Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681967 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#500599 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your plans after arriving in heaven???
Do you believe that Jehovah will be there with bells on to welcome you???
:)
what are you planning after you depart time, for a eternity in hell June.you should be working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
You seem pretty determined to get people to join you, in your religious beliefs.
It takes a lot of faith to believe in nothing JUNE.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#500600 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe what the bible is saying to me. It's saying ... "I was created by humans, and I feed lies to other greed-filled humans eager to believe they are special to a god."
No you don't - please stop misleading others.

You are just as bad as the so-called "Christians".
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500601 Dec 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>anyhow, if you heard me saying the word [ridiculous] instead of spelling it wrong, you wouldn't know how it is misspelled. so again, if that is all that you can indict me for, you lost your case before the opening arguments.
and if you had any brains, you wouldn't be a catholic.
lol
Evidently I have enough brains to spell correctly.
lol
It seems to me that someone who hasn't learned how to spell doesn't read much, and that leaves them ill-equipped to seriously discuss the topic of this thread.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500602 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'RE,WRONG again..I DO NOT hate your Church..You all will not admit things,have changed,..I do not hate any one,..nor HAVE I EVER insulted nor slandered..nor changed people's posts any one on a personal level ..even you ..
This is,a DEBATE FORUM...PEOPLE DISAGREE ..
maybe some people hate your CHURCH I do not .
They do MUCH good in the,world,
It is,NOT required we AGREE WITH YOU . SERA DIES NOT MAKE HER living in the nasty way you said..hat is,slander ..libelous ...
Your Church has,believed or now,believes,some,doctrine,I do not agree,with...so what ..
Sera,was standing up for MICHAEL. ONLY because of what was said about Him..And to clad,credit HE apologized. They are ok..yet you persist in insinuations personally about both of them ..
This, IS,NOT A PLACE For personal insults ..or gutter talk.. not only is that not What WE should do ITS,AGAIBST TOPix TOS,to infer what you did .....And no matter how many times you are told ...it's,AGAINST THE RULES you keep on
No.One herd goes to the gutter in a regular basis..I'm sorry . But it does,not reflect well...on what you say you have learned
.for the last time ..It's,advent almost Christmas ..please get your mind and posting out of teacher gutter ...please knit.....'ve seen you post normal ..star your opinion.....please go hack o that ...
..disagreement is,allowed..gutter is not ...
And I do not hate the Roman Catholic church ...
You do hate the Church or you would not post like you do. Sera is not all there, and its not slander, its my own oppinion. deal with it. The Church has not changed, where do you get your lies from? Vatican II was about communicating to the the masses, not changing doctrine. or anything else. You left the Church because you wanted to be on the pill, you said so yourself. The pill is an aboertifacient and nothing will change that either. You need to keep your hatred in check because of Advent. I don't think ypu understand even what Advent is. I am not going to hack into anything, what are you posting about, hacking is wrong and saying i do that is slanderous anf libalous. You just may hear from my lawyer.

Albuquerque, NM

#500603 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you check with your Gnostic creator and that will make all things clear to you. But make sure you don't call what you preach religion. It has to fall under "spirituality."
I suggest you to worry about yourself and not worry about me. I can handle myself i n this world.

Your suggestions are all bullshite. When you start doing what you suggest, then we will talk more - but until then, you are all over the board without any stability in what you believe.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#500604 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to lead me away from my self AGAIN?
What do you mean by "again"?

I can't lead you anywhere, nor have led you anywhere.

Please stop making up things about me. Lately, that is all you have seemed to do.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#500605 Dec 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you just stop plagiazising other peoples work and posting it on here.
Nothing you post comes from your only thoughts but what others have written.
Its not anyone elses fault but your own that you have become a bottom feeder, feasting on garbage rather sitting at the Lord's table and feast on the banquet He has set before us .
You made your choice June, you can still change your mind, we serve a loving forgiving God.
Bam!.

Well,'ceptin' for that loving god stuff.

Have you seen my bottle of scotch?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500606 Dec 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE AN ENGLISH CLASS....
If you hand were in the condition that Preston's are ...You would be glad that you could type at all...
i don't believe You would not want to walk the miles that he has, in the armed service for his country..
We should thank God for his sacrifice ....that he ....and others like him
that have put their lives on the line ...have been spared...
IT' IS by
God's grace they are able to post here in this forum..
Well, that's fine. Good for all our service people.
However, last I checked, the Bible that most people in America read is written in English. How can one read and understand it without a good grip on the English language?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#500607 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your self-serving Christian philosophy makes claims of truth as does the philosophy of all preachers in various religions.
If you were a Muslim, you'd be preaching Islam as the only truth on earth.
It's unfortunate that you don't want to see that issue from the outside in.
June VanDerMark

Since you are an atheist, you are preaching it as the only truth on earth.
It's unfortunate that you don't want to see that issue from the outside in.

Riccardo

Albuquerque, NM

#500608 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference IS, I am joking and YOU are serious.
You honestly believe that you and "Jesus" had and have the same beliefs.
How funny.
The truth is - I could care less what you think others believe.

IMO it is because of your own insecurities within your own life.

From my perspective - I don't believe a life-long "Christian" can't just automatically jump the train and believe like you do, because we all already know, you don't even have any proof to what you say or believe.

And being a "Christian" for so long as you have, I highly doubt it would take more than just a post saying "I am an Atheist". In fact far from it.

IMO - your ruse is all for yourself. When you can start being honest that you don't know what is to become of us, then I will begin to drop my speculations about you still being a so-called "Christian".

Until then.....go and push your mantra and love for Jehovah to some unsuspecting apologist - as your tactic doesn't work on me.

Sacramento, CA

#500609 Dec 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Jesus said none of these things, that he is dieing for sins of others.
Muk

According to mo?

The so called prophet that married a little girl and raped her.

Riccardo
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500610 Dec 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to our men's Bible study last night. We are studying Samuel and we came across this verse. It's a prayer from Hannah 1 Sam 2:
There is none holy like the Lord
for there is none besides you;
there is no rock like our God.
**I thought of catholics with their claim about Peter being the rock and now you post the samething...funny stuff.
Hannah gets it...why don't catholics
Matthew 16:18
And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

- Jesus

Sacramento, CA

#500611 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> You are very wrong. Christ founded the Holy Catholic Church . Saint Peter was the first pope. It's in the bible and history books.
The Bible supplies no evidence that Peter ever reached Rome; rather the contrary. The Roman Catholic claim that Peter was in Rome from 42 to 67 A.D. is soundly discredited by the following facts:

The apostle Paul was saved about 37 A.D. "After three years" he visited Peter at Jerusalem. Gal. 1:18. Then Peter spent some time in a missionary journey to Lydda, Saron, Joppa and Caesarea. Acts 9:32-42; 10:1. Next mention of Peter is in Acts 15, that he spoke at the conference held in Jerusalem, of which incident Paul wrote in Galatians 2:1 that "after fourteen years" since his first visit to see Peter he "went up again to Jerusalem." It is now about 54 A.D. and Peter is still in Asia Minor) where Paul "withstood him t the face" for his inconsistent walk. Galatians 2:11-14.

More proof against Peter residing in Rome is to be seen in that Paul, writing to Christians in Rome, made no mention of Peter and when writing from Rome about 64 A.D., he made no mention of Peter in any or his epistles. During Paul's last days there, about 67 A.D., he wrote , "Only Luke is with me." 2 Tim. 4:1.

Bible scholars are generally agreed that Peter wrote his first epistle in 64 or 65 A.D. He wrote from "Babylon." 1 Peter 5:13. There was no reason to make this name an allegory, as though in meant Rome, in Italy. Peter, being sent "to the circumcision" (Israel, Gal/ 2:9), had many such to minister to at Babylon where many Israelites lived ever since the nation went into captivity there about 600 B.C.

Significantly, we know of no writer in the first two centuries of the Christian era who wrote of Peter sojourning in Rome. To think that "history," either secular or religious, supports this tradition is pure deception. Only the Bible contains inspired history and is therefore unquestionably accurate in all its information about Peter.

It should be clear then to all who humbly desire the truth that the persistent claim of the so-called "Roman Catholic Church" that it is founded on Peter as its "rock" foundation and "first Pope of Rome" has no biblical support whatever. Christ's true church contains all who are saved (Acts 2:47), so it is universal (catholic) but not "Roman" nor "Greek" nor "Protestant." It has no earthly distinction other than that it began in Jerusalem. It is the body of Christ." Ephesians 1:22, 23. Laying aside traditional surmisings about Peter let us rather make sure whether we shall arrive where Peter now is, in heaven above. Eternity is coming! Please read 2 Peter 1:10 and 1 John 5:9-13 with 1 Cor. 15:1-5.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#500612 Dec 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Who told you that honoring the Blessed Virgin Mary is idolatry?
Who told you that praying the Rosary is all in vain?
Who told you that hearing the Rosary prayed sounds like moaning of satan worshippers?
Who told you all these crazy things?
Psalm 75.7
It is God alone who judges; he decides who will rise and who will fall.

Location hidden

#500613 Dec 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's fine. Good for all our service people.
However, last I checked, the Bible that most people in America read is written in English. How can one read and understand it without a good grip on the English language?
I have read it in greek, and some in Hebrew. can you?LOL.

My wife as an 8th grader was one of the best spellers in the state of Ohio, but compared to me, she knows very little.

making a spelling error is miniscule compared to making a error in following the cult of Catholicism.

BTW< You never said one word about husker misspelling a word, that Makes you a hypocrite

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#500614 Dec 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible supplies no evidence that Peter ever reached Rome; rather the contrary. The Roman Catholic claim that Peter was in Rome from 42 to 67 A.D. is soundly discredited by the following facts:
The apostle Paul was saved about 37 A.D. "After three years" he visited Peter at Jerusalem. Gal. 1:18. Then Peter spent some time in a missionary journey to Lydda, Saron, Joppa and Caesarea. Acts 9:32-42; 10:1. Next mention of Peter is in Acts 15, that he spoke at the conference held in Jerusalem, of which incident Paul wrote in Galatians 2:1 that "after fourteen years" since his first visit to see Peter he "went up again to Jerusalem." It is now about 54 A.D. and Peter is still in Asia Minor) where Paul "withstood him t the face" for his inconsistent walk. Galatians 2:11-14.
More proof against Peter residing in Rome is to be seen in that Paul, writing to Christians in Rome, made no mention of Peter and when writing from Rome about 64 A.D., he made no mention of Peter in any or his epistles. During Paul's last days there, about 67 A.D., he wrote , "Only Luke is with me." 2 Tim. 4:1.
Bible scholars are generally agreed that Peter wrote his first epistle in 64 or 65 A.D. He wrote from "Babylon." 1 Peter 5:13. There was no reason to make this name an allegory, as though in meant Rome, in Italy. Peter, being sent "to the circumcision" (Israel, Gal/ 2:9), had many such to minister to at Babylon where many Israelites lived ever since the nation went into captivity there about 600 B.C.
Significantly, we know of no writer in the first two centuries of the Christian era who wrote of Peter sojourning in Rome. To think that "history," either secular or religious, supports this tradition is pure deception. Only the Bible contains inspired history and is therefore unquestionably accurate in all its information about Peter.
It should be clear then to all who humbly desire the truth that the persistent claim of the so-called "Roman Catholic Church" that it is founded on Peter as its "rock" foundation and "first Pope of Rome" has no biblical support whatever. Christ's true church contains all who are saved (Acts 2:47), so it is universal (catholic) but not "Roman" nor "Greek" nor "Protestant." It has no earthly distinction other than that it began in Jerusalem. It is the body of Christ." Ephesians 1:22, 23. Laying aside traditional surmisings about Peter let us rather make sure whether we shall arrive where Peter now is, in heaven above. Eternity is coming! Please read 2 Peter 1:10 and 1 John 5:9-13 with 1 Cor. 15:1-5.
You need to cite your sources:

http://www.soundwords.net/mmj/was_peter_the_f...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#500615 Dec 17, 2013
The DEMANDS of those in religion ... "Don't try to steal my fantasies away from me, or I will fight you 'till the 'end!!!'"
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#500616 Dec 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>June VanDerMark
Since you are an atheist, you are preaching it as the only truth on earth.
Yes I do preach the idea that I don't know if life continues after death, as being the one and only truth on earth.

You believe the afterlife of eternal bliss is assured for YOU. And from my perspective ... that takes an awful lot for granted. You not only insist that a creator exists, but also that it exists to love you and reject others who don't believe they way YOU believe.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#500617 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry no ..
http://www.bible-history.com/maps/galilee_nor...
You may pas through SAMARIA as,Jesus,did .going from.Galilee . To The rest of Judea...many Jews,did not
You are using a Roman political division, NOT a Jewish/Isreali one.

Galillee IS part of Samaria AKA Israel AKA Northern Kingdom. It is NOT part of Judea AKA Southern Kingdom.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500618 Dec 17, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The AUSCP as are the many others that have sprung up in the past 3 years. The ACP in Ireland, Wales, Australia, England are reform groups of catholic priests expressing their views of the direction of the catholic church. One issue is, they want reform in the Papal office. They also support and standbye the more than 40,000 nuns in america who are under investigation by the Vatican.
http://www.praytellblog.com/index.php/2013/03...
These roman catholic priest REFORM groups have caught on very quickly. Time will tell how many more countries will adapt to their causes and concerns.
I thought you protestants thought reform was a wonderful thing. You all are constantly doing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web