Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590184 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#500331 Dec 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Nick and I travel with a band of gypsies .He plays the violin and I dance. We make a ton of money under the table. Hopeful, we will be coming to a town near you!
Covered wagon ??? Hubby says,He,will tend THE horses when we take off on our trip..Come here and get us,lol..it is,warmer ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#500332 Dec 16, 2013
KayMarie wrote:
who="Husker Du"]<quoted text>You are very, very wrong. Explain why we use the most perfect vessel to hold Christ, you remember those nuns tought you that when you receive the Eucharist, you receive Christ. So why wouldn't you want to place the vbody of Chrit in the most perfect vessel we have? something the most flawless would be a precious metal like gold. You never retained what theose precious nuns taught you I guess. It's not their fault. I hope you watched Life isa Worth Living, Bishop Sheen televised this all over in the late fifties into the sixties. maybe the earlyseventies. Remember the movies, Our lady of Fatima story was made into a movie, so was the stoery of Lourdes, a man who was a playright promised the Blessed Mother to tell her story through film. I can go on, A man for all seasons, The Christopher's, how could i forget them! TBN, has nothing on these television shows. In fact i got a kick how TBN televised Bishop Sheen's tv show. And i bet he did too, maybe what he promoted would get into the TBN producers and Maybe many former Catholics whop watched TBN came back to the Church because of Bishop Sheen. also many actors and actresses promoted Catholicism in their shows. Beter do your research better , rose.
----------
THE MOST PRECIOUS VESSEL IS NOT GOLD. Jesus did not suffer on the cross for gold, silver or diamonds. And He places the REAL blood and wine in the most precious vessels...
His children.
KayMarie
Amen Kay ...it's our souls He values above all

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#500333 Dec 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not invested in any religion.
Liar! Everything about your post resonated Gnosticism.

Quesnel, Canada

#500334 Dec 16, 2013
your posts

Quesnel, Canada

#500335 Dec 16, 2013
<quoted text>
No religion required.
Are you NOW an Atheist?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#500336 Dec 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> Your comment shows your hatred for the Catholic Church, and your intention on this forum. I imagine you provide good entertainment, sad you have to make money on your back.
ENIUGH.

....it's,Advent ..your fellow,Catholics,are talking of was to praise God ..

You just can't help it can you ...???

Quesnel, Canada

#500337 Dec 16, 2013
Robert F wrote:
Greetings All
Tomorrow, December 17 begins a week of history for all Christians, and is remembered at least as far back as the 5th Century(and probably farther). It is known as the "O Antiphons", which are still sung, but more recently known as the hymm, "O Come, O Come Emmanuel".
I hope you have time to reflect on them....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_antiphon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_come,_O_come,_...
I hope and desire for you all a rich a blessed time until we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
What about all the other people in all the other religions Robert. Will they spend eternity in Christian hell ... according to your self-perceived worthiness???

I don't expect a direct answer from you, as it never occurred since you slid back into Catholicism.

Quesnel, Canada

#500338 Dec 16, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth
Perhaps more importantly, the King has his Kingdom, and we need to know the King, and the rules he set down for His Kingdom. And practice those rules.
According to you, is the King a practicing Jew in Judaism, or a practicing Catholic in Catholicism?

I'll watch you with words perform your usual dance of the idiots!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#500339 Dec 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Making up your own theology will not bring you any closer to any supposed truth.
Theology is a trickster's word for philosophy. I play around with philosophy, but I recognize IT IS simply play.

Quesnel, Canada

#500340 Dec 16, 2013
As long as people belong to any religion whatsoever, they will never be called Atheists.

Yet it was and is those in religion that kill each other over supposedly belonging to the WRONG religions.

Atheists have killed other humans, but we have never killed another human in the name of religion ... EVER.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500341 Dec 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
ENIUGH.
....it's,Advent ..your fellow,Catholics,are talking of was to praise God ..
You just can't help it can you ...???
Please, and what your friend said was alright? she put it out there that she actually hates, is rthat okay? Must be to you, so saying she is a kept woman should be okay.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#500342 Dec 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
As long as people belong to any religion whatsoever, they will never be called Atheists.
Yet it was and is those in religion that kill each other over supposedly belonging to the WRONG religions.
Atheists have killed other humans, but we have never killed another human in the name of religion ... EVER.
Yes you're right when you have fanatics like Hitler, who the world says is a Christian and he's doing this for God, you do take into consideration that God also thinks like the rest of us that Hitler is a demon working not for God, but the devil. God never authorized this and as far as being a Christian ,his ACTIONS PROVE HE ISN'T.. But some people who haven't the intellect to realize that acts like this and suicide bombers say they do it for Allah are simply people that have been brainwashed into doing something, not for God, although I admit they really truly believe they are doing it for Allah, but still it isn't true at all. Again, God has not and will not intervene in our lives and until he calls us home it's up to us to take care of our planet and it's people and the problems that arise., not God's.

Quesnel, Canada

#500343 Dec 16, 2013
Catholic theologians couldn't write a story that Jesus was the first Catholic pope, because they needed the story that Jesus was crucified with the approval of the nasty Jews, so that they could have a "legitimate reason" to kill the future generations of Jews as Christ-killers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

World History Timelines
Din Timelines

may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ." When Emich arrived in the town of Worms, the town's Roman Catholic Bishop tried to protect the Jewish population, but the Crusaders overran his palace and slaughtered some 500 people who had taken shelter there. Another 300 were killed over the next two days. The graves of the massacre victims can still be seen at the Jewish Cemetery at Worms.

mar 16 - The Crusades began the massacre of Jews in York, England.The Jewish population of York fled to Clifford's Tower overlooking the rivers Ouse and Foss during an anti-Jewish riot. A crazed friar set fire to the tower and rather than be captured, the inhabitants committed mass suicide.

mar 17 - Crusades complete massacre of Jews of York England.

mar 18 - Crusaders kill 57 Jews in Bury St Edmonds England.

jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.

1348x –
Accused of being a cause of the plague, the Jews in France were dragged from their houses and burned.Pogroms occurred throughout Europe. When the plague subsided, few Jews were left in Germany ? or the Low Countries.

Quesnel, Canada

#500344 Dec 16, 2013
When Robert F was an Atheist, he claimed that religion was based on the premise of FEAR.

Now that he is back into Catholicism, he claims that he is moved by God's "spirit" of FAITH.

How CONvenient.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

November 14, 2009 … my father’s birthday.

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings June
It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....
Robert

Quesnel, Canada

#500345 Dec 16, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Yes you're right when you have fanatics like Hitler, who the world says is a Christian and he's doing this for God, you do take into consideration that God also thinks like the rest of us that Hitler is a demon working not for God, but the devil. God never authorized this and as far as being a Christian ,his ACTIONS PROVE HE ISN'T.. But some people who haven't the intellect to realize that acts like this and suicide bombers say they do it for Allah are simply people that have been brainwashed into doing something, not for God, although I admit they really truly believe they are doing it for Allah, but still it isn't true at all. Again, God has not and will not intervene in our lives and until he calls us home it's up to us to take care of our planet and it's people and the problems that arise., not God's.
If you were a Muslim, you would be a blathering Imam for the religion of Islam.

Preachers come in different shades, but are all shaded by nothing but arrogance and ignorance.

Quesnel, Canada

#500346 Dec 16, 2013
Theologians by the dozens were ever shape-shifting ideas to suit their own MOODS.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

It is significant that certain Gnostic doctrines, above all the idea that Jesus was not crucified and did not know truth, doctrines which, following the polemic and persecutions of the Church, barely survived into the seventh century, regained their currency thanks to Muhammad and the spread of Islam. On the other hand, it is likely that certain antitrinitarian Christians were attracted by the absolute monotheism preached by Muhammad and were among the first to embrace Islam.
truth

Perth, Australia

#500348 Dec 16, 2013
who say
i am within you
your body become temple

you become instrument
to be understand to understood

i been baptize and all sacarament have
i am christan catholic
i never change my religion
not in this my life
holy scripture is some depend how you live
do you liked cross
yes i explain to you
on cross
there is a no law
there is a no love
there is a not mercy
there is a suffering

its took me there
my mind body hand lags
pain horrible pain
on that cross i don't see anyone
except huge and strong energy white energy
so powerful its took me there
crown mind i resist i remember face
yee its stay over my face head
my crown pain

not pain exist as that pain
i resist that pain and that cross
i am alive as i am
i walk between this people as i walk before alive
total normal person
n
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#500350 Dec 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Last call..
Show me the term "lord" in reference our Lord, in Scripture, and I will back off. I am readinng the text of the Infallible Sacred Word and I see no such reference....Do you???
I'm not interested in your games, fool, other than that those games diminish you, and that's a good thing.

So let me repeat again: You realize the writers of the canonical texts didn't capitalize the term either, since both ancient Hebrew and Greek did not distinguish between upper and lower case, right?

Now, if you want to argue that the Greek word kurios does not fairly translate to lord, you are wrong:

Matthew 1:24: diegerqeij de o iwshf apo tou upnou epoihsen wj prosetaxen autw o aggeloj **kuriou** thn gunaika autou

But I understand your desire to change to subject.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#500351 Dec 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> Your comment shows your hatred for the Catholic Church, and your intention on this forum. I imagine you provide good entertainment, sad you have to make money on your back.
I heard you had a pretty good business going till the government shut you as a toxic waste site..

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#500353 Dec 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What about all the other people in all the other religions Robert. Will they spend eternity in Christian hell ... according to your self-perceived worthiness???
I don't expect a direct answer from you, as it never occurred since you slid back into Catholicism.
June

You tell me, since you invented Christian hell....

I can only go so far in a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Gee Tee 9,395
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 15 hr Rainbow Kid 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Mon QUITTNER May 25 2015 6
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
More from around the web