Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699658 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#500789 Dec 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. St. Peter had already laid the foundation of the Church in Rome.
WHILE YOU WORSHIP YOUR INVENTED GOD YOU CALL ST PETER

WE TRUE CHRISTIANS WORSHIP..

Rev_13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

AND ONE DAY SOON YOU KNEE WILL BOW TO

Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child/JESUS is born, unto us a GOD'Sson is given: and

the government shall be/IS upon his shoulder: and his name shall be/IS called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and

to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CULT HAS NOTHING IN HIM.

JESUS SAID OF YOUR POPE

Joh_14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you:

for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

YOUR SAINT THAT YOU WORSHIP IS NOT A DESCENDENT OF DAVID...

ABD HE NEVER WAS GIVEN A KINGDOM...MUST LESS ONE THAT IS ETERNA;

Location hidden

#500790 Dec 17, 2013
Was Peter the first pope?

The answer, according to Scripture, is a clear and emphatic “no.” Peter nowhere claims supremacy over the other apostles. Nowhere in his writings (1 and 2 Peter) did the Apostle Peter claim any special role, authority, or power over the church.

Nowhere in Scripture does Peter, or any other apostle, state that their apostolic authority would be passed on to successors. Yes, the Apostle Peter had a leadership role among the disciples. Yes, Peter played a crucial role in the early spread of the gospel (Acts chapters 1-10). Yes, Peter was the “rock” that Christ predicted he would be (Matthew 16:18). However, these truths about Peter in no way give support to the concept that Peter was the first pope, or that he was the “supreme leader” over the apostles, or that his authority would be passed on to the bishops of Rome. Peter himself points us all to the true Shepherd and Overseer of the church, the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:25).

And none of the churches referred to, by Christ, in Rev were referred to as "Catholic"..nor as "catholic". Further proof from Scripture that Peter, nor any other, were popes of the Catholic/catholic....it was not in existence until the Emperor stepped in...circa 375!!!!!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#500791 Dec 17, 2013
According to Christians, Jesus is their servant. He's everywhere they need him to be, and he always agrees with whatever they believe.

If they believe others are going to be rejected by Jehovah, Jesus agrees. If they believe they are going to be saved, Jesus agrees.

You just can't wish for a more cooperative "spirit."

He's the most compliant invisible Jew in the history of the world.

Location hidden

#500792 Dec 17, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretending.
But Christians are used to doing that.
You need help on the art of saving face......you look really bad with your foot in your mouth!!!!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#500793 Dec 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
WE TRUE CHRISTIANS WORSHIP..
Do you believe that you are a perfected Jew ... or a perfected Protestant.

Rumor has it that Jesus wants to know your true identity.

:)
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#500794 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
According to Christians, Jesus is their servant. He's everywhere they need him to be, and he always agrees with whatever they believe.
If they believe others are going to be rejected by Jehovah, Jesus agrees. If they believe they are going to be saved, Jesus agrees.
You just can't wish for a more cooperative "spirit."
He's the most compliant invisible Jew in the history of the world.
Well June.

Tis' the season for compromise!
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500796 Dec 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>are you referring to the Jewish catacombs or those under the coliseum? be specific, can you?
loaded question, so know what you are talking about. I may be like you as far as spaling, but that is it.
You mean spelling? Not spalling. These are Christian Catecombs. Do you know how to google? Look up the Priscilla Catecombs.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#500797 Dec 17, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretending.
But Christians are used to doing that.
I've been meaning to ask you...are you Smokey's daddy?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#500798 Dec 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You need help on the art of saving face......you look really bad with your foot in your mouth!!!!
You're pretending again, fool.

Unless, of course, you can back up your claim.

I'll wait.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#500799 Dec 17, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been meaning to ask you...are you Smokey's daddy?
He calls me that because he grew up with my son, who called me dad.

I'm not sure how "daddy" came into the picture.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#500800 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You mean spelling? Not spalling. These are Christian Catecombs. Do you know how to google? Look up the Priscilla Catecombs.
but Peter was a Jew and if he had died in Roma, he would have been buried in a Jewish catacomb, not a Gentile burial site. told you this was a loaded question.

the Names of the jewish people buried in the Jewish catacombs do NOT have the name of Peter aka Simon bar Jona.

but you didn't know that did you? LOL
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500801 Dec 17, 2013
The Priscilla Catecombs hold the first picture(fresco) of the Madonna and Child..
The area is often called the ‘Queen of the catacombs’ because it features burial chambers of popes and a tiny, delicate fresco of the Madonna nursing Jesus dating from around 230 to 240 AD - the earliest known image of the Madonna and Child.
Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi, the Vatican's culture minister, opened the ‘Cubicle of Lazzaro’ which is a tiny burial chamber featuring 4th century images of biblical scenes, the Apostles Peter and Paul, and one of the early Romans buried there in bunk-bed-like stacks as was common in antiquity.

Location hidden

#500802 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
The Priscilla Catecombs hold the first picture(fresco) of the Madonna and Child..
The area is often called the ‘Queen of the catacombs’ because it features burial chambers of popes and a tiny, delicate fresco of the Madonna nursing Jesus dating from around 230 to 240 AD - the earliest known image of the Madonna and Child.
Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi, the Vatican's culture minister, opened the ‘Cubicle of Lazzaro’ which is a tiny burial chamber featuring 4th century images of biblical scenes, the Apostles Peter and Paul, and one of the early Romans buried there in bunk-bed-like stacks as was common in antiquity.
pictures don't prove anything and we would have no way of knowing for certain when they were painted on there., nor do I care. I don't venerate burial sites.

My God is the God of the living, not the dead.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#500803 Dec 17, 2013
http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/sola-scrip...

I love this link. It will help our Roman Catholic friends.

Location hidden

#500804 Dec 17, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretending again, fool.
Unless, of course, you can back up your claim.
I'll wait.
he cant, of course.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500805 Dec 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text> but Peter was a Jew and if he had died in Roma, he would have been buried in a Jewish catacomb, not a Gentile burial site. told you this was a loaded question.
the Names of the jewish people buried in the Jewish catacombs do NOT have the name of Peter aka Simon bar Jona.
but you didn't know that did you? LOL
Did you read the bible? Peter was a Jew originally named SIMON. Christ gave Simon the name Peter.. Christ named Peter , which means rock, Matthew 16;18. A person following Christ is called a Christian. Saint Peter was a Christian , so were the Apostles. The first Christians, the first Catholics. I find it rather odd that you don't understand these simple things tought by our Church and our parents and schools. The Catecombs were used to keep Christians safe from the pagan Romans. You should know this .

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#500806 Dec 17, 2013
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God..." -Exodus 20:4,5

Elk Grove, CA

#500807 Dec 17, 2013
Mark 7:6-13 plainly teaches that we are never to follow the traditions of men. Yet, the Catholic religion is one big conglomerate of traditions fabricated over the centuries. It wasn't until the year 1950 that Pope Pious XII decided to make the Assumption of Mary an official Catholic doctrine, a doctrine not found anywhere in the Bible.

Elk Grove, CA

#500808 Dec 17, 2013
It is so strange how the Word of God condemns the Catholic religion in plain Words; yet, Catholics BLINDLY follow the Pope and priests. It says in Matthew 23:9, in black and white, even in the Catholic Douay Bible, not to call any man "Father." Yes, that is exactly what Catholics call their priests, cardinals, and Bishops.

Elk Grove, CA

#500810 Dec 17, 2013
"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." —Isaiah 42:8

Does the Pope need glasses? Isaiah 42:8 can only be interpreted one way—God will not share glory and praise due to Him only. It really makes God angry when anyone hails (praises) Mary. Mary was a dirty, rotten sinner, just like you and me. Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Tue C Kersey 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3