Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641585 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#500427 Dec 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know that all Gospels were written AFTER Paul's letters and every Gospel has been "edited" by unknown hands.
Gospel of John is written in allegorical language and writer on many occasion put his own words in mouth of Jesus.
So do not get Dogmatic on what you read in these Gospels, also use your common sense and it would do you good, to read OT books also.
Learn about how God dealt with different people and nations.
Going to extreme in any thing, is what should be avoided.
Disagree

Peace ..enjoy your religion

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#500428 Dec 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible speaks of you!!!!!
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
The Bible not only contains the word of God; it is the word of God. The primary author is the Holy Ghost, or, as it is commonly expressed, the human authors wrote under the influence of Divine inspiration. They are sacred and canonical "because, having been written by inspiration of the Holy Ghost, that have God for their author, and as such have been handed down to the Church". The inerrancy of the Bible follows as a consequence of this Divine authorship. Wherever the sacred writer makes a statement as his own, that statement is the word of God and infallibly true, whatever be the subject-matter of the statement.
Ya think Holy Ghost inspired the author of 2 Peter to pretend he was Peter?

The Holy Ghost a conspirator in a forgery?

Say it ain't so!!!!

Columbus, OH

#500429 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree
Then he's probably right.

Just saying....

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#500430 Dec 17, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not being a Catholic or Christian, I think Jesus was a Samaritan and was baptized into Judaism by his cousin John. Nothing unusual about that. Jesus and John were both human, nothing more.
According to Jewish philosophy, If Jesus even existed, he was a fake messiah.

According to Catholic philosophy, Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi who saw the light and turned to Catholicized John the Baptist to be baptized as yet another Catholic.

According to Muslim philosophy, Jesus needs to be remodeled by the Muslim 12th Imam-savior before he will be allowed in Islam's "Paradise."

According to Protestant philosophy, Jesus simply changed his own mind to follow Martin Luther into his new religion.

According to your philosophy, Jesus was a Samaritan with no religion whatsoever.

Philosophers abound ... and to this day, the philosophers don't agree on what is true and what is false, yet keep on defending beliefs and bragging that the beliefs are based on absolute truth.

Such arrogance is alive and very unwell.
Liam

Brooklyn, NY

#500431 Dec 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Where are you Hojo....Clay....Ant.....
This forum says: Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
Full story: CBC News
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Ro 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
Question to all Catholics.....Since you and the Vatican say the RCC is the only true church (singular... Being only one; individual.)....whom built the churches (plural...a word indicating that more than one referent is being referred to or described) in Ro 16-16??????
The Vatican never said "Roman Catholic" only true Church. They said "Catholic Church". The title of this thread is misleading. Of course you know this already don't you. You demonstrate a willingness to lie and cheat daily, Oxbow.

There are 23 Catholic Churches of Christ throughout the world.(Ethiopian, Syrian, Coptic to name a few) Rome is the world wide headquarters because that's where Peter died while setting it up, but "Roman Catholic" is no more truer than the others.. That's why the Vatican would never single themselves out thereby insulting the other Churches who are also in communion with Pope Francis. Just like the Universal Churches 2,000 yrs ago were in communion with Peter, the Churches now are in communion with his successor, the Bishop of Rome.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500432 Dec 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
When you find yourself in a hole.....stop digging!!!!!
As you keep digging deeper and deeper into scriptural words, you will find only what you reflect back to you from what you believe is truth.

I keep posting the following, but preachers of religion are too busy with believing they are right to take time to mentally ingest the words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#500433 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are arrogant because you believe you serve a lord.
That type of attitude is simply all about "lording it over others" and that is arrogance.
So all of our teachers in the class room are simply arrogant for mathing it over others and on and on. Teaching others the word of God is a commandment, so what is a person who has a love for the truth to do, It's to do what God commands and what my heart tells me, that's to teach.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500434 Dec 17, 2013
Many people drove their selves to insanity by studying scriptural words, until the words got the better of them.

If only they had awakened to the idea that mortal men wrote those words with no assistance from gods, they might have freed their selves from religion. But I suggest they fell for the lines in the books that they were taught were HOLY.

What a shame that humans don't wake up and stop fighting over whose theologians taught truth and whose theologians taught lies ... and simply get on with every-day life free from ALL religion.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500435 Dec 17, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> So all of our teachers in the class room are simply arrogant for mathing it over others and on and on. Teaching others the word of God is a commandment, so what is a person who has a love for the truth to do, It's to do what God commands and what my heart tells me, that's to teach.
Math has nothing in common with religion.

Your theologians wrote into their book that a god commanded you to preach THEIR version of truth. And because you are so arrogant, you WANTED to believe that you knew the one and only truth in the universe.

You don't want to see that the Muslims were taught to preach absolute truth at you by their favorite theologians.

Theologians were and are simple-minded philosophers. If they knew absolute truth, they would all agree.

If you don't choose to awaken your brain to new ideas, you will keep digging your self into deeper and deeper religious RUTS.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500436 Dec 17, 2013
It's not by chance that all the many savior-gods created in the minds of men did not come to earth to save their devout believers.

Figments of imagination live only IN imaginations.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#500437 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As you keep digging deeper and deeper into scriptural words, you will find only what you reflect back to you from what you believe is truth.
I keep posting the following, but preachers of religion are too busy with believing they are right to take time to mentally ingest the words.
The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.
General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
If he intended such nonsense to be taken literally, then he wouldn't have written, "Choose the Right Word", eh?

Williams Lake, Canada

#500438 Dec 17, 2013
I personally know of a young woman who had no aim in life, until she went to church and decided that her mission in life was to preach religion at others.

She is now a missionary, gone into a foreign country to preach her version of Christianity.

And so it goes. She might be killed for offending Muslims or Hindus who have their own versions of truth.

What a shame that humans don't see the plots of the theologians, that in turn keep them fighting.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500439 Dec 17, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
If he intended such nonsense to be taken literally, then he wouldn't have written, "Choose the Right Word", eh?
Do you honestly believe that a god WROTE something?

Are you that anxious to preach at others that you know truth???

Williams Lake, Canada

#500440 Dec 17, 2013
If even one theologian on earth would admit to not knowing what he claims to know is fact, it might start unraveling all the lies put forth by the theologians.

Question ... "How do you know that a creator actually exists?"

Theologian ... "I have faith."

Question ... "So the truth is, you 'don't' know for a fact that a creator exists?"

Theologian ... "No, I don't know."

Columbus, OH

#500441 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe that a god WROTE something?
Are you that anxious to preach at others that you know truth???
Well, he clearly didn't write, "Choose the Right Word".

Sam Hayakawa did that.

And that's the truth, goofy.

Location hidden

#500442 Dec 17, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican never said "Roman Catholic" only true Church. They said "Catholic Church". The title of this thread is misleading. Of course you know this already don't you. You demonstrate a willingness to lie and cheat daily, Oxbow.
There are 23 Catholic Churches of Christ throughout the world.(Ethiopian, Syrian, Coptic to name a few) Rome is the world wide headquarters because that's where Peter died while setting it up, but "Roman Catholic" is no more truer than the others.. That's why the Vatican would never single themselves out thereby insulting the other Churches who are also in communion with Pope Francis. Just like the Universal Churches 2,000 yrs ago were in communion with Peter, the Churches now are in communion with his successor, the Bishop of Rome.
Peter died a Christian, not a Catholic and he was never a pope, would love to see book, chapter and verse on anything relating to Peter being a Pope. Here's what you're not understanding. To be the true church of the bible they must worship according to the bible, and they don't. Why in the world is that so hard for you or anybody else to comprehend that. You must do it God's way and there are complete instructions on how to worship according to the way God commands. This is why the Church of Christ is the church of the bible. Again, the CoC was established in the year 33AD on the day of the Pentecost. The Catholic church is a break of of the CoC. The Catholic church came to be when a few members of the CoC decided to do things in such a way that pleases the Roman dignitaries instead of God, it's that simple.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500443 Dec 17, 2013
I can't prove whether a creator does or does not exist. But I choose to believe that if a creator does exist, it's nothing that I would "in my new frame of mind" choose to worship.

I choose to believe that if a creator existed, it would not BE cruel, and therefore I refuse to believe that a creator exists ... period.

I suggest there simply has to be a better explanation.

The Grapple Tree (Harpagophytum procumbens) of South Africa produces a fearsome fruit called the “Devil’s Claw” which has been known to kill a lion. The fruit is covered in fierce hooks, which latch on to passing animals. In trying to shake the fruit off, the animal disperses the seeds but at the same time, the hooks sink deeper into the creature’s flesh. If the animal touches the fruit with its mouth, the fruit will attach itself to the animal’s jaw, inflicting great pain and preventing it from eating. Antelopes are usually the victims.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500444 Dec 17, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Peter died a Christian, not a Catholic and he was never a pope,
You don't WANT to control your desire to preach. Preaching has become to you an egotistical fulfillment.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#500445 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>So you admit you are swindlers.
~~~
question?

Are You always looking ... for some way... to to put some one down...Can't you ever say any .

thing that edifies?...cant you ever resist defaming

and....

being an ACT-NASTY...

ATTACKING OTHERS ....SEEMS TO BE YOUR FORT....

IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN ... YOU SHOULD ...act like it...

IS THIS YOU?

Act_20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall

-->grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock..

IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY...(THAT IS UPLIFTING.)

IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT....AND PRAY....

Location hidden

#500446 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If even one theologian on earth would admit to not knowing what he claims to know is fact, it might start unraveling all the lies put forth by the theologians.
Question ... "How do you know that a creator actually exists?"
Theologian ... "I have faith."
Question ... "So the truth is, you 'don't' know for a fact that a creator exists?"
Theologian ... "No, I don't know."
How do you know he doesn't exist for fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 18 hr I recently left 10,102
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) Fri Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... Fri truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web