Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703855 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#500466 Dec 17, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Yes June, you're right, preaching has brought me a world of joy
It also brings the Muslim Imams worlds of JOY.

Egoism demands its FILL.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#500467 Dec 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
The Vatican never said "Roman Catholic" only true Church. They said "Catholic Church". The title of this thread is misleading...
your above statement is ...erroneous
and ....the blood of..millions;
whose property was confriscated...
tortured ,
murdered,
souls
burned at stake,
their bodies pulled apart on the wrack,
in the inquisition....
witness to the fact.
that what you are DENYING
has been the polity of the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
FOR EONS...
"Rev_6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar
-->the souls of them that were slain
for the word of God, <--
and for the testimony which they held:..."
THESE TESTIFY ( in heaven ) AGAINST YOUR FALSEHOOD.
After ..JESUS catches away HIS bride...

THERE WILL BE ANOTHER INQUISITION..

WHEN

. The Roman Catholics join up with the ANTICHRIST...

THIS SCRIPTURE WILL COME TO PASS..

Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them;

and

--> it was said unto them,

that they should rest yet for a little season,

until their fellow servants also and their brethren,

that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. <--

ALREADY YOUR POPE HAS BECOME THE CUSTODIAN OF THE TEMPLE MOUNT IN JERUSALEM...

THE ANTICHRIST POSITION IS NOW BEING SET UP....
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#500468 Dec 17, 2013
I am a pastor who left the ministry. It was one of the most difficult decisions and transitions I ever made. It’s not just a matter of changing one’s career. It is much more complex than that.

Here’s why:
1.money: Like any other career change, it is very frightening to let your salary go. Even if it might be an insufficient one, it is still difficult to let go of your guaranteed income. Most pastors have no idea how they will provide support for themselves and their families if they leave.
2.family: Especially if your family is Christian, they had so much pride in the fact that you were “serving the Lord“. Pastors will anticipate a great deal of disappointment from their families when they walk away from this very special calling that so many people took such delight in.
3.self: When pastors get ordained, they, like me, vow that they will never, ever give up. They swear that they will serve the Lord and the church until death. To even think about surrendering this induces an incredible amount of personal shame.
4.theology: I always took great comfort from scriptures such as,“Run the race. Fight the good fight.” These passages helped me in the worst of times to persevere. To quit the ministry evokes enormous feelings of spiritual failure.
5.vocation: Almost all the pastors I have known are very specially trained. They have focused their whole lives and educations on theology and ministry to others. It is feared that to walk away from the only job that employs these skills is to expose oneself to a completely unmarketable and unemployable position. Usually it requires retraining, which in itself is too daunting to face.
6.congregation: To leave the ministry is to walk away from the congregation that the pastor has served. It can feel like abandoning your family. In fact, some might accuse the pastor of being a false shepherd who abandons the sheep. To anticipate this painful separation is excruciating.
7.enemies: Those who have questioned, ridiculed or even opposed the pastor’s ministry will suddenly have all the ammunition they need to say,“I told you so!” I’ve heard many times that leaving the ministry was proof that I shouldn’t have been a pastor to begin with. It feels like throwing in the towel, and there are people who love to cheer that demonstration of surrender.
8.meaning: To leave most jobs doesn’t bear the weightiness that leaving the ministry does. Leaving the ministry carries an existential significance that shoots a resigning pastor into the darkest of nights because, as most pastors sense, their job wasn’t just a job, but an extension of their spiritual selves. Ministry is the expression of their convictions, and to leave the job appears to be the desertion of these core convictions.
9.waste: All pastors are taught and believe that they are planting seeds. They toil year after year with faith that one day their labor will bear fruit. To consider leaving the ministry is to consider relinquishing the garden and to leave it untended or under the care of another who doesn’t share the same commitments. All that work is gone to waste without any chance of sharing in the harvest, if it ever comes.
10.friends: When pastors leave the ministry, they leave friends. For one, they are walking away from their peers in ministry. They are quitting that team. But they are also walking away from people they’ve served through their births, baptisms, marriages, divorces, deaths, tragedies and spiritual pilgrimages. They are saying farewell to people they have loved in very significant ways, intuitively knowing that walking away from the community network will also endanger their chances of that ever happening again.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nakedpastor/2013...
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500469 Dec 17, 2013
KayMarie wrote:
who="ReginaM" <quoted text>
Kay, anyone who has to make excuses for not kneeling before God in prayer, other than physical inability to do so, has bigger problems than forgetting that Jesus also knelt.[
----------
Regina, I made no excuses, but when I cannot kneel, I have no doubt that He hears me. I did not forget that He knelt; I just remembered that He did not make a LAW CONCERNING a ritual we must do to get His attention.
KayMarie
It's not about obeying a law out of obligation. It's about positioning yourself properly before God, and that would be in a posture of submission. NOt because that's what God demands, but because one wants to honor God and to display an understanding that one is God's creature.
I sure hope you were not trying to imply that the CC somehow made kneeling a law.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#500470 Dec 17, 2013
Recent reports indicate an average of 1,500 pastors quit the ministry every month, some forcibly because of ministry malfeasance and others because they have come to the end of their ropes and cannot carry on any more.

http://www.sermoncentral.com/pastors-preachin...
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#500471 Dec 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about positioning yourself properly before God
How arrogant!!!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500472 Dec 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>THE CATHOLICS ARE SO REDICULOUS.
they don't know that God looks at the heart and its position, not the position of the body.
when I spoke about that car almost killing us, I wasn't kneeling, I was Praying, and it was answered.
And you don't think that the position of the body affects the disposition of the heart?

Before you attempt to insult people, you should first learn how to spell the words you use in your attempt. Otherwise, you make yourself look ridiculous.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#500473 Dec 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
a figurative thousand years....
2 Timothy 2:12
12 if we endure,
we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
he will also disown us;
I saw,your post yesterday ..I.hope I had never been rude ..
I'd say most of us,are baptized,...at some time,.
Whatever we believe it does,for us,and towards,God ..it IS,important
On that we agree

The only problem I hate on your belief ..is,this ..
What if someone read a this,thread ..or hears your CHUTCH people,preach in ..ok.
They do not follow,Christ after reading ..And I think our attitudes, here could be a
Factor and I hope that does,not happen.
Any way said person gets,in an accident ..remembers,the word s,we've said..or he's,heard before .....may be even bought a bible to read but was,NOT there yet until now ..almost too late ..But he evil.one reminds him ..it's no use calling out to Jesus ..You ate dying .....You cannot get baptized ....And HE dies in despair ..

My belief ..if he Spirit has been calling him..he calls out for Jesus ...with a true softened heart ...Jesus,will embrace him..But if he ..IMO...mistakenly believes he MUSTZ be baptized or NO forgiveness ...And,foes,not call out ..a,soul has been lost ..May sound far fetched..by death happens,every day ...

Peace
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#500474 Dec 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
After ..JESUS catches away HIS bride...
THERE WILL BE ANOTHER INQUISITION..
WHEN
Does Jesus carry a sword ... to please you and Martin Luther?

How funny you are in your preaching-COSTUME.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500475 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
This,is,a debate forum ...DEBATE ..I hate no one ..nor Mary nor your Church...
A statement at the top of teachings forum had been debated here for about 5 years,...
Not a forum to insult and slander each other ...it did not belong on ANY forum......as you know it's against the forums,rules ...
.But the gutter talk definitely dies,NOT belong here ...in this thread in the same space we talk about Jesus ...can you NOT see that ..
I'm trying to get you to ACTUALKY read what your posting Knit ....it does,not belong here .
Sera is a good MARRIED Christian woman ...NOT what you implied her to be
If she is a good married Christian woman, why does she post hate filled posts? You get after me and others , but never her. She has said some very nasty things and so have you. You use words that really sting, and you act real innocent along with sera. Exoect a little noise when you attack people , yes you have. Sera protected a poster that is infatuated with the subject of pedophilia, sera agreeing with him, makes me wonder. YOU insult my Church, You are only on this forum to push hatred towards the Church.. l.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#500476 Dec 17, 2013
OH OH!!! It seems that "god" and the pope aren't on the same page of the bible!

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Prominent gay rights magazine honors pope on 77th birthday

It hailed as a landmark his famous response last July to a reporter who asked about gay people in the Church: "If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge?"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/17/us-...
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500477 Dec 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ and His Church can not be seperated. He hates Christ's Church, so...
yes, I believe you are correct.
Thankyou1 I see a lot of bigotry being posted on this forum from many protestants and the only reason they are on here is to sway Catholics away from the Holy Catholic Church. Rose, sera all of them are guilty.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500478 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
OH OH!!! It seems that "god" and the pope aren't on the same page of the bible!
:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
It hailed as a landmark his famous response last July to a reporter who asked about gay people in the Church: "If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge?"
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/17/us-...
the Pope doesn't promote gay rights. June , you read a lot, why not read what the Pope really said.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500479 Dec 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Catholicism's spirit is one of idolatrous adoration of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In fact, it is a spirit of demonism (1st Timothy 4:1), as is evident by the vain repetition of 53 "Hail Marys" in a standard Rosary prayer. Jesus condemned vain repetitious prayers (Matthew 6:7). Yet, they moan like a cult of Satan worshippers. Catholics have statues galore. Oh, how rebellious and sinful are the hearts of Catholics! They have religion without truth, churchianity without Christianity, and crucifixes without Christ.
lol
Who told you that honoring the Blessed Virgin Mary is idolatry?
Who told you that praying the Rosary is all in vain?
Who told you that hearing the Rosary prayed sounds like moaning of satan worshippers?
Who told you all these crazy things?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#500480 Dec 17, 2013
RESPONSE TO

reasons-why-leaving-the-minist ry-is-difficult-for-pastors...

THESE ARE THE ( WORDS CONCERNING HIS MINISTRY) GIVEN BY

THE APOSTLE PAUL....

1Ti_6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

2Ti 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,

which the Lord, the righteous judge,

shall give me at that day:

and

not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

AS FOR ME..

i AM TOO NEAR HOME TO TURN BACK...

AND

THERE ARE TO MANY OF MY LOVED ONES

ON THE OTHER SIDE,

FOR ME TO COPE OUT!

GOD NEVER PROMISED ANDY ONE A ROSE GARDEN,,,

AND EVEN ROSES HAVE THORNS..
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#500481 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I am a pastor who left the ministry. It was one of the most difficult decisions and transitions I ever made. It’s not just a matter of changing one’s career. It is much more complex than that.
se
gone to waste without any chance of sharing in the harvest, if it ever comes.
10.friends: When pastors leave the ministry, they leave friends. For one, they are walking away from their peers in ministry. They are quitting that team. But they are also walking away from people they’ve served through their births, baptisms, marriages, divorces, deaths, tragedies and spiritual pilgrimages. They are saying farewell to people they have loved in very significant ways, intuitively knowing that walking away from the community network will also endanger their chances of that ever happening again.
If you are a pastor, perhaps you can think of another reason why quitting the ministry is very difficult. I would appreciate your comments… anonymously if necessary.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nakedpastor/2013...
June says.........
Most pastors have no idea how they will provide support for themselves and their families if they leave.
Michael says.......Another paramount reason for clergy not to leave is because the flock will SHUN them for doing so. They will look down their long noses as if to call you a traitor or failure.
....I met an EX nun about 25 years ago. She told me her story. Her parents shuffled her off to a convent back in the 1950's. ALL the nuns there greeted her and treated her like their new found friend, but after a short time she saw the constant infighting and church rules being broken all the time by the nuns. When she left NOT ONE of the nuns at the convent even bid her a fairwell. I am sure this has played out tens of thousands of times to others and same with priests who for their own reasons leave.
There seems to be a built in vindictiveness with catholics towards other catholics who don't practice JUST LIKE THEM.
......very sad..
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500482 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Correction...NOT OUT OF HATRED OR DISRESPECT to your Church ..it's,a fact
Rose, you are lying, you do support other posters who cut down the Church, its reall evident. And you support posters who disrespect Christ.You can't even stand up for Christ. You make every excuse to support these vile posters who drag Christ and His mother through the mud, who spit on the Bride of Christ. You even think jebus means a group of people called jebusites. You are sick.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#500483 Dec 17, 2013
I watched a program yesterday, where one scientist claimed that humans, as have many other animal species, will probably go extinct.

I suggest if that occurs, other animals will still carry on with their suffering, just as occurred before human-preachers of religion taught that humans are special to gods.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#500484 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> the Pope doesn't promote gay rights. June , you read a lot, why not read what the Pope really said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/17/us -...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#500485 Dec 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ and His Church can not be seperated. He hates Christ's Church, so...
yes, I believe you are correct.
The catholic church is not Christ"s church..so you are incorrect. it is separated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May '18 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1