned,
rejected race,” he wrote Against the Sabbatarians (1538) and On the Jews and Their Lies (1543). Luther
learned nothing new or true about the Jewish people but reverted to the popular scapegoating in which he
had been reared.

http://www.ccel.org/node/4429/13574
Liam

Melrose Park, IL

#501301 Dec 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Now you know full well that if Jesus had lived, in order to hang around with those with the mindset of the early church-fathers, such as Catholic Saint John the Baptist ... Jesus would not have been ABLE to preach love of the Jews that were faithful to Judaism.
As a Catholic OR a Protestant ... you KNOW that is true ... so ... are you still proud of your Christian heritage???
Absolutely I'm proud of my heritage. I would rather die than to deny my Catholic faith.(and I'll probably have to one day)

As far as your odd advocacy on behalf of Judaism is concerned, you do not know what the heck you're talkin about. But its cute none the less.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501302 Dec 19, 2013
No doubt the Jews brutalized the early Christians for claiming that a savior came to earth to vilify Jews and in turn save ONLY Catholics.

What could the Christians expect in return for such a HORRIBLE insult against Judaism and the Jews that placed extremely high value on their own religion???

What a shame that humans are SO Stupid!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501304 Dec 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely I'm proud of my heritage. I would rather die than to deny my Catholic faith.
Case in point of what religion does to mentalities!

You're PROUD of your blood-soaked, brutal heritage!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1