Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653777 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#500450 Dec 17, 2013
The preachers on this forum would like nothing better than to be famous as was Billy Graham. Yet they can see that Billy changed his sermon to now preach that even a good Muslim can be saved.

Once a preacher starts to need that attention, he/she doesn't want any other opinions than his/her own.

They will post scriptures to back what they want to believe is truth and fight and fight and fight with others who DARE to disagree.

Ego drives their sermons.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#500451 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Billy Graham, from my opinion, was one of the most arrogant preachers, who managed to feign humility. However, I suggest he didn't fool everybody.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
On Evangelists
"It used to be you couldn't go downtown in the evening without running into a half a dozen evangelists ranting and raving and carrying on: some of them put on their shows in tents or at camp meetings, and some of them just stood around on street corners and worked up a crowd. They'd stir the people up for a while, but they always got over it.
"But now we've just got this one evangelist, this Billy Graham, and he's gone off the beam. He's ... well, I hadn't ought to say this, but he's one of those counterfeits I was telling you about. He claims he's a friend of all the Presidents, but he was never a friend of mine when I was President. I just don't go for people like that. All he's interested in is getting his name in the paper."
Harry Truman ... from the book "Plain Speaking ... an oral biography of Harry S. Truman by Merle Miller." (page 31)
Billy Graham is a false teacher for many reason, and I'll leave it at that. The only praise and honor Billy Graham will receive is that of the people on this earth and that will be all that he will get.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500452 Dec 17, 2013
A young Billy Graham, speaking to Charles Templeton.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

"I've discovered something in my ministry: when I take the Bible literally, when I proclaim it as God's Word, I have power."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#500453 Dec 17, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican never said "Roman Catholic" only true Church. They said "Catholic Church". The title of this thread is misleading. Of course you know this already don't you. You demonstrate a willingness to lie and cheat daily, Oxbow.
There are 23 Catholic Churches of Christ throughout the world.(Ethiopian, Syrian, Coptic to name a few) Rome is the world wide headquarters because that's where Peter died while setting it up, but "Roman Catholic" is no more truer than the others.. That's why the Vatican would never single themselves out thereby insulting the other Churches who are also in communion with Pope Francis. Just like the Universal Churches 2,000 yrs ago were in communion with Peter, the Churches now are in communion with his successor, the Bishop of Rome.
Liam

I do understand what you are saying..And all HE explanations ..etc...something changed in my lifetime ..believe it or don't ..may be Vatican 2''Israel in he prophecies,after Israel becoming a nation..ecumenical. concerns,..talk of the end times ..the REV decided evidently NOT to be called Roman Catholic as it used to be
.whatever ...WHEN I WAS YOUNG the CHURCH called itself Roman Catholic ....when I say Roman Catholic ..I is NOT out of Jared or disrespect ...ad I've Bern accused ..I learned Roman Catholic
.my CATECHISM.said Holy Roman Catholic Church and now I find it on my Baptismal certificate ..try looking at ...maybe some older ones

I had to pullout some papers recently ..came across my Baptismal certificate ..
It says,Roman Catholic CHUrch..

I'm.betting at least the older posters or your mom.has that on their certificates ..
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500454 Dec 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
This might be one of the most ignorant posts I have recently read on this forum. The Bible tells you, according to "Working for the Lord", quote, "if you are not a member of the true church of the bible and if you do not worship according to God's way then you are lost," End quote.
Your statement is to be saved a person must be a member of "THE TRUE CHURCH OF THE BIBLE"? Are you completely out of your mind?
Church membership has absolute NOTHING to do with salvation. NOTHING!!!!!
Then you go on to quote the following verses as a defense for your ridiculous statement. What do these verses have to do with church membership?
Romans 16:16, "Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you."
Matthew 16:18, "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
Acts 2:37-40, 37 "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation."
Colossians 3:16, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
Mark 16:16, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
<quoted text>
Another ignorant post. I have NEVER......NO NEVER told anyone to leave a church.
N E V E R! To leave a non-Christian corrupt doctrine teaching and preaching group....YES. Actually, a saved person CANNOT ever leave the church. Why? Because THEY are the church. The church is not a building of sticks and stones located in Rome. The church is flesh and bones.
I Peter 2:4-5, 4 "As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."
Do you comprende'?
Don't deny it, you have made a career out of bashing the Catholic Church and spreading lies about it and trying to get Catholics to leave it.
Now, either, as you claim, church membership has nothing to do with salvation, or it does.
If it does, then you can stop worrying about the salvation of Catholics (if that is indeed what you are doing in the first place).
It is written in the Bible that the Church is the pillar of Truth. God entrusted the Truth to the Church, therefore, since God wants all people to know the Truth, this Church must be visible and recognizable, not invisible and amorphous.
Question is: Which Church is it?
It's simple.
Do you comprehende?

Williams Lake, Canada

#500455 Dec 17, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> A wonderful reply and I thank you for it. My only concern is the fact that you feel he's a cruel God and I would like to know by an example of what would make him a cruel God.
"Bounties" of unnecessary Suffering!

The Grapple Tree (Harpagophytum procumbens) of South Africa produces a fearsome fruit called the “Devil’s Claw” which has been known to kill a lion. The fruit is covered in fierce hooks, which latch on to passing animals. In trying to shake the fruit off, the animal disperses the seeds but at the same time, the hooks sink deeper into the creature’s flesh. If the animal touches the fruit with its mouth, the fruit will attach itself to the animal’s jaw, inflicting great pain and preventing it from eating. Antelopes are usually the victims.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#500456 Dec 17, 2013
<quoted text> A wonderful reply and I thank you for it. My only concern is the fact that you feel he's a cruel God and I would like to know by an example of what would make him a cruel God. Would you say that the story of Noah's Ark to be one, if so let me know so I can show you another way to look at Noah's Ark that may show you love that you may not of thought of in Noah's Ark.
Personally, I'd go for Numbers 31.

I'm betting the "love" those little captive kids experienced on the orders of BibleGod and Moses was most appreciated, eh?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#500457 Dec 17, 2013
Correction...NOT OUT OF HATRED OR DISRESPECT to your Church ..it's,a fact
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500458 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>So you hate Christ then.
Christ and His Church can not be seperated. He hates Christ's Church, so...
yes, I believe you are correct.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#500459 Dec 17, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican never said "Roman Catholic" only true Church. They said "Catholic Church". The title of this thread is misleading. Of course you know this already don't you. You demonstrate a willingness to lie and cheat daily, Oxbow.
There are 23 Catholic Churches of Christ throughout the world.(Ethiopian, Syrian, Coptic to name a few) Rome is the world wide headquarters because that's where Peter died while setting it up, but "Roman Catholic" is no more truer than the others.. That's why the Vatican would never single themselves out thereby insulting the other Churches who are also in communion with Pope Francis. Just like the Universal Churches 2,000 yrs ago were in communion with Peter, the Churches now are in communion with his successor, the Bishop of Rome.
YOU WROTE

The Vatican never said "Roman Catholic" only true Church. They said "Catholic Church". The title of this thread is misleading...

your above statement is ...erroneous

and ....the blood of..millions;

whose property was confriscated...

tortured ,

murdered,

souls

burned at stake,

their bodies pulled apart on the wrack,

in the inquisition....

witness to the fact.

that what you are DENYING

has been the polity of the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

FOR EONS...

"Rev_6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar

-->the souls of them that were slain

for the word of God, <--

and for the testimony which they held:..."

THESE TESTIFY ( in heaven ) AGAINST YOUR FALSEHOOD.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500460 Dec 17, 2013
Truth or not???

God ... "Let me see now, I will create all animals so they have to suffer. My will shall be done."
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#500461 Dec 17, 2013
<quoted text> A wonderful reply and I thank you for it. My only concern is the fact that you feel he's a cruel God and I would like to know by an example of what would make him a cruel God. Would you say that the story of Noah's Ark to be one, if so let me know so I can show you another way to look at Noah's Ark that may show you love that you may not of thought of in Noah's Ark.
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I'd go for Numbers 31.
I'm betting the "love" those little captive kids experienced on the orders of BibleGod and Moses was most appreciated, eh?
**Dilbert rushes to figure out what Numbers 31 is about and quickly Googles for an apology**

Williams Lake, Canada

#500462 Dec 17, 2013
Watch these preachers as they fight. It's a new day and their sermonizing has just begun.

By nightfall they will still be preaching that they know the one and only truth.

Preaching is a BAD habit, as there is no human WILL to stop it from re-occurring.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500463 Dec 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
This forum says: Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
Full story: CBC News
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Ro 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
Question to all Catholics.....Since you and the Vatican say the RCC is the only true church (singular... Being only one; individual.)....whom built the churches (plural...a word indicating that more than one referent is being referred to or described) in Ro 16-16??????
Christ established the Church. There was only one Church. What is referred to in Romans 16 are local congregations of the one Church. All holding to the one Faith that was delivered by Jesus.

You might prefer to believe that Jesus had more than one Bride?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#500464 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't WANT to control your desire to preach. Preaching has become to you an egotistical fulfillment.
Yes June, you're right, preaching has brought me a world of joy and gust like Paul I love to stay here and teach others and save lives, but I would also love to sit down with my Savor and tell him how much I love him and ask him a zillion questions, but the feeling of just one soul not being given the truth so they to can know how to become a Christian is enough for me to want to stay here to help all to become a child of God.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500465 Dec 17, 2013
I am a pastor who left the ministry. It was one of the most difficult decisions and transitions I ever made. It’s not just a matter of changing one’s career. It is much more complex than that.

Here’s why:
1.money: Like any other career change, it is very frightening to let your salary go. Even if it might be an insufficient one, it is still difficult to let go of your guaranteed income. Most pastors have no idea how they will provide support for themselves and their families if they leave.
2.family: Especially if your family is Christian, they had so much pride in the fact that you were “serving the Lord“. Pastors will anticipate a great deal of disappointment from their families when they walk away from this very special calling that so many people took such delight in.
3.self: When pastors get ordained, they, like me, vow that they will never, ever give up. They swear that they will serve the Lord and the church until death. To even think about surrendering this induces an incredible amount of personal shame.
4.theology: I always took great comfort from scriptures such as,“Run the race. Fight the good fight.” These passages helped me in the worst of times to persevere. To quit the ministry evokes enormous feelings of spiritual failure.
5.vocation: Almost all the pastors I have known are very specially trained. They have focused their whole lives and educations on theology and ministry to others. It is feared that to walk away from the only job that employs these skills is to expose oneself to a completely unmarketable and unemployable position. Usually it requires retraining, which in itself is too daunting to face.
6.congregation: To leave the ministry is to walk away from the congregation that the pastor has served. It can feel like abandoning your family. In fact, some might accuse the pastor of being a false shepherd who abandons the sheep. To anticipate this painful separation is excruciating.
7.enemies: Those who have questioned, ridiculed or even opposed the pastor’s ministry will suddenly have all the ammunition they need to say,“I told you so!” I’ve heard many times that leaving the ministry was proof that I shouldn’t have been a pastor to begin with. It feels like throwing in the towel, and there are people who love to cheer that demonstration of surrender.
8.meaning: To leave most jobs doesn’t bear the weightiness that leaving the ministry does. Leaving the ministry carries an existential significance that shoots a resigning pastor into the darkest of nights because, as most pastors sense, their job wasn’t just a job, but an extension of their spiritual selves. Ministry is the expression of their convictions, and to leave the job appears to be the desertion of these core convictions.
9.waste: All pastors are taught and believe that they are planting seeds. They toil year after year with faith that one day their labor will bear fruit. To consider leaving the ministry is to consider relinquishing the garden and to leave it untended or under the care of another who doesn’t share the same commitments. All that work is gone to waste without any chance of sharing in the harvest, if it ever comes.
10.friends: When pastors leave the ministry, they leave friends. For one, they are walking away from their peers in ministry. They are quitting that team. But they are also walking away from people they’ve served through their births, baptisms, marriages, divorces, deaths, tragedies and spiritual pilgrimages. They are saying farewell to people they have loved in very significant ways, intuitively knowing that walking away from the community network will also endanger their chances of that ever happening again.

If you are a pastor, perhaps you can think of another reason why quitting the ministry is very difficult. I would appreciate your comments… anonymously if necessary.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nakedpastor/2013...

Williams Lake, Canada

#500466 Dec 17, 2013
<quoted text> Yes June, you're right, preaching has brought me a world of joy
It also brings the Muslim Imams worlds of JOY.

Egoism demands its FILL.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#500467 Dec 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
The Vatican never said "Roman Catholic" only true Church. They said "Catholic Church". The title of this thread is misleading...
your above statement is ...erroneous
and ....the blood of..millions;
whose property was confriscated...
tortured ,
murdered,
souls
burned at stake,
their bodies pulled apart on the wrack,
in the inquisition....
witness to the fact.
that what you are DENYING
has been the polity of the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
FOR EONS...
"Rev_6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar
-->the souls of them that were slain
for the word of God, <--
and for the testimony which they held:..."
THESE TESTIFY ( in heaven ) AGAINST YOUR FALSEHOOD.
After ..JESUS catches away HIS bride...

THERE WILL BE ANOTHER INQUISITION..

WHEN

. The Roman Catholics join up with the ANTICHRIST...

THIS SCRIPTURE WILL COME TO PASS..

Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them;

and

--> it was said unto them,

that they should rest yet for a little season,

until their fellow servants also and their brethren,

that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. <--

ALREADY YOUR POPE HAS BECOME THE CUSTODIAN OF THE TEMPLE MOUNT IN JERUSALEM...

THE ANTICHRIST POSITION IS NOW BEING SET UP....

Williams Lake, Canada

#500468 Dec 17, 2013
I am a pastor who left the ministry. It was one of the most difficult decisions and transitions I ever made. It’s not just a matter of changing one’s career. It is much more complex than that.

Here’s why:
1.money: Like any other career change, it is very frightening to let your salary go. Even if it might be an insufficient one, it is still difficult to let go of your guaranteed income. Most pastors have no idea how they will provide support for themselves and their families if they leave.
2.family: Especially if your family is Christian, they had so much pride in the fact that you were “serving the Lord“. Pastors will anticipate a great deal of disappointment from their families when they walk away from this very special calling that so many people took such delight in.
3.self: When pastors get ordained, they, like me, vow that they will never, ever give up. They swear that they will serve the Lord and the church until death. To even think about surrendering this induces an incredible amount of personal shame.
4.theology: I always took great comfort from scriptures such as,“Run the race. Fight the good fight.” These passages helped me in the worst of times to persevere. To quit the ministry evokes enormous feelings of spiritual failure.
5.vocation: Almost all the pastors I have known are very specially trained. They have focused their whole lives and educations on theology and ministry to others. It is feared that to walk away from the only job that employs these skills is to expose oneself to a completely unmarketable and unemployable position. Usually it requires retraining, which in itself is too daunting to face.
6.congregation: To leave the ministry is to walk away from the congregation that the pastor has served. It can feel like abandoning your family. In fact, some might accuse the pastor of being a false shepherd who abandons the sheep. To anticipate this painful separation is excruciating.
7.enemies: Those who have questioned, ridiculed or even opposed the pastor’s ministry will suddenly have all the ammunition they need to say,“I told you so!” I’ve heard many times that leaving the ministry was proof that I shouldn’t have been a pastor to begin with. It feels like throwing in the towel, and there are people who love to cheer that demonstration of surrender.
8.meaning: To leave most jobs doesn’t bear the weightiness that leaving the ministry does. Leaving the ministry carries an existential significance that shoots a resigning pastor into the darkest of nights because, as most pastors sense, their job wasn’t just a job, but an extension of their spiritual selves. Ministry is the expression of their convictions, and to leave the job appears to be the desertion of these core convictions.
9.waste: All pastors are taught and believe that they are planting seeds. They toil year after year with faith that one day their labor will bear fruit. To consider leaving the ministry is to consider relinquishing the garden and to leave it untended or under the care of another who doesn’t share the same commitments. All that work is gone to waste without any chance of sharing in the harvest, if it ever comes.
10.friends: When pastors leave the ministry, they leave friends. For one, they are walking away from their peers in ministry. They are quitting that team. But they are also walking away from people they’ve served through their births, baptisms, marriages, divorces, deaths, tragedies and spiritual pilgrimages. They are saying farewell to people they have loved in very significant ways, intuitively knowing that walking away from the community network will also endanger their chances of that ever happening again.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nakedpastor/2013...
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500469 Dec 17, 2013
KayMarie wrote:
who="ReginaM" <quoted text>
Kay, anyone who has to make excuses for not kneeling before God in prayer, other than physical inability to do so, has bigger problems than forgetting that Jesus also knelt.[
----------
Regina, I made no excuses, but when I cannot kneel, I have no doubt that He hears me. I did not forget that He knelt; I just remembered that He did not make a LAW CONCERNING a ritual we must do to get His attention.
KayMarie
It's not about obeying a law out of obligation. It's about positioning yourself properly before God, and that would be in a posture of submission. NOt because that's what God demands, but because one wants to honor God and to display an understanding that one is God's creature.
I sure hope you were not trying to imply that the CC somehow made kneeling a law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 17 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web