Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641500 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#500406 Dec 16, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.

Quesnel, Canada

#500407 Dec 16, 2013
And again ... keep in mind that all the supposed saviors in all religions were not created as male by chance. Mortal men created them in the male image, which means they created the creator his self WITHIN THE THEOLOGY as a male bigot of the worst bigotry EVER.

Quesnel, Canada

#500408 Dec 16, 2013
From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following……….

700—401 B.C.

Religion

Few men become arhats, and even fewer women; the only higher level is the achievement of nirvana (the end of the cycle of suffering caused by continual reincarnation), and it is believed in the Buddha’s day that women are incapable of achieving nirvana at all. They must be content with being as holy as possible in the hope of being reborn as men—and then they can reach nirvana.

Quesnel, Canada

#500409 Dec 16, 2013
"Women are the Root of All Evil" : The Misogyny of Religions

Judaism

with the male YHWH being repeatedly declared as the Highest of the Gods. It is hard to say to what extent this religious ideology affected social customs; there is however no doubt that the Israelite family was completely patriarchal, with the husband acting as absolute master of wife and children (de Vaux, 1965, p. 20; Moscati, 1953, p. 138).

http://www.infidels.org/kiosk/article/quotwom...

Quesnel, Canada

#500410 Dec 16, 2013

Christianity

Though largely disregarded by the Hebrew biblical tradition, misogynic aspects of the creation myth received great attention during the intertestamental period (Milne, 1989) and were later put to use by Christian exegetes. Outstanding among these are:

•Tertullian (c. 150- c. 230): "Do you know that you are each an Eve? On account of your desert even the Son of God had to die";

•Augustine (354-430): "It is still Eve the temptress that we must beware of in any woman",(both quoted in Armstrong, 1993, p. 124; on Augustine's attitude towards women see also Power, 1995, esp. p. 229);

•Aquinas, the Angelic Doctor (1225-1274), who refers to women as "defective and misbegotten" (Summa Theologica I/92).

http://www.infidels.org/kiosk/article/quotwom...

Quesnel, Canada

#500411 Dec 16, 2013

Islam

In her book on genital mutilation of Islamic women, Abdalla contrasts the theoretical equality of the sexes in the Koran (4:1) with the actual inferior position of women.

http://www.infidels.org/kiosk/article/quotwom ...
truth

Belair, Australia

#500412 Dec 16, 2013
Your Creator created you.
Did your Creator know you..yes it is..did others looking creations yes it is then who is pretender, who is real?

my God don't need kiss from me
my god don't need knelling
my god don't need nothing from me
Hand s lags body and mind on Cross.

How much you love your God with suffering?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#500413 Dec 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe in the myth of Jesus, you have no other choice but to believe that when he chose to be baptized by John the Baptist, Jesus his self vilified Judaism and chose to support Catholicism as his new version of truth.
You can't have it both ways.
Not being a Catholic or Christian, I think Jesus was a Samaritan and was baptized into Judaism by his cousin John. Nothing unusual about that. Jesus and John were both human, nothing more.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#500414 Dec 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is so easy to make you look like a simpleton.
so lets look at what Jesus considers the "Scriptures".
for He said, "Search the Scriptures", and since He wasn't dead yet, He was referring to the Holy Scriptures.
you know that right?lol
therefore Psalms 110.1 says and uses the lower case lord (pronounced adonee)to speak of David's Master.
I am like the chess expert , you want to constantly act like a fool, be my guest
When you find yourself in a hole.....stop digging!!!!!

Scripture: The sacred writings of the Bible. Often used in the plural. Also called Holy Scriptures.

Bible: The sacred book of Christianity, a collection of ancient writings including the books of both the Old Testament and the New Testament.

You have have brought Christ's Divinity to your natural man status......Christ knew, before the world began, the very day the sacred book of Christianity, the Bible, a collection of ancient writings including the books of both the Old Testament and the New Testament would come into existence.....that is the Scriptures He refers to......

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#500415 Dec 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> her implying I work on my back for a living,or that nick and I live on s.s or that I was in a mental hospital what else....makes me laugh. Honestly...I don't have to answer to her. She doesn't put a roof over my head or food on my table. She is nothing to me but a poor sole looking for attention.
True ..But that gutter talk has,no place among Christians,..IMO ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#500416 Dec 16, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "other than physical inability to do so", now didn't I? So there was no need to mention her broken hip, was there? No, there wasn't. But you just had to do it.
Yeah, peace to you, too.
You told HER about no excuses.......

however excuses are not necessary WAS THE POINT..Regina,and she wasn't making any ..none ars necessary ..

The point is,God loves our prayers ..our communication EITH HIM no matter our posture ..That was the point ..not He excuse You said we shouldn't make ..
If someone tells closer to God in their knees beautiful ...But you cannot judge a,prayer by our posture ...

For myself ..as I said ..I will kneel or just pray as I am ...

Location hidden

#500417 Dec 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Ox on the other hand, wouldn't be classified as a Christian because he denies the divinity of Jesus Christ. He teaches that Jesus is not God; they are not one being. But under sola scripture (if it were a true doctrine) his hands are washed. No competing sola scripturist can argue against him. That's how I see it.
Scripture isn't infallible by itself. It takes an infallible authority for scripture to exist in the first place. Someone had to get together and put down the gavel declaring certain books as inspired. Jesus didn't do that for us and neither did His Apostles..
The Bible speaks of you!!!!!

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Bible not only contains the word of God; it is the word of God. The primary author is the Holy Ghost, or, as it is commonly expressed, the human authors wrote under the influence of Divine inspiration. They are sacred and canonical "because, having been written by inspiration of the Holy Ghost, that have God for their author, and as such have been handed down to the Church". The inerrancy of the Bible follows as a consequence of this Divine authorship. Wherever the sacred writer makes a statement as his own, that statement is the word of God and infallibly true, whatever be the subject-matter of the statement.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#500418 Dec 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not being a Catholic or Christian, I think Jesus was a Samaritan and was baptized into Judaism by his cousin John. Nothing unusual about that. Jesus and John were both human, nothing more.
Jesus was Jewish..born to descendants if David ..tribe Judah .....John was His cousin whose father was Jewish priest ..

Why do you think he was a Samaritan
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#500419 Dec 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Whos mocking Christ and His mother? Not I...never once have I done that..This is a debate forum. Not solely yours.And don't forget, you insulted me first. Scroll back and read.
<quoted text>
The "holy catholic church" is not your church. Actually, your church is the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. Quite frankly there is nothing holy about the Roman Catholic church. For the record I do hate the organization and the false doctrine it preaches. I do not hate it's members.
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>So you hate Christ then.
Husker Du read these words from OldJG......quote, "The "holy catholic church" is not your church. Actually, your church is the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. Quite frankly there is nothing holy about the Roman Catholic church. For the record I do hate the organization and the false doctrine it preaches. I do not hate it's members." End quote.

Husker Du responded, quote, "So you hate Christ then."End quote.

Another goofy comment. One of so many from Husker Du they cannot be counted. How anyone with a brain could come to this conclusion and make this statement is beyond unbelievable.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#500420 Dec 16, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't understand that personal relationship, they worship the baby Jesus though.
Just to me ..Jesus is,Jesus..j commemorate His birth he did not have to go through but did because he loved us ..I mean just imagine the LORD creator confined inside a,woman..going through bit j..being circumcised ...And all the things humans endure with our feet of clay .

That was the BEGINNKNG,of HIS sacrifice for us ....Marge ..so I thank Him for coming .
The wise men and shepherd's adored Him as a baby ..I make sure my grand kids remember as does their mom ..

He IS OUR Risen Saviour ..of course But we reflect or should constantly on HIS,SACRIFICE ...the REASION we can live .

Location hidden

#500421 Dec 16, 2013
Where are you Hojo....Clay....Ant.....

This forum says: Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Ro 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

Question to all Catholics.....Since you and the Vatican say the RCC is the only true church (singular... Being only one; individual.)....whom built the churches (plural...a word indicating that more than one referent is being referred to or described) in Ro 16-16??????

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#500422 Dec 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
When you find yourself in a hole.....stop digging!!!!!
Scripture: The sacred writings of the Bible. Often used in the plural. Also called Holy Scriptures.
Bible: The sacred book of Christianity, a collection of ancient writings including the books of both the Old Testament and the New Testament.
You have have brought Christ's Divinity to your natural man status......Christ knew, before the world began, the very day the sacred book of Christianity, the Bible, a collection of ancient writings including the books of both the Old Testament and the New Testament would come into existence.....that is the Scriptures He refers to......
you continue to act like a fool, calling Jesus a liar.

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 5:39.

in this verse, He is referring to the Holy Scriptures, the OT for us.

and In the Holy Scriptures and the Book of Psalms 110.1 the correct spelling is lord(adonee).

and you can hem haw around all you want, YOU ARE WRONG.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#500424 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to me ..Jesus is,Jesus..j commemorate His birth he did not have to go through but did because he loved us ..I mean just imagine the LORD creator confined inside a,woman..going through bit j..being circumcised ...And all the things humans endure with our feet of clay .
That was the BEGINNKNG,of HIS sacrifice for us ....Marge ..so I thank Him for coming .
The wise men and shepherd's adored Him as a baby ..I make sure my grand kids remember as does their mom ..
He IS OUR Risen Saviour ..of course But we reflect or should constantly on HIS,SACRIFICE ...the REASION we can live .
You said in one of your post that you are not a Scholar.

Here you are acting as "Expert" and saying things about which you know very little.

Repeating claims without understanding what they mean.

Just parroting what Paul wrote, without confirming it from Jesus' own words.

Jesus said none of these things, that he is dieing for sins of others.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#500425 Dec 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You said in one of your post that you are not a Scholar.
Here you are acting as "Expert" and saying things about which you know very little.
Repeating claims without understanding what they mean.
Just parroting what Paul wrote, without confirming it from Jesus' own words.
Jesus said none of these things, that he is dieing for sins of others.
Father take,this,cup...(sin)

He,sham pay for our I inquiries,
.prophesy ..
By His,stripes,we,are,healed ..prophesy again..

I'm sure others,can do a better jib for sure,...

IT IIS,FINISHED
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#500426 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Father take,this,cup...(sin)
He,sham pay for our I inquiries,
.prophesy ..
By His,stripes,we,are,healed ..prophesy again..
I'm sure others,can do a better jib for sure,...
IT IIS,FINISHED
You should know that all Gospels were written AFTER Paul's letters and every Gospel has been "edited" by unknown hands.

Gospel of John is written in allegorical language and writer on many occasion put his own words in mouth of Jesus.

So do not get Dogmatic on what you read in these Gospels, also use your common sense and it would do you good, to read OT books also.

Learn about how God dealt with different people and nations.

Going to extreme in any thing, is what should be avoided.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr I recently left 10,102
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) 22 hr Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 23 hr truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web