Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596033 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#500618 Dec 17, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The AUSCP as are the many others that have sprung up in the past 3 years. The ACP in Ireland, Wales, Australia, England are reform groups of catholic priests expressing their views of the direction of the catholic church. One issue is, they want reform in the Papal office. They also support and standbye the more than 40,000 nuns in america who are under investigation by the Vatican.
http://www.praytellblog.com/index.php/2013/03...
These roman catholic priest REFORM groups have caught on very quickly. Time will tell how many more countries will adapt to their causes and concerns.
I thought you protestants thought reform was a wonderful thing. You all are constantly doing it.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#500619 Dec 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalm 75.7
It is God alone who judges; he decides who will rise and who will fall.
To suggest that you don't know if you are saved, shows DOUBT, and doubt will result in rejection by the supposed God ... so doubt is a NO-NO!!!

You must be certain that the god believes you are the stuff of salvation ... period! That is how the theologians caught you in their web of lies. And that is what still holds you in their web of lies.

:)
YTube

Marietta, GA

#500620 Dec 17, 2013

The Day the Lord showed me ANTICHRIST -------

http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI

Terrace, Canada

#500621 Dec 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are using a Roman political division, NOT a Jewish/Isreali one.
Galillee IS part of Samaria AKA Israel AKA Northern Kingdom. It is NOT part of Judea AKA Southern Kingdom.
Do you believe that the Hindus and Muslims will be rejected by the creator for not believing as you believe???

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#500622 Dec 17, 2013
Map of the Kingdoms of Israel:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#500623 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> You do hate the Church or you would not post like you do. Sera is not all there, and its not slander, its my own oppinion. deal with it. The Church has not changed, where do you get your lies from? Vatican II was about communicating to the the masses, not changing doctrine. or anything else. You left the Church because you wanted to be on the pill, you said so yourself. The pill is an aboertifacient and nothing will change that either. You need to keep your hatred in check because of Advent. I don't think ypu understand even what Advent is. I am not going to hack into anything, what are you posting about, hacking is wrong and saying i do that is slanderous anf libalous. You just may hear from my lawyer.
NUMBER ONE ..I NEVER said WHY I LEFT THE CHURCH EVER ..ever ...

TWO...I said,changed posts, putting Seras name in yours,..as every one saw,
And commented on by several

They pulled the original dirty post and the one where you put Seras,name on your OWN words,..so they have a,record of both ..oh and the one inferring she was KESS than a good
Christian woman in how she,made her living ...

I never said,hacking ..I said,specifically I DO NOT CHANGE POSTS,...nor called people names.

Those kinds,of posts,are against TOS ''

Terrace, Canada

#500624 Dec 17, 2013
I suggest that all devout Christians are certain that Jesus sees "truth" the same way as does each devout believer.

It can't BE any other way. If they thought that Jesus disagreed with them, they would have to conclude that they were wrong. And that would mean that their religion let them down.

It's as simple as that.

Each and every Christian ... "Jesus lives, and he thinks exactly as I think."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#500625 Dec 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are using a Roman political division, NOT a Jewish/Isreali one.
Galillee IS part of Samaria AKA Israel AKA Northern Kingdom. It is NOT part of Judea AKA Southern Kingdom.
The,Galileans,were JEWISH ..Samaria,May hAve been in the North..But Galilieans,worshipped and went to tHE Temple ....in Jerusalem.....AS DID JESUS,and His,family ..JEWISH .

the Samaritans,worshipped at their mountain..Not the TEMPLE..as is,stated in the parable ..where Jesus talks,to the woman ...at the well....

Terrace, Canada

#500626 Dec 17, 2013
YTube wrote:
The Day the Lord showed me ANTICHRIST -------
http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI
Con-gratulations. You have successfully con-vinced your self that you are definitely aligned to Jesus' will and will be accepted into Christian heaven.

Is there anything else you DESIRE to believe to seal the deal ... in your own mentality???
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#500627 Dec 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible supplies no evidence that Peter ever reached Rome; rather the contrary.
Some quotes from prominent protestant historians,

"It seems certain that Peter spent his closing years in Rome. Although the NT appears silent about such a stay, it is supported by 1 Peter 5:13, where 'BABYLON' is a code-name for ROME, and by the strong case for linking the Gospel of Mark, who as Peter's companion (1 Pet 5:13) is said to have derived its substance from him, with Rome. To early writers like Clement of Rome (c. 95), Ignatius of Antioch (c. 107), and Irenaeus (c. 180) it was common knowledge that he worked and died in Rome."

"The First Epistle of Peter has been the fundamental text for the contention that Peter was in Rome. Its closing salutation,'The church that is in Babylon....saluteth you'(1 Peter v,13), refers UNDOUBTEDLY to Rome. Babylon was then in ruins, and there was no tradition for five centuries that Peter had been there, whereas the tradition connecting him with Rome is one of the STRONGEST in the Church. Babylon is used for Rome in the Sibylline Oracles and in Revelation (14:8; 16:19; 17:5; 18:2,10).....

"Upon the whole, there seems nothing improbable in the tradition and the belief of Catholic writers in St. Peter's early labors in Rome. His martyrdom there, at a later period, is vouched for by a fairly continuous line of references in the documents from Clement on."

"In 5:13 the writer sends greetings from 'she who is in Babylon, chosen together with you'. This seems like a reference to the local church in Babylon, but it is unlikely that Peter would have gone to the former capital of Nebuchadnezzar's empire.

"By Peter's time it was a sparsely inhabited ruin (fulfilling Isaiah 14:23). In Rev 16:19 and 17:5 'Babylon' is used as a cryptic name for Rome, and Col 4:10 and Phm 24 (most likely written in Rome) show that Mark was there with Paul. In 2 Tim 4:11 Mark is in Asia Minor, and Paul sends for him to come, most probably to Rome."

"The fact that neither Peter nor Paul mentions the other in the list of those sending greetings from Rome merely suggests that they were not together at the time of writing their letters. All this points to the theory that Peter was writing from Rome, which is supported by the evidence of Tertullian (praescrip haeret, 36) and Eusebius (Eccl History, 2.25.8; 2.15.2 and 3.1.2-3)."

"...to deny the Roman stay of Peter is an error which today is clear to every scholar who is not blind. The martyr death of Peter at Rome was once contested by reason of Protestant prejudice."

"That Peter as well as Paul was put to death at Rome under Nero is the UNANIMOUS testimony of Christian tradition so far as it touches this subject."

"That Peter and Paul were the most eminent of many Christians who suffered martyrdom in Rome under Nero is CERTAIN; that they were claimed as co-founders of the Roman church and that this, together with their martyrdom there, conferred great religious (as distinct from political) prestige on that church, is likewise CERTAIN...."

"ALL the early sources...clearly suggest to us, namely, that Peter sojourned in Rome and died a martyr there. Any other hypothesis regarding Peter's death piles difficulty upon difficulty, and cannot be supported by a single document."

"[It is] quite certain that he [Peter] died there [Rome] a martyr's death in the persecution under Nero (about A.D. 65)."

Terrace, Canada

#500628 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The,Galileans,were JEWISH ..Samaria,May hAve been in the North..But Galilieans,worshipped and went to tHE Temple ....in Jerusalem.....AS DID JESUS,and His,family ..JEWISH .
the Samaritans,worshipped at their mountain..Not the TEMPLE..as is,stated in the parable ..where Jesus talks,to the woman ...at the well....
Have you convinced your SELF that Jesus believes what YOU believe???

If you HAVE, you are one among millions who on a daily basis CHOOSE to follow the same emotional HABITS.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#500629 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> You do hate the Church or you would not post like you do. Sera is not all there, and its not slander, its my own oppinion. deal with it. The Church has not changed, where do you get your lies from? Vatican II was about communicating to the the masses, not changing doctrine. or anything else. You left the Church because you wanted to be on the pill, you said so yourself. The pill is an aboertifacient and nothing will change that either. You need to keep your hatred in check because of Advent. I don't think ypu understand even what Advent is. I am not going to hack into anything, what are you posting about, hacking is wrong and saying i do that is slanderous anf libalous. You just may hear from my lawyer.
Once more,AGAIN NICELY AS,I TRIED ..it's, The,Christmas,season..

Libel and,slander are,UNTRUE,..Statements.....by definition....
Please,let's,all play nice at least until after HIS,BIRTHDAY ..no more dirty talk ..etc

We,FORGIVE Each others,trespasses,...as,we ask.to be forgiven.....let's,pray for that and make nice or at least ignore,each other ...

Have a,blessed Christmas ..You and your family ..let's,Praise the,LORD who deigned to come to earth to save us,..Let Jesus,bring HIS,peace to this,forum. In His,By name,we ask you FATHER ..cleanse a enmity from us,

AMEN

Terrace, Canada

#500630 Dec 17, 2013
Pope Leo the X was convinced that Jesus thought the same way he thought.

Martin Luther was convinced that Jesus thought the way he thought ... both times ... the time when he was a Catholic monk ... and later when he was a Protestant.

AHHHH ... the games people play with their own mentalities is something of which to be aware.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500631 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
NUMBER ONE ..I NEVER said WHY I LEFT THE CHURCH EVER ..ever ...
TWO...I said,changed posts, putting Seras name in yours,..as every one saw,
And commented on by several
They pulled the original dirty post and the one where you put Seras,name on your OWN words,..so they have a,record of both ..oh and the one inferring she was KESS than a good
Christian woman in how she,made her living ...
I never said,hacking ..I said,specifically I DO NOT CHANGE POSTS,...nor called people names.
Those kinds,of posts,are against TOS ''
I remember in the abortion forum , you and foo conversed about something, about how to change posts and what people posted without them knowing, then you actually did. Foo toaght you many things didn't she. you have a little crush on her, and I am not theonly poster to say that. She knew it too and played you like a violin. You gave big hints why you left, something to do with thepill and how you disagreed and how you believe young teenagers should have access to birth control. Now, I can't see a good Christian no matter what faith, believe in doing that. Christian women would stress abstinence, even the ones who had children without being married. If they pulled any post it would because you had more than one complaint. My post in no way was dirty. I guess you have an agenda, and I think topix knows about it. So you may need to keep your nose clean, right? Too much complaining will get you banned, ask chicky. You have nothing to do in your life , and you want to control, like others control you. I suggest you get a hobbey. And yes you said hack. You need to watch your posts and proof read them if you didn't mean to say hack, but you post def said hack.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#500632 Dec 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, they didn't have any problem finding Paul, did they? and if he was the first Pastor, they could have found him preaching his sermons on Sunday. strawmans argument with no merit.
Peter was Chosen by God to be an Apostle, the Highest office for any man, it would be a tragic stepdown if he assumed the leadership of your church. In fact, God would have disowned him.
naming a building after him is not proof of anything. look at the Lincoln Memorial, Abe isn't buried there, so your point is misleading.
the claim of Apostolic Sucession is debunked for one reason, the office of an Apostle is NOT handed down by man to a man. that person is chosen by God, and only those who have seen the Resurrected Christ can claim that office, It aint for sale, you cant earn it, you receive it by being Chosen by God, no other way.
Peter(the Apostle to the Jewish people) said he was writing from Babylon and every historian knows that the jewish people were still congregating in that area, and were up until the formation of the Renewed state of Israel when many of them were forced out of their homes.
So Revelation is referring to the city located in present day Iraq?
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500633 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please,let's,all play nice at least until after HIS,BIRTHDAY ..no more dirty talk ..etc
We,FORGIVE Each others,trespasses,...as,we ask.to be forgiven.....let's,pray for that and make nice or at least ignore,each other ...
Have a,blessed Christmas ..You and your family ..let's,Praise the,LORD who deigned to come to earth to save us,..Let Jesus,bring HIS,peace to this,forum. In His,By name,we ask you FATHER ..cleanse a enmity from us,
AMEN
dirty talk? What the.... Why not tell your friend foo and others that? You never did, therefore you must be a hypocrite

Terrace, Canada

#500634 Dec 17, 2013
Back when I was under the spell of religion, I used to listen to preachers, and I would think that if Jesus existed, surely he couldn't BE so easily LEAD as all those preachers indicated was true.

If you don't agree with me, that means you still believe that YOU can lead Jesus around by his mentality, to in turn suit your own mentality.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#500635 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
````

YOU FOUND YOUR AVATAR IN THE BIBLE ...RIGHT

In

Luk_15:16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the

-->husks <-- that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

HUSK, v.t. To strip off the external integument or covering of the fruits or seeds of plants; as, to husk maiz.

your attitude fits the definition...of your avatar....

You are continually attempting to strip those that strive to bear fruit...

Terrace, Canada

#500636 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise the,LORD who deigned to come to earth to save us
Have you convinced your SELF that Jesus believes exactly what YOU believe???
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500637 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN
that's really funny. Do you actually know what libel is? what about slndeer? I don't even know who you are. go find a hobbie, Go look up what slander and libel is. You said I hacked, that is slander and libel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr Mr Sir 9,528
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web